• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Pretty much nothing has changed for Banjo's fate. I'm still optimistic.
Same here, but now that Isabelle looks like a semi clone and not an echo, that means there's one less character slot, it was kind of a wake-up call that not all newcomers will be heavily fan requested character's and that there is likely 2 and if we are lucky 3 slots left with a couple of echos in the base roster, Though I was always in the mindset that Banjo-Kazooie would be DLC in the end, With one less slot, I think it's really starting to look that way now.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Same here, but now that Isabelle looks like a semi clone and not an echo, that means there's one less character slot, it was kind of a wake-up call that not all newcomers will be heavily fan requested character's and that there is likely 2 and if we are lucky 3 slots left with a couple of echos in the base roster, Though I was always in the mindset that Banjo-Kazooie would be DLC in the end, With one less slot, I think it's really starting to look that way now.
do we have a specific number of newcomer slots that we're expecting?

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, we don't know how many "slots" there are or what the development process looks like. We shouldn't look at other characters as competition.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
so by the look of things, im seeing banjo getting a lot of positive reactions while geno, isaak and skull kid are getting more - **** theyre not getting in reactions. Very strange

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
do we have a specific number of newcomer slots that we're expecting?
All we can do is guesstimate. Not counting echoes, we've gotten at the most, 2 new characters a month. The last direct could quite certainly be a huge blow out, and we could get 3. But for the most part, I'm not expecting many more left.

so by the look of things, im seeing banjo getting a lot of positive reactions while geno, isaak and skull kid are getting more - **** theyre not getting in reactions. Very strange
Banjo being a 1st party character from a direct competitor would be too big of a news to add into a standard Nintendo direct. If he was to be revealed, it'd be closer to release. Meanwhile, the other 3 you mentioned simply have less opportunity to be revealed.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Everytime we think we see a pattern Sakurai slaps something new on the table.. I was expecting isabelle as an echo but now she seems more like a semi clone, something I didn't think we'd get.... there's a lot more precedence for Dixie to show up in a similar way now.

Personally I was underwhelmed I have little interest in Animal Crossing so I could care less about isabelle but good for her fans.. I'll admit her being a semi clone makes me wonder were exactly we are in terms of unique newcomers still... nothing changes for me in my opinion Banjo is very likely.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod We Banjo fans know more then anyone how it feels to want a character in smash & feel hopeless for years HELL we know what its like just wanting the Banjo-Trieeie game that was promised to us at the end of tooiee back in 2001 ! I'll always be happy for someone getting "there fave" a new character in smash who are we too take there joy away? I want as many characters as we can have smash is a "special" game. I just don't want anyone to feel hollow & empty inside like I felt back during brawl when I realized found out about the rare buy out & knowing banjo may never be in smash unsure if we will ever even get a new banjo game :/

if I ever get a banjo amiibo its name will be Hope & Dreams B/C that's all I have done with banjo & will still continue to :D

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Also can we talk about peachette ??? like is toadette a princess or was peach a toadette at one point ? miyamoto did say toads have no gender & repurduce with sporse so is it a queen bee type of thing??? will we get Peachette Alt for Peach ??? :p

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Man guys I am starting to get my hopes down in general. Not because of Isabelle which I'm actually glad she got in, but because the possibilities for newcomers are getting tighter. At this point I have gotten attached to the possibility of getting Bandana Dee, Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, Banjo, and I won't count Dixie because she's likely safe as an echo, but I feel that we are definitely not getting everyone we want. We still have yet to see if Bandai Namco will get a rep and then there's the music theory that if it proves to be true it may end up deconfirming characters like Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and possibly Geno and point towards new reps for Pokémon, Sonic, and Xenoblade. Things are looking really tight right now.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hard to say if Isabelle being a Newcomer is a good or bad omen for other heavily requested 1st party characters. I can honestly say I never expected her to not be an Echo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I mean, we don't know how many "slots" there are or what the development process looks like. We shouldn't look at other characters as competition.
Realistically they kind of are in competition, because at the end of the day not everyone's favorites are going to make it in, you can't please everyone, Some will be prioritized over others, Plus for newcomers, We already have Inkling, Ridley, K.Rool, Belmont, Isabelle even if she is a semi clone, that's already 5 slots, there can only be so many since the roster is jam packed as it is and characters so far only get unveiled in Nintendo directs and Smash directs, Today's Nintendo direct is likely the last one until January and we just had a Smash direct in August, sure there can probably be one in October , But I'm sure we can all agree that we will have one last big Smash direct in November, if there is (Best case scenario) 2 Smash directs left we can expect at least 2-4 reveals with a couple of echos to close out the base since we are less than 3 months until release and then anything extra would be DLC for later on.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hard to say if Isabelle being a Newcomer is a good or bad omen for other heavily requested 1st party characters. I can honestly say I never expected her to not be an Echo.
Another AT/mii costume being made playable… it's highly positive for characters like geno, isaac and skull kid.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I wouldn't be too discouraged. I think we'll certainly get one of the big names at some point. (Those being B&K, Isaac, Geno, and Skullkid) While the less likely half of that happens to be my most-wanted characters lol.

I don't think this direct means anything, honestly. Just think we were a little too overzealous in the blog post speculation. Still got over two months until this bomb drops.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Honestly out of all the front runner popular fan picks Banjo is the one that I'm worried about the most, I still feel like Geno and especially Skull kid have pretty good chance.

StormC

Smash Hero
If anything Isabelle should be a boon to Banjo. Verge claims there's Minecraft content.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be too discouraged. I think we'll certainly get one of the big names at some point. (Those being B&K, Isaac, Geno, and Skullkid) While the less likely half of that happens to be my most-wanted characters lol.

I don't think this direct means anything, honestly. Just think we were a little too overzealous in the blog post speculation. Still got over two months until this bomb drops.
I was gonna say something to this degree, but you have said it beautifully. I imagine when the next Smash Direct is, we will see a LOT more. This was a simple presentation.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
If anything Isabelle should be a boon to Banjo. Verge claims there's Minecraft content.
I'm nor really putting a lot of faith into any leaks no matter how many things they've gotten right so far, but I don't think Minecraft is as much of a chance booster as everyone thinks. We've been getting Minecraft stuff on Nintendo systems for a while now. But around the same, both Nintendo and Microsoft told fans that a Rare Replay port wasn't impossible and to ask Rare if they were down for it, and they just gave us a flat out "Not going to happen"

I'd love to be optimistic but it's difficult for me. I think Ridley and K. Rool made me hopeful for the impossible, so I dove deep into Smash Speculation, but Isabel just kind of feels like a wake up call to me, I'm going to try and stay realistic now...
That said, Banjo is still my no 1 most wanted character, and the only character that would make me feel the same excitement Sonic did so many years ago.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I am not discouraged, if anything I'm a little hopeful. Obviously not every character with a camp will get in, slots are limited, and Banjo has a steep slope, but at least some of them will so no reason to get discouraged, Which characters get in and what order they are announced is probably a very long decision process. Like is Issac a good character for the base game? Will he increase $60 full game sales, or is he better suited as a DLC fighter sold at $3, a higher profit margin than just including him in the base, and a character all the competitive players and Issac's fans will gladly pay the $3 for. Isabelle is obviously more well known and popular as a character, so it makes sense for her to be a base roster character especially since she is a semi-clone.

Like it's good to have a K-Rool or Ridley in the base to get the hardcores riled up and mix those announcements with some of your Chrom's or Daisy's or Isabelle's with their franchises more massive fan bases. Not every hardcore popular character with giant support has to be in the base game I think, though a couple more are likely to make it. Banjo's chances today feel pretty much the same as they did yesterday, and if Vergeben continues to be right and Microsoft is on board, that just makes Banjo more likely (as a character or god forbid an assist trophy.) I don't trust leakers automatically or use heir words as gospel, but I'm just hoping he is right anyway. Even if Minecraft has some kind of representation like a boss stage and Banjo doesn't get announced, that doesn't rule him out as DLC either. Capcom managed to get Ryu after Megaman was in the base game. So not all negotiations have to go through at once. Definitely hoping to see Vergeben be correct on Minecraft and just pray Sakurai wants Banjo in. Ultimate has referenced enough Rareware games with K Rool's DK64 references and Krystal using her Adventures design for me to believe Sakurai recognizes Rareware's games as a significant part of Nintendo history.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I like Animal Crossing, but that was severely underwhelming. Expected, yet baffling.

I don't know why or how much effort was put into her being a semi-clone. But as a newcomer, after being told not to expect too many is just disappointing a bit. I don't really have an interest in playing or beating up a character like Isabelle, I just don't think shes a suitable pick as a fighter.

The trailer was also way too long, it was obvious from the get go, with like a near minute of dead air.

That said, Vergeben was right, which means his involvement of Microsoft may still ring true. Nothing has changed really.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I like Animal Crossing, but that was severely underwhelming. Expected, yet baffling.

I don't know why or how much effort was put into her being a semi-clone. But as a newcomer, after being told not to expect too many is just disappointing a bit. I don't really have an interest in playing or beating up a character like Isabelle, I just don't think shes a suitable pick as a fighter.

The trailer was also way too long, it was obvious from the get go, with like a near minute of dead air.
Honestly I am glad she was announced right away. Could you imagine if she was one of the LAST characters to be announced?
I think this was the best fighter to show (maybe a Pokemon Rep) and Sakurai can safe the best for later.
Don't get me wrong, I like Isabelle, but she was a fighter to get out of the way for the BIG reveals later.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I am glad she was announced right away. Could you imagine if she was one of the LAST characters to be announced?
I think this was the best fighter to show (maybe a Pokemon Rep) and Sakurai can safe the best for later.
Don't get me wrong, I like Isabelle, but she was a fighter to get out of the way for the BIG reveals later.
You're right, it was the best time and way to do it.

I just don't think I fundamentally agree with her being a fighter, let alone a newcomer full stop, even if she's a semi-clone.

Just seems like time and resources that could've been put into something else.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You're right, it was the best time and way to do it.

I just don't think I fundamentally agree with her being a fighter, let alone a newcomer full stop, even if she's a semi-clone.

Just seems like time and resources that could've been put into something else.
Yeah I understand, believe you me.

Also, HAPPY 2900 POST BANJO-ROOS!!!
EDIT: From a couple back

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I want to believe the Verg Leak but any chance of Mother 3 getting localized is just surreal to me at this point lol.

The dude has said a couple of things that seem like they wouldn't be true.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Hang on what? I haven't been following the leaks down to the smallest detail because I don't want to latch onto any of them, no matter how many things they got right, but has this Verg guy really predicted a Mother 3 localization?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Hang on what? I haven't been following the leaks down to the smallest detail because I don't want to latch onto any of them, no matter how many things they got right, but has this Verg guy really predicted a Mother 3 localization?
I believe it was something he mentioned, yes. In addition to Smash stuff he's called a couple of title announcements.

I suppose I cant quote him with absolute certainty, though. I always hear and understand leaks through other parties, I have not personally sifted through his Reddit posts. Still, I remember it being mentioned. I've been waiting on that one for years. Would truly be a dream come true if he's right.

StormC

Smash Hero
Verge's history of leaks outside of Smash is shaky at best but so far everything he's said about Smash has come true.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think at the moment the best hope for Banjo is DLC.

As Isabelle is not an echo and we're less than 3 months away til the reveal we've got at most 3 unique characters left (plus echo fighters). Due to how clear Sakurai was about 103 stages I think that number is likely final for the base game. Our most likely characters are a Pokemon (Incineroar) and Geno. Neither of which need new stages. Maybe we'll get lucky with an Isabelle-esque Dixie, or we'll get a Zelda character. They probably front-loaded K. Rool and Ridley to avoid leaks, with Geno being the final reveal (surprise/retro pick).

Assuming Vergeben is right about Minecraft content, and it wouldn't have been a character, this means that it likely was sorted out AFTER the roster was decided meaning that Banjo's path to Smash would be a little like Ryu's.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I’m thinking now Banjo is very very likely actually.

(Vergeben leak spoiler)
Consider that Vergeben (The Isabelle/other correct leaks leaker) said some Minecraft content is in. If true, that means Nintendo’s already made contact with Microsoft, doesn’t it? And if they’ve already done that...

I’d give Banjo a 95% chance at being in either at launch or as early DLC.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I’m thinking now Banjo is very very likely actually.

(Vergeben leak spoiler)
Consider that Vergeben (The Isabelle/other correct leaks leaker) said some Minecraft content is in. If true, that means Nintendo’s already made contact with Microsoft, doesn’t it? And if they’ve already done that...

I’d give Banjo a 95% chance at being in either at launch or as early DLC.
Yes it would mean that Microsoft would be involved. However content that isn't character related isn't always decided at the start of the game. If the Minecraft content was decided after the roster was finalised then Banjo is a no-go until DLC.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I wish I could be as optimistic about Banjo being in because of the alleged Minecraft content, but somehow it doesn't give me hope. Microsoft may be on board but what i'm more concerned about is Rare. I still feel burned by how they shot down the Rare Replay for Wii U campaign when all the stars were aligning. Minecraft on Wii U, Microsoft said "it's up to Nintendo" Nintendo said "It's up to Rare" the campaign actually reached trending status but Rare came out with a solid "Not going to happen", not even a "No plans" but a black and white No.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wish I could be as optimistic about Banjo being in because of the alleged Minecraft content, but somehow it doesn't give me hope. Microsoft may be on board but what i'm more concerned about is Rare. I still feel burned by how they shot down the Rare Replay for Wii U campaign when all the stars were aligning. Minecraft on Wii U, Microsoft said "it's up to Nintendo" Nintendo said "It's up to Rare" the campaign actually reached trending status but Rare came out with a solid "Not going to happen", not even a "No plans" but a black and white No.
As much as I would like Rare Replay on the Switch, I didn't see it happening and not just because of Rare and Microsoft licensing, but a chunk of those games were Xbox and Xbox 360 games, emulation would be very tricky and complicated on the Wii U or Switch and it also doesn't really matter what Rare says, they are 100% owned by Microsoft, Microsoft publishes and budget their games and development, At the end of the day, Microsoft calls all the shots.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Also Wii U was a failure. Even if Microsoft was open to doing Rare Replay for a Nintendo system and they could do all the emulation it wouldn’t make financial sense to put it on the Wii U.

I think Rare Replay for Switch would make financial sense tho if they ever went for it.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
So how many characters does everyone think there are left to be unveiled in the base roster ? I want to say 2-3 characters left in the base roster, Some people are saying that we should be expecting 1 or 2 each month until launch and to expect a Smash direct in October, personally I think October is still a little early and we just had a Smash direct in August, Not to mention that newcomers so far only get unvield in directs and not randomly out of nowhere. So I expect 1 big final Smash direct in November to reveal that "secret mode", Online multiplayer and modes, other extra single player modes and of course 2 maybe 3 character reveals with a couple of echoes, But 1 of those newcomers has gotta be a big one (Hopefully Banjo-Kazooie, But I still expect them to be DLC), so they bring up that tag line one last time again and really mean it when they say "Everyone is Here !!!"

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Can I get a timeline of what verge has said in regards to smash ultimate? I'm trying to tie together which sources might have given him what information. Stuff he coupled together is likely from the same source. Can anyone lend a hand in this department? Totally not trying to debunk the new pokemon rep theory or anything xD

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
As much as I would like Rare Replay on the Switch, I didn't see it happening and not just because of Rare and Microsoft licensing, but a chunk of those games were Xbox and Xbox 360 games, emulation would be very tricky and complicated on the Wii U or Switch and it also doesn't really matter what Rare says, they are 100% owned by Microsoft, Microsoft publishes and budget their games and development, At the end of the day, Microsoft calls all the shots.
This. Several N64 Rare titles were on 360, and while I can't say whether or not they're available on Xbox One I dont think it was a secret to anybody in the industry that the Wii U wasn't the most promising system. It's kind of this strange transition piece of technology that now haunts people's cabinets lol.

I can totally see why Rare would want to keep Virtual Console versions of their games at home on Microsoft consoles. Featuring their characters in a different platform's fighting game is a whole different ball of wax.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Who Knows sakurai said don't expect to many newcomers & we got
Inkling in the reveal trailer
Then Ridley & Daisy at E3
Then Simon & Ricter Dark Samus & Chrom & King K Rool in a smash direct
& then just Isabelle in a non smash direct

So with up to 2 new characters & 3 echos in a single smash focused direct & october & november left at MAX 4 New commers 6 more echos & at minimum 2 newcommers & 2 to 3 echos, its down to the wire my boys !!!! THE LAST CHARACTERS HAVE TO BE BIG REVILES ! they blew there load on King K Rool & Ridley already !

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly at this point I'm just hoping we don't go through all of October without an announcement. If Banjo is in base though, he's the last reveal.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I feel with that banjo figure (not 500$ statue) & banjo plush (witch was leaked to be gamestop exclusive FOR october) they HAVE to be planning something ! like why else tease a banjo figure in shadow & say/do nothing with it for there 20th anniversary & wait untill the end of the year to annouce it ? it would be dumb & tone deaf of what the fan want !

think about it ! you say you have NO new banjo game for there 20th anniversary just some mertch during the time where fans NONSTOP BEG FOR A NEW GAME & BANJO IN SMASH & just shill sea of theifs on there socail media not a good look for your company especally when M$'s xbox is not doing to hot right now ( i know i got a PS4 & Switch but no X1 right now) THEY NEED BANJO IN SMASH ! & they NEED BANJO-THREEIEE at there Next gen console after X1 & no better way to get banjo in kids mineds then to put him in smash celebrating THE BEST CHARACTERS IN GAMMING HISTORY !

only banjo, sora or goku could make HUGE headlines for smash (with geno & issic close behined)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !

Top Bottom