• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
My only fear is if they make it too accurate and have it so that Banjo only has one attack not involving Kazooie. My memory is a bit foggy, but if I'm not mistaken this attack is just Banjo swinging his arms wildly lol.
There's also the pack whack

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
ARE YOU F$U%ING S$(%ING ME!?!?! MARIO PARTY 2! AGAIN !!!!! that alone is a reason not to buy it ! where is 1 or 3 !

& NO RARE TITLES FOR N64 CLASSIC MINI !?!?!? DK64 is there SOOOOOO they had to GET RARE & M$ permission for JETPACK AGAIN ! & didn't ask for banjo!!?!?!? OR DKR !?!?!?
I don't think they need Rare's permission for DK64.

Which is funny, because their logo is in it.

No need to be alarmed, though; it seems to just be virtual console from the Wii U.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
ARE YOU F$U%ING S$(%ING ME!?!?! MARIO PARTY 2! AGAIN !!!!! that alone is a reason not to buy it ! where is 1 or 3 !

& NO RARE TITLES FOR N64 CLASSIC MINI !?!?!? DK64 is there SOOOOOO they had to GET RARE & M$ permission for JETPACK AGAIN ! & didn't ask for banjo!!?!?!? OR DKR !?!?!?
What are you even talking about? Are you okay? The n64 classic hasn't been confirmed in any way.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo played it safe and went with a line up very similar to this for the N64 Classic.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I don't mean to go too deeply off-topic but could someone explain the appeal of Pokemon Snap to me?

(I may or may not be speaking as a disgruntled player who couldn't get past the first level as a child)
I always loved it because of all the secrets that you could find to get unique pictures along with the way the pokemon interact with each other and you. I found myself replaying levels over and over again when I was a kid experimenting interacting with the environment just to see if I could find a new pokemon, I'll never forget when I accidentally figured out how to find Gyarados or get a close up shot of a group of Lapras and unlocking the hidden map with Mew. I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been another game, it could have so many of the new pokemon and I know Nintendo would love to use a gimmick control like using your controller like a camera.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like an N64 Classic would need Rare titles for people to buy it, particularly if it gets close to that $100 price point. SNES Classic had Star Fox 2 as a hook. People have recommended Sin and Punishment--problem is, unlike Star Fox, it's not associated with a popular series, in the West (it was highly demanded by fans, but we're talking about a casual audience). I'm sure most people wouldn't know or give a **** about it. But Rare titles on Nintendo for the first time in decades? You can't do that on the Wii U. And anecdotally, I would only get it if Rare titles were on it--otherwise, I have them for far more cheaper, and selective, on my Wii U. And with Microsoft presumably working with Nintendo on Smash, it's far more likelier than it would have been five years ago.

My guess for a realistic line-up:
1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Donkey Kong 64
5. Star Fox 64
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Yoshi's Story
8. Mario Kart 64
9. Mario Party 2
10. 1080° Snowboarding
11. Pokémon Snap
12. Diddy Kong Racing
13. Banjo-Kazooie
14. Banjo-Tooie
15. Sin and Punishment

There's more than my original 10 proposal, given the announcement of a Playstation Classic (and I felt comfortable adding Tooie this time!). I don't think it will have more than the SNES Classic tho, as Nintendo probably thinks they could outsell the Playstation Classic with their quality alone. Hopefully they realize Rare titles are the way to go.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I feel like an N64 Classic would need Rare titles for people to buy it, particularly if it gets close to that $100 price point. SNES Classic had Star Fox 2 as a hook. People have recommended Sin and Punishment--problem is, unlike Star Fox, it's not associated with a popular series, in the West (it was highly demanded by fans, but we're talking about a casual audience). I'm sure most people wouldn't know or give a **** about it. But Rare titles on Nintendo for the first time in decades? You can't do that on the Wii U. And anecdotally, I would only get it if Rare titles were on it--otherwise, I have them for far more cheaper, and selective, on my Wii U. And with Microsoft presumably working with Nintendo on Smash, it's far more likelier than it would have been five years ago.

My guess for a realistic line-up:
1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Donkey Kong 64
5. Star Fox 64
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Yoshi's Story
8. Mario Kart 64
9. Mario Party 2
10. 1080° Snowboarding
11. Pokémon Snap
12. Diddy Kong Racing
13. Banjo-Kazooie
14. Banjo-Tooie
15. Sin and Punishment

There's more than my original 10 proposal, given the announcement of a Playstation Classic (and I felt comfortable adding Tooie this time!). I don't think it will have more than the SNES Classic tho, as Nintendo probably thinks they could outsell the Playstation Classic with their quality alone. Hopefully they realize Rare titles are the way to go.
I would be surprised to not see Wave Race or F-Zero X (include the DD Expansion Kit content, please?). Perfect Dark I hope would get a spot since Goldeneye certainly isn't happening.

Solid lineup regardless. I'd love to play DKR again and S&P is one that I'd love to try out.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This guy pretty much took the words from my mouth word for word and couldn't have said it any more perfect, When I pitch Banjo-Kazooie for Super Smash Bros these are the exact claims I and probably all of the Banjo-Kazooie community agree with and have been discussing this entire time. Straight forward and to the point, No BS, Brings up all the arguments and counters them with really good points, Probably the best fan pitch for Banjo-Kazooie I have seen on Youtube, This guy clearly knows how we think. Great video.

Banjo & Kazooie for Smash !!!
https://youtu.be/Yet7sUQqK8M

Last edited:

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I always loved it because of all the secrets that you could find to get unique pictures along with the way the pokemon interact with each other and you. I found myself replaying levels over and over again when I was a kid experimenting interacting with the environment just to see if I could find a new pokemon, I'll never forget when I accidentally figured out how to find Gyarados or get a close up shot of a group of Lapras and unlocking the hidden map with Mew. I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been another game, it could have so many of the new pokemon and I know Nintendo would love to use a gimmick control like using your controller like a camera.
Relatable. Pokémon Snap was insanely good. It could be because the game is a little ambitious now as there are soooo many new Pokémon out. There would be a lot of pressure to make more levels, include more Pokémon, and create new concepts around the game so it doesn’t go stale. I think there is a lot of untapped potential, though, and really there should be another one.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Can I be listed under a supporter please?

Also, I don't frequent this thread a lot. However, I got a question.

Banjo-Kazooie vs Steve as the Microsoft rep. Do you think Sakurai would choose Banjo-Kazooie over Steve? Because I'm really hoping he does.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Can I be listed under a supporter please?

Also, I don't frequent this thread a lot. However, I got a question.

Banjo-Kazooie vs Steve as the Microsoft rep. Do you think Sakurai would choose Banjo-Kazooie over Steve? Because I'm really hoping he does.
Sakurai definitely would. Banjo & Kazooie are the ones that were extremely popular in the ballot, and would be a giant love letter to Nintendo fans. He would go to Microsoft specifically to use them.

However, whether or not B&K would get in by themselves or alongside Steve depends on how lax Microsoft would be during negotiations. They could feasibly request that an IP they more frequently use be given the same star treatment as B&K would. Maybe they only ask that Minecraft in general be present in the game (read: Verge's initial claim implying that non-playable content is most likely).

It's bad PR to outright deny use of B&K given that the head of your entire gaming division was open to it and got everyone's hopes up. I just wonder if they'd want Steve to get in first or if there's any real preference for who's in the base game versus DLC.

Either way, I seriously do not expect Ultimate to end development with only Steve. Either they have Banjo, Banjo & Steve, or talks fell through completely and there's no Microsoft content at all (which given their positive relationship as of late, I doubt).

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
There's always the chance that we get both Banjo-Kazooie and Steve for the base roster. Though my only reasoning for this is because Konami gave us all of their content right up front like Snake, his Stage, and AT returning plus new music, Castlevania content and Simon and Richter, instead of Simon for the base roster and Richter as DLC. It would be great to have everything revealed from Microsoft to base game content in a Smash Direct unless one of the characters is pushed to DLC due to needing more development time.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Though I want him in the base roster, I would be pretty okay with banjo being in smash as dlc. As long as he's in the game as a fighter I don't mind waiting a little bit longer for him.

Also could I be listed as a supporter?

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I DO NOT want Banjo-Kazooie in as DLC because I want them in the story mode of there is one.

Maybe Sakurai could update the story mode but I don't think he'd do that.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Oh sweet jesus I'd buy as many Banjo-Kazooie amiibo as I could before I'd have to file for bankruptcy.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Oh sweet jesus I'd buy as many Banjo-Kazooie amiibo as I could before I'd have to file for bankruptcy.
I may have to pick up 2 amiibos when they make it to Ultimate. One unopened which will go next to my unopened :4cloud: amiibo, while the other one will be next to my other 3 opened amiibos :4link::4wiifit::4fox:.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
With third party companies, the way it seems to work is you get the big dog in first and then that gives way for the retro fan favourites.

They got Snake from Konami. Then Simon Belmont followed.

They got Cloud from SE. And Geno will probably follow.

If Banjo is to get into Smash, we'll almost definitely have to see either Steve or Master Chief first... And Steve is probably the most likely of the 2.

To sum up. We won't get Banjo without getting Steve.
Uh... That's not true at all.

If that had been true we'd have gotten a Ryu, Morrigan and a Resident Evil character before Mega Man.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
If that had been true we'd have gotten a Ryu, Morrigan and a Resident Evil character before Mega Man.
No no no no no. Darkstalkers is not a bigger IP than Megaman. Megaman and Street Fighter are Capcom's big two. The reason Megaman got in before Ryu was mostly fan demand and the fact that Megaman is big enough to stand on its own 2 feet.

I'll admit it is a slight exception but you can't say it doesn't make sense to get the biggest character from a third party company first to give yourself wiggle room to get the slightly more obscure fan favourites.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No no no no no. Darkstalkers is not a bigger IP than Megaman. Megaman and Street Fighter are Capcom's big two. The reason Megaman got in before Ryu was mostly fan demand and the fact that Megaman is big enough to stand on its own 2 feet.

I'll admit it is a slight exception but you can't say it doesn't make sense to get the biggest character from a third party company first to give yourself wiggle room to get the slightly more obscure fan favourites.
Morrigan has transcended Darkstalkers and Capcom uses her for EVERYTHING. Mega Man wasn't even in MvC3, TvC or Infinite. I believe she's the most used character in crossovers aside from Ryu and Chun Li. Regardless of whether you'd want to include her, the fact still remains that RE, SF and MH are much, much, much, much more significant IPs to Capcom than Mega Man is.

In fact Megaman and Street Fighter are most certainly NOT Capcom's 'big two'. That would be Resident Evil and Street Fighter. Resident Evil has over double the total sales figures of Mega Man and a (for some reason) successful movie franchise backing it. Mega Man was included in Smash due to fan demand, and we got the more iconic character later (Ryu). It'd be more akin to getting Banjo and later Master Chief. Which was my point, Mega Man wasn't included because he's Capcom's most iconic character or from their top IP. Street Fighter, Monster Hunter and especially Resident Evil are far and away more prolific and important to Capcom and gaming as a whole (they have also all outsold Mega Man).

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Long post incoming on my opinion with this new Smash rumor.

Nothing really seems off with this "leak" to me so I'll give this a chance. Back when Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers I knew to expect the opposite due to Sakurai being a huge troll and a wild card, but on the realistic side I try to keep my expectations in check. While I usually pass off every Smash rumor as fake until I see some gameplay, I won't give this one a quick pass.

I'm sure a lot us expect to get a very few amount of newcomers next but I won't be surprised if this leak came true. Several of the characters mentioned as newcomers all have some sort of "evidence" that suggest they could be in Ultimate. We recently had Meta Ridley and a Yoshi alt revealed which points to a possible Alt costume shop (specific characters like Ms. Pac-Man, Digby and Ninten are counted as newcomers). The Ken leak pic hasn't been proved fake yet so this lines up with this new leak. Also wanted to say like the Switch, Smash Ultimate looks like it's planned to have a long lifespan so even though Sakruai says not to expect much he's most likely going to exceed our expectations with Smash content. I mean this Smash is called Ultimate for a reason, he has so far proved this with the newcomers and returning veterans, 100+ stages, music, who knows what else is in stored for the game.

Again I know to keep expectations at a reasonable level but it wouldn't be unreasonable to believe the supposed leaks info to come true given how Sakurai has had a lot of planning, time and resources to develop Ultimate.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
You guys remember during Pre-Brawl days where Sonic was announced in October. I want Banjo news for October.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
You guys remember during Pre-Brawl days where Sonic was announced in October. I want Banjo news for October.
October 10th, 2007. I remember that morning so vividly. I used to wake up early before school every weekday to check out the Brawl news on the Dojo, and it was always new stages, techniques, etc. On occasion, a newcomer would be revealed or a veteran, nothing out of the ordinary. That day, though, Sonic the Hedgehog arrived! He graced the Dojo and got his own trailer and everything not long after Snake got his own page on the Dojo after having been strangely kept off the page for a while before his reveal. I would absolutely love to wake up one morning to the Smash site and see a 'WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING' out of the blue and it has just a video with a pair of silhouetted characters and the trailer is a full cinematic trailer welcoming Banjo & Kazooie to Smash at long last. That would be a dream come true.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I
October 10th, 2007. I remember that morning so vividly. I used to wake up early before school every weekday to check out the Brawl news on the Dojo, and it was always new stages, techniques, etc. On occasion, a newcomer would be revealed or a veteran, nothing out of the ordinary. That day, though, Sonic the Hedgehog arrived! He graced the Dojo and got his own trailer and everything not long after Snake got his own page on the Dojo after having been strangely kept off the page for a while before his reveal. I would absolutely love to wake up one morning to the Smash site and see a 'WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING' out of the blue and it has just a video with a pair of silhouetted characters and the trailer is a full cinematic trailer welcoming Banjo & Kazooie to Smash at long last. That would be a dream come true.
That would be awesome, But when it's time to unveil Banjo-Kazooie I want them to be revealed in a big way like the end of the final Smash direct before launch or at the Video Game Awards which is a day before Smash's release date, I want us to tease us with the Smash logo opening they use for every newcomer reveal and use the WARNING: Challenger Approaching !!!,Jiggy silhouette or a couple of strums of the Banjo something along the line of that, I want their hype to surpass all the other big reveals and show and prove everyone wrong that they were possible, I want jaws to drop and headlining game websites and Youtube videos. I will take them anyway be it base or DLC ,But I would absolutely love them be the final base character revealed and end the roster with a bang and once they are revealed in the giant poster at the end with all the other characters, I want it to show that saying one more time "Everyone is Here !!!"

Last edited:

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
If Steve were to get in as a playable character, do you think he would be considered a Microsoft rep or a Mojang rep? To my knowledge, Mojang still mantains some independence in handling the Minecraft IP even under Microsoft's management. Either way it would still have a positive influence on Banjo's chances.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Though I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo played it safe and went with a line up very similar to this for the N64 Classic.
FX chip games never came out on any version of VC. Not only did the SNES classic get SF1 & YI, but the never released SF2. That's hardly what I'd call playing it safe.

ShaunoftheRed

Smash Cadet
If Banjo is the last character to get in this game his splashcard subtitle thing could be COMPLETES THE PUZZLE

Top Bottom