• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So lemme get this straight... now that the ads are coming up for literally everyone, except BRAD, the faker (assuming there is one) now has to pay for those ads as well?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So lemme get this straight... now that the ads are coming up for literally everyone, except BRAD, the faker (assuming there is one) now has to pay for those ads as well?
More like they just flipped the keywords so it would still be the same price

The general consensus right now is that the ads ARE legitmate, but whether this all actually amounts to anything is up in the air and we won't know till E3

Looma

Smash Journeyman
fans: "Nintendo wouldn't screw up and implement keywords this early!"
NoE, probably:
C9FGK1RUAAA_3Gc.jpg

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ngl this at least got more interesting than before, got us something to talk about during May at least, lol.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
It would be interesting to see if someone could make a "fake" ad that mostly behaves like the current ad. That would give us an answer to the following questions:

- Can a random person link an advertisement to a webpage from an unaffiliated company?
- How expensive is it to run the ad in its current state?
- Why do some DLC names trigger the ad, but others don't?

As long as there isn't a concrete answer to these questions, I choose to remain sceptical.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This is pretty much the only place on the internet that says Google Theory is probably real. I think I might go directly to the source and ask Duckmeat about, because I feel I don't have enough info on it.

What I really want is a discussion video between DuckMeat DuckMeat and PushDustIn PushDustIn where they consider the pros and cons of it and make it easier to understand

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This is pretty much the only place on the internet that says Google Theory is probably real. I think I might go directly to the source and ask Duckmeat about, because I feel I don't have enough info on it.

What I really want is a discussion video between DuckMeat DuckMeat and PushDustIn PushDustIn where they consider the pros and cons of it and make it easier to understand
Gamefaqs and Reset dismissed it very quickly as they dislike Papa Genos (who ironically doesn't believe the theory anyway, it simply originated in his discord).

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Gamefaqs and Reset dismissed it very quickly as they dislike Papa Genos (who ironically doesn't believe the theory anyway, it simply originated in his discord).
What are the common reasons people dismiss it? I get most all my leak info from this thread lol so I feel like i'm missing something. As far as I can tell I can't find any reason to dismiss it completely...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have to say the composer for Banjo-Kazooie openly talking about how expecting a new game is a pipe dream one month before E3 isn't a good sign for the Google Theory. Of course including Banjo in Ultimate is wildly more realistic than Banjo-Threeie, but the transparency of discussion over the character's relevancy from key people, still, rubs me the wrong way. Still doesn't kill hope for me unless someone like Gregg Mayles, Rare or Phil Spencer come out and say something negative.
I don't think that will hurt Banjo & Kazooie's chances, especially if they release the N64 Mini with Rareware games or port Rare Replay to the Switch. Plus, it's obvious that K. Rool is going to be the main antagonist again in the next DKC game now that he is back and in Smash. K. Rool is in Smash and we haven't heard anything about the existence of there being a DKCR3 and we probably won't until we get closer to Metroid Prime 4's release. I'm sure Retro isn't going to touch DKC until after they're done with Metroid Prime 4, which won't be done for awhile now.

Just because a character is getting in Smash that doesn't mean a new game will come out for their franchise.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
What are the common reasons people dismiss it? I get most all my leak info from this thread lol so I feel like i'm missing something. As far as I can tell I can't find any reason to dismiss it completely...
Because the nature of the leak does seem to be a little tinfoil hat in nature. I don’t have a logical reason other than it seems far-fetched to begin with

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
Welcome Aboard !!!, I have said it before and will say it again, It's really great to see so much overlap between DK/King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie fanbase, No surprise since they are part of the Donkey Kong Universe and are forever connected because of Rareware, A lot of us here were big supporters for the big Kroc (My 2nd most wanted after BK) and when he finally got in we noticed big flock of K. Rool supporters jump over here and that's when our thread really took off.

I lost my mind when King K. Rool finally got revealed and will love to relive it all over again with Banjo-Kazooie.
I think it's our jobs as fans to show developers how much impact their creations have on us. And you all deserve to have all your dedication rewarded.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It would be interesting to see if someone could make a "fake" ad that mostly behaves like the current ad. That would give us an answer to the following questions:

- Can a random person link an advertisement to a webpage from an unaffiliated company?
- How expensive is it to run the ad in its current state?
- Why do some DLC names trigger the ad, but others don't?

As long as there isn't a concrete answer to these questions, I choose to remain sceptical.
The first one is yes. At their base a web advertisement especially on Google are just hyperlinks. Their sole purpose is to redirect users onto your website so they hopefully buy whatever it is that makes you money. You don't have provide proof of owning a domain to make an ad so you can link whatever website you want. In fact if I remember correctly when Push tried to show how it could be faked he linked to Smash website.
As for why some of the names work and others don't the speculation is because those characters are in the pass but we don't really don't know what is and isn't triggering the ads.

Last edited:

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
The truth? It doesn't have Erdrick or Steve. People that immediately dismiss it likely dont even understand how the theory works. Also, yeah, they see Papagenos. The hate he gets is crazy and undeserved.

These are the same people that eat up any leaks, no matter where they come from.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I mean it's not really a leak, it's just a theory. I think people see it as outlandish and they see it as being tied to PapaGenos who like I said a lot of people have a problem with because of the grinch stuff (though I think he's legit a really cool guy).

Plenty of people dismiss it because it doesn't have Steve and moreso Erdrick in too.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Because the nature of the leak does seem to be a little tinfoil hat in nature. I don’t have a logical reason other than it seems far-fetched to begin with
that makes sense. just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing some damning evidence but i agree it is a bit strange and out there. I wonder how we in this thread would be reacting to it if banjo wasn't one of the trigger words.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't get why papagenos get so much hate ? didn't andre from gamexplain attack him on twitter once ? papa seams like one of the most level headed people who covers leaks & theorys

Banjo placed number 1 on Source Gaming’s “Top 50 Characters You Voted For” poll

Yeah I don't get why papagenos get so much hate ? didn't andre from gamexplain attack him on twitter once ? papa seams like one of the most level headed people who covers leaks & theorys
I had to unfollow both Andre and Jon from GameXplain on twitter because they kept attacking PapaGenos all passive-aggressively long after the grinch leak was over. Especially Andre. He makes PapaGenos out to be this horrible person who somehow wronged GameXplain in some way just because he believed the grinch leak was real (much like the majority of the Smash community did). I’ve just never liked Andre much, he always rubbed me the wrong way

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I had to unfollow both Andre and Jon from GameXplain on twitter because they kept attacking PapaGenos all passive-aggressively long after the grinch leak was over. Especially Andre. He makes PapaGenos out to be this horrible person who somehow wronged GameXplain in some way just because he believed the grinch leak was real (much like the majority of the Smash community did). I’ve just never liked Andre much, he always rubbed me the wrong way
I unsubscribed from Gameexplain which is unfortunate because they do tend to pump out most quality material, but Jon and especially Andre come across as smug bullies, and we have enough of those on the internet that I don’t want to support them for that reason.

I unsubscribed from Gameexplain which is unfortunate because they do tend to pump out most quality material, but Jon and especially Andre come across as smug bullies, and we have enough of those on the internet that I don’t want to support them for that reason.
Glad I’m not the only one who noticed this about Jon and Andre. It sucks because I really like Ash and Derrick. They seem like the nicest dudes. I miss a couple years back when they were the more prominent faces of GameXplain

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Those websites are the most in denial, contrarian and full of naysayer places ever, I don't often them for a reason, you can't really have a serious discussion there. Even 4chan tends to be more open minded than those two combined sometimes, lol (and 4chan at least you can laugh at, at least).

Yeah I also unfollowed them for the same reason. I can't stand them at giggling at everything as if they knew what's real or not, at the end of every single sentence.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I meant to say it that a new game doesn't have to come out closely after Smash for a franchise just because a character from that franchise just got in.
Mega Man 11 as an example

i stopped watching and unsubscribe from Gamexplain mainly for Andre's Behavior, but other than that they got less enjoyable with me and i can just get news from nintendo from their news page on google.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I mean if Nintendo made the adds why would they add Banjo, Ryu Hayabusa, Artorias and Doom Slayer as keywords?
Maybe they're not fighters. They could be upcoming costumes or something.

Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with smash at all

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe they're not fighters. They could be upcoming costumes or something.
All things considered, it doesn't seem likely that they'd go to the trouble of getting in touch with Bethesda/Id, From Software, Koei Tecmo, and Microsoft entirely for Mii costumes, especially when three of those companies don't have anything in the base game. (Koei Tecmo has Fatal Frame, I think)

I sincerely doubt that Nintendo made the ads, but seeing as Mii costumes don't have individual pages on the Smash website, the idea that they're Mii costumes doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
All things considered, it doesn't seem likely that they'd go to the trouble of getting in touch with Bethesda/Id, From Software, Koei Tecmo, and Microsoft entirely for Mii costumes, especially when three of those companies don't have anything in the base game. (Koei Tecmo has Fatal Frame, I think)

I sincerely doubt that Nintendo made the ads, but seeing as Mii costumes don't have individual pages on the Smash website, the idea that they're Mii costumes doesn't seem to work.
Microsoft doesn't have a rep yet. But I easily see a banjo costume along with another ms character. (As much as that thought pains me)
Fromsolf doesn't have a rep, but would namco count? They have pac-man and they publish souls games.
Im trying to consider possibilities outside of "a faker did it."

Edit: wait are the ads for the fighter pass specifically, or just ultimate in general? If it's the former, then I take back what I said about mii costumes

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I really think the Google Leak might be credible but I don't want to be burned again like with the Grinch

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
The first one is yes. At their base a web advertisement especially on Google are just hyperlinks. Their sole purpose is to redirect users onto your website so they hopefully buy whatever it is that makes you money. You don't have provide proof of owning a domain to make an ad so you can link whatever website you want. In fact if I remember correctly when Push tried to show how it could be faked he linked to Smash website.
In that case I see zero reason to believe this wasn't faked. I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that these advertisements actually belong to Nintendo.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Hey, everyone. I've been lurking for forever. Like for about 300 pages. I'd always check up on the thread and see anything new. Finally decided to make an account.

Same. Glad I'm not the only one who got that feeling. I mostly watch Switchforce and Arlo now at this point (in regards to Nintendo news).

Fromsolf doesn't have a rep, but would namco count? They have pac-man and they publish souls games.
FromSoft self-published Dark Souls 1-3 in Japan. Bamco had nothing to do with them there, afaik. It's a FromSoft IP so I wouldn't really attach it to Bamco.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think you'll all be pleased at how well our boys did in this
I'd say that's a pretty solid top twenty, honestly. I'm not familiar with Shantae, and I'd prefer other Microsoft/Capcom characters over Steve and Phoenix Wright, but I'd be fine if most of those characters made it into Smash.

Also, I'm glad to see that the first place character won with roughly 500 more votes than the character who came in second - it really shows how supported they are, even in a poll that's as heavily divided as this one is.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think you'll all be pleased at how well our boys did in this

Kazooie's a dude ?!?!

(Just kidding)

In all seriousness though they pretty much left the competition in the dust seeing how over 500 points seperates them from #2 Bandana Dee (Who I'm cool with) But it's really great to see how heavy their demand is in pretty much every poll we have seen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom