• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie
Ryu Hayabusa
Artorias of the Abyss
Doom Slayer

Together, they are the BRAD Alliance.

*BRAD Theme Song*

"Obvious" sounds just like Nintendo.
So, fun fact, my real name is actually Brad lmfao so this is both hilarious and awesome! I hope that means we’re gonna be very happy come E3!

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
What's up guys! Been following this thread for a couple months now and enjoying Mr. Sakurai's wild ride. I know how passionate you all are. I love it. As a K. Rool supporter I know how it feels to be constantly told how stupid your choices are, how irrelevant your character is, blah blah. You're guaranteed to have the last laugh if you don't lose faith (I mean, just look what it did for my tubby Kroc), and you aren't the only ones supporting the bear and bird. I know dozens and dozens of casual Smash fans that would love to see these two make it. Oh yes, they exist. I'll be rooting for you guys, because I say with 100% certainty they're making it in. Ciao, and Guh-huh!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Now that Banjo is basically confirmed. I can move on to my next top picks. Scrooge McDuck and Darkwing Duck.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean it connects these characters together. Whatevers going on, these 4 characters are involved. By framing, I am saying that the Brad 4 are more significant than ever.

This **** is making my head hurt.
Oh, okay then. Still not enough to make me believe this. *gives him headache medicine* Here, you'll need this.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Looks like these are some interesting developments going on with this Google Theory...! Only about another month to go to see whether or not it'll be true or not, but if this is true, then this will be one really diverse DLC pack -
One of my most wanted characters from my favourite RPG series - (still crying for Isaac and Golden Sun to get another chance) - Joker, and one I never thought really had the chance to actually be playable at all, but here he is...
The Bird and Bear who were a part of my childhood growing up, playing games on the N64...
One of the founding fathers of the FPS genre and a badass who doesn't stop being awesome..

One of the last standing third-party NES heroes alongside the days of brutal platformers like Mega Man and Castlevania...
And another surprise dark horse character from another famous RPG franchise.

I'm still going to view this with cautious optimism after suffering from Grinch Traumatic Stress Hoaxes, but it's going to be an interesting time in the lead-up to E3.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There is seriously nothing wrong with those picks. I know it's a matter of opinion put it's a pretty rock solid line up with someone for everyone.

I can really see each of them being ballot picks. Each are really popular characters.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
These developments seem very interesting. Never thought negative keywords would be a thing lol. I'm starting to consider this as a serious slip up a little more, but the "too good to be true" factor is still too high for me to go all in.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I'd like to say something about the Google theory. Now, the Grinch leak did have plenty of evidence against it as there was evidence for it, and the so called "insiders" mostly said it was fake. But so far, compared to the Grinch leak, the Google theory seems to have more in favor of it than against it, with all the recent findings and all, and no one who is an "insider" has said much or anything against it. So unlike the Grinch leak, this Google theory has more merit so far.

Not saying the Google theory is real, nor do I really believe in it, I am just saying.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So who do you think the Banjo-Kazooie spirits will be? What renders will they use?

Banjo's Fighter Spirit is a given, but let's assume there will be around 10 Banjo spirits on the board. I'm thinking:

-Bottles
-Gruntilda
-Clanker
-Jinjos (Imagine a group of five different colored Jinjos. This would be a very powerful Legendary spirit)
-Snorkel
-Captain Blubber
-Klungo
-Mumbo
-Dingpot the cauldron
-Zubba

Of course, it will be very exciting to see how these spirit battles play out
i imagine Conga,Humba,Grunty's Sisters,.L.O.G., and the Gruntbots in there too(though the gruntbots might not happen)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm leaning towards team real, but I'm keeping my mind open otherwise.
I'm with you, I'm having more hope for the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies' chances than in years but I'll be holding my breath in anticipation until they get officially revealed by Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sakurai. This is gonna be an interesting couple of weeks leading to E3...

Looks like these are some interesting developments going on with this Google Theory...! Only about another month to go to see whether or not it'll be true or not, but if this is true, then this will be one really diverse DLC pack -
One of my most wanted characters from my favourite RPG series - (still crying for Isaac and Golden Sun to get another chance) - Joker, and one I never thought really had the chance to actually be playable at all, but here he is...
The Bird and Bear who were a part of my childhood growing up, playing games on the N64...
One of the founding fathers of the FPS genre and a badass who doesn't stop being awesome..
One of the last standing third-party NES heroes alongside the days of brutal platformers like Mega Man and Castlevania...
And another surprise dark horse character from another famous RPG franchise.

I'm still going to view this with cautious optimism after suffering from Grinch Traumatic Stress Hoaxes, but it's going to be an interesting time in the lead-up to E3.
Thanks for putting all these choices in perspective! Other than Banjo & Kazooie who I'm obviously biased towards, I had little to no interest in any of these other choices. But you're completely right all these characters have something important and interesting to offer to Smash. If Banjo & Kazooie are a part of it, I'm completely okay with this roster. Hopefully it'll please a lot of people if it turns out to be true.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
What's up guys! Been following this thread for a couple months now and enjoying Mr. Sakurai's wild ride. I know how passionate you all are. I love it. As a K. Rool supporter I know how it feels to be constantly told how stupid your choices are, how irrelevant your character is, blah blah. You're guaranteed to have the last laugh if you don't lose faith (I mean, just look what it did for my tubby Kroc), and you aren't the only ones supporting the bear and bird. I know dozens and dozens of casual Smash fans that would love to see these two make it. Oh yes, they exist. I'll be rooting for you guys, because I say with 100% certainty they're making it in. Ciao, and Guh-huh!
Welcome Aboard !!!, I have said it before and will say it again, It's really great to see so much overlap between DK/King K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie fanbase, No surprise since they are part of the Donkey Kong Universe and are forever connected because of Rareware, A lot of us here were big supporters for the big Kroc (My 2nd most wanted after BK) and when he finally got in we noticed big flock of K. Rool supporters jump over here and that's when our thread really took off.

I lost my mind when King K. Rool finally got revealed and will love to relive it all over again with Banjo-Kazooie.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You know how it's been said that no one really knows anything about the DLC? And you know how no insiders have come out against Google yet? It's because they can't because they don't know. Tansuit and Verge are so set on Erdrick so of course they are going to say it's fake. But everyone else is staying silent about it .

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You know how it's been said that no one really knows anything about the DLC? And you know how no insiders have come out against Google yet? It's because they can't because they don't know. Tansuit and Verge are so set on Erdrick so of course they are going to say it's fake. But everyone else is staying silent about it .
Meanwhile, the Grinch had to fight his way to the front of the line before insiders denied him access, leaving him to hang on tight until Box Theory dragged him away. Google Theory is just dancing around happily.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Mind those two, especially Verge. He is just a jerk anyways. Plus, he has been wrong before, so he can be wrong again.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have a knife and 20 cups of coffee. And if any of you decide to get in my way of getting a Banjo amiibo I am not scared of using it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have a knife and 20 cups of coffee. And if any of you decide to get in my way of getting a Banjo amiibo I am not scared of using it.
I managed to win throughout the 2015 days (especially wave 4, when I only wanted :4pacman: and Inkling Girl) so I think I can survive this amiibo.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
What are the insiders saying on this Google Theory? They were very vocally against the Grinch Leak

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What are the insiders saying on this Google Theory? They were very vocally against the Grinch Leak
Either they don't know anything or they can't say anything because the Google Theory may be right after all and they know it.

D

Deleted member

I'm leaning towards team real, but I'm keeping my mind open otherwise.
Im actually surprised you are on team real. I myself im leaning towards fake, but im gonna be open about it beign the other way around ( i mean this is a decent line up so im okay with it for the most part if only for Banjo and Ryu)

That's actually quite the interesing point. But then again insiders will probably come and say it's fake even if they don't know the full picture.

So you want to get in my way of havin' a Banjo amiibo?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well let's keep in mind E3 Direct is still a bit under a month away. Once we get to about a week away all the insiders will have seen the E3 direct early or know someone who has. So yeah still a game of waiting.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I see I have a lot of people willing to get in my way. 1v1 me on Twisted Mountain. No items. Banjo only. We will see who truly deserves that amiibo.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Even though I see people scratching their heads over Artorias and Hayabusa, this would be a legit solid lineup if this ended up being true

Two New Generation Reps
Three Old Generation Reps

Joker: Protagonist of what's considered to be the greatest modern era RPG

Artorias: Fan favorite from a new and affluent Japanese IP that influenced a bunch of western games

Banjo: Mascot of the N64 and the face of 3D platformers of that era

Doomslayer: The grandfather of all FPS

Ryu Hayabusa: Deep roots within the NES era; some consider him to be the one missing NES character from the roster

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Insiders? I'm betting on them not knowing anything in advance if Joker is any indication. I doubt it will be another Grinch scenario in that way.

I like this theory because, so far, we're allowed to have fun with it. I feel like most of us are holding on for a Banjo reveal at E3 regardless, so its nice to see something come up that supports him and some other really cool character choices.

One things for sure... IF this is real... Reggie sure wasnt kidding about these fighters being unexpected. Doom Slayer and Artorias? That's just silly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Im actually surprised you are on team real. I myself im leaning towards fake, but im gonna be open about it beign the other way around ( i mean this is a decent line up so im okay with it for the most part if only for Banjo and Ryu)
Considering the points brought up, I'm having a hard time believing it's a faker. I don't discount it being possible either.

I'd suggest reading more of MonkeyDLenny's posts to help explain why.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
All these developments...

The Guh-huh plot thickens. I will say that I'm not on either side right now. I just want the real deal with Banjo & Kazooie for my eyes to see for myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom