• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Anybody else hope that the Xbox Live version of Banjo Kazooie would make it to the Switch store? I find it easier than the original version haha, which would be the one on Rare Replay.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Ideally, BK would come with a toggle on Rare Replay should it come to Switch. Something like

>Original Mode: lose Notes upon death
>HD Mode: keep Notes upon death

I'd be an original moder myself (I can't help it, I'm a masochist at heart). Hopefully there could be subtle aesthetic differences as well, like OM reverting back to the N64 and Nintendo iconography and HD keeping the Microsoft stuff. Can't say I expect something like that though.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the HD mode had a glitch to make you permently loss notes so you could never 100% the game I prefer original

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
the HD mode had a glitch to make you permently loss notes so you could never 100% the game I prefer original
WAIT WHAT??

So I'm not Crazy! I was missing 4 notes on Click Clock wood and could never 100% the game (or get the Achievement) because of that! I had a strategy guide and everything trying to track those last 4 notes down.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
WAIT WHAT??

So I'm not Crazy! I was missing 4 notes on Click Clock wood and could never 100% the game (or get the Achievement) because of that! I had a strategy guide and everything trying to track those last 4 notes down.
Did you play Bottles’ Picture Game before collecting all the notes?

Because that’s how the glitch happened.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Did you play Bottles’ Picture Game before collecting all the notes?

Because that’s how the glitch happened.
Probably honestly, Last time I played the XBLA version was like 2010 or so, welp, I know what I'm gonna do now.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I've looked at this thread for some time now and i think it's time for me to join the fun.

I always supported the idea of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash but never got my hopes up to high (you know, because Microsoft and competitors in the industry and stuff) but now...It really looks like it could happen.

I just recently 100% both Kazooie and Tooie (it's been a while since my last 100% of Tooie) and man...it was a blast.
I even picked up my old grey DS (i haven't played on that thing since the 3DS came out) to play Banjo-Pilot, which is still a solid game. I really need to pick up Gruntys Revenge in the near future and i promised myself that if Rare Replay finds its way to the Switch, that Nuts & Bolts would be the first game i would play. I really want to play and judge it by myself.

So yeah. Banjo-Kazooie for Smash. The Duo ist pretty much my No. 2 on my Most Wanted-List (1. is Elma from Xenoblade X)
I really hope for a possible reveal at E3...This is going to be a looooong month.

D

Deleted member

Idk if you would agree with this (likley not) but someone made a theory for banjo being brave
68E5FC30-C8EC-4167-BA95-E89C43514102.png

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Idk if you would agree with this (likley not) but someone made a theory for banjo being braveView attachment 216004
I don’t buy it honestly. They say “banjos are brave in folklore” but don’t list any examples. Then they talk about cards and Arthur Conan Doyle? None of those things really connect in my mind.

Essentially it says Brave is Banjo because of *insert nondescript reasoning here* and height. Doesn’t really equate imo.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah this is the very first time I have heard that the instrument Banjo can be connected to being Brave in folklore. I need some examples to believe that.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Idk if you would agree with this (likley not) but someone made a theory for banjo being braveView attachment 216004
What folklore are they referring too? I've studied folklore myths and legends from all over the world and I've never heard anything about Banjo's being considered brave in any folklore, lutes have popped up in some celtic myths and we're said to inspire bravery in hunters or warriors... but Banjo's?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What folklore are they referring too? I've studied folklore myths and legends from all over the world and I've never heard anything about Banjo's being considered brave in any folklore, lutes have popped up in some celtic myths and we're said to inspire bravery in hunters or warriors... but Banjo's?
Might be referring to bears?

I know, I know, there’s the Disney/Pixar film...

But it’s based on a myth called the Bear and the Bow...

Though I admit that’s as far as I could research but I found nothing on why banjos are brave.

D

Deleted member

Though I admit that’s as far as I could research but I found nothing on why banjos are brave.
Eh...it was worth sharing anyway.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

That would make waaaaay more sense, Maybe the Brave = Bear connection is because of the Disney movie xD Sakurai just love's Disney and we don't know it.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I love it! Bought the gold coin AND the pin set.
Yeah I was trying to share it with the actual tweet on display on this page but didn't know how to do it. Just think those are really cool and its interesting to see Blast Corps has a pin, even though I think we put a pin on the whole datamine thing of Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini, but still really cool to see them promoting Banjo-Kazooie. Hopefully all this promotional stuff is going somewhere grand...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't think it really makes sense to just have general Rare spirits with a Banjo Kazooie character drop. Joker's spirits didn't really go outside of Persona 5 even, so while Banjo may get more form different games by nature in the event of his inclusion, the precedent Joker sets is a fairly limited range of Spirit choices. At best I could see maybe Conker since he has a few more connections... But I think the characters we get will come with Spirit Boards that for the most part stay in the lane of their franchises and maybe even the specific game chosen from said franchises where the games function more independently.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Well going to ask this here, since im coming out of lurking who else saw the PapaGenos video? The "leak" is kinda out there but it makes me hopefull.
-edit- lol not the only one

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I don't think it really makes sense to just have general Rare spirits with a Banjo Kazooie character drop. Joker's spirits didn't really go outside of Persona 5 even, so while Banjo may get more form different games by nature in the event of his inclusion, the precedent Joker sets is a fairly limited range of Spirit choices. At best I could see maybe Conker since he has a few more connections... But I think the characters we get will come with Spirit Boards that for the most part stay in the lane of their franchises and maybe even the specific game chosen from said franchises where the games function more independently.
I’d be okay with just Banjo-Kazooie-specific Spirits for DLC, although they really should’ve made spirits for Atlus to go with Joker, it would’ve been a nice way to promote other games, I for one would’ve loved a Snowboard Kids Spirit lol. It’d be nice if we got other Rare games promoted as Spirits but I think you’re right about the DLC fighters having Spirits only related to their games and not their companies.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I’d be okay with just Banjo-Kazooie-specific Spirits for DLC, although they really should’ve made spirits for Atlus to go with Joker, it would’ve been a nice way to promote other games, I for one would’ve loved a Snowboard Kids Spirit lol. It’d be nice if we got other Rare games promoted as Spirits but I think you’re right about the DLC fighters having Spirits only related to their games and not their companies.
Maybe they can add Rare Characters in a Spirit Event without messing up the Banjo Kazooie Themed Board as a bonus.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Really weird leak

Probably take with a grain of salt but still
Well going to ask this here, since im coming out of lurking who else saw the PapaGenos video? The "leak" is kinda out there but it makes me hopefull.
-edit- lol not the only one
Well if these dates lines up then we may have something. Funny how a common insult Banjo-haters use is calling them a "Cereal Box Mascot". Imagine my sides if this leak turns up true. They call B-K a Duckhunt clone; turns out their model is based on Duck-Hunt. Call them a "Cereal Box Mascot"; turns out a leak detailing Tetris Cereal is correct. Is it possible that reality is twisting for maximum dunkage on the haters?
1550099235319.jpg

God I hope so.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, gotta agree with yall. I'm takin this like every other leak with a large grain of salt. But if Donkey Kong Jr. releases on the 7th or even the tetris cereal is released between now and e3, I think we may have something here. Until then I refuse to believe it unless it comes from Nintendo themselves.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just like to remember the Dante leak with every leak I read. You can make up BS stuff in a leak and mix it up with real stuff in order to make it believable, it's not that hard really. I would only believe the part I care about a leak whenever that part is actually confirmed.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie... I would buy the **** out of tetris cereal

If they can somehow get the pieces to stick together, I'm buying stocks.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm hearing the cereal leak is fake, and that apparently it was someone in Sabi's Discord that did it

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm hearing the cereal leak is fake, and that apparently it was someone in Sabi's Discord that did it
Apparently yes. Not that it has any relevancy from which server is, that person is on other servers as well at the same time.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I will buy every box of Tetris cereal. Don't mess with me on this.

Also just something to keep in mind anyone can claim to have ownership over a leak. Remember that one guy who claimed he completely orchestrated the entire Grinch leak? Unless the guy has solid proof he did create it let's see where this goes.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I wouldn't count on that leak, sadly. Just a feeling.
It is odd how the details seem so scattered across different places. A physical merch leak with some Digital products and a DLC leak? Seems too shotgunned to be real. Still, we gotta wait for the dates to pan out if it is to be given any sort of time.
Edit: NVM it's fake and gay. lol

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol seems like May fake leaks are starting to get people already, and we are still weeks away from E3… come on guys lol

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Damn that's disappointing. No cereal.

I mean, no banjo is a bummer I guess

But the cereal tho

D

Deleted member

Meh. who needs cereal anyways?

We have Microsoft insiders.

And that smash4 leaker somehow

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom