• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Maybe we’ll also get a Banjo Kazooie and Tooie HD remake for Switch and xBoxOne

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Maybe we’ll also get a Banjo Kazooie and Tooie HD remake for Switch and xBoxOne
I really wasn't thinking of that a lot when this new game was announced but mannnnnn if they put Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie on the Switch along with having them in Smash I'd be so freaking happy for the rest of my LIFE!!!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think a great combo would be:

Banjo-Kazooie as playable
Mumbo Jumbo as an assist trophy
Gruntilda as a stage boss

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
You know I am actually kind of hopeful for Banjo's chances. Sakurai loves to suprise people and make the impossible possible. and I think Banjo would be the perfect pick for that kind of out of left field "You underestimate my power!" kind of play.
Yep, this, very much this! Gives me so much hope since it's something Sakurai would definitely do!

Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted newcomer in this game, and it seems scarily possible at this point, what with Microsoft and Nintendo being so buddy-buddy lately. And of course, everything about B-K fits Smash Bros. like a glove, their moves, their music, their look, their series icon and victory tunes, just everything about them, they're perfect for Smash Bros.

But what would make Banjo-Kazooie so meaningful is that they would represent the reunion of Nintendo and Rare, which, man... would bring me to tears. As most know, Rare was pretty much the Pixar to Nintendo's Disney back in the day, they were inseparable in the 90s, so much in fact, that it wouldn't be surprising to see Rare make more headlines than Nintendo in Nintendo's very own Nintendo Power magazine. They were a beloved duo, and they were at the height of their popularity when Nintendo guided Rare to make their own personal mascot franchise, Banjo-Kazooie.

And when Nintendo and Rare split in the 2002 buyout, it was heartbreaking... For me, and I'm sure for other gamers from that time that grew up adoring Rare and their excellent games. Sure, one could look at the DK content in Smash as a bit of Rare representation already, but DK was always sort of Nintendo's beast, meanwhile, Banjo-Kazooie was Rare's. When we saw B-K, there was no confusion, that was pure Rare, and at their highest heights too. So seeing Banjo-Kazooie join Smash Bros. after all of these years would definitely highlight that old relationship that Rare had with Nintendo. It would be a bittersweet reunion, representing an important time in history for both companies, a time that has since been ignored by Nintendo... To the point where younger Nintendo fans may not even be aware of how huge the Rare/Nintendo era was. Banjo-Kazooie in Smash would bring it back, and I'd be so incredibly overjoyed to see it happen, and I can hardly contain myself for thinking that it's not only possible, but likely.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think the Rare split with Nintendo was an absolute travesty spurned more by how Rare never made a classic game after that.

It was essentially the end of that company at its height!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yes and no. This is not officially released data, but rather information Source Gaming developed from its own research on the topic. Kinda like an exit poll

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Is the Source gaming list pulled directly from the original Smash Ballot?

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Didn’t realize I my question was going threw. Sorry for duplicate questions. Moving forward did you guys see the interview today regarding If Ultimate will have DLC? Of course they are focused on dropping a full game before any post content will have man power focused on but you got to think they will want to continue support for this game. I feel even if Banjo isn’t apart of the initial release it could be a whole Direct focused to him and said remakes that could follow.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, he’d get his own direct sure. I can see the cinematic now:

Banjo and Kazooie sitting in their home playing gameboy when they get a knock on the door.

They get up to answer; it’s a letter with the smash emblem on it.

Banjo remarks, “oh look Kazooie, it’s an invitation to one of those Smash thingies”

Kazooie chimes in, “good, I get to finally stretch my wings. Feels like we’ve cooped up for ages.”

Banjo agree, “yeah, sounds like fun.”

Kazooie then squawks, “finally, back with the Big N, now we get to really show em what we’re made of!”

“Kazooie!” Banjo scolds, “Microsoft has treated us just fine.”

“I just really wanna peck at the fat little plumber, see what he’s made of.”

“Kazooie!”

“Enough chit chat, let’s get going Banjo!”

“Now you’re talking!”

Banjo throws away the letter and the two pose for an action look and cue the title card:

“Banjo and Kazooie Fly Back into Action!”

The two then dash off down the pathway outside of their home in Spiral Mountain.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
What would really make me smile is that if Banjo And Kazooie do get confirmed, is that they would be a hard counter to Bayonetta, since you know, they've dealt with a witch before haha.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Another leak dropped on 4Chan, this time with a name attached (not just anonymous) pointing to positive signs Banjo is on the horizon for DLC.

It states Nintendo is working with Microsoft on a Player. Could be Steve or could be Banjo...

Checkout Zent’s YouTube channel for the video

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I could see steve & banjo being in this smash banjo is very popular & has historical tie with nintendo & Minecraft is the biggest modern gaming character of the times I would find it hard for M$ to not ask for both to be in if sakurai asked for one of them

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Another leak dropped on 4Chan, this time with a name attached (not just anonymous) pointing to positive signs Banjo is on the horizon for DLC.

It states Nintendo is working with Microsoft on a Player. Could be Steve or could be Banjo...

Hodin

Smash Apprentice

Have a link to the leak?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Leaks are always to be up in the air, but they help sprinkle in some insight if they start showing patterns across different leaks.

Or it is just a game of telephone.

Either way, there has been a trend of Nintendo in talks with Microsoft, including in the now infamous Veggabon leak which mentioned Minecraft.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I believe that Jack means this leak.

Unfortunately, I can tell that it's fake just because it mentions DLC when Sakurai said less than a week ago that they are undecided on DLC.
Any "leaker" that starts talking about how people probably won't believe them starts sounding super fake to me.

It's like an amateur attempt to trick people into feeling sympathetic for the leaker. (and thus be more likely to believe them)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Any "leaker" that starts talking about how people probably won't believe them starts sounding super fake to me.

It's like an amateur attempt to trick people into feeling sympathetic for the leaker. (and thus be more likely to believe them)
Yeah, look at the 4chan leak of Ultimate's E3 presentation. It was just a green text leak of the exact content without any extra words needed.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If both King K Rool and Banjo Kazooie, or Dixie and Banjo both make it into SmashU, I will pay for a yearly Premium membership!
As much as I want all three of these characters in, nope. I’ll stay the hell away from Smash ever becoming anything like that. I know it’s a show of support, but the game industry has gotten a tad too insane in those regards for my taste...

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Despite the DK series being my absolute favorite video game series ever, the one thing that would make up for not getting a single newcomer would be getting Banjo-Kazooie. I can understand the DK series being represented by its two biggest icons, DK and Diddy from here on out, Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky, Funky... they're all somewhere down the line, it's alright. But Banjo-Kazooie is such a victory for Rare fans that I can call it quits after that, pack up my bags, I'm going home, I'm happy, I'm as good as it gets. Heck, if Banjo-Kazooie is the only newcomer left to announce, I'd still consider that a victory.

We can even stop the franchise with this game for all I care, there's nobody I'd ever want more than Banjo-Kazooie.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Where'd Sakurai say that, Zoro?
Ok so I was not exactly right about Sakurai explicitly saying it. It was just Bill doing the talk for him in an interview.

here

It makes sense however. Sakurai would prefer to have the game finalized and then move on to working on DLC.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If we COULD get a second Banjo rep, who would everyone support?

Conventional wisdom would point to Mumbo Jumbo as he is also playable, but I really like the idea of him as an assist trophy.

My pick is Gruntilda, as it would give the game a heavyweight, hard hitting mage. Also, her victory scene would be hilarious with sexy Gruntilda flaunting her beauty’(especially hatter her in match taunts and idle animation emphasize a very crude nature).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Conventional wisdom would point to Mumbo Jumbo as he is also playable, but I really like the idea of him as an assist trophy.

My pick is Gruntilda, as it would give the game a heavyweight, hard hitting mage. Also, her victory scene would be hilarious with sexy Gruntilda flaunting her beauty’(especially hatter her in match taunts and idle animation emphasize a very crude nature).
Grunty by a mile because she's my favorite character next to B&K. She might be a good Resetti-like AT who speaks with dialogue boxes and is also aggressive with magic, but I think a reveal trailer for her would feature plenty of her rhyming banter for me to be content with.

StormC

Smash Hero

My pick is Gruntilda, as it would give the game a heavyweight, hard hitting mage. Also, her victory scene would be hilarious with sexy Gruntilda flaunting her beauty’(especially hatter her in match taunts and idle animation emphasize a very crude nature
Grunty for sure. She’s a massively more entertaining character than Mumbo and has way more to work with. Give her a skeleton alt and bam.

The thought of K. Rool vs. Grunty is enough to make me salivate.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Mumbo is also a bit... culturally insensitive. Just a bit. But he is such a major character that I think he'd do well as an assist trophy, possibly with the ability of transforming other characters into termites or washing machines for a short period of time.

But he's certainly the second (err... third) most important character in the series. Gruntilda could make for a fun fighter, but I'm not a huge proponent of villains needing to be playable. Like for instance, I'd much rather have Tails playable than Robotnik, but some people just really love their villains so I can understand the argument. Also, with Bayonetta and maybe Ashley, there sure are plenty of witches that could potentially be in this series all of a sudden.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Even though Banjo-Kazooie are my number one choice to be in Smash and always will be, I still stand by my belief that there should only be one third-party character per franchise. So as much as I love the series, I’d rather not see any more B-K reps as characters except maybe as trophies, assist trophies, and stage hazards. Especially before they even get announced.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I think the Banjo Kazooie series would be a reasonable exception to the “no second third party series rep” rule.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's funny to think that if Banjo & Kazooie had remained with Nintendo we'd probably have playable Gruntilda by now.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's funny to think that if Banjo & Kazooie had remained with Nintendo we'd probably have playable Gruntilda by now.
Banjo would be in Brawl and Grunty would have been in 4.

But he's certainly the second (err... third) most important character in the series. Gruntilda could make for a fun fighter, but I'm not a huge proponent of villains needing to be playable. Like for instance, I'd much rather have Tails playable than Robotnik, but some people just really love their villains so I can understand the argument. Also, with Bayonetta and maybe Ashley, there sure are plenty of witches that could potentially be in this series all of a sudden.
If the villain is a major, recurring character, then they certainly should be in Smash like any other major, recurring character. The question of who before who is a bit of semantics - in your Tails/Eggman example, a good argument can really be made either way. Same with Grunty/Mumbo, but Grunty would almost certainly be a more fun fighter.

Top Bottom