• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
This is only tangently related to Banjo, but Japan Minecraft is getting an eShop card. Nintendo is still advertising Minecraft constantly, maybe they'd like to advertise it in Smash. Maybe then they'd like to use this opportunity to feature a certain bear and bird. Maybe

Nintendo did advertise Minecraft in the recent Nintendo Direct with Mario themed skins so there's still a chance I guess. I want to see how far Nintendo wants to grow their relationship with Microsoft.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
This is only tangently related to Banjo, but Japan Minecraft is getting an eShop card. Nintendo is still advertising Minecraft constantly, maybe they'd like to advertise it in Smash. Maybe then they'd like to use this opportunity to feature a certain bear and bird. Maybe

I find it funny that Nintendo are directly advertising what is essentially a third party game owned by another console developer. Microsoft did something similar when they were encouraging people to buy a Nintendo Wii over a PS3 around the Peter Moore era.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
if we get minecraft & no banjo I'll lose all respect for sakurai/rare/M$ (untill DLC maybeish) but the game is so good I'll get over it with time :p
If we get Minecraft and no Banjo, which is a likely scenario, it would most likely be that negotiations started later, and as such we may see a Minecraft assist, kind of like Shovel Knight. If that's the case, while I'd be disappointed B&K aren't in the base game, I'd be excited at their prospects for DLC as they are one of the big contenders, if not in the base game. However, everything lines up in 2015 where I think they have a better shot being in the base game than as DLC (still a lower chance than most, though). I wouldn't blame that on Sakurai, as that's just the timing being off.

However, I would feel the same way if Minecraft Steve was a playable character, like some people are suggesting. I would lose respect as that meant Sakurai/Nintendo had the opportunity to work with Microsoft on a playable character, and rather than going with the character that's more popular, being requested since Melee, has a much better moveset potential, a history with Nintendo, they went with Steve... for the lolz. I think this is a much less likely scenario, and not worth getting too worked up about it, though. :upsidedown:

I will remain a non believer of Vergeben until every character and content that he said is going to be in Ultimate comes true.
Well, so far he is still very sketchy. While he gets names his details are usually completely wrong or inaccurate. So I get not believing him right now but if Incenaroar or Minecraft do show up then he's probably legit.
Except he's been right on Smash. Every. time. We should be skeptical of all rumors, and I have been especially skeptical of Incineroar. But after Ridley was revealed, people said he can't be trusted unless Simon's revealed. Then Simon was revealed, and they said he shouldn't be trusted until Isabelle or Ken was revealed. Now Isabelle's been revealed, and it feels like moving the goal post. It's important to be skeptical, but that also means having a clear understanding of the evidence. Outside of Smash, he's apparently a mixed bag. But with Smash, he's been 100% right so far, and they were only claimed to be "safe picks" in retrospect, meaning they weren't safe pics at all. Though, to clarify, that doesn't mean he will be correct about everything--he still can be wrong, and should be taken with a grain of salt, like all rumors.

And I don't think it's fair to criticize him, as some people have, of not knowing everything, like K Rool. He neither claimed, nor should we ever assume, a leaker needs to know everything, particularly with a tightly sealed game like Smash where many people working on the game don't know anything beyond what they need to know to do their job. It's also worth noting, every character outside of Ken that he knew about was a unique character, even Isabelle where you'd assume she was an echo. Makes me worried we may not see any other unique newcomer, outside of Incineroar and an SE rep, though the fact he's doubling down on Minecraft content gives me some hope hope for B&K. All I know is, it's going to be a long, drawn out wait until the next Direct. :urg: Just my thoughts on Vergeben. Hopefully there are more surprises in store.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The only thing that would piss me off more than Steve getting in Smash over Banjo-Kazooie is Steve getting in Smash with a Banjo-Kazooie skin, I doubt Sakurai would be that vicious, But man imagine the backlash.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Steve getting in over Banjo is more then enough to achieve backlash.
Without a doubt, But it would piss people more off that they would tease us with a cheap Banjo-Kazooie skin, which would still require rights because it's portraying the characters and at that point everyone will be asking, If you had the rights why wouldn't Sakurai and team have went all the way with the actual duo?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Without a doubt, But it would piss people more off that they would tease us with a cheap Banjo-Kazooie skin, which would still require rights because it's portraying the characters and at that point everyone will be asking, If you had the rights why wouldn't Sakurai and team have went all the way with the actual duo?
Anyways I'm sure we will get Banjo over Steve anyways. Sakurai is well aware of how requested he is and making him DLC would without a doubt make lot of sales and money. Too big to let pass on Nintendo's and Microsoft's terms.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Vergeben has gotten exactly 4 things right. More returning characters, Ridley, Simon and Isabelle. In other words, a trend with the Smash 4 DLC, one of the most requested villains, and two mascots for popular series. Gematsu got more right, and with more off beat choices like WFT, and was dead wrong in the end.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergeben has gotten exactly 4 things right. More returning characters, Ridley, Simon and Isabelle. In other words, a trend with the Smash 4 DLC, one of the most requested villains, and two mascots for popular series. Gematsu got more right, and with more off beat choices like WFT, and was dead wrong in the end.
He only said Minecraft representation though. It didn't mean a character. It could mean a stage or assist trophy (Steve, Creeper or maybe both) or even both. This IMO would make a better deal for Nintendo and Microsoft. We get Banjo-Kazooie as a character but Minecraft as a stage.

After all there's a Paper Mario stage yet he's not a character in the game. So it could happen.

Unlike Smash 4 too. Ultimate is mostly about the ballot choices. Banjo-Kazooie made it up there being in the top 3 in both North America and Japan. I honestly don't think they're going to be in the Base Roster but rather DLC which would warrant lot of big sales.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
To me a stage and an assist Trophy sound about right for Minecraft representation in Smash... I don't hate the series... from its launch till about 5 year's ago I poured HOURS into the game. I just don't think it's a series that needs a playable character.... now if Steve got in alongside Banjo I have zero complaints, over Banjo? No. I'd be displeased....

I mean in many respects Minecraft is still viewed as an indie game, despite it's mass appeal and success.. and with Shovel Knights treatment I can't help but feel Minecraft will see a similar treatment.. enough to agknowledge it's place in gaming history but not to the degree of playable Steve. I had a discussion over on the newcomers speculation board with an obvious Steve advocate debating Banjo getting in over Steve... he kept saying Banjo makes sense for DLC Steve for the base roster. I feel that this is wrong.. Nintendo and MS would make more off Steve do to all the kids who know him wanting him and downloading him. Banjo much like K. Rool makes more sense in the Base Roster because at this point he's an older less recognizable character to younger gamers by comparison and it would stand to reason that why would make him a base roster addition. Now that's not saying I don't see Banjo as DLC because if he's not in that he base roster I think he's a top DLC candidate... however if we're talking him vs Steve, Steve makes more sense as DLC because casuals know who he is at first glance..

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I believe Banjo-Kazooie is gonna be in the base game, absolutely. I mean I'd go so far as to say they're the next reveal, though part of that is I just want them to be #69.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Not to mention there has to be something big tied to Minecraft content in Ultimate, because if there's no character involved then why wait this long to reveal it.. when they reveal it people will expect a MS character coming with it, most will expect Steve more than likely and what a nice surprise for Banjo and Kazooie to show up instead. I just can't see Sakurai choosing Steve over Banjo the clearly more popular candidate and I can't imagine MS being that blind to the fan demand considering both them and Rare have been asked about it since 2015 multiple times.. that when a meeting between the two happened MS slaps Steve on the table and won't give up Banjo a character they haven't even used for a decade... if anything while it may not mean anything for Banjo now, getting in Smash could cultivate interest in the IP and give it the exposure MS needs to bring the series back. They clearly have 0 issues handing out Rares old IPs to other devs as we've seen with Killer Instinct and the upcoming Battletoads game and modern Rare could care less about reviving any of their old IPs thus willing to hand them over.

At this point Banjo seems to me like a likely addition for the fact that MS really has next to no interest in using the license so it's a "why not" scenario on their end.. hand him over see the reaction and use it to discern whether they want to use the character further. Who knows we could even see Banjo as an ambassador character of sorts, maybe he could show up in other Nintendo titles as a guest.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
IDK the last direct started with a 3rd party to go in depth about what they added & ended with a 1st party

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey Banjo-Roos! So I did some research on what the possible Music Track number is currently in our known minds.
It was stated that Ultimate's stages has roughly or more than 800 music tracks. Lets assume all the stage music from Sm4sh never got cut (As well as the returning stages that were not in Sm4sh. Example Shadow Moses, etc)
My number got to about 690
Now I know, seems bad. However in Sakurai's Famitsu Column about music on Sept 2nd he stated that more music is on the way (At least it is hinted heavily)
So I have a feeling after the main franchises get a bit of remixing love, there could be some music for an additional franchise...So here is to hoping!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Anyways I'm sure we will get Banjo over Steve anyways. Sakurai is well aware of how requested he is and making him DLC would without a doubt make lot of sales and money. Too big to let pass on Nintendo's and Microsoft's terms.
Yeah, In all seriousness I really do think it would be Banjo-Kazooie as a playable character and minecraft as a trophy/ stage, I don't see steve as a threat to Banjo-Kazooie's roster chances and Super Smash Bros Ultimate is mostly about fan service and Sakurai knows how heavily requested and how a great fit they would be to be playable fighters, In the end I know he will do the right thing.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I
Except he's been right on Smash. Every. time.
Except that's not true. You see yes he did get the names correct of newcomers so far but when you actually read the info he's been leaking there are a few things he got wrong. Just starting the biggest thing he leaked was Simon however according to his source Simon was supposed to come with 2 Castlevania collections on the Switch and they were to be revealed at E3 which obviously didn't happen and that throws the validity of that info into question. Next, he said the latest reveal would be Incenaroar which didn't happen. Before that he claimed Isabelle was an echo so that clearly wasn't correct. Finally, (and take this with a bit of salt as I can't verify this as Verge has been covered by so many gaming sites I can no longer find the original posts on this so it's from my memory) Verge stated Snake wouldn't be at E3 and the ICs would be a major reveal both of which were wrong.
Looking at what he got right was Ridley at E3. Now personally I don't find that impressive as Sakurai gave the dragon tons of special attention and the problem he had with adding him was a problem he had with other characters who ended up joining him so I knew Ridley would join Smash eventually and with E3 being the biggest American event and that being where all his support is, it makes sense Sakurai showed him there. Plus ResetERA mods leaked him way before Verge did so even if you want to claim Ridley was shocking others had the info first. He also stated that no cuts would happen from the Wii U game. That is correct but it's not the full story either. All veterans returned and we can't say that maybe the other vets weren't planned yet as this was literally Sakurai's plan for the game at the start of development for this game, second even if somehow a source did get close enough to find out that the Wii U characters were back the source should at a bare minimum known PT would return as Charizard was literally attached to him and PT was even in the demo, and finally many people figured Ultimate would be a Splatoon 2 like sequel so figured no Wii U cuts was pretty likely so it's not like even getting that much wasn't hard to guess.
As it stands I don't see much reason to trust Verge; however, if one of three things happen I'll admit I was wrong:
1. Those Castlevania collections finally appear
2. The Minecraft stage happens
3. Incenaroar is playable.
Those three are the most radical things his sources have given and will prove beyond a doubt he's true but until then his info contains too many safe bets and faulty details for me to place faith in him.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Except that's not true. You see yes he did get the names correct of newcomers so far but when you actually read the info he's been leaking there are a few things he got wrong. Just starting the biggest thing he leaked was Simon however according to his source Simon was supposed to come with 2 Castlevania collections on the Switch and they were to be revealed at E3 which obviously didn't happen and that throws the validity of that info into question. Next, he said the latest reveal would be Incenaroar which didn't happen. Before that he claimed Isabelle was an echo so that clearly wasn't correct. Finally, (and take this with a bit of salt as I can't verify this as Verge has been covered by so many gaming sites I can no longer find the original posts on this so it's from my memory) Verge stated Snake wouldn't be at E3 and the ICs would be a major reveal both of which were wrong.
I can't verify the Castlevania games thing, though recently he did say that he didn't say they would be during the Smash direct or something / he doesn't know when they'll be revealed.

I don't remember him stating Ice Climbers would be a major reveal, nor Snake not being at E3, just that they were in the game?

He didn't say Incineroar would be the next reveal.

As for Isabelle, he did say she is an echo, however I don't think he was entirely sure about that as he is about Ken being an echo.

If he's wrong, though, works for me if the newest echo isn't between Palutena and Cloud; dumb boxes.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I'll take Eevee over Incinabore ! like can we get a NON fully evoled starter pokemon ? I think maybe we should get a UB or an Alola form with a kanto echo ! SMUSUM had those as huge new features & just adding incineroar would be boring & uncreative :/

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Looking at what he got right was Ridley at E3. Now personally I don't find that impressive as Sakurai gave the dragon tons of special attention and the problem he had with adding him was a problem he had with other characters who ended up joining him so I knew Ridley would join Smash eventually and with E3 being the biggest American event and that being where all his support is, it makes sense Sakurai showed him there. Plus ResetERA mods leaked him way before Verge did so even if you want to claim Ridley was shocking others had the info first. He also stated that no cuts would happen from the Wii U game. That is correct but it's not the full story either. All veterans returned and we can't say that maybe the other vets weren't planned yet as this was literally Sakurai's plan for the game at the start of development for this game, second even if somehow a source did get close enough to find out that the Wii U characters were back the source should at a bare minimum known PT would return as Charizard was literally attached to him and PT was even in the demo, and finally many people figured Ultimate would be a Splatoon 2 like sequel so figured no Wii U cuts was pretty likely so it's not like even getting that much wasn't hard to guess.
As it stands I don't see much reason to trust Verge; however, if one of three things happen I'll admit I was wrong:
1. Those Castlevania collections finally appear
2. The Minecraft stage happens
3. Incenaroar is playable.
Those three are the most radical things his sources have given and will prove beyond a doubt he's true but until then his info contains too many safe bets and faulty details for me to place faith in him.
- Castlevania collection: I worded it very carefully, saying *outside* of Smash it's been a mixed bag, but when it comes to *Smash specifically* he's been 100% right. To me, it doesn't matter if it was in the same post, those are two separate entities, ran by different companies, and he seems to know more about Bandai Namco stuff than Konami's. It could also be the case that it's been delayed, but my point was specifically in regards to Smash.
- Incineroar reveal/Snake not at E3: I followed Verg very closely, and don't recall any of those claims. Could be an example of me remembering the hits and ignoring the misses, but a skim on Google I couldn't find anything, and posts I looked up just mention Snake being in the game. Would be interested in seeing the source and adjusting my views accordingly.
- Isabelle: She's an echo. Just not named as such. Everybody, including me, when watching her character trailer thought she was an echo. I wouldn't be surprised if his source saw bits and pieces of Isabelle and thought she was an echo. Could also be entirely possible that she started as an echo, and was tweaked to be "unique", as that's exactly what it looks like. I can't see this being that huge of a dealbreaker. At best, it's worth half a point knocked off instead of a full point.
- Ridley: I feel like this is still retroactively making Ridley seeming far more of a lock than it actually was. He has been criticized of stealing from other leakers, but the fact many original claims by him turned out to be true makes it difficult to use that as a point against him. It's suspected by some, without any proof that he legitimately stole that information from other leakers. And unless I see something prominent suggesting he was taking from other leakers, it seems unfair to assume that.
- Not knowing everything: I mentioned that it's silly to criticize leakers for not knowing everything. Not knowing everyone was returning, probably much higher secret being kept, to the point Sakurai specifically pointed out that he wanted to make sure "Everyone is here" was not leaked. Also, while it's inconsequential, I've heard rumors that Ultimate *began* as a port for Smash 4, and then transitioned into Ultimate. That being said, it must have happened fairly early on if the design for the game was completed in 2015. Still, just because a leaker doesn't mention something, doesn't mean we throw out all credibility.

All that having been said, people are free to trust leakers or doubt them as much as they want. I feel like a lot of people gave Verge crap while letting Loz's BS slide, and it turns out Loz was the faker. Still, that doesn't mean to treat Verg's claims as gospel. To me, he's proven his credibility, and so I'm tempering my expectations with the information's he's given us, knowing that it may not all be true, even though with Smash, he's been correct on the information he has given (despite some debatable claims). I'm at least going to be paying attention to what he says.

Also, to bring this back to Banjo, I do, however, have to check my bias. As he says Minecraft content is in, that does imply a relationship with Microsoft, and a possibility of a character like Banjo & Kazooie coming along. I'm more than willing to look at counterfactual evidence and adjust things accordingly, and I still think, even if Minecraft is in, it's possible Banjo & Kazooie isn't. But I can dream...

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Sounds better then the box theory XD has more logic to it as its an actual theory using data to predict an outcome

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
- Castlevania collection: I worded it very carefully, saying *outside* of Smash it's been a mixed bag, but when it comes to *Smash specifically* he's been 100% right. To me, it doesn't matter if it was in the same post, those are two separate entities, ran by different companies, and he seems to know more about Bandai Namco stuff than Konami's. It could also be the case that it's been delayed, but my point was specifically in regards to Smash.
That's not how it works. According to his info that was the sole reason Simon was allowed to be in Smash so that Konami could profit off the promotion so they are not separate as that was what his inclusion hinged upon. Until those games appear I will not put stock into him getting Simon

- Incineroar reveal/Snake not at E3: I followed Verg very closely, and don't recall any of those claims. Could be an example of me remembering the hits and ignoring the misses, but a skim on Google I couldn't find anything, and posts I looked up just mention Snake being in the game. Would be interested in seeing the source and adjusting my views accordingly.
Again I did state for Snake that it was based on my memory as I can not find his post that I was looking for do to the massive amount of articles written on him investing my Google searches. I know he said it somewhere as I specifically remember talking about how lame ICs being a focal point of E3 would lame and a waste considering how easy they were and that was the same place he talked about Snake not being at E3. Maybe it's the Mandella Effect or another leak that was piggybacking off of Verge but somewhere I did see that.

- Isabelle: She's an echo. Just not named as such. Everybody, including me, when watching her character trailer thought she was an echo. I wouldn't be surprised if his source saw bits and pieces of Isabelle and thought she was an echo. Could also be entirely possible that she started as an echo, and was tweaked to be "unique", as that's exactly what it looks like. I can't see this being that huge of a dealbreaker. At best, it's worth half a point knocked off instead of a full point.
She's not an echo though. She's a semi-clone at worst. Also considering how far into development he is getting this info it is highly unlikely his source would have info that outdated on the character. This leads to 2 scenarios: the source doesn't have first-hand access in which case his source isn't trustworthy anyways or the source does have a way to access the game in which case he should know that Isabelle isn't an echo. There's no good excuse for a source to not know Isabelle was a unique character.

- Ridley: I feel like this is still retroactively making Ridley seeming far more of a lock than it actually was. He has been criticized of stealing from other leakers, but the fact many original claims by him turned out to be true makes it difficult to use that as a point against him. It's suspected by some, without any proof that he legitimately stole that information from other leakers. And unless I see something prominent suggesting he was taking from other leakers, it seems unfair to assume that.
It isn't retroactive if I have been saying before the stupid dragon was revealed. It really wasn't surprising but the character was so controversail that most overlooked key points in Sakurai's statements and just focusing on the fact "he said Ridley is too big". As for leak stealing I'm not saying Verge did that I saying others already had access to Ridley information that Ridley would be in and his source could have passed that off as his own or seeing others leaking it could have validated the source in Verge's eyes. Points for correctness but not much else.

- Not knowing everything: I mentioned that it's silly to criticize leakers for not knowing everything. Not knowing everyone was returning, probably much higher secret being kept, to the point Sakurai specifically pointed out that he wanted to make sure "Everyone is here" was not leaked. Also, while it's inconsequential, I've heard rumors that Ultimate *began* as a port for Smash 4, and then transitioned into Ultimate. That being said, it must have happened fairly early on if the design for the game was completed in 2015. Still, just because a leaker doesn't mention something, doesn't mean we throw out all credibility.
I do not even remotely care about things he missed most of the time. The fact he didn't know K Rool was coming or any of the echoes fine I don't care you can't always get access to everything. The problem comes with what the source did know specifically that all Wii U characters would be back. If the source actually verified this then the source at a bare minimum should have known Pokemon Trainer was back at the very least. The fact that the source didn't know that combined with the fact that "all Wii U characters would return by heavily reusing assets" was a very common thought process at the time doesn't give me any confidence the source is legit.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I JUST HAD A THOUGHT ! If Isabelle is not a villager echo but a newcommer maybe her brother digby will be HER ECHO ???

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Oh snap Banjo-Roos! I was drinking my morning coffee and then I saw: we reached 3.100 posts! Congratulations!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My guess is 4-5. Echoes possibly included in that number, to coincide with corocoros 5 additional stages. 1 stage possibly being for an existing franchise or just a random stage w/ no reps. Like Minecraft or in previous games; Miiverse, Hanenbow etc.

I don't think those are high expectations at all. My guess has always been 8-10 newcomers total, a low number in newcomer amounts in Smash games overall, and on par with Melees amount.
We're like 5 months since the game was announced and 3 months left til launch so we're over the halfway point (and we've only got 5 so far). Corocoro could be a misprint or typo so we shouldn't put 100% faith into it at this stage as it relied on old information, but it is slightly comforting. At best we could see 2 more unique newcomers reasonably. But as Ken is 3rd Party, even as an echo he will get quite a bit of attention.

If we've got more than Ken/Incineroar, I would imagine it's Geno who was maybe a late addition or will perhaps even be the Mewtwo of the game (unfinished and released as a promotional DLC character who is revealed before launch). I am hopeful, but I'm also resigning myself to the final roster just being Ken/Incineroar.

It's not like the game isn't already amazing.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's not anything new, as I among others made a similar observation after the August Direct. It's why in August I thought we could get four more newcomers and four more echoes. Isabelle's reveal kinda threw a wrench into things, but it still holds up, even if the unique newcomers I was predicting keep dwindling. Here was the calculation I made on Aug 25th:

I think we'll be getting 8-9, including echoes. My reasoning, the same as others, is that on the blog they've been showcasing an average of 3 characters per week. The characters shown on the blog are at 69 characters right now (Mii Fighters and Pokemon trainer count as one each, echoes count), with 26 weeks from E3 to release. By week 23, roughly 69 characters characters would be shown off, leaving room for around 9 characters, including echoes, that have yet to be announced to be shown off. Of course, take this with a grain of salt as they could change their pattern by showing off 6 characters in the last week, or only 1 for all we know. But it is a pattern worth noting. My prediction is 4 more unique newcomers and 4 more echoes.
So, the math as it currently stands is, 26 weeks from E3 to release, with an average of 3 characters per week, around 78 characters total, including echoes. So far 70 characters have been revealed for Ultimate, which leaves us with around 8 left. I think we could get 2 unique newcomers in October and 2 unique newcomers in November, with echoes spread where they're suited. I definitely don't think 4 more unique characters is as ridiculous as some people think, though as we're coming close to release, it gets trickier.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Gematsu was always sketchy.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Dang if MInecraft gets in before BK I will be salty af. Even if Minecraft does get into the game at all really, I have a very strong aversion towards that game.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Send my support in. I'd like a Microsoft rep, and Banjo is only second to my support to Master Chief (I really want Chief too).

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Vergeben also never mentioned Richter before and he had weeks to mention him before his reveal, but he could always use a convenient excuse like "my sources weren't specific but hey just wait until the very end to see that I'm right about everything else". I'm not hating on the guy but from I'm seeing is a text "leaker" gained clout from smash speculators on social media because he was right about some likely/known characters that people wanted from their wish lists. I want Banjo-Kazooie in Smash as much as anyone else, but if someone with text leak comes by with no visual evidence (gameplay, clear photos of the leak info) and claims that they're right then it's not foolish to question them.

That's pretty much how I feel about the whole Vergeben and the Smash prophets thing going on. It's almost October so I think it's just better to just relax and ignore everything and everyone related to Ultimate rumors, and just wait until some real news shows up.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo gets announce I see him being the last character announced on the base roster or the first DLC character. Though if we actually get Minecraft rep in Smash it makes the chances of Banjo more likely and that excites me

gebi

Cloud Prince
have not posted here before but i would love to see banjo in smash! add me to the supporters list if there is one please :)

Top Bottom