• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
In Brawl we got 2 playable 3rd party characters for the 1st time Sake & Sonic

In Smash 4 We got 2 new playable 3rd parys in the base game Megaman & Pacman ! with Sonic returning & Ryu,Cloud & Bayo as DLC

In smash ultimate everybody is back & we got 2 new 3rd party characters from the same franchise with one being an echo ! so I feel if sakurai follows the trend of 2 new 3rd party characters in the base game we must see banjo !!!!
I think there's one more third party that hasn't been announced yet. I don't know why, but I just feels like that's how it is. If there were no more 3rd party newcomers before the release it would just feel like a void.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I think there's one more third party that hasn't been announced yet. I don't know why, but I just feels like that's how it is. If there were no more 3rd party newcomers before the release it would just feel like a void.
The fact they revealed Simon & Richter Belmont so early along with every other third party rep confirmed to return makes me think they've got at least one more on the docket to be revealed. I mean, last base game had Sonic returning and Mega Man & Pac-Man showing up. Then DLC came with Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta. If we only get one more third party character in the base game, it'll either be Geno or Banjo. Hopefully.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Don't forget Dixie Kong she has been wanted as long as banjo & k rool !
Even though I never said it. I do consider Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong to be the next in line after the "trinity" I mentioned earlier.

Shadow is another one, though he's more likely to be an echo so I'm not sure if I ought to include him.

He won the echo poll over on Reddit so he must be popular, at least in terms of echoes anyway.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I'm confident that Geno is in Ultimate so that makes one. If we get more echo fighters then I can see Ken and Shadow being easy 3rd party characters to add so that will make it 3 3rd Parties.

After that I can only hope that there's at least one more left that would be a unique character. Also future DLC.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm confident that Geno is in Ultimate so that makes one. If we get more echo fighters then I can see Ken and Shadow being easy 3rd party characters to add so that will make it 3 3rd Parties.

After that I can only hope that there's at least one more left that would be a unique character. Also future DLC.
As long as Banjo-Kazooie eventually gets in, I'm all for whoever to join the Smash roster!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Yeah, I really hope it doesn't come down to Geno vs Banjo. They have superficial similarities--Nintendo characters from the nineties owned by a third party that has been wanted since Melee. But they are vastly different characters, probably appeal to different demographics (never heard of Geno until Smash speculation). I'm thinking he's in given the rumored SE rep. All we have for Banjo are inferences. It's tough.

The only Geno vs Banjo I want is in-game.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yeah, I really hope it doesn't come down to Geno vs Banjo. They have superficial similarities--Nintendo characters from the nineties owned by a third party that has been wanted since Melee. But they are vastly different characters, probably appeal to different demographics (never heard of Geno until Smash speculation). I'm thinking he's in given the rumored SE rep. All we have for Banjo are inferences. It's tough.

The only Geno vs Banjo I want is in-game.
I'm hoping Sakurai sees the trinity of characters people really want in. Simon Belmont, Geno, & Banjo would be great third party base characters. Then if DLC becomes a big thing, hopefully we could see the likes of characters like Rayman, Crash, Spyro, and Master Chief in. But Simon, Geno, & Banjo all deserve base spots on the roster. I'd say Rayman as well. Those four would be ideal third-party characters.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
In Brawl we got 2 playable 3rd party characters for the 1st time Sake & Sonic

In Smash 4 We got 2 new playable 3rd parys in the base game Megaman & Pacman ! with Sonic returning & Ryu,Cloud & Bayo as DLC

In smash ultimate everybody is back & we got 2 new 3rd party characters from the same franchise with one being an echo ! so I feel if sakurai follows the trend of 2 new 3rd party characters in the base game we must see banjo !!!!
I hope that's the case, but I'm weary of making predictions based on previous titles. I thought since veterans count as newcomer slots we should be seeing 10-ish unique characters, as echoes are free. That might not be the case here. I assumed we wouldn't get a Pokemon as Pichu/Pokemon Trainer technically take up 4 slots--and we're probably getting Incineroar. And one of my hopeful assumptions was that we would be getting 2 third party newcomers like the previous games, one being Simon. Geno's in a grey area, so I consider him "technically a Mario character" if he's in. And then Banjo. I'm now not sure, but hope that if Microsoft does have a presence, it just feels right to come with a character.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
A tweet by Rare said "Today we surprised Rare legends @Paul_Mach1 and @M3jetman to celebrate them both SMASHING 30 years at Rare. How do we celebrate at Rare? PLENTY of cake! This one even had their faces on. Perfect."

they said SMASHING !!! in there tweet !!!!.......ok I'm looking to deep into this

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
A tweet by Rare said "Today we surprised Rare legends @Paul_Mach1 and @M3jetman to celebrate them both SMASHING 30 years at Rare. How do we celebrate at Rare? PLENTY of cake! This one even had their faces on. Perfect."

they said SMASHING !!! in there tweet !!!!.......ok I'm looking to deep into this
I want to "Bearlieve"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

On one hand, Smashing is a term that's a part of British vocabulary. On the other though, Rare typically doesn't use it that much, so you might be on to something.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

PLEASE LET THIS MEAN MORE THAN JUST THE WORDS. WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE WANT. HYPE!!!! HOPE THIS GOES SOMEWHERE!!!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

So Phil Spencer going to Japan, Rare doing this with Banjo in the background and the word smash?
This is making me think he is all but confirmed for the game as at least DLC (hopefully base roster)
edit* sry for the multipost

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

Remember when Bayonetta said "SMASHING!" when she used her final smash in her reveal trailer? I thought it was a nice touch when that happened, what are the chances of this being foreshadowing for a special Rare characters' future?

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Shantae also talks a lot about her ultimate party where everybody is there in Jammies Mode and waiting for a new something.
Don't get so excited guys, It could be nothing.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

I wanna believe!

Also in some cool Nintendo/Banjo related stuff I found this old Nintendo Power magazine with Banjo and Kazooie front and center of the cover. It's real neat

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I wanna believe!

Also in some cool Nintendo/Banjo related stuff I found this old Nintendo Power magazine with Banjo and Kazooie front and center of the cover. It's real neat

Ahh the good old days. I still have that issue too along with the Banjo Tooie cover as well.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice

Man it gets even more suspicious when you see the bear and bird in the screen behind the guys that were supposed to be celebrated

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It's certainly a coincidental choice of words. I would love to believe, though it's the things I want to be true I have to be the most skeptical of. As Nap_ Nap_ said, many characters like Shantae have had similar instances where it seemed like a very weird coincidence. Within a month, we should know one way or the other. *braces myself*

Flamingbird

Smash Cadet
Banjo-KazOOH-WEE

I feel like if these guys are in the game they will be called Banjo & Kazooie rather than Banjo-Kazooie

D

Deleted member

I come from the shantae support thread to bring you this.

Some 12 year old: Steve has a better chance of getting in smash because he’s highly requested and the first Microsoft character to represent as a fighter! No one can overcome Steve! (dabs x10 and sings welcome to my mine for 10 hours)

Blocks Steve’s path:

(Kills Steve)

GUH-HUH!!!

Banjo and kazooie get jiggly!!!

puremrz

Smash Apprentice

Some 12 year old: Steve has a better chance of getting in smash because he’s highly requested and the first Microsoft character to represent as a fighter! No one can overcome Steve! (dabs x10 and sings welcome to my mine for 10 hours)

Blocks Steve’s path:

[huge picture]

(Kills Steve)

GUH-HUH!!!

Steve is not an enemy though.
Some fools on 4chan are actually trying to set Banjo and Steve fans up against each other for some reason. I won't share the pictures, but it involves a very disturbing 3D render of Steve that I refuse to download.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Blocks Steve’s path:

(Kills Steve)

GUH-HUH!!!

I'd prefer if Banjo-Kazooie and Steve were friends tbh.

With Kazooie mocking Steve of course :troll:

And tbh, even if Steve get's in first, that makes Banjo-Kazooie highly likely to follow him.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Blocks Steve’s path:

(Kills Steve)

GUH-HUH!!!

This doesn't show Banjo-Kazooie fans in a very good light.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Banjo is my number 1 fighter with :ultsnake: and :ultkrool: out if the way, but Id like to see the whole MicroSoft "triforce" (BK, Steve and Master Chief) join the battle by the end of DLC. All of them would offer a unique playstyle and each is very important to their respestive genre (MC and Halo for FPS, Steve and MC for indie/openworld sandbox, and Id argue Mario Odyssey has just as much Banjo Kazooie in its DNA as it does Mario 64). All 3 of them would also melt the internet in their own way.(Bear and bird first, though!)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Blocks Steve’s path:

(Kills Steve)

GUH-HUH!!!

Oh no, Connorb0ts's found his way here too? :nervous:

Save us all...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I just pre-ordered the game using a $ 50 gift card and game return at Gamestop (I returned Breath of the Wild for Wii U because I have it on Switch).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If Banjo & Kazooie got in, at that point, I wouldn't care if Steve got in some time after, despite my feelings on how he wouldn't work as a good character. Because I got what I wanted and anything after that, I'm good.

But if Steve got in over Banjo? I've tried to internalize how I would feel about that, and no matter how much I try to remain positive... it's not good. This is also the feeling I would get if in the unlikely scenario B&K ended up as some kind of trophy, assist or otherwise.

If they both got in, it'd be like the former, and I'd be glad both fan bases were happy. I don't see both getting in the base, though.

Wish I could see Steve in a more positive light as most people, but I also have to be honest about my feelings. Banjo & Kazooie mean a lot to me, to the history of Nintendo, and within Smash speculation history. Steve would be the epitome of having a popular character only because they're popular, and that just doesn't sit right to me in how I view Smash.

I've also considered the scenario where Microsoft came like a package deal; Banjo & Kazooie character, Minecraft stage/assist. While I'd be disappointed given a stage/Gruntilda has so many great possibilities, I'd give up a stage so that both get representation in the base. I get sad when I see people reveling in only Minecraft content being in the base. The optimal form of representation should be what pleases the most people--and B&K fit as a character, while Minecraft fits as a stage.

If neither gets in, I'll simply be disappointed, but not furious as in the case of Steve over Banjo. Will feel like such a missed opportunity, but I'd strive even harder for DLC.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still say this is how the Nintendo-Microsoft deal should go.

Character: Banjo-Kazooie
Stage: Overworld (Steve? appears as a stage character)
Assist Trophy: Creeper
Item: Pickaxe
Mii costume: Master Chief

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I wanna believe!

Oh hey, that's the issue where I laid eyes on Pokemon for the first time. I had no idea what the heck I was looking at, but those cool watercolored artworks of Ivysaur, Charizard, Diglett, Jigglypuff, Dratini, Electrode, and Parasect sure made me curious to know more. Also Pocket Pikachu. The rest is history... of course I bought the magazine to begin with because of the cover article. I was crazy obsessed with Banjo Kazooie back in those days, despite never owning a physical copy of it... I eventually got Tooie though. And I even thought it was better.

I thought about trying to buy an old copy of this issue for nostalgia, but I think I need to cut back on physical collectible crap like this. Maybe I can get a digital version, if someone else besides emuparadise hosted them. RIP.

EDIT: I wanted to add, I bought minecraft recently, never played it before, but now i'm hopelessly hooked on the idea of building a small country. I'd welcome it's inclusion in Smash, but NOT before Banjo. Even if I am enjoying Minecraft immensely, it's gotta be Banjo first... or... second. I don't care what order they come in, just give me Banjo. He's priority one.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If Banjo & Kazooie got in, at that point, I wouldn't care if Steve got in some time after, despite my feelings on how he wouldn't work as a good character. Because I got what I wanted and anything after that, I'm good.

But if Steve got in over Banjo? I've tried to internalize how I would feel about that, and no matter how much I try to remain positive... it's not good. This is also the feeling I would get if in the unlikely scenario B&K ended up as some kind of trophy, assist or otherwise.

If they both got in, it'd be like the former, and I'd be glad both fan bases were happy. I don't see both getting in the base, though.

Wish I could see Steve in a more positive light as most people, but I also have to be honest about my feelings. Banjo & Kazooie mean a lot to me, to the history of Nintendo, and within Smash speculation history. Steve would be the epitome of having a popular character only because they're popular, and that just doesn't sit right to me in how I view Smash.

I've also considered the scenario where Microsoft came like a package deal; Banjo & Kazooie character, Minecraft stage/assist. While I'd be disappointed given a stage/Gruntilda has so many great possibilities, I'd give up a stage so that both get representation in the base. I get sad when I see people reveling in only Minecraft content being in the base. The optimal form of representation should be what pleases the most people--and B&K fit as a character, while Minecraft fits as a stage.

If neither gets in, I'll simply be disappointed, but not furious as in the case of Steve over Banjo. Will feel like such a missed opportunity, but I'd strive even harder for DLC.
This is me pretty much. I'd be flipping over the moon if Banjo-Kazooie got in first, so after that I wouldn't mind Steve too much, but if Steve got in over the duo, even if they ended up being DLC, not gonna lie, I'd feel more than a little pissed. I'd still get the game (I've basically already payed the 60 dollars for it), and I probably would give Steve a shot, but it would still sting if he got in over Banjo-Kazooie, even if we do get DLC (which, I should remind people, hasn't been confirmed yet; while it definitely is a possibility, let's not count our chickens before they hatch), because it would say to me that Nintendo and Microsoft thought that Steve (and by extension Minecraft) was more important a choice than the bear and bird that used to be Nintendo All-Stars back in the N64 days.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Interesting tidbit, the other characters in Diddy Kong racing were all supposed to have their own titles as well. Rare had been plans for that cast.

Top Bottom