• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, its cool to see Banjo-Kazooie is such an overwhelmingly high pick.
The voters also made me proud to see Chief in the top ten :grin:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd say that's a pretty solid top twenty, honestly. I'm not familiar with Shantae, and I'd prefer other Microsoft/Capcom characters over Steve and Phoenix Wright, but I'd be fine if most of those characters made it into Smash.

Also, I'm glad to see that the first place character won with roughly 500 more votes than the character who came in second - it really shows how supported they are, even in a poll that's as heavily divided as this one is.
Kazooie's a dude ?!?!

(Just kidding)

In all seriousness though they pretty much left the competition in the dust seeing how over 500 points seperates them from #2 Bandana Dee (Who I'm cool with) But it's really great to see how heavy their demand is in pretty much every poll we have seen.
Yeah, its cool to see Banjo-Kazooie is such an overwhelmingly high pick.
The voters also made me proud to see Chief in the top ten :grin:
With how all these polls are looking, it's looking like Banjo & Kazooie are the new K. Rool. Any other character besides Goemon couldn't make me happier seeing at the top of most peoples wanted list. I'm happy my 2nd most wanted Banjo & Kazooie are wanted by so many.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
People forget that Dark Souls is both a Bamco and a Japanese IP

Google Theory aside, I can easily see DS being their new rep

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
According to Harada, it's a Bamco IP.
Really? Then I dunno. Unless Harada is only referring to some sort of exclusive publishing rights outside of Japan. I could be wrong, though. Don't know why they wouldn't publish inside of Japan if they owned the IP, though.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Really? Then I dunno. Unless Harada is only referring to some sort of exclusive publishing rights outside of Japan. I could be wrong, though. Don't know why they wouldn't publish inside of Japan if they owned the IP, though.
Nope
Dark Souls is 100% owned by Bamco, Miyazaki even confirmed it in an interview.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So theoretically artorias could become a mii costume. Tho that still leaves bethesda and koei temco.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Hypothetically. Even if it was because they were all Mii costumes. We still know those are four companies they are going to for characters. Because if Joker is any indication. Characters come with mii costumes that are owned by the same company that character belongs to. So we would still be looking at a Bethesda rep, Microsoft rep, so on and so on.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Hypothetically. Even if it was because they were all Mii costumes. We still know those are four companies they are going to for characters. Because if Joker is any indication. Characters come with mii costumes that are owned by the same company that character belongs to. So we would still be looking at a Bethesda rep, Microsoft rep, so on and so on.
Alright let's think:
Artorias costume- Pac man character

Banjo costume- "He who shall not be named" character

Ryu costume- ? (I don't know much about their ip's, tho we do have an assist trophy from them)

Bethesda- I guess Dragonborn

Edit: the ads for the fighter pass? And if so, are mii costume included in the pass? Assuming this is Nintendo's doing, it would be strange to advertise things that aren't included in said pass.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Alright let's think:

Ryu costume- ? (I don't know much about their ip's, tho we do have an assist from them)
I suppose if Ryu was a costume then it would have be DoA or a Warriors character. Also the assist is from a series that Nintendo co-owns so not all that impressive the AT is here.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Alright let's think:

Ryu costume- ? (I don't know much about their ip's, tho we do have an assist trophy from them)

Edit: the ads for the fighter pass? And if so, are mii costume included in the pass? Assuming this is Nintendo's doing, it would be strange to advertise things that aren't included in said pass.
"He who shall not be named" is a strange way of saying Battletoads.

And DragonBorn is a weird way of saying Vault Boy

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Nope
Dark Souls is 100% owned by Bamco, Miyazaki even confirmed it in an interview.
Welp. That confirms it. Still don't understand why Bamco didn't publish locally since it's their IP but that could just be suits being suits.

Alright let's think:
Yeah. We really only got Persona costumes and Sonic costumes so it's hard to discern a pattern if there is any since Sonic is already represented. It could just be a handful of costumes from the same series as the new rep along with a couple of costumes for an already represented series that is from the same publisher.

Say we get a Dark Souls rep we could get 5 Dark Souls costumes and 2 Pac-Man costumes would follow that pattern but the other publishers aren't really represented in characters yet unless we're counting Fatal Frame and we get some costumes for that series.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If this line up were mii costumes, that would be an absolute hype killer. I'm sure we all know how we'd feel about a banjo costume. But something like doom and ninja gaiden only getting costumes? Talk about wasted potential.

Edit: Yet again Tetris only has 2 songs, so go figure.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
My god if we get Dragon Born, Steve, and Kasumi instead of Doom Guy, Banjo Kazooie, and Hayabusa I will forever be depressed. And if they end it all off with Rabbids instead of Rayman I will jump off a ****ing plane with no parachute.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Wait, why are we discussing the possibility of them being mii costumes? Only 5 names out of the 1000 plus that they put into google had the ad come up, and one of them was Joker. He isn't a mii costume. It wouldnt make any sense.

That, and MANY more names would have worked if that were the case. The MCs of persona 3 and 4, for example. Those are two of the new costumes we got.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to point out that while all logic points to this being real as opposed to fake, we’ve seen wilder things happen.

Yes, it would be incredibly dangerous for someone to fake this ad, and costly. It would likely (almost definitely) result in them getting sued. All for a fake leak that is debunked in mere weeks. But Grinch leak had WAAAAYYY more going for it, wayyy more going AGAINST it being fake, and still ended up being fake.

Hype responsibly.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if we get a dark souls rep over a tekkin or soul calibur rep I'd be pissed ! never knew bamco owned Dark souls

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
On topic of costumes: If artorias somehow comes with a giant dad costume, I will buy literally everything associated with Nintendo and fromsolf

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I would just like to point out that while all logic points to this being real as opposed to fake, we’ve seen wilder things happen.

Yes, it would be incredibly dangerous for someone to fake this ad, and costly. It would likely (almost definitely) result in them getting sued. All for a fake leak that is debunked in mere weeks. But Grinch leak had WAAAAYYY more going for it, wayyy more going AGAINST it being fake, and still ended up being fake.

Hype responsibly.
Well actually there is practically no chance the person who did this faces any sort of repercussions. Nintendo will do exactly what they do for all the people who make fake leaks and renders, nothing. Also there's no real grounds to make a lawsuit so really at most the person would get a C&D but so far the ads actually are to Nintendo's advantage so likely won't do even that. The only thing that would happen is the person who faked it wasted a lot of money and they are a certified ****.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
My god if we get Dragon Born, Steve, and Kasumi instead of Doom Guy, Banjo Kazooie, and Hayabusa I will forever be depressed. And if they end it all off with Rabbids instead of Rayman I will jump off a ****ing plane with no parachute.
*LOADING…* … Yep, thankfully we are not in such a terrible timeline, lol. That's not our timeline's Sakurai :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think they could be mii costumes; the only costume the Fighters Pass comes with is the Rex costume, and the only other character that brought up the ad before it switched to literally any character was Joker.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
*LOADING…* … Yep, thankfully we are not in such a terrible timeline, lol. That's not our timeline's Sakurai :)
Fans: Spare artorias and we'll take the banjo costume.

Sakurai: No tricks?

Other fans: Why'd you do that?

Fans: There was no other way.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Being Mii costume related makes absolutely no sense. Tails and Knuckles don't trigger the add (Joker does), and costumes aren't even included in the pass (which is what the ad is for).

Hype responsibly.
... All for a leak that may have never been discovered and still is only considered a theory and not a leak. What a massive risk for potentially nothing.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I suppose if Ryu was a costume then it would have be DoA or a Warriors character. Also the assist is from a series that Nintendo co-owns so not all that impressive the AT is here.
Zhao Yun or Lu Bu would be great, but why would a Mii costume trigger the ad and the playable character not do so

I searched them first time I heard the theory, and nada!

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Zhao Yun or Lu Bu would be great, but why would a Mii costume trigger the ad and the playable character not do so

I searched them first time I heard the theory, and nada!
No clue why mii costumes would bring up a pass ad. I wasn't the one who suggested that idea just responding to what the Koie character could possibly be if Ryu was a mii.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Today’s direct would be a good opportunity to reveal Steve. Here’s hoping that does not happen!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Today’s direct would be a good opportunity to reveal Steve. Here’s hoping that does not happen!
I don't think there's gonna be a Smash reveal in a Mario Maker 2 direct.

Though there could be Microsoft costumes for MM2...

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm the one who brought up the costumes last page.
250.jpeg.jpg

Entertaining the ideas of Nintendo making the ads, but these aren't the fighters. Glad everyone thinks it makes no sense.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
When Smash already has a Mario Maker stage and a Builder Mario costume, they weren't gonna reveal anything Smash-related in that Direct.
Would this also deconfirm the claim that a Steve reveal would happen on the 17th? Nintendo would never let a 3rd party make a reveal like that and it seemed that the only Nintendo involvement to the Minecraft anniversary is the announcement of a discount.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Why would Nintendo reveal Steve outside of E3. I get we don't like the guy but let's not act like Nintendo wouldn't treat it as some big event aka E3. They aren't just gonna go "oh yeah here is Steve have fun" during some random Super Mario Maker direct.

They wouldn't announce him at an event not hosted by them either. No smash announcements are happening the 17th.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why would Nintendo reveal Steve outside of E3. I get we don't like the guy but let's not act like Nintendo wouldn't treat it as some big event aka E3. They aren't just gonna go "oh yeah here is Steve have fun"

They wouldn't announce him at an event not hosted by them wither. No smash announcements are happening the 17th.
I will be honest. I also don't think an announcement is happening outside of E3 as well. I think if anything, all Smash DLC announcements will happen at E3 and E3 only. I can barely imagine the announcement be at a non-Nintendo related event, as you said.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
ngl that MM2 is close to one of the best games this year already, for me anyway.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Google Theory is legit, who do y'all think would be Brave?

I think Joker's stats were changed so I don't know if we can rely on Brave's (not sure if Joker's height value was changed, however), but there is some string that indicates whether the character is "bio" or "metal" (I think it affects what sound is used when they're hit), and Brave's was bio, so I'm guessing Brave would be Banjo if the height stays the same (could Erdrick be around Ness's height?).

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I think Joker's stats were changed so I don't know if we can rely on Brave's (not sure if Joker's height value was changed, however), but there is some string that indicates whether the character is "bio" or "metal" (I think it affects what sound is used when they're hit), and Brave's was bio, so I'm guessing Brave would be Banjo if the height stays the same (could Erdrick be around Ness's height?).
Not saying he will, be, but I remember someone here joking that Banjo would be Brave, for reasons I forgot.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

I guess banjo. I can't see those stats matching up with the other 4.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess banjo. I can't see those stats matching up with the other 4.
Come to think of it, if Banjo is Brave, not only is Brave a placeholder, but a possible and intentional misspelling of Banjo, you know, since Banjo and Brave both begin with the letter B. You understand what I mean, right? I mean, there is still Kazooie in Banjo-Kazooie, but this is just a guess.

Top Bottom