• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
The Google Theory has entered a new chapter today, the keywords in the adds have apparently been removed. It wasn't Google because the adds were reported a week ago and nothing changed according to people more familiar than I am with how Google works that's too long. Over the past few days the adds went through periods of working and not working slowly as if someone was editing them. Today the adds keywords seem to have been removed totally all except Joker. This means Nintendo had to have been fixing them and changed the keywords.

It's looking realistic. .. obviously you don't want to back it 100% but it seems pretty legit. Even the skeptics in the chat are having second thoughts on their stance.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So can someone tell me more about this leak? I'm just now hearing about this
It's that some users noticed certain characters brought up an ad for the Smash pass. Artorias from Dark Souls, Banjo, Doomguy, Ryu Hyubusa, and of course Joker. So the theory is that those ads were placed prematurely and therefore reveals the pass. Though the ads could have been placed by someone independent of Nintendo to mislead the community. Now we are at the part where we wait for an official Nintendo reveal to destroy or confirm the theory.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The Google Theory has entered a new chapter today, the keywords in the adds have apparently been removed. It wasn't Google because the adds were reported a week ago and nothing changed according to people more familiar than I am with how Google works that's too long. Over the past few days the adds went through periods of working and not working slowly as if someone was editing them. Today the adds keywords seem to have been removed totally all except Joker. This means Nintendo had to have been fixing them and changed the keywords.

It's looking realistic. .. obviously you don't want to back it 100% but it seems pretty legit. Even the skeptics in the chat are having second thoughts on their stance.
Or Google is just getting around to changing something later on that they didn’t initially care about or prioritize. Or Nintendo became aware and had them take the ads down to make sure people weren’t spreading false stuff.

My biggest problem with this theory and it’s reliance on a specific set of circumstances with Google. Could it be a mistake? Sure. Anything can happen. But Google’s a massive entity with tons of little variables that could cause any number of results. The Google search engine tools themselves are problematic on multiple levels well beyond Smash. The fact that people could not consistently repeat their results with Google searches also completely nullifies this theory. If you’re going to be able to present some sort of stance on this theory based upon a Scientific Method relies on consistent reproductions of your method. It’s certainly interesting to say that only these five characters show up with Smash DLC, but it also feels like a stretch to jump to this is out DLC lineup from that when, again, there are so many factors that could influence this situation which is relatively minor for Google too. There’s just way too many unknowns.

And I genuinely say this as someone who would be ecstatic with this lineup because I absolutely love Banjo Kazooie, Doom, and Dark Souls. And Ryu Hayabusa is the perhaps the most well known NES icon not currently in Smash, with only Dragon Quest as a franchise being the other major IP that seems missing from Smash to truly be the pantheon of NES era IPs if
you will. I definitely want it to be true (though I’d much prefer Solaire or Gwyn to represent Dark Souls, but oh well).

Polan

Smash Lord

or the person who threw those keywords up is taking them down because ****s expensive and throwing away hundreds of dollars to goof on the smash community is a bit too much.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
We'll find out soon enough if they were fake or not, but it's unlikely Google nor Nintendo will say anything directly. The best we'll get is the ads being put back up if it's real. Obviously they'll stay gone if it's fake.
According to Papagenos, the people regularly checking these names have witnessed the names working again then once again not. He describes it as "blackout periods"
If anyone is wondering, Papagenos isn't convinced the theory is true but he definitely finds it interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
According to Papagenos, the people regularly checking these names have witnessed the names working again then once again not. He describes it as "blackout periods"
If anyone is wondering, Papagenos isn't convinced the theory is true but he definitely finds it interesting.
Interesting to know.

Though I can't really come to much of a conclusion here of what's going on. Well beyond my scope right now. All it at best might be saying is Google didn't remove them. Kind of weird, though. This does however make it more clear what's going on, as I couldn't parse an earlier post saying ideally the same thing. Now I see why people think it might be leaning towards real.

Thanks for explaining that a bit better. :)

or the person who threw those keywords up is taking them down because ****s expensive and throwing away hundreds of dollars to goof on the smash community is a bit too much.
Actually, do they have to continuously pay for the ads or is it a one-time payment?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Interesting to know.

Though I can't really come to much of a conclusion here of what's going on. Well beyond my scope right now. All it at best might be saying is Google didn't remove them. Kind of weird, though. This does however make it more clear what's going on, as I couldn't parse an earlier post saying ideally the same thing. Now I see why people think it might be leaning towards real.

Thanks for explaining that a bit better. :)

Actually, do they have to continuously pay for the ads or is it a one-time payment?
From what I have found. You pay for every click + cost of the keywords.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah if this was being done by some lone wolf. They are loaded with money.
If this costs a lot of money, I can imagine whoever is doing this may be bankrupt before they get sued by Nintendo and other companies with their expensive characters, if they are found out. For that reason, I say making this Google ad leak was not a good idea to begin with if you don't have enough money for Nintendo suing or the ads to keep alive.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah if this was being done by some lone wolf. They are loaded with money.
I'm going to make sure I have the situation right, at least for what you're saying, then;

He pays for the ads. Nintendo(and other companies appropriately) make money off of these ads, but he doesn't. Is that right? (You can just Like my post if it's right, and reply back with an explanation if I'm wrong if you prefer).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm going to make sure I have the situation right, at least for what you're saying, then;

He pays for the ads. Nintendo(and other companies appropriately) make money off of these ads, but he doesn't. Is that right? (You can just Like my post if it's right, and reply back with an explanation if I'm wrong if you prefer).
I think it's the guy places the ad. And then he pays everytime someone clicks on the ad. Which is normally $1-$2 per click plus the cost of the keywords. So it's constantly being paid for. Stop paying and the ad goes down. I think the only one being paid in this situation is Google.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's the guy places the ad. And then he pays everytime someone clicks on the ad. Which is normally $1-$2 per click plus the cost of the keywords. So it's constantly being paid for. Stop paying and the ad goes down. I think the only one being paid in this situation is Google.
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining it. This would easily explain the "blackouts". He doesn't pay for a bit, it doesn't come up.

Yeah, this one's in the air for me.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Let's not forget the datamined Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini spirits. They were likely scrapped in favor of Banjo-Kazooie spirits; I could see Snorkel up there on the Spirit Board come June

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let's not forget the datamined Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini spirits. They were likely scrapped in favor of Banjo-Kazooie spirits; I could see Snorkel up there on the Spirit Board come June
I can't wait to use you as a spirit in the game. I wonder what your abilities will be? :troll:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would love Snorkel on there, I would assume the closest ones to represent him would be Greninja or maybe a Blue Yoshi ?

I would also love Conga and Chimpy represented by Donkey and Diddy Kong, Couldn't ask for a better fit.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Based and Dolphinpilled

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Here's a screencap I compiled

1557880126841.png

EDIT:
1557881148102.png

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
"Frames"? Forgive me, but what does that mean?
I mean it connects these characters together. Whatevers going on, these 4 characters are involved. By framing, I am saying that the Brad 4 are more significant than ever.

This **** is making my head hurt.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
At the very least, it's a fun theory to speculate and hold us over until e3. If I had a nickle for every time this thread was like: "Ugh this info drought amirite?" I'd have enough money to buy banjo's ip and make my own game.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
This theory is like a dark souls boss. You kill it and think it's over, but then it reveals it has multiple phases.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Nintendo: "They're looking at our Google Ads to determine the roster... Little do they realize they've activated our TRAP CARD!"

1557881601862.png

D

Deleted member

At the very least, it's a fun theory to speculate and hold us over until e3. If I had a nickle for every time this thread was like: "Ugh this info drought amirite?" I'd have enough money to buy banjo's ip and make my own game.
It's like the Grinch Hoax except it's not gonna be as heartbreaking once it turns out to be fake since it hasn't spread that much.

Nintendo: "Pay no attention to the characters behind the curtain."
"These aren't the characters you are looking for"

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
So who do you think the Banjo-Kazooie spirits will be? What renders will they use?

Banjo's Fighter Spirit is a given, but let's assume there will be around 10 Banjo spirits on the board. I'm thinking:

-Bottles
-Gruntilda
-Clanker
-Jinjos (Imagine a group of five different colored Jinjos. This would be a very powerful Legendary spirit)
-Snorkel
-Captain Blubber
-Klungo
-Mumbo
-Dingpot the cauldron
-Zubba

Of course, it will be very exciting to see how these spirit battles play out

Top Bottom