• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
A remaster should come with Stop N Swop and Bottles' Revenge fully functional. Maybe their amiibo could involve unlocking something like that or another cool cheat.
Just the idea of them getting amiibo makes me so excited. I currently have the amiibo for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Link (and all the Link amiibos from other games for Breath of the Wild purposes), King Dedede, Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, & Pac-Man, having Banjo-Kazooie be among them would be the greatest piece of my collection!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Just the idea of them getting amiibo makes me so excited. I currently have the amiibo for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Link (and all the Link amiibos from other games for Breath of the Wild purposes), King Dedede, Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, & Pac-Man, having Banjo-Kazooie be among them would be the greatest piece of my collection!
It'd be so nice to have Banjo next to Diddy on my shelf as a throwback to Diddy Kong Racing. Man, if B&K are in Smash, I'd so very much want something new for DKR. Miss it so much.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It'd be so nice to have Banjo next to Diddy on my shelf as a throwback to Diddy Kong Racing. Man, if B&K are in Smash, I'd so very much want something new for DKR. Miss it so much.
If Banjo & Kazooie get in and get amiibo, I'm gonna have to get amiibo for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool! A really rare reunion!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If Banjo & Kazooie get in and get amiibo, I'm gonna have to get amiibo for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool! A really rare reunion!
Might have to get Dixie too! I hope all those that worked at Rare during its glory days get to look at Ultimate and see their legacy revived and celebrated in such a perfect way.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Man, I really hope Banjo is revealed tomorrow. I also hope the IndieGamer Chick or whatever her name is, was telling the truth about Rare Replay coming to Switch. Both Kazooie and Tooie on Switch along with Banjo in Smash would be a dream come true. Throw in an Isaac reveal too and this direct would basically be Christmas.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The only reason why I don't think we'll get Banjo tomorrow is because no doubt Sakurai would have a lot to say, much like Simon. I feel the same about Geno tbh.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Look at this

We got Gold in the unofficial version of the ballot

I’m getting a little confident in banjo

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Banjo should've been in the first Smash game. If he isn't in base I'll riot with y'all. Here's some good luck from the Isaac thread

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Dipping in here to send you good vibes!
Growing up I loved playing Banjo 1/2 on my 64. I honestly want Banjo back where he belongs, at Nintendo.
I am rooting for Banjo! Best of luck tomorrow!

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Dipping in here to send you good vibes!
Growing up I loved playing Banjo 1/2 on my 64. I honestly want Banjo back where he belongs, at Nintendo.
I am rooting for Banjo! Best of luck tomorrow!
Best of luck to you guys as well.
More Smash news is always welcome in my book, hopefully they have something for us tomorrow

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Goodluck for tomorrow's direct guys! I'm personally rooting for Isaac and geno but I'd definitely be excited and happy for you guys if banjo got in. I think he's likely to be dlc as a crazy hype character but I hope to see him and kazooie in smash ultimate!

D

Deleted member

We're on page 64 of this thread. Banjo confirmed? Haha in all seriousness how does everyone feel about his chances tomorrow? I feel like it would be a purely Smash direct for Banjo but if Sakurai taught me anything it's to expect the unexpected.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Here from the Isaac thread and I want to say if Banjo is confirmed I'd be so hyped. He's been so long overdue and he definitely deserves it

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if we are getting a N64 classic yes banjo time otherwise i say it will be someone else

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
The only credence I can think of for Banjo being announced in a Nintendo Direct instead of a Smash Direct is that it it would mean closer ties to Microsoft which would not just be Smash centric.

That being said, I'm of course hoping for Banjo, but my expectations are for someone else. I would definitely be happy with an Isaac announcement.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
We're on page 64 of this thread. Banjo confirmed? Haha in all seriousness how does everyone feel about his chances tomorrow? I feel like it would be a purely Smash direct for Banjo but if Sakurai taught me anything it's to expect the unexpected.
I’m not gonna get my hopes up for Banjo tomorrow, but anything could happen. If Issac or Geno get revealed, that will be enough to satisfy me. They’ll have plenty of chances for more reveals between now and launch and I have faith that hopefully all the big characters will be revealed and everyone on the Internet will lose their collective ****!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m not gonna get my hopes up for Banjo tomorrow, but anything could happen. If Issac or Geno get revealed, that will be enough to satisfy me. They’ll have plenty of chances for more reveals between now and launch and I have faith that hopefully all the big characters will be revealed and everyone on the Internet will lose their collective ****!
Well said lad. All in all I'm looking to feel that same feeling I got when I saw K Rool. And any of the Top dog most wanted's will do that for me. Let's hope for a good one.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
DIRECT HYPE ! any smash news will be good news, wonder what new games will be revealed ?

Nice to see support from other communitys GOOD LUCK GUYS :D

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
DIRECT HYPE ! any smash news will be good news, wonder what new games will be revealed ?

Nice to see support from other communitys GOOD LUCK GUYS :D
Agreed! All news is welcome!

It has been really nice to see such support all around. Truth be told, the dark days of Sm4sh really put me off from forums. This has been a pleasant surprise lol!

I would hope for some talk about Metroid Prime 4...

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
I feel like they’d probably save Banjo for last. Unless they have someone even crazier. Tomorrow will probably be someone safe like a new Pokémon or Skull Kid

D

Deleted member

I feel like they’d probably save Banjo for last. Unless they have someone even crazier. Tomorrow will probably be someone safe like a new Pokémon or Skull Kid
I totally agree with you. I assume it'll be 1st party.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Here's wishing you guys luck from the Skull Kid thread! Banjo is my absolute number tooie pick and his return to gaming is long overdue!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey everyone! Popping in from the Isaac thread! Wishing you all the bestest for Banjo! Although I've only ever played his game a few times, he belongs in Smash. The N64 was my first owned and favorite console ever and most of the games I played on there were from Rare, Jet Force Gemini, DK64, GoldenEye, etc. Banjo&Kazooie make so much sense to be Rare's rep in Smash and I hope he gets in!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So lets say Banjo & Kazooie get revealed.

Which song would you like to hear remixed on the website?

It can be any song from the series, so pick wisely!
B-K Intro theme, Spiral Mountain, Freezeezy Peak, or simply a medley.

For B-T, Hailfire Peaks, Glitter Gulch Mine, or Cloud Cuckooland

I'm bad at decisions.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
All I'm gonna say is if Banjo isn't shown tomorrow, even if an N64 classic is shown, don't lose hope. I'm hoping for Banjo but trying to keep my head clear.

The fact that we're (probably) getting a character reveal tomorrow is very promising, I can't imagine having less than 3 left at this point.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS also I have yet to find a remix (metal) that is good of this song yet. The guy who I think would be most up to it would be https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9Hl6LXPaooxMTvsOutw3A , as an example of how awesome some of his banjo stuf is here you guys go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8clwNJvIzcs&list=PL7KWF3BMEOt81aPYjgS8YS65WvwgcsQhV ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLN5WYVeq3k&index=15&list=PL7KWF3BMEOt81aPYjgS8YS65WvwgcsQhV
too bad he has alot of requests/songs already lined up, but something like this guys remixes would be sweet in a reveal trailer

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely-Positively a remix on the Main Theme.
https://youtu.be/vzJaitB8XQQ
Take a look at this beauty if you haven't heard it already
speaking of remixes of the main theme

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aX25pJov2dc

The song that plays inside Banjo’s destroyed house in Tooie. its crazy that Kirkhope managed to make the happy upbeat BK theme actually sound dark and depressing here

Also on the topic of music there’s a lot of great tracks that got cut from the games. I actually prefer the beta Mumbo’s Mountain more than the final version:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhuI5Bp-H0

and there’s an unused ice level theme that I love too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3igxB46btk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So lets say Banjo & Kazooie get revealed.

Which song would you like to hear remixed on the website?

It can be any song from the series, so pick wisely!
The opening theme HANDS DOWN! It could also be a melody that, as it goes, reveals their stage and (hopefully) shows Grunty as a stage boss/hazard.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I've never played much of the Banjo-Kazooie games, but they should definitely be in if at all possible. They are one of the most iconic parts of the N64, and it's really a shame that they didn't make it in because of the Microsoft deal back then

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Sending you guys some good vibes from the Isaac thread.

I have to say, I don't think Banjo-Kazooie will be revealed tomorrow....

.........because they would be the hypest possible reveal, and something tells me they're going to save the best for last!

grizby2

Smash Lord
I remember the days of my youth, powering up my N64 and playing Banjo-Kazooie just to run around as if it were a sandbox game! lol

i'll be super hyped if he gets in smash! I wish everyone here the best of luck! never give up!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Guys!
Insane dream idea!

What if Sakurai was able to give every fighter 9 alts? 8 of them being the traditional palette swapping we're all used to, and the 9th being a completely different model inspired by the glory days of the 64!

Could you imagine seeing all the characters who never had the chance to shine in that era throw down in 64-bit chaos? Better still is the thought of the original 12 smashers being pulled straight from the one that started it all, kicking butt in the new arenas, showing all these new fighters they still have what it takes.

I know it's ridiculously unlikely. Heck, I don't even know if it's technologically possible or even something others would like to see. For me though, it would be the definition of epic.

D

Deleted member

Guys!
Insane dream idea!

What if Sakurai was able to give every fighter 9 alts? 8 of them being the traditional palette swapping we're all used to, and the 9th being a completely different model inspired by the glory days of the 64!

Could you imagine seeing all the characters who never had the chance to shine in that era throw down in 64-bit chaos? Better still is the thought of the original 12 smashers being pulled straight from the one that started it all, kicking butt in the new arenas, showing all these new fighters they still have what it takes.

I know it's ridiculously unlikely. Heck, I don't even know if it's technologically possible or even something others would like to see. For me though, it would be the definition of epic.
For someone who considers himself a "classic gamer" for the most part, I love this idea. I really do. N64 designs are so charming for whatever reason. I'm up for this.

Top Bottom