• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Will this be their first Nintendo appearance since GR if they're in? That's kinda a big deal. As far as Microsoft newcomers go, they only really have Steve to compete with. But since I can see Steve being an assist trophy I like their chances.
Technically Banjo-Pilot (2005)
Grunty's Revenge was (2003) both were GBA and post buyout though since Microsoft acquired Rare in 2002.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
oof. Never had the pleasure of playing Banjo Pilot. Only thing I rocked on GBA was that DKC1 port. Ooh baby.
My GBC/GBA were practically Pokemon game machines with the occasional Super Mario World and DKC, But Banjo-Pilot actually started out as Diddy Kong Pilot a game to compliment Donkey Kong Racing on the Gamecube ,But once Microsoft bought out Rare, Rare lost the Donkey Kong license and unfortunately DKR got cancelled while DKP got reworked into Banjo Pilot, It's a shame because DKP was going to have DKC characters crossover with Mario characters for the 1st time and who knows maybe even a Banjo-Kazooie cameo, but unfortuately we will never know.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Technically Minecraft on Switch since banjo is in that game & rare said banjo being in minecraft is canon HECK its B/C of minecraft that banjo being in smash is even a possible thought since its the game SO BIG that it had M$ & Nintendo to start nigotiations & probably lead to M$ & Nintendo working togeter so well now

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Technically Minecraft on Switch since banjo is in that game & rare said banjo being in minecraft is canon HECK its B/C of minecraft that banjo being in smash is even a possible thought since its the game SO BIG that it had M$ & Nintendo to start nigotiations & probably lead to M$ & Nintendo working togeter so well now
While I will say that Banjo-Kazooie being in Minecraft on Switch is huge and can be used as leverage that it is possible that they can be in Smash, I wouldn't consider a lifeless, souless hunk of blocks with Banjo skin/paint job to be canon to the story arc of Banjo-Kazooie or the actual characters themeselves, their just a spinoff/cameo appearence, But I would imagine that it would still require the license/rights since it's portraying the characters.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Let us summon Banjo into smash with our Mumbo summoning powers.

Eekom Buukom Eekom Buukom Buubidy Boo Buubidy Boo, Eekom Buukom Eekom Buukom Eekom Buukom Eek Yo Hah, Eekom Buukom Eekom Buukom Buubidy Boo Buubidy Boo, Eekom Buukom Eekom Buukom Eekom Buukom Buubidybah!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
At least as Banjo fans, we're not in the Geno boat where it's base game or nothing.

I'm very surprised that it seems like Geno may not be playable, but I'm very content with the final product. If Minecraft is accurate then Banjo is a very, very reasonable character for DLC. He could even be shown as the first DLC character (like Mewtwo) before the game's even released.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Don't take this the wrong way, but what exactly does this have to do with Banjo-Kazooie?

Unless you mean this credits the leaker who's been getting everything right so far then ok I get it and while I believe both of those characters are very possible newcomers, that leak doesn't make any sense, Why would someone from Street Fighter echo a Pokemon ? So far all echo fighters shadow another fighter from the very same franchise, if Incineroar is indeed the Gen 7 Pokemon rep he will very likely get his own original moveset and Ken would echo Ryu who is from the same franchise and nearly identical to him, It's like when people piss me off and say Banjo-Kazooie would be a Duck Hunt echo fighter just because their both fur pawed mammals with a bird, first of all they would play practically nothing like each other and two why would they echo each other when they are from 2 different franchises ? While I think Incineroar and Ken have a good shot, I call BS on the whole echo thing.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah i feel if geno made it in he would get a stage based off a level in SMRPG & with a 103 stages it don't look good for him just like banjo (but i don't beleve in that theory obveusly sakurai isn't going to show the stages of unannounced characters)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
yeah i feel if geno made it in he would get a stage based off a level in SMRPG & with a 103 stages it don't look good for him just like banjo (but i don't beleve in that theory obveusly sakurai isn't going to show the stages of unannounced characters)
I dunno. The 103 Stage Cap would be a much bigger hindrance to Banjo's chances. While I would love a SMRPG stage, Geno's series is technically well represented as it is stage wise.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
The stage cap certainly hinders Banjo-Kazooie, but only if they're base game. If they're DLC, it wouldn't be a problem at all... But c'mon, nobody wants them DLC, we want to see them get a big beautiful CGI trailer before the game is released, the biggest hype possible! Still, I'll take what I can get.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is so caught up that the stages are limited. Have we forgotten that ultimate is not just gonna meet expectations but to break them?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Good to see Banjo-Kazooie technically ranked at the number 2 spot considering number 3 isn't going to happen and number 1 is already an assist trophy.

"Watchmojo's Top 10 Fan Requested Characters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate"

https://youtu.be/Ri-nYIS69WY

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Just saw this image pop up whether it's real or not I don't know. Apparently its the stage count for the game and if that is true then Banjo and the other requested characters still have chance.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
https://i.imgtc.com/ZfNDoDf.jpg (another link incase the above doesn't load for yall)

Really nice to finally know when they announce Banjo-Kazooie they'll have their own stage. I mean, of course they are, but that first direct made the count sound final, you know?

What stage do yall want to see? I'd like to see Freezeezy Peak because I love all its Xmas spirit.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The most obvious probably is Spiral Mountain with Gruntilda as a stage hazard making rhymes and maybe even quizing you like if you get it right she'll attack other players but otherwise get it wrong attack you instead.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Spiral Mountain is a pretty obvious choice, the only other stage I could think of is the top of Gruntilda's Tower

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think mostly everyone agrees that Spiral Mountain should be the stage, 2nd possible choice would be top of Grunty's Tower or her lair, But it has to be a stage that revolves around the home world, series and represent the franchise as a whole and the most obvious and logical choice would be Spiral Mountain.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
THERES STILL HOPE

I dunno about existing franchise stages but this bodes very well for new IPs and 3rd Parties so Isaac and Banjo may still have a chance to get in base!

I highly doubt Geno will get his own stage, it’d be a waste for one obscure character of an existing franchise when there’s plenty of Mario stages already, a remix is good enough.

Please let Spiral Mountain be one of those five....

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
This is very good news if true! One of the biggest strikes against Banjo & Kazooie as a playable character in the base game was if the 103 stage count was final (because I feel like every third party character should come with a stage). Of course, it's good to be cautious--always possible it was a misprint.

My speculation for what the stages are, if true:
104. Sun and Moon stage (if Incineroar is playable)
105. Golden Sun stage (if Isaac is playable)
106. Banjo-Kazooie stage (if Banjo & Kazooie are playable, probably the top of Grunty's Tower with Gruntilda as a stage boss)
107. Monster Hunter stage (makes sense, if Dracula's Castle has a solo version and multiplayer version--probably no MH character)
108. Minecraft stage (with a Creeper assist trophy, as Ratholos was a third party assist with a stage, lines up with Verge)

My reasoning is that the remaining stages would be new (no returning stages), based on new series (with the exception of Pokemon, because it's Pokemon), and new series third party assists would get their own stage. Geno, Skull Kid, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie (if unique), Shadow (if unique) could all come with no new stages, though Geno also could since he's technically third party (he's in a weird nebulus area, being a third party Mario character). Only thing I see being in the mix is if the rumored Bandai Namco character is true, in which case we may get a Tales of Symphonia stage (I don't think Heihachi would be a base game character). As much as I would love Dante, the creator said a clear no, and I don't think Capcom would have three characters, with the rest at 2.

It would be nice to have Pac-Maze back, a new Sonic stage from SA2, a new Pokefloats with Pokemon from every generation. But, I would be completely satisfied if this was the final stage list, consistent with Verge's claims. I still think 15 new stages is more reasonable for a new game, but 9 new stages is much better than only 4 new stages. Still remaining skeptical, but optimistic.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Worst news: Corocoro regrets to inform a typo in the latest issue claiming 108 stages in Super Smash Brothers Special. We meant to say 103.

It is a real image but I honestly wonder how corocoro would have the final stage total. I hope it's true though

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Just saw this image pop up whether it's real or not I don't know. Apparently its the stage count for the game and if that is true then Banjo and the other requested characters still have chance.
Is it just me or does the pic. of a stage right next to mario stage looks like the hap part of the outside of guntilda's lair

Of course it would be the lair during the night or dark like it is when you fight Grunty but does anyone else see this? It might just be a diff. stage but I want to believe!
Edit: Lol whoops my bad lel i'm blind didnt see that it was just part of the other stage. :( lol being a banjo fan has made me go crazy.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I still think the box theory is true and even if this corocoro leak is true, it doesn't disprove it.

That being said, one the topic of stages, I actually don't want Spiral Mountain. It's the most plain choice. And you don't even spend that much time there.
No, my most wanted stage is Grunty's Furnace Fun The big bad witch herself can be in the background asking quiz questions. The answers can physically manifest as platforms, and if you're not on them when the timer goes off, you take damage, or maybe you just fail to get a bonus, kinda like the Wario Ware stage. And that'd be a good way to have Grunty be the new codec/palutena's guidence.

Backup ideas is Click Clock woods or Bubblegloop Swamp. The giant Mr. Vile house is such a striking image to have in the background.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I want Grunty's Lair, whether it's the head at Spiral Mountain or a traveling stage that encompasses all of Banjo Kazooie.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Spiral Mountain would be boring! give me a traveling grunty's layer stage ! you spend most of your time there anyway
stop saying only 103 stages sakurai never said there are only 103 stages he was just showing off how we are passed 100
Box art theory is dumb I see WAY to many youtube videos on say only 2 characters left being Ken & Ininaroar like they KNOW who it is

sakurai broke so many "rules" fans make up for this game when are you guna get it? there ARE no RULES 103 stages don't mean a thing

ALSO at the end of banjo kazooie, banjo & kazooie are whereing sunglasses ! that can be a smash Alt ! Cool banjo & Cool kazooie !

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Spiral Mountain would be boring! give me a traveling grunty's layer stage ! you spend most of your time there anyway
stop saying only 103 stages sakurai never said there are only 103 stages he was just showing off how we are passed 100
Box art theory is dumb I see WAY to many youtube videos on say only 2 characters left being Ken & Ininaroar like they KNOW who it is

sakurai broke so many "rules" fans make up for this game when are you guna get it? there ARE no RULES 103 stages don't mean a thing
Best case scenario it's Spiral Mountain while picking off and going to some of the other levels, ending at Grunty's top tower and starting over again at Spiral Mountain a traveling stage in Grunty's lair would probably be boring because the stage would be traveling a giant cave with level entrances, not the actual levels themselves.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I still think the box theory is more likely than corocoro knowing that there's 5 more stages while famitsu still says 103.

That being said, one the topic of stages, I actually don't want Spiral Mountain. It's the most plain choice. And you don't even spend that much time there.
No, my most wanted stage is Grunty's Furnace Fun The big bad witch herself can be in the background asking quiz questions. The answers can physically manifest as platforms, and if you're not on them when the timer goes off, you take damage, or maybe you just fail to get a bonus, kinda like the Wario Ware stage. And that'd be a good way to have Grunty be the new codec/palutena's guidence.

Backup ideas is Click Clock woods or Bubblegloop Swamp. The giant Mr. Vile house is such a striking image to have in the background.
I never gave box theory any credence, because why would there be a pattern of 9 characters when each row has only 6 slots, causing a discontinuity in the middle of each row. Reeks of placeholder art, not to mention the negative space will obviously be filled up. It coincidentally matches with Verge, but it's fairly easy to see patterns that aren't actually there. Whereas with CoroCoro--sometimes magazines accidentally leak stuff, sometimes they misprint. And, of course, the two can both equally be true (depending on what version of box theory you ascribe to). I've it was reasonable to expect around 108 stages total, even though the August Direct gave me pause thinking over it more. Four new stages just seems too small for a new game, when we're used to around 30.

I actually like the image of Mr. Vile in the background--it is striking, and was every time I played that stage. While I like your idea of Grunty's Furnace Fun as being really creative, I feel like Sakurai would prefer something more simpler (if less creative). Top of Grunty's Tower, where she pops in, throws fireballs, and says stupid rhymes about the characters. I actually prefer Spiral Mountain for the nostalgia, as I went through that area a lot more (I restarted the game more than I actually completed it). However, it seems weird geometrically to have the waterfall in the background, where Grunty's face would be a more iconic image (assuming you're fighting on the bridge). If fighting at the top of Spiral Mountain, it seems too small and not much happening. The best idea I've heard for Spiral Mountain was fighting on the bridge, where Grunty's Lair would be on the far right, and Grunty would pop out of the lair's mouth every now and then. Seems like a good compromise, though the top of Grunty's Tower fits more thematically with Gruntilda as a stage boss.

My preference would be Freezeezy Peak, so that my favorite song would fit and you could get very creative where it would be placed on the Snowman. Click Clock Woods would be good, if every time you play it's a difference season (Like Mario Kart's Animal Crossing stage).

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Been a fan of Banjo-Kazooie since I first rented Tooie (didn't have access to B-K at all till quite a lot later). The iconic text speech and the platforming/collecting is a true delight and never gets old for me. I have to admit I had doubts about the duo being in Smash for quite a while, mostly during Smash 4 but now with all these events happening the past year in and out of Smash and with Rare/Msoft being so open my hopes for Banjo-Kazooie have sky rocketed and I would like to lend my support for them!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I'd like a mad monster mansion stage, but feel like mumbo's mountain might happen ?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
A traveling stage would probably be too much work and I don't see them putting that much effort for Banjo-Kazooie outside the characters themselves, My idea is Spiral Mountain stage fighting on the bridge then after a while so it doesn't get plain and boring, it picks up and the stage takes us to the top of Grunty's Tower where the Final Boss fight takes place and Grunty is the stage hazard/boss, How about the main track plays the Spiral Mountain theme then tranistions into the Final Boss theme (Kind of like Gangplank Galleon from DKC) when the stage moves to the top of the tower and then after a while it resets back to Spiral Mountain again.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
DID YOU SEE THE WORK THEY PUT INTO CASTELVANIA ??? Banjo would get the same treatment if he is in base game

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
DID YOU SEE THE WORK THEY PUT INTO CASTELVANIA ??? Banjo would get the same treatment if he is in base game
I doubt Banjo-Kazooie would get that big of a treatment, Likely one stage and a few to several tracks, just look at Sonic, Snake and Megaman, their bigger icons and even they don't have it that good. Not to mention Sakurai said a most of his staff are big Castlevania fans, that's why they went all out.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Castlevania has like 50 games and is a more popular series so it makes sense it got as much content as it did. Banjo has 3 console games so it would probably have maybe 10 songs and 1 stage that doesn't have 6 million bosses and travels to every world, which I would still be perfectly happy with. I don't need 34 music tracks and to see a traveling stage with literally every world rendered in HD. I just want the characters in, that's already more than enough fan service as it is.

Mario Odyssey, a game Sakurai has access to the assets for, didn't even get a stage that traveled multiple worlds. Just New Donk City, Banjo I doubt would get much better than that.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yeah Castlevania has like 50 games and is a more popular series so it makes sense it got as much content as it did. Banjo has 3 console games so it would probably have maybe 10 songs and 1 stage that doesn't have 6 million bosses and travels to every world, which I would still be perfectly happy with. I don't need 34 music tracks and to see a traveling stage with literally every world rendered in HD. I just want the characters in, that's already more than enough fan service as it is.

Mario Odyssey, a game Sakurai has access to the assets for, didn't even get a stage that traveled multiple worlds. Just New Donk City, Banjo I doubt would get much better than that.
This guy gets it, Hell we should consider ourselves lucky that they are even a possibility despite their legal situation, I would be happy with just Banjo and Kazooie making the roster and even though it's a given that all franchises get at least one stage, A Banjo-Kazooie stage would be more frosting on the cake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom