• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Ol' Boyo

Smash Rookie
Banjo Kazooie is a game name, not a character name. If the announcer says either of those, it should be the one with "and". Personally, though, I would much prefer it if Smash would drop the whole two name scheme entirely.
When you play as "Rosalina and Luma", you don't play as Luma. You play as a Rosalina who puppets it. You play as Rosalina. The puppet isn't the controlled character so they shouldn't be in the name.
We should get either "Banjo" (as in Diddy Kong Racing) or, at a push, "Kazooie Duo".
I'd be happy if they were just "Banjo" and I think people will probably call them that anyway. However, I don't think the fact that "Banjo-Kazooie" is a game name means that they can't have that as a name. After all we do have Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Bayonetta etc... and I dunno I guess it just rolls off the tongue better.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie is the name of the franchise and while it does roll off the tongue better, I would prefer if the Smash announcer called them Banjo and Kazooie as they are seperate characters working as a tag team.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Been lurking on these boards for a while. I thought I'd throw my first post in with the Banjo crew since he's the only character I REALLY care about at this stage. Banjo-Kazooie was the first video game I ever owned and I have wanted him in smash since 64! Would be so special for me and many others. Fingers crossed they finally bring the duo home.

A few things tho... I feel like saying "Banjo AND Kazooie" is really awkward. I would honestly rather just call them "Banjo-Kazooie"... what do you guys think?

Also, I really like the moveset proposed here. I see far too many without Talon Trot but got dam man! you are Talon Trotting for like half the game, they have to have that move even though I'm not exactly sure how it would be useful in smash.
Welcome! And thanks for the support. :) Banjo & Kazooie are really the only characters I care about at this point--they feel like the only one truly "missing", as they should have been in Melee had legal problems not gotten in the way. They have everything you want for a Smash character--the moves, the characters, the music. I also agree I want Talon Trot in some form.

I prefer Banjo & Kazooie when I'm being technical, Banjo when I'm being casual. "Banjo & Kazooie" implies 2, as in 2 characters, which they are separate entities. "Banjo-Kazooie" implies 1, as in 1 whole game. I'd want them listed using the technical version to be most accurate, but when casually writing I have no problem calling Banjo & Kazooie as just Banjo.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not believing theres a mere 2 more characters at all.
Temper your expectations then. Because even if there is more, it's not going to be a massive amount more. The box killed the chance of any echos aside from Ken from fighters 1-68. Maybe we'll get lucky with a couple more newcomers aside from Incineroar but you should absolutely at this point just assume that Ken/Incineroar are the final 2. Then if there's more, you'll be happy. If there's not, you'll not have got your hopes up

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Temper your expectations then. Because even if there is more, it's not going to be a massive amount more. The box killed the chance of any echos aside from Ken from fighters 1-68. Maybe we'll get lucky with a couple more newcomers aside from Incineroar but you should absolutely at this point just assume that Ken/Incineroar are the final 2. Then if there's more, you'll be happy. If there's not, you'll not have got your hopes up
If nothing else, I have a picture and gif ready to post, in the event of either outcome.

If the anti-boxists lose:

1056013.jpg

If the boxists lose:

tenor.gif

That being said, it would feel weird for me if Banjo & Kazooie was said on the CSS, so B-K is more natural, I think. Traditional, you could say.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'd be happy if they were just "Banjo" and I think people will probably call them that anyway. However, I don't think the fact that "Banjo-Kazooie" is a game name means that they can't have that as a name. After all we do have Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Bayonetta etc... and I dunno I guess it just rolls off the tongue better.
I would hate it if the Smash announcer just said Banjo, It would sound like if Kazooie wasn't important or just a sidekick, When the whole concept of the duo is that they are tag team, Banjo is the nice, heroic, muscle and weight of the duo, Kazooie is the snarky, loudmouth, swiss army knife of the team that play off of each other. We as fans only call Banjo-Kazooie Banjo because it's quicker and were too lazy to say the whole name and while Donkey Kong and Pac Man are the names of these characters and franchises, they are solo characters not a duo like Banjo and Kazooie that have seperate names.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The 20th anniversary of Smash is next year and Nintendo has done either DLC or rolling updates for literally every major game they've released for the Switch, there's no way in hell this game isn't getting DLC. That said, I really wouldn't worry about the box theory. As others have said, in the age of DLC, why delay a game? Even when the game comes out in December, trust me, they'll probably keep adding characters until 2020. I too also believe that Banjo will likely be the last character added.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm sure most of you have probably seen this as it came out back around Smash for Wii U in 2015, But the video series is called "Smashified" and the Youtuber takes popular characters that would fit into Smash and makes what a Smash render could look like for said character, The Banjo-Kazooie render is probably the most common one you've seen when they gets associated with Smash,

But anyways towards the end of the video at 11:19 you can get an idea what the characters name would sound like if the Smash announcer said them on the character select screen, That's how I want it to sound like.

"Banjo & Kazooie Smashified"
https://youtu.be/mAxFZj8DDec

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
My guess is 4-5. Echoes possibly included in that number, to coincide with corocoros 5 additional stages. 1 stage possibly being for an existing franchise or just a random stage w/ no reps. Like Minecraft or in previous games; Miiverse, Hanenbow etc.

I don't think those are high expectations at all. My guess has always been 8-10 newcomers total, a low number in newcomer amounts in Smash games overall, and on par with Melees amount.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While I do like Talon Trot, Wouldn't that make for wonky animations and transitions for attacks if Kazooie is facing forward while running? For example their dash attack is their roll which Banjo performs facing forward ,But he's laying on Kazooie's back facing backwards ? Just saying...

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
While I do like Talon Trot, Wouldn't that make for wonky animations and transitions for attacks if Kazooie is facing forward while running? For example their dash attack is their roll which Banjo performs facing forward ,But he's laying on Kazooie's back facing backwards ? Just saying...
Maybe forward roll should be forward Tilt and some sort of Rat a tat tat should be the dash attack. (Because that’s the only attack usable out of talon trot).

Or some new attack that makes sense being done out of Talon Trot.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
"Banjo-Kazooie" is the team-up name, the two characters in one, working as a single unit name, that's why I use it too. "Banjo & Kazooie" just sounds awkward to me, it actually reminds of when the game was first announced and what everybody called it because they didn't understand the concept, and I hope they don't use it... But yeah, the two names put together is how I see them as a character, together. So I think it's far more fitting if they use "Banjo-Kazooie". If it were "Banjo & Kazooie" I'd feel like it'd need to be Banjo with Kazooie outside of his backpack, moving independently, and that wouldn't be right.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
stop with the box already sakurai said at E3 there bing VERY carfull with images related to smash ultimate & are updating as they go so there are less to no leaks just like the everyone is here poster with not only keeps adding characters but moves them around as well ! so we can't speculate about "gaps or spaces where someone could fit in" what makes you think the box would be any diffrent ??? do you think sakurai would want people to think only an echo & one newcomer are left ??? WELL YES HE WOULD ! so he can pull a fast one on you ! every smash revile has had more & more characters (Isabelle is the only exeption as she was in a normal direct to promote animal crossing 2019) we have 5 newcomers & i can see up to 5 more newcomers at max with some echos PLUS we have about 108 stages ! one witch has to be monster hunter ! (with we could get a character) & the minecraft stage rumor with would almost garentee banjo IMO NO WAY ! sakurai would go "OH banjo who was at least #3 or 4 on the polls Hmmm let me contact M$ & ask for just a minecraft stage instead YOLO-LOL"

on the naming thing nana & popo are just ice climbers ! & duck hunt dog & duck hunt duck & hunter are just called duck hunt basicly there game names so with banjo & kazooie it would be with or without the name who knows ?

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Banjo is the only character I really want anymore. Before the game launched it was King K Rool and Banjo with Banjo being the front runner now I just need him in this game in some way

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Honestly Banjo is the only character I really want anymore. Before the game launched it was King K Rool and Banjo with Banjo being the front runner now I just need him in this game in some way
You my friend have good taste, While Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted character overall, King K.Rool was a close 2nd, Not only because I wanted him in Smash ,But I also wanted him to reclaim his spot as Donkey Kong's main antagonist and now that it's a reality, I'm putting all my focus and energy to make sure the Bear and Bird make the roster.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
You my friend have good taste, While Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted character overall, King K.Rool was a close 2nd, Not only because I wanted him in Smash ,But I also wanted him to reclaim his spot as Donkey Kong's main antagonist and now that it's a reality, I'm putting all my focus and energy to make sure the Bear and Bird make the roster.
That's almost exactly why I wanted K. Rool in Smash just for DK to get his villain back

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I think 'Banjo-Kazooie' is just fine, I highly doubt they need the clarification (Duck Hunt doesn't really need the Duo either). And there would be always their trophy differentiating them anyway.

I feel Banjo-Kazooie is more like their tag team name much like Ice Climbers, and not Nana & Popo.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I like how we are making a big deal about their name, myself included for their character select screen and what the Smash announcer would call them, But I would accept either Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo & Kazooie, But just a tad more on the latter.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
That's almost exactly why I wanted K. Rool in Smash just for DK to get his villain back
I absolutely loved Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and with Smash Bros solidifying King K. Rool's return, I want a 3rd Donkey Kong Country game to close out the modern trilogy with the return of K.Rool and the Kremling Krew and after that maybe sometime down the line a 3D Donkey Kong game.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I absolutely loved Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and with Smash Bros solidifying King K. Rool's return, I want a 3rd Donkey Kong Country game to close out the modern trilogy with the return of K.Rool and the Kremling Krew and after that maybe sometime down the line a 3D Donkey Kong game.
That'd be cool. Given that it takes forever and a day for Retro to put out a new game, it might be wise to seek out another developer that can make good DK games, but in a more timely manner.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Simply “Banjo-Kazooie” is fine, saying “Banjo and Kazooie” would be too much of a mouthful and pretty awkward sounding.

I’m glad not the only one who thinks the Talon Trot should their dash animation, it makes too much sense.

Food for thought, I wonder if Sakurai even played their games before in regards to moveset research, I know he always shows respect to the characters and makes them as faithful as possible but I’m not really sure.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the fact we have rosalina AND luma I say we will get banjo AND kazooie just like saga all star racing did

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
We also have Duck Hunt though, who despite being a duo (or trio depending on your perspective) is just called "Duck Hunt" in America. I think "Banjo-Kazooie" rolls better off the tongue, and speaks more to their status as a united character.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Is it weird that the only reason I want Banjo & Kazooie in the base roster is because I want to see them in glorious HD CGI?

Cause otherwise, I’m fine with them as DLC.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I want them in base game so YEARS from now can just re buy the game cart & they will be there otherwise they will be lost to time if my switch breaks :/ & i play every smash game freqently smash wiiu/3ds dlc is in the same boat years from now :/

Banjo needs to be in ultimate base game to be ultimate !

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace

So looks like the box theory is finally dead, i'll be the first to say I'm glad I was wrong.
EDIT: oh wait... I misunderstood something, it's not dead yet.... well still, here's some light humor about it.

Last edited:

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
I didn’t survive this hurricane to not have Banjo show up in Ultimate. It’s time to bring them home!

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So if Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Banjo Kazooie hopefully happens, what content are you hoping aside from the obvious:

-Banjo & Kazooie (Fighters)
-Mumbo (Assist Trophy)
-Grunty (Boss/Stage Hazard/Codec)
-Spiral Mountain (Stage)

Any remixes, regular trophies, masterpieces, etc you have in mind?

I personally want to see a Bottles trophy just cause.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gruntilda Rhyming Codec would be such a treat.

I'd also like her to be a stage hazard quizzing you like getting it right she'll attack players but otherwise getting wrong attacks you instead.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I guess it's not specific to Banjo and Kazooie, but I want to see Grant Kirkhope do a few remixes from various series in addition to BK, it almost seems like an oversight that he hasn't been involved in the music of Smash Bros yet.

Gruntilda codec and a Grunty's Furnace Fun quiz is an absolute must, but if Banjo is not in the base game, i'm not going to hold my breath for it.

I definitely want some sort of acknowledgement of Diddy Kong Racing, be it a trophy, music, Banjo and Diddy having a moment in story mode, or even Banjo and Diddy standing next to each other on the Mario Kart stage for Banjo's Classic Mode clear congradulations screen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess it's not specific to Banjo and Kazooie, but I want to see Grant Kirkhope do a few remixes from various series in addition to BK, it almost seems like an oversight that he hasn't been involved in the music of Smash Bros yet.

Gruntilda codec and a Grunty's Furnace Fun quiz is an absolute must, but if Banjo is not in the base game, i'm not going to hold my breath for it.

I definitely want some sort of acknowledgement of Diddy Kong Racing, be it a trophy, music, Banjo and Diddy having a moment in story mode, or even Banjo and Diddy standing next to each other on the Mario Kart stage for Banjo's Classic Mode clear congradulations screen.
If Kirkhope got to do DKC songs not related to 64, that would be interesting, to say the least.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So if Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Banjo Kazooie hopefully happens, what content are you hoping aside from the obvious:

-Banjo & Kazooie (Fighters)
-Mumbo (Assist Trophy)
-Grunty (Boss/Stage Hazard/Codec)
-Spiral Mountain (Stage)

Any remixes, regular trophies, masterpieces, etc you have in mind?

I personally want to see a Bottles trophy just cause.
I'd love to be able to collect trophies of Gruntilda, Mumbo Jumbo, Bottles, Tooty, Klungo, Humba Wumba, Jamjars, the Jinjos, King Jingaling, and any of the bosses from either game!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

So looks like the box theory is finally dead, i'll be the first to say I'm glad I was wrong.
EDIT: oh wait... I misunderstood something, it's not dead yet.... well still, here's some light humor about it.
The box theory was dead--out of the box. The fact it's a placeholder means we can't take anything it implies too seriously--which is why it's weird how so many take it as if it were fact. There's lowering expectations, which I'm doing, and then there's being hopeless. Cautiously optimistic is how I approach these things.

As much as I would love Grant Kirkhope to be a part of it--I believe it was David Wise who said he hasn't been contacted, and he thinks Nintendo's composers are more than experienced enough to do these compositions justice. And if Grant Kirkhope had any idea of Banjo & Kazooie being in, he would be a lot less pessimistic of the prospects than he is (that's not a bad thing either!). I do hope we can hear Kirkhope's compositions in Smash alongside Wise's.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if we get minecraft & no banjo I'll lose all respect for sakurai/rare/M$ (untill DLC maybeish) but the game is so good I'll get over it with time :p

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I will remain a non believer of Vergeben until every character and content that he said is going to be in Ultimate comes true.
Well, so far he is still very sketchy. While he gets names his details are usually completely wrong or inaccurate. So I get not believing him right now but if Incenaroar or Minecraft do show up then he's probably legit.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
What made you think it was dead?
I just misunderstood a post in the general discussion thread about the box theory. Someone posted a twitter post of something that turned out to me unrelated.
In any case I don't want to actually discuss the box theory further until there's a new development. It's making everybody hostile.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
This is only tangently related to Banjo, but Japan Minecraft is getting an eShop card. Nintendo is still advertising Minecraft constantly, maybe they'd like to advertise it in Smash. Maybe then they'd like to use this opportunity to feature a certain bear and bird. Maybe

Top Bottom