• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If Banjo gets announce I see him being the last character announced on the base roster or the first DLC character. Though if we actually get Minecraft rep in Smash it makes the chances of Banjo more likely and that excites me

Verge mentioned Minecraft *content*, but don't know what it is. I certainly don't think it's a rep, a stage fits Minecraft better. And a Creeper assist trophy makes too much sense.

It would be awesome with Banjo & Kazooie being the final reveal, though given how likely Geno is, and how much fan demand there is (which seems to overpower B&K, though I think it would be reversed looking from the outside) I think Geno might be last. It also makes sense, since I could see Geno coming without a stage, like King K Rool. Whereas if Banjo & Kazooie are in, I'd expect a stage.

An alternative way to announce would be in conjunction with the rumored N64 mini coming out this year. Nintendo would be much more welcoming to promote a rival's exclusive IP if they could get Rare content on an N64 mini. But if it is coming out this year and isn't delayed, I would think an announcement could be shortly. Perhaps it would be revealed soon with half the games listed, Banjo & Kazooie announced in a Smash Direct a month later, and then it's revealed games like Diddy Kong Racing (in its original form) and Banjo-Kazooie are on the N64 mini. It's a pipe dream. But it makes so much damn sense.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Verge mentioned Minecraft *content*, but don't know what it is. I certainly don't think it's a rep, a stage fits Minecraft better. And a Creeper assist trophy makes too much sense.

It would be awesome with Banjo & Kazooie being the final reveal, though given how likely Geno is, and how much fan demand there is (which seems to overpower B&K, though I think it would be reversed looking from the outside) I think Geno might be last. It also makes sense, since I could see Geno coming without a stage, like King K Rool. Whereas if Banjo & Kazooie are in, I'd expect a stage.

An alternative way to announce would be in conjunction with the rumored N64 mini coming out this year. Nintendo would be much more welcoming to promote a rival's exclusive IP if they could get Rare content on an N64 mini. But if it is coming out this year and isn't delayed, I would think an announcement could be shortly. Perhaps it would be revealed soon with half the games listed, Banjo & Kazooie announced in a Smash Direct a month later, and then it's revealed games like Diddy Kong Racing (in its original form) and Banjo-Kazooie are on the N64 mini. It's a pipe dream. But it makes so much damn sense.
By rep I meant Minecraft representation like a stage or something. I hope they don't get a character but I would love a Minecraft stage. The N64 mini idea makes way too much sense and I hope that actually happens. For me personally and probably for most non in the know people a Geno announcement would not be that hype since to the general public Geno isn't very well known while at the very least Banjo is a Microsoft rep which could get people excited

JonSmash

Smash Ace
a N64 Mini HAS to have DKR,B-k,B-T & DK64 ! (I just hope we get MP1 or 3 I AM SICK OF 2!)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
At this point I'm starting to lose hope on an N64 mini this year... I feel like we would have seen it already... of course that doesn't rule out getting one shown to be released next spring. The same reveal could apply it's the mini itself won't come out until later. If Nintendo was releasing an N64 mini I expected it to show in September with a late October or mid November release date.. I don't know how confident I feel in that anymore... it's still possible but I don't feel as optimistic

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
1: I don't beleave box theory
2: I feel the website theory makes more sense
3: I hope we get banjo base game & Nintendo didn't just rush the game out early locking a few characters behind the switch online servise like they will be free but behind a online subscription B/C that would piss me off as I am currently have no plans to buy Nintendo online as it is a HUGE rip off even for 20$ a year when you cant even talk to friends with out a freakin phone app (I just had to down gread to an old phone) ! I want built in party chat ! this is a fear of mine RN
4: Incenroar would be lame very lame :/ not a fan

5: N64 Mini might happen next year since they just met demand of the Nes & Snes classic minis this year they might not wana flood the market & if I remember right they use the same parts a the switch to make so they might not wana short supply themselves this x-mass ???

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I really hope the leak in this video is true only time will tell.
Fingers crossed!

StormC

Smash Hero
a N64 Mini HAS to have DKR,B-k,B-T & DK64 ! (I just hope we get MP1 or 3 I AM SICK OF 2!)
It's basically guaranteed Mario Party 1 will never see the light of day again due to lawsuits. But I do hope we get 3, it's my favorite.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Just change MP1 spin stick mini games to press A insted like MP2 did (& why no MP3 VC yet ???)

I REFUSE TO BELEVE DIXIE WOULD BE AN A ASSIT TROPHY! that would kill her chanses for DLC ! she was a HIGH ballot character too easly top 7

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
3: I hope we get banjo base game & Nintendo didn't just rush the game out early locking a few characters behind the switch online servise like they will be free but behind a online subscription B/C that would piss me off as I am currently have no plans to buy Nintendo online as it is a HUGE rip off even for 20$ a year when you cant even talk to friends with out a freakin phone app (I just had to down gread to an old phone) ! I want built in party chat ! this is a fear of mine RN
You don't have to worry about that mate this game was clearly not rushed and they won't attach character to online. It'll just be the standard "buy it and it's yours" model

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
That leak video is super fake but don’t let it get you down. Banjo-Kazooie are getting in whether a fake leak calls it or not.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Wait, how is this leak credible? What have they gotten right?
Don't get me wrong I have not seen anything that "proves" this right. I just hope that it is true. It's purely hope/wishfull thinking. But one can dream right?

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the leak in this video is true only time will tell.
Fingers crossed!
I don't know if I want to believe this or not because on one hand Banjo and Bandanna Dee but on the other hand Rayman as an assist trophy bums me out a bit

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
So if Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Banjo Kazooie hopefully happens, what content are you hoping aside from the obvious:

-Banjo & Kazooie (Fighters)
-Mumbo (Assist Trophy)
-Grunty (Boss/Stage Hazard/Codec)
-Spiral Mountain (Stage)

Any remixes, regular trophies, masterpieces, etc you have in mind?

I personally want to see a Bottles trophy just cause.
Personally, for music, we all know Banjo-Kazooie has an awesome OST.
I think these are great songs to include in either original or remix version:
Spiral Mountain
Jolly Roger’s Lagoon
Patchy Boss Fight
Final Battle
Jinjo Village
Rusty Bucket Bay
Mad Monster Mansion
Freezeezy Peak
Treasure Trove Cove
Hail Fire Peaks

For Masterpieces, I don’t see a reason why there couldn’t be an N64 demo for an easy boss fight Tooie. The easiest probably would be best since there is likely a timer. Treasure Trove Cove for Banjo Kazooie.
Banjo-Kazooie: Treasure Trove Cove (5 Min)
Banjo-Tooie: Klungo 1 or Bad Mumbo (forgot his name)

Regular Trophies could be anything, and we could expect a really good load out if Banjo gets in considering playable characters get really good trophy representation.
Trophies:
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo (single)
Kazooie (single)
Gruntilda
Mumbo Jumbo
Jinjo (6 colors in one trophy)
Jiggy
Klungo
Chilli Billi & Chilly Willy
Spring Shoes
Canary Mary (she’s too much of a meme not include)
Bottles
Jamjars
Plenty more

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, so in the case that we get a Subspace Emissary stage/Smash Run-type mode in Ultimate, what Banjo-Kazooie enemies would fit best as an enemy in that mode?

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
They could take any genreic world enemy from Banjo Tooie, they all behave pretty much the same but all would work perfect for a Smash Run/story mode enemy.

However, if we want to get creative, the Rusty Bucket itself should be a stage in the story mode like Halberd was, and can have the monster pipes, evil life preservers, evil sailors, and the wall creatures as enemies rampant across the stage. Maybe its transporitng precious cargo/weapons for the villains to use to kill all the good guys or something.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
The Cowboys from Glitter Gulch Mine that jump from the ground and shout “Yeehaw!”

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Hey guys, so in the case that we get a Subspace Emissary stage/Smash Run-type mode in Ultimate, what Banjo-Kazooie enemies would fit best as an enemy in that mode?
Let me get the snowmen from Freezeezy Peak, and the Mutant Snippets from Clanker's Cavern. Maybe those eel things that burst out of the busted grates from Clanker's Cavern.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
They could take any genreic world enemy from Banjo Tooie, they all behave pretty much the same but all would work perfect for a Smash Run/story mode enemy.

However, if we want to get creative, the Rusty Bucket itself should be a stage in the story mode like Halberd was, and can have the monster pipes, evil life preservers, evil sailors, and the wall creatures as enemies rampant across the stage. Maybe its transporitng precious cargo/weapons for the villains to use to kill all the good guys or something.
Ooh, we never got to see Rusty Bucket Bay actually out on the ocean. The ship was in port in Banjo-Kazooie itself.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Ooh, we never got to see Rusty Bucket Bay actually out on the ocean. The ship was in port in Banjo-Kazooie itself.
Makes me sad there was never a Banjo-Threeie to make a continuation. I am dying for an original style Banjo game that just continues off of the first two games. Hopefully if Smash helps revive Banjo we can make Nuts and Bolts an alternate timeline and just continue from Tooie again. Correctly.
I guess we are in almost the same boat as Golden Sun fans in that respect.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'd hope they put Perfect Dark and Conker on as well if they get Microsoft support, just put a parental lock on those games.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
1: I don't beleave box theory
2: I feel the website theory makes more sense
4: Incenroar would be lame very lame :/ not a fan

5: N64 Mini might happen next year since they just met demand of the Nes & Snes classic minis this year they might not wana flood the market & if I remember right they use the same parts a the switch to make so they might not wana short supply themselves this x-mass ???
Yeah, there have been rumors circulating that it would happen this year, but it could also amount to nothing. I'm hopeful, though. Optimistically, if it's still being released this year, it could be announced very soon and be fuel for speculation. Pessimistically, it never existed.

My realistic expectations for a N64 Mini if Rare titles are includes: Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Donkey King 64, Star Fox 64, Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie. Even though I would like Banjo-Tooie, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 1 & 3, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Snap, Conker and Goldeneye. But going by the trends. Also I fully expect 1 or 2 of those to be replaced by a game I've never heard of. I would still buy this, despite not being interested in the classic systems, if it included Rare titles, particularly the two listed. If Rare titles aren't on it, I can stick with my Wii U (which should be an incentive to Nintendo to include Rare).

Enemies I think are likely would be Gruntlings (as they're generic to the overworld) from Banjo-Kazooie and Gruntydactyls from Tooie. Although I would also love Tee-Hee, Colliwobble, and Banjo-Kazooie Game Pak :laugh:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While I would like enemies from Banjo-Kazooie, the franchise doesn't really have a usual mainline lineup of baddies like (Mario) Koopa Troopas or (Donkey Kong) Kremlings, Theres Grunty's ogre grunts from her lair and in the Tooie overworld, But I think Banjo-Kazooie's identity as a baddie lineup is inanimate objects with googly eyes from each world, They are the most charming and funniest of the baddies, I always get a good laugh out of them.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The Cowboys from Glitter Gulch Mine that jump from the ground and shout “Yeehaw!”
I always get a chuckle when you kill them they would go "oooh !!!"

One of my favorite grunt sounds are those Weasel enemies in Witchyworld that go "eahh !!!" When they spot you.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I would say the basic isle' o hags enemies as well as various roaming enemies from the levels
But deff. the workers from grunty industries would be the best.
"Ayyyyahhheeeee!!!!!.......HWAAAUH!!!!"

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'd be down with the Minjos. You can never kill enough of those annoying guys.
And any enemy from Cloud Cuckooland would be pretty cool, especially Canary Mary those paper-thin guys who pop up in Central Cavern.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would say the basic isle' o hags enemies as well as various roaming enemies from the levels
But deff. the workers from grunty industries would be the best.
"Ayyyyahhheeeee!!!!!.......HWAAAUH!!!!"
I love how overdramatic that last yell is they make when you kill them, It makes it that much more funnier. I always like to kill them with a Grenade Egg or Breegull Bash which makes it worthy of that death scream.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think 'Banjo-Kazooie' is just fine, I highly doubt they need the clarification (Duck Hunt doesn't really need the Duo either).
Yes that character does. Duck Hunt isn't a name. It's like calling Marth "Fire Emblem". Before they added the "Duo" in english, I was all set to call them "Das Hunt", just to have a name that actually worked.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I can just point out that while Isaac and Geno are my most requested picks, Banjo and Kazooie is my #3 most wanted for this game. I think they just might make it. To have all 3 in the game as playable characters would be the dream for me. I would never ask sakurai for anything ever again.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I have said it before earlier in the year and I will say it again, I don't see the N64 Classic Edition coming out this year, Doesn't mean that it can I just don't see it happening (It's getting pretty late in the year for announcements too), The second Nintendo announced the return of the NES for late June, I imagined that it would probably push the N64 to 2019.

Reasons:

1. Oversaturation and Timing

With the SNES having been out since holiday of 2017, and Bringing back the NES after more than a year due to popular demand, Nintendo said they would double down on stock and sell them at the least until the end of 2018 and with both being out in the open market for a while, much easier to get this time around too the demand has died down for them, maybe during the holidays they will get a boost ,but I'm sure Nintendo will retire them at the end of the year or early 2019, They don't really have a reason to push the N64 and clutter the market with 3 options on the shelf when they can sell the remaining NES and SNES, Not to mention they have bigger fish to fry this holiday with their 2 heavy hitters this holiday season with Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Super Smash Bros Ultimate for Switch.

2. N64 Library and Rareware

While the NES and SNES had big library's with their 1st Party offerings and a lot of their usual Japanese 3rd Party developers releasing games on both consoles, The N64 lacked 3rd Party support and was heavily reliant on Nintendo's 1st Party and Rareware's 2nd Party carrying the load throughout this generation, While it is possible to release an N64 without any of Rareware's titles, The overabundance of Mario titles will be more apparent and the console will have a weaker and decimated lineup overall without them, I don't see all of Rare's games making it in the N64 Classic, But the ones that made an impact will make it on their if they can work a deal with Microsoft. I can definitely see Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie headling since they were Rare's biggest original IP during the N64 era, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64 is a given since Nintendo owns the rights, But thought I should mention it since it's another Rare game, Nintendo would like to stay away from Conkers Bad Fur Day as far as possible and Goldeneye 007 is a mess of licenses that they will probably not even bother so I can see Perfect Dark as a replacement ,But that depends if Nintendo wants to fill in the FPS void in the lineup ,But also keep the system no higher than a T rating since Perfect Dark is rated M so that game is a maybe.

1.Banjo-Kazooie
2.Banjo-Tooie
3.Diddy Kong Racing
4.Donkey Kong 64
5.Perfect Dark

3. Nintendo 64 Emulation and Hardware

Unlike the NES and SNES, N64 games (while certainly possible) are harder to emulate and they might still need time to work the stuff out, Nintendo rarely rereleases N64 titles, they did an ok job putting out some during the Wii era ,but barely did anything with them on the Wii U and while NES/SNES games aged better, are simpler and are easy to pick up and play, Some N64 3D games didn't aged as well and aren't as practical and lastly I would imagine the recreation of the N64 Controller would need some tweaks with the Control Stick maybe model it after the Gamecube stick or use better material to prevent grinding and wear and tear, Not to mention they would have to strategize pricing for the console,controllers and bundles which without a doubt will make the N64 their most expensive Classic Edition yet.

Announcement and Release Window

I can probably see Nintendo making an announcement ,But holding off until next year for release or announce it late Spring or Early Summer next year like the other 2 consoles and release it sometime in the Fall or Holiday season or who knows maybe they announce it this Fall or Winter for early next year during the slow months when games releases are far and fewer in between, But that's my take on the N64 Classic Edition and it's inevitable release.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
With the most recent leak that got further confirmation today, and is incredibly dire and heartwrenching, it still doesn't deconfirm Banjo. There's still a chance for him, but man, the idea of Sakurai picking Steve over Banjo would be a game killer.

Good luck guys, I really hope Banjo makes it in someway, somehow.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
With the most recent leak that got further confirmation today, and is incredibly dire and heartwrenching, it still doesn't deconfirm Banjo. There's still a chance for him, but man, the idea of Sakurai picking Steve over Banjo would be a game killer.

Good luck guys, I really hope Banjo makes it in someway, somehow.
What recent leak?

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom