• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

Hey people! I made my E3 Bingo chart:
87FF6AEA-045D-4171-B291-9C12C3D81BAE.png

Hopefully I manage to fill the Rare-related spots on this one.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Not sure if peeps have seen this. Just want something to share. Wondering how the investigation into the Google theory is going.
Really enjoyed it--informative and funny. It's how I pictured Banjo & Kazooie, though with the exception of the creative licenses used. Obviously there would be some creative license in their moveset, but I don't know the controls well enough to know what fits/doesn't.

As for two characters from one company--while I wouldn't expect it, given precedence, I also wouldn't be surprised, given the options. I predicted Joker back in Sept/Oct specifically because I think Sega would get a new character, and Persona 5 being huge (especially at the Game Awards and Sakurai speaking positively about the game), made sense.

- Square Enix might get a character, or they could have been difficult to work with, and Sakurai could only get Cloud back.
- Konami already has a unique character, an echo, and an assist trophy, so I don't expect a DLC character from them.
- Capcom --if they do get one, I expect Dante.
- And despite developing the game, Bandai Namco only has one rep throughout both games. It's also hard to come up with an obvious character.

I expect 1-2 more characters from companies already in Smash. That leaves 2-3 for new companies. Whatever company they work with, particularly if they're great to work with, may get two characters as it's easier to work with one new company rather than multiple, and there's only a handful of major Japanese companies who haven't worked with Smash yet, and if a Western third party does work with Smash, I only expect one to join (though, ideally I'd get Banjo & Kazooie from Microsoft, Crash from Activision) given the logistics and precedence.

Of course we could also get one character from every remaining company already in Smash and no new companies. There's no telling, but given what we know, I wouldn't be surprised if a company gets more than one character.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Really enjoyed it--informative and funny. It's how I pictured Banjo & Kazooie, though with the exception of the creative licenses used. Obviously there would be some creative license in their moveset, but I don't know the controls well enough to know what fits/doesn't.

As for two characters from one company--while I wouldn't expect it, given precedence, I also wouldn't be surprised, given the options. I predicted Joker back in Sept/Oct specifically because I think Sega would get a new character, and Persona 5 being huge (especially at the Game Awards and Sakurai speaking positively about the game), made sense.

- Square Enix might get a character, or they could have been difficult to work with, and Sakurai could only get Cloud back.
- Konami already has a unique character, an echo, and an assist trophy, so I don't expect a DLC character from them.
- Capcom --if they do get one, I expect Dante.
- And despite developing the game, Bandai Namco only has one rep throughout both games. It's also hard to come up with an obvious character.

I expect 1-2 more characters from companies already in Smash. That leaves 2-3 for new companies. Whatever company they work with, particularly if they're great to work with, may get two characters as it's easier to work with one new company rather than multiple, and there's only a handful of major Japanese companies who haven't worked with Smash yet, and if a Western third party does work with Smash, I only expect one to join (though, ideally I'd get Banjo & Kazooie from Microsoft, Crash from Activision) given the logistics and precedence.

Of course we could also get one character from every remaining company already in Smash and no new companies. There's no telling, but given what we know, I wouldn't be surprised if a company gets more than one character.
What about Ubisoft tho?
Imagine Ezio Auditore getting in.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
What about Ubisoft tho?
Imagine Ezio Auditore getting in.
If Ubisoft ever does get a representative it would likely be their company mascot: Rayman

Unless for whatever unlikely horrible reason they decide to go with the Rabbids... Ugh.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, Banjo-Kazooie won the fan poll. Seems like he was very wanted, like how King K. Rool was. In their cases, I guess you can say the most popular wants for any Smash Bros. game are Rare?

Bad pun aside, what item from the Banjo-Kazooie games would you like to be used in battle if the duo ever got in?

So apparently IndieGamerChick has also heard Steve for the fighter’s Pass, although she is still confident in Banjo. But she thinks Banjo might be after the first pass if there is one. It’s all kinda confusing. Sabi has confirmed the conversation
0D19AC4A-319E-4530-96EF-19DCAC30AE02.jpeg

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
E3 leaks will probably be coming out soon. That discord is going nuts.. these next few weeks will be interesting

I heard that Sabi convo is fake. Someone said it was fake in the discord.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Think about it...ms sources said banjo was in including that well known leaker while others said mc content is in smash. If we put them together then it’s both are in

Also the the sources from the ones that were doubling down on steve aren't trying hard enough but who cares about them anyway?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It doesn’t change anything, just adds another layer to the whole situation
So, Sabi is IndieGamerChick?
Don't lose hope, my friend.
Oh no don't get me wrong. I still hope. But I've come to the realization that I might have become to emotionally attached to all this. And I shouldn't be treating this as a life or death situation like I have been. Being on my toes all the time about leaks, leakers, and "proof" of Banjo's inclusion. The constant wars between character fans. It has just gotten so tiring to me. I just need to let what happens happen. I am just not to concerned about Steve being playable anymore. Let them add him. I still have 3 slots let (2 if Steve makes Erdrick a guarantee). Then hopefully I have wave 2 to look forward to.

I wouldn't really call this pessimism either. Just coming to the realization that this isn't as super important as I was making my self think it was. This isn't even about this chatlogs either. I have been thinking about it for a couple days now. This is more of just the tipping point of my decision.

Last edited:

Somethingyto

Smash Rookie
I mean, would someone of her stature even know whether or not a character is FP1 or not, or even a post FP char? I really doubt it, either way this person was not the only person saying Banjo as DLC.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
She confirmed that it’s real
Yea I just was in the Discord... that makes no sense. Banjo is in IF there's a Fighter Pass 2.. what? How can you hard confirm Banjo if the second pass is an if..

I dunno this one is a real drag. I guess it's over. Sure we "could" get a second pass but I'm not holding my breath. I guess Banjo is done.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I will say though. How can she say for sure that Banjo is coming in fighter pass 2. But doesn't know if there will be a fighter pass 2. That is a complete contradiction.

At that point you can just say "Banjo isn't coming currently" lol

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I will say though. How can she say for sure that Banjo is coming in fighter pass 2. But doesn't know if there will be a fighter pass 2. That is a complete contradiction.

At that point you can just say "Banjo isn't coming currently" lol
Well, I heard IndieGamerChick did say Jill Valentine would be in Smash, and was wrong. Maybe she isn't that credible, after all...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Well, I heard IndieGamerChick did say Jill Valentine would be in Smash, and was wrong. Maybe she isn't that credible, after all...
Well, Jill could be DLC. Unless she meant in the base game. Anyway, wouldn't IGC know more about what's going on at MS than other places like Capcom?

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I would be extremely happy if we got a second character pass. That would mean my friends Rayman, Dixie, and Crash Bandicoot would have a better chance! And Banjo Kazooie of course, if they don't make it the first time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I suppose you can say things are SPIRALing out of control huh?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We're literally making a Spiral Mountain out of a molehill, are we?

So, is anyone going to answer my question above?

Top Bottom