• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
1) We'll get Banjo Threeie when bears actually fly

2) What new Mach Rider song leak?

As for Incineroar , it always did annoy that suddenly eveyrone became "fans" of the character because some leaker said that it was in. Same with Skull Kid. And I'm gonna be irked when the eventual "I totally wanted Banjo since the beginning" fans start heading here.
I've been an Incineroar fan since way before Ultimate happened, so it's disappointing to see him branded as the designated safe prediction. Imagine if Decidueye, Primarina or even Lycanroc were treated that way.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I've been an Incineroar fan since way before Ultimate happened, so it's disappointing to see him branded as the designated safe prediction. Imagine if Decidueye, Primarina or even Lycanroc were treated that way.
Decidueye was branded as the safe Pokemon rep at the beginning of Smash Ultimate speculation.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
If Banjo Threeie happens, it could be a bit of a Mega Man 11 situation where proving the worth of the franchise's genre is done by the original. After the Yooka-Laylee thing (which, didn't catch my interest despite me liking Banjo's games [even Nuts and Bolts]). Like, I'm not saying Yooka is Mighty No. 9 tier, but apparently it could've been way better.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll do the same as everyone else

1. Banjo and Kazooie: I've wanted these guys in since 4 and they've deserved to be in since Melee. The fact that they could be in is mindblowing
2. King K Rool: My second most wanted after Banjo. Felt that DK needed more reps and the king was long overdue
3. Issac: Has some cool moveset potential and his fanbase deserves it
4. Inkling: Such a cool gimmick and perfectly represented
5. Simon/Ritcher: While I'm not into Castlevania too much their representation and moveset gets me pumped
6. Mach Rider: Probably the best choice for a retro rep with some cool moveset possibility
7. Ridley: I've honestly never heard of Ridley until Brawl but the hype around him makes me glad he's in
8. Chorus Kid: Some really neat moveset plus they're cute as ****
9. Dark Samus: Looks like a cooler version of Samus
10. Geno: I'll be honest, leading up to the Grinch leak I wasn't the biggest fan of Geno and people being deadset on him turned me off to him but I've warmed up to him
11. Chrom: Probably my favorite of the Fire Emblems plus more Matt Mercer is a-OK in my book
12. Ken: Neutral, no preference
13. Shadow: Ow the edge, hopefully, he's a bit different
14. Isabelle: Only reason I'm down on her is how underwhelming her trailer was and how she led to such a drought of information
15. Daisy: Not the biggest fan of Daisy but whatever

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Getting Dixie Kong in there along with them would be the perfect dream.
Yeah, I really hope Dixie makes it in as DLC or something. Even with King K. Rool and potentially Banjo being in, I'd still be thinking in the back of my head that having Dixie in the roster would really make it feel complete, at least as far as the Rare characters go.

volbound1700

Smash Master
1. King K Rool
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Simon Belmont
4. Isaac
5. Ridley
6. Geno
7. Shadow
8. Inkling
9. Ken
10. Richter Belmont
11. Mach Rider
12. Chorus Kids
13. Daisy
14. Chrom
15. Dark Samus
16. Isabella

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
  1. Banjo and Kazooie.
  2. Geno
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Shadow
  5. Daisy
  6. Richter
  7. Chrom
  8. Ridley
  9. Simon
  10. Everybody Else in a massive tie. My game range is pretty limited.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I guess I'll do a list as well:

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley
4. Inkling
5. Simon
6. Geno
7. Isaac
8. Chorus Kids
9. Mach Rider
10, Isabelle
11. Echo Fighters

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
I’m not holding my breath for a proper new Banjo game. Who would even make it?

The most likely scenario is after Ultimate’s success gives Banjo some more attention Microsoft hires some random third party to remake the N64 games like Activision did with Crash and Spyro.

D

Deleted member

The most likely scenario is after Ultimate’s success gives Banjo some more attention Microsoft hires some random third party to remake the N64 games like Activision did with Crash and Spyro.
Ahem.....
FD6D87F9-16F8-45ED-AC97-7228D695770B.jpeg

StormC

Smash Hero
This is very surreal for me to see. Metal Gear Solid is my all time favorite game and Solid Snake is my favorite video game character, while Banjo-Kazooie is a top 5 for me, and those characters and world are a huge fixture of my childhood. Seeing Kazooie react to Snake's missile launcher - which is from MGS1 - would really hammer in how insane this crossover is, and the potential of having all of these video game characters near and dear to my heart together...

God I hope that Direct is soon. I don't think I can take the wait much longer.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice

I misread what you wrote and thought it said "I’m not holding my breath for a Paper Banjo game."
How hype would that be?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
As for Incineroar , it always did annoy that suddenly eveyrone became "fans" of the character because some leaker said that it was in. Same with Skull Kid. And I'm gonna be irked when the eventual "I totally wanted Banjo since the beginning" fans start heading here.
I know what you mean. :4duckhunt:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
King K. Rool and Banjo+Kazooie being in a game together would be a dream come true.
When watching King K Rool's trailer, having never been able to play DK64 as I didn't have the expansion pak, seeing his final Smash gave me nostalgic vibes for a game I had never played. It was the Rare vibe from it. Thinking I may get that again, with Banjo & Kazooie, is amazing.

My rankings of excitement would be:
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. King K Rool
3. Isaac
4. Geno
5. Shadow
6. Simon
7. Mach Rider
8. Chorus Kids
9. Inkling
10. Ridley
11. Richter
12. Daisy
13. Isabelle
14. Ken
15. Chrom
16. Dark Samus

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Might as well share my own hype list...

Newcomers:
  1. Banjo-Kazooie - They're one of the biggest reasons I hope the leak is real. Not only have I been wanting them since Melee came out, but they'd represent just how far Sakurai is willing to go to please the fans.
  2. King K. Rool - I gave his trailer a standing ovation as I was watching it live. I'm that excited to see him. I'm honestly surprised that it took the developers until the Fighter Ballot to realize how popular he is. He should've been included since Brawl.
  3. Inklings - Everyone and their grandma saw them coming, but that doesn't make them any less interested in trying them out.
  4. Geno - Despite not getting into Super Mario RPG until WAY after it came out, I always understood why both Sakurai and the fans wanted him in.
  5. Simon - Can't say I've played much Castlevania, but I know it's a pretty big part of Nintendo's history, so it makes sense that Simon's finally in. Plus, his moveset and stage are pretty cool.
  6. Ridley - Considering the opinion Sakurai previously had of him, having Ridley be playable is a big (literally and figuratively) deal.
  7. Issac - Not familiar at all with Golden Sun outside of Issac's Assist Trophy appearance in Brawl, but seeing how many people wanted him, I'm more than happy to have him included.
  8. Chorus Kids - Never played Rhythm Heaven, but I get the appeal of these characters. They might end up a little higher on this list if their moveset is interesting enough.
  9. Mach Rider - Same as Chorus Kids.
Echos/Clones:
  1. Daisy - I never thought she'd actually make it in until Echo Fighters became a thing, but I was always hoping she'd get this level of recognition one day. Plus, Peach has been my main for several games, so using Daisy will be a breeze.
  2. Shadow - Even though Sonic Adventure 2 hasn't aged well, it's always held a special place in my heart, so having a character that originated from it is nice.
  3. Isabelle - Ignoring how boring her trailer was compared to others, she's adorable and I'm interested in trying her out. That and her inclusion has generated a lot of hilarious fan art.
  4. Richter - On the same level as Simon, since they're almost exactly alike.
  5. Dark Samus - Pretty much the same as Issac. Not that familiar with the character, but she's (it's?) otherwise cool.
  6. Chrom - I have little to no attachment to Fire Emblem (outside a few we already have in Smash), but I get why its fans wanted Chrom, so I have no problem with him.
  7. Ken - Not exactly the most interesting Street Fighter character they could've added, but considering he's one of the first clones ever to be in a fighting game, it makes sense to have him alongside Ryu.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I misread what you wrote and thought it said "I’m not holding my breath for a Paper Banjo game."
How hype would that be?
I think that's a fine concept, but I'm not sure if "paper," even something different than the Paper Mario franchise, would be the best route to take. I think he'd fit better in a crafted world, frankly, but Yoshi already has already claimed that motif.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp
Time to add more fuel to the fire
2271C90B-0C76-4484-A876-13F57B633691.jpeg

And get this

Sakurai wanted-

Chorus kids for 3ds/wii u

Geno for brawl

Mach rider for melee

And Banjo for 64

Last edited by a moderator:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
One thing that bothers me about the model gun is that Mach Rider seems to be holding a pistol with an extended barrel but the model gun seems to be a rifle. Why would Sakurai use that gun if it's a completely different type of gun than he'd use the model for?

D

Deleted member

One thing that bothers me about the model gun is that Mach Rider seems to be holding a pistol with an extended barrel but the model gun seems to be a rifle. Why would Sakurai use that gun if it's a completely different type of gun than he'd use the model for?
It’s not just the gun you know look closely at the robot and Mach rider

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
While we're making lists: In which order do you think the newcomers will get announced?

#69: Isaac first, because I believe he was to be revealed together with Isabelle, but the circumstances made it inappropriate. Plus he was teased by Sakurai's Tweet.
#70: Chorus Kids. Following Isaac up by a less hype character.
#71: Geno. Another popular character that is sure to create hype, to keep the viewers' attention.
#72: Mach Rider. A character Sakurai seems to have considered once, saved for near the end as the wtf retro choice (as if Chorus Kids wasn't weird enough already.
#73: Banjo Kazooie last to "complete the puzzle" and to deliver the fatal hype blow to the audience.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
While we're making lists: In which order do you think the newcomers will get announced?

#69: Isaac first, because I believe he was to be revealed together with Isabelle, but the circumstances made it inappropriate. Plus he was teased by Sakurai's Tweet.
#70: Chorus Kids. Following Isaac up by a less hype character.
#71: Geno. Another popular character that is sure to create hype, to keep the viewers' attention.
#72: Mach Rider. A character Sakurai seems to have considered once, saved for near the end as the wtf retro choice (as if Chorus Kids wasn't weird enough already.
#73: Banjo Kazooie last to "complete the puzzle" and to deliver the fatal hype blow to the audience.

I agree with this, Shadow and Ken will be revealed together no doubt, whilst the list you put down seems most likely.

Banjo being saved for last will seal the deal, unlocking the hype flood gates

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
There's so much obvious damage control going on for something that is suppose to be fake.
I'm really hoping for a direct soon, maybe this week so we can finally find out the truth.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Been listening to the Glitter gulch mine Canary Mary race theme while reading all of this, im getting so ready boys, Banjo is getting closer and closer, I can feel it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgR0RDaJL8k

StormC

Smash Hero
I already ranked 'em by tiers, but let's list them one by one because I have nothing better to do on a Sunday.

16. Daisy: Have never cared about this character whatsoever, but she's here, so that's something.

15. Chrom: Not a Fire Emblem fan and have no need for a fourth Marth, but his fans got screwed over in Smash 4 so it's good that he's here now.

14. Isabelle: Don't play Animal Crossing, but Isabelle is cute enough. Her inclusion makes sense. Her moveset doesn't do much for me though. Almost feels like they couldn't come up with anything besides a tweaked Villager moveset with a few new moves.

13. Chorus Kids: I personally am not a fan of the Rhythm Heaven art style and I don't play the games, but I can't deny I'm curious how Sakurai implemented them. Rhythm Heaven is probably the most high profile Nintendo IP not represented in Smash, so it's pretty neat to see them.

12. Ken: I find Ryu boring as a character, so Ken is a chance to play with Ryu's moveset as a character I actually like. So, cool.

11. Mach Rider: Mach Rider isn't exactly an NES classic, but I'm very curious to see how they would fight in Smash as well. They have the potential for a really cool stage as well.

10. Dark Samus: I'm not the biggest fan of the Prime games, but they did a really nice job implementing Dark Samus into Smash with her animations. I would definitely be interested in playing as her over regular Samus.

9. Inkling: I don't play Splatoon, but their inclusion is so obvious and they bring a great moveset with them. I think the ink mechanic is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing characters get splat in all sorts of colors.

8. Geno: I'm conflicted on Geno. Super Mario RPG is one of my all-time favorite games, but Geno has never been one of the more notable parts to me and I find most reasons why he "should" be in Smash to be flimsy at best. That said, I think actually seeing him in Smash for real would get me pretty excited and tickle my nostalgia bone something fierce.

7. Shadow: Sonic Adventure 2 was my first real experience with the Sonic series and that's always what I remember Shadow for, barely playing any games beyond that feature him, so he would be another nostalgia pick. The memes will be great and I look forward to seeing his animations.

6. Isaac: I've only played Golden Sun fairly briefly many years ago, but Isaac's fans have been a real underdog for so long and I'd love to see them get what they want, especially if it revives the series as well. If his banner artwork is any indication, he's going to have a really cool moveset.

5. Simon Belmont: Although before I was unsure if Simon was really an iconic third party character on the level of who we have, I definitely think Castlevania made sense to be in Smash and Sakurai's implementation of him blew me away. His inclusion got me to play the Classicvania games, and while Simon is cool, they made me realize who is even cooler.

4. Richter Belmont: Rondo Of Blood is the best of the Classicvanias, and Richter mode is plenty fun in SOTN, so having him as an alternative to Simon - Simon is really the alternative since his moveset is the basis - is very welcome. Slide kick jumps will be tons of fun.

3. Ridley: The big boy. Ten years of waiting for him. I can't believe he's finally here and his design is an amazing reimagining of the character. I gave up on him after Smash 4, so seeing him here really lit a fire in me. I'm especially looking forward to playing as Meta-Ridley.

2. Banjo-Kazooie: In part due to the perceived impossibility, in part due to already being satisfied with Duck Hunt in Smash 4, in part due to most of my focus going to K. Rool, I never really seriously considered Banjo in Smash until very recently. Once K. Rool got in, I realized how much I wanted to see the bear and bird in Smash. Banjo-Kazooie is an all time favorite of mine and there will be tears when I see them back at home with Nintendo.

1. King K. Rool: The character I voted for in the ballot. Not just added to Smash, but saved from being forgotten forever by Nintendo. I spent so much time campaigning for this character that I fell in love with him in ways I didn't expect. Seeing him in Smash is the conclusion of years of hope and persistence. K. Rool is the realization of fans never giving up despite everything against them, and I can't wait to unlock him and release him onto the world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gooooooood afternoon banjo bros what’s everyone playing right now?

Top Bottom