• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Rare always knew how to squeeze every ounce of power out of a Nintendo system and push it to it's limit. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were graphical show cases for the N64, Especially Banjo-Tooie, I just wish that Banjo-Tooie took advantage of the Expansion Pack because while the game looks amazing for the N64 it had framerate issues and I assume that extra ram would have helped it run smoother.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Rare always knew how to squeeze every ounce of power out of a Nintendo system and push it to it's limit. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were graphical show cases for the N64, Especially Banjo-Tooie, I just wish that Banjo-Tooie took advantage of the Expansion Pack because while the game looks amazing for the N64 it had framerate issues and I assume that extra ram would have helped it run smoother.
I'm glad they didn't, though. I was already locked out of playing Donkey Kong 64 as a result of that. Just seeing that strange, golden cartridge and not being able to play it... :confused: But then again, I guess everybody else's copy came with it somehow.

Now it just makes me was a Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie remaster. Though, I'll settle with them on an N64 Classic so I can also play DK64 for the first time. :upsidedown:

NineS

Smash Lord
Wanted to say, add me to the supporters list! While I am ashamed to admit I have yet to play a Banjo Kazooie game I mean, there's Nuts & Bolts, but just because I haven't played the games doesn't mean I don't know which ones to avoid I'd be pretty happy if he got in. It bring the possibility of newer and hopefully better than the forbidden one games, and on the switch, along with the older ones. Not to mention, he's a Classic character who's games I hope to play some day. And if he's not in the base game, I'm pretty confident he'll be DLC.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm glad they didn't, though. I was already locked out of playing Donkey Kong 64 as a result of that. Just seeing that strange, golden cartridge and not being able to play it... :confused: But then again, I guess everybody else's copy came with it somehow.

Now it just makes me was a Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie remaster. Though, I'll settle with them on an N64 Classic so I can also play DK64 for the first time. :upsidedown:
That's a good point, It would suck for people who didn't own the Expansion Pack to not be able to play this awesome game, But maybe they could of given the option for both, While games like Donkey Kong 64 required the Expansion Pack to play, there were some games that you could still play without it and were enhanced if you did have it, one perfect example is Pokemon Stadium 2 a game I played a lot growing up and It would automatically get a higher resolution and If I'm not mistaken a smoother framerate at times even though it didn't really need it, Even the title screen will tell you if it detects the Expansion Pack is inside the console.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anything can work if they make it cute enough:

View attachment 168175
If B-K gets in, do you think Conker will be next in line for Rare character support? Or any of the Battletoads?

There's a Ryu and Sonic Totaku figures already but seeing this one as close as Smash Ultimate is....

What do you think? This could be a handicap in getting BK in smash?
Not really. Unlike Amiibos, these figures do absolutely nothing but pretty up your shelf. There are also Totaku figures for Playstation characters, so they're more like a line of collector's items, if anything.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would love the original voices from Chris Sutherland, But correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't they be out of date or is it possible to clean them up for a modern game ? I kind of wonder what Sakurai would do, I imagine Microsoft would have someone else to voice them in certain situations like this since Sutherland is no longer at Rare.
Neither is Chris Seavor but Microsoft still had him reprise his role for Spark and Young Conker.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I feel like sakurai would work with rare on banjo being in smash & rare would get to say what banjo & kazooies voices are & sakurai would do that

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Rare probably still most has studio recordings of the BK characters, so they could just send those over to Sakurai. Iirc Nuts N Bolts used plenty of voice clips from Kazooie and Tooie, with a few new ones thrown in.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Honestly, Banjo & Kazooie have practically everything they need to transition into Smash, including vocal effects. From their jumps to their Star KO being the sound Banjo makes when he falls really far. Other than being owned by Microsoft, they’re honestly the easiest possible newcomers to translate into Smash with practically everything from their games.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Neither is Chris Seavor but Microsoft still had him reprise his role for Spark and Young Conker.
Your are right, How did I forget about him?, He left Rare several years before those games came out and they still managed to contact him for voice over work.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Honestly, Banjo & Kazooie have practically everything they need to transition into Smash, including vocal effects. From their jumps to their Star KO being the sound Banjo makes when he falls really far. Other than being owned by Microsoft, they’re honestly the easiest possible newcomers to translate into Smash with practically everything from their games.
Banjo's Star KO would also have to include Kazooie's voice too, Can't recall if she had a screaming voice, When Both get Star KO'd I want to hear both of them yelling from a distance.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Banjo's Star KO would also have to include Kazooie's voice too, Can't recall if she had a screaming voice, When Both get Star KO'd I want to hear both of them yelling from a distance.
In tooie, if you split up and fall from a high distance with Kazooie only you can hear her go "uh oh" and then yell as she falls down. Pretty similar to Banjo, just Kazooie doing it instead. Mash them togrther, then bam, perfect Star KO noise!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I recall playing as Kazooie in Banjo-Tooie and her going "uh-oh" when falling and then whatever her "screaming" noise is playing afterward.

edit: welp I'm late

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh hey, we’re past the 100 page mark! Keep climbing! 2 months to go! Less until we (hopefully) know!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I just got a question brewing in my mind.
Someone brought up the fact Steve could get in is due to 'Legacy'. I saw that an quoted them but instead I said Banjo & Kazooie for Legacy. Now they said that didn't make sense to their mind.

I didn't take it as an attachment, but just thought...Do people not know Banjo & Kazooie are indeed a character worthy of the title LEGACY?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
In tooie, if you split up and fall from a high distance with Kazooie only you can hear her go "uh oh" and then yell as she falls down. Pretty similar to Banjo, just Kazooie doing it instead. Mash them togrther, then bam, perfect Star KO noise!
Good to Know, Haven't played Tooie in like 4-5 years so I couldn't remember to well, But I just started playing Kazooie earlier this week and will play Tooie afterwards in celebration of their 20th Anniversary and so I can get more ideas that can be used for the duo in Smash.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Someone brought up the fact Steve could get in is due to 'Legacy'. I saw that an quoted them but instead I said Banjo & Kazooie for Legacy. Now they said that didn't make sense to their mind.

I didn't take it as an attachment, but just thought...Do people not know Banjo & Kazooie are indeed a character worthy of the title LEGACY?
Maybe their too young and haven't seen them back in their prime during the N64 era.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
When they were together in both Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie, only Banjo's yell was heard. Kazooie would go back inside the backpack. But yes, when they were separated, Kazooie would go 'Uh-oh! Bwahhhhhhhhhhh!!'. So I'd be definitely okay if they both yelled like that in Smash since they'd be together, plus they have material for it! I was just trying to be authentic to their games since only Banjo yelled when they were together lol ^^

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I think the "Legacy" title fits for of both them, and I'd actually like both of them in. Of course, if I had to choose between Steve or B-K and the other wouldn't get in, I'd choose B-K.

I think I saw that but didn't think about it :S

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
They're both entirely legacy characters, well, in Minecraft's case, legacy franchise, though a character can easily represent a legacy franchise, as is often the case in Smash Bros..

But yeah, Banjo-Kazooie is definitely a legacy franchise, but even more than that, it's a legacy Nintendo franchise. Back when it was Nintendo anyway, Nintendo propped it up with the big guns of the day. Banjo-Kazooie as a game, franchise, and its characters, were standing side by side other Nintendo greats like Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Whether through promotional material in Nintendo Power or historical recognition years later, Nintendo cared deeply, and the gamers did too. It's just, yeah, Banjo-Kazooie was part of the crew and it most definitely would've made its way into Smash Bros. much sooner had the buyout never happened.

As is, if you look at Banjo-Kazooie as a Nintendo franchise, it's more successful than any other Nintendo IP currently not represented in Smash Bros. with a character. That should say quite a bit as to why the bear and bird should be in this game. And that's just one of many reasons why they should be in this game too.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

This was shown a couple of days ago, But this pretty much sums it up how they were viewed during the N64 era.

If this doesn't say Nintendo Icon/All-Star or worthy of a roster spot in Super Smash Bros then I don't know what does. I mean look at who the hell they are standing next to that's elite company right there.

f7907cdd-935b-41b9-a21f-74e79ef78456.jpg

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This was shown a couple of days ago, But this pretty much sums it up how they were viewed during the N64 era.

If this doesn't say Nintendo Icon/All-Star or worthy of a roster spot in Super Smash Bros then I don't know what does.

View attachment 168345
I remember seeing that post! It is truly nice to see these old bundles come up that show how much certain characters were loved during their time.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
...No... Bomberman...? :(
Bomberman is cool and Iconic (Definitely got screwed over for a roster spot in Ultimate.), But he's been around since the mid 80's and was 3rd Party at the time from Hudson Soft, These are all 1st/2nd Party Nintendo Characters and seeing how Banjo-Kazooie were the new kids on the block at the time Nintendo was pushing and marketing them a lot more.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I'm from another universe than everyone else is. Banjo & Kazooie are Nintendo All-Stars... that just so happen to be owned by a third party company. Their legacy with Nintendo is one of the most underrated achievements I've found in Smash speculation, and it's disconcerting. Hopefully if Banjo & Kazooie are in, Sakurai shows those not familiar with the N64 era exactly what made them so special to begin with.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
...No... Bomberman...? :(
If you were around during the N64 years, you would know right away, Banjo-Kazooie was a Nintendo character, and Bomberman wasn't. Even back then, Nintendo's first party content got so much more attention than the third party stuff, it was on a whole other level, and Banjo-Kazooie was considered one of their own, just like Mario and Zelda, actually, everything Rare was pretty much Nintendo's back then. Sure, they were second party to Nintendo, and that gives them a distinct separation, but how I always like to put it, and what makes the partnership feel like how it did back then, is by looking at how Disney and Pixar's working relationship operates. With Nintendo being Disney, and Rare being Pixar, that's how it felt back in the 90s. And just as Toy Story feels like a Disney property, Banjo-Kazooie felt like a Nintendo property.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If you were around during the N64 years, you would know right away, Banjo-Kazooie was a Nintendo character, and Bomberman wasn't. Even back then, Nintendo's first party content got so much more attention than the third party stuff, it was on a whole other level, and Banjo-Kazooie was considered one of their own, just like Mario and Zelda, actually, everything Rare was pretty much Nintendo's back then. Sure, they were second party to Nintendo, and that gives them a distinct separation, but how I always like to put it, and what makes the partnership feel like how it did back then, is by looking at how Disney and Pixar's working relationship operates. With Nintendo being Disney, and Rare being Pixar, that's how it felt back in the 90s. And just as Toy Story feels like a Disney property, Banjo-Kazooie felt like a Nintendo property.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Nintendo and Disney are superb companies that became massive global entities known and beloved by practically everyone. But Rare & Pixar? They were on a whole 'nother level, with hit after hit, and every single product they released was something new and innovative and interesting.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There's also an even closer analogy--what Pokemon is to Nintendo. The Pokemon Company and Game Freak are essentially their own entity and acts like a second party working exclusively for Nintendo. But nobody would say Pikachu is not a Nintendo character, and likewise, Banjo was a Nintendo character developed by Rare in the N64 era. I would say Bomberman is more iconic, though as mentioned, Bomberman's a third party character, whereas those on the bundle were first and second party characters. It's true that certain games, like Bomberman 64, were published exclusively for the N64, but there were others published exclusively for Playstation as well. I do believe, however, that Bomberman is a character deserving to be on the Smash roster, and that's the biggest missed opportunity so far, even though I could see that Sakurai prioritized Castlevania. It makes me a bit nervous as to see what Sakurai prioritizes when it comes to Microsoft.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There's also an even closer analogy--what Pokemon is to Nintendo. The Pokemon Company and Game Freak are essentially their own entity and acts like a second party working exclusively for Nintendo. But nobody would say Pikachu is not a Nintendo character, and likewise, Banjo was a Nintendo character developed by Rare in the N64 era. I would say Bomberman is more iconic, though as mentioned, Bomberman's a third party character, whereas those on the bundle were first and second party characters. It's true that certain games, like Bomberman 64, were published exclusively for the N64, but there were others published exclusively for Playstation as well. I do believe, however, that Bomberman is a character deserving to be on the Smash roster, and that's the biggest missed opportunity so far, even though I could see that Sakurai prioritized Castlevania. It makes me a bit nervous as to see what Sakurai prioritizes when it comes to Microsoft.
You can also say the same thing for the Kirby franchise and HAL Laboratory, HAL Labs is an independent developer like Game Freak ,But solely works for Nintendo.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman

If this doesn't say Nintendo Icon/All-Star or worthy of a roster spot in Super Smash Bros then I don't know what does. I mean look at who the hell they are standing next to that's elite company right there.

View attachment 168345
I love this picture.

I REALLY hope they are playable in Smash Bros.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yeah, I was around for the N64 days (that's when I started gaming; my first games were Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64), and the third-party thing crossed my mind when I made my post.

Part of the reason I'm so attached to Bomberman is that my grandfather got me Bomberman 64 for my birthday (I forget exactly which birthday it was; I wanted Diddy Kong Racing, which he got me the following year). He died of pancreatic cancer in 2003, so Bomberman, Pipsy, and Garcia are the main things I remember him by.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Alright. What's people's opinion on this whole Incenaroar/Ken thing?
Ken seems likely with that leak picture. But there being only 2 more reveals, one being an echo, seems unlikely to me. I really hope Incineroar isn't in though, that would make me lose all hope (until DLC is announced)

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Incineroar is a character that everyone assumes is in SO MUCH that a lot of people think he is confirmed.

Top Bottom