• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Man, I’ve kind of went nuts recently. I genuinely have no idea who’s getting in as DLC and the anticipation is killing me

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/454238943/fax-on-smash-dlc

i know its 4chan so its obviously just garbage but I'm posting this anyway.

The idea that they would be announced and then not available until September would be torture.
I'd be totally okay with that, it'd only be three months after they got announced and it'd make me that much more excited to finally have them where they belong. We've been waiting long enough anyways, if they got announced, I'd be on cloud nine and willing to wait however long it would take to make them perfect for Smash. As long as they got in and got in with a bang! Only problem I would have with this DLC is it would be kinda of a bummer to have only one 'cartoony' character with all these serious anime characters. It'd be nice if Rayman, Crash, or Spyro got announced at some point along with Banjo & Kazooie. But if that one character is Banjo & Kazooie and they were confirmed to be in as perfectly close to being represented from their games as humanly possible, I'd literally have no complaints.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd be totally okay with that, it'd only be three months after they got announced and it'd make me that much more excited to finally have them where they belong. We've been waiting long enough anyways, if they got announced, I'd be on cloud nine and willing to wait however long it would take to make them perfect for Smash. As long as they got in and got in with a bang! Only problem I would have with this DLC is it would be kinda of a bummer to have only one 'cartoony' character with all these serious anime characters. It'd be nice if Rayman, Crash, or Spyro got announced at some point along with Banjo & Kazooie. But if that one character is Banjo & Kazooie and they were confirmed to be in as perfectly close to being represented from their games as humanly possible, I'd literally have no complaints.
"serious" "Joker"

"anime" "Heihachi"

...did I miss the joke?

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
"serious" "Joker"

"anime" "Heihachi"

...did I miss the joke?
Talking about the style of the characters, osby. I love that you only comment and reply to things when they seem to offend you lol. But honestly, if Banjo made it in, I’d have no complaints about any of the other characters in the challenger pass whoever they may be.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Talking about the style of the characters, osby.
But Joker's style is not serious, it's super campy if anything.

I guess Heihachi's design is animesque on-paper, but it's rendered very realistically. Is that what you mean by serious?

you only comment and reply to things when they seem to offend you lol.
Not really, I'm not particularly offended.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
But Joker's style is not serious, it's super campy if anything.

I guess Heihachi's design is animesque on-paper, but it's rendered very realistically. Is that what you mean by serious?
Joker has a design that's very 'anime' in nature and Heihachi is very serious looking, but I don't have a problem with him honestly, since he's a big fighter representative. And this is all going off of a 'leak' that's definitely not real so the point is moot anyways, lol, I just hope the fighter pass has a variety of characters of different designs and styles, not just 'anime' and 'serious'. All the DLC newcomer fighters from Sm4sh were like that, so I hope we get some variety this time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Joker has a design that's very 'anime' in nature and Heihachi is very serious looking, but I don't have a problem with him honestly, since he's a big fighter representative. And this is all going off of a 'leak' that's definitely not real so the point is moot anyways, lol, I just hope the fighter pass has a variety of characters of different designs and styles, not just 'anime' and 'serious'. All the DLC newcomer fighters from Sm4sh were like that, so I hope we get some variety this time.
It seems we have different definitions of what 'anime' and 'serious' means because I think Bayonetta is neither.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It seems we have different definitions of what 'anime' and 'serious' means because I think Bayonetta is neither.
Ha! Well, I don't know what to tell you, we just have differing tastes when it comes to style, I guess! I seem to recall you came to this particular thread not really getting why Banjo & Kazooie were interesting, presumably because of their style or something. That's like me with Joker. I'm happy for people that got him in, like you I'm sure were happy when he was announced, but he doesn't do a thing for me and his series never did anything for me either. So that's why I'm here on the Banjo thread and not in the Joker thread talking wise lol I'll be happy to learn more about him when he comes out as DLC! But until then, I'm hoping we get more variety in styles and genres of characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The actual point to gleam from this is: cartoon creature good, human being badong.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh it's really good and i think he did an amazing job. But this looks more like as if the original B-K artwork was the crazy high school kid and this artwork looks as if he went to college, matured and got a job. YOu know what i'm saying?
Kotaku is not that smart of a site, that's to be expected.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ha! Well, I don't know what to tell you, we just have differing tastes when it comes to style, I guess! I seem to recall you came to this particular thread not really getting why Banjo & Kazooie were interesting, presumably because of their style or something. That's like me with Joker. I'm happy for people that got him in, like you I'm sure were happy when he was announced, but he doesn't do a thing for me and his series never did anything for me either. So that's why I'm here on the Banjo thread and not in the Joker thread talking wise lol I'll be happy to learn more about him when he comes out as DLC! But until then, I'm hoping we get more variety in styles and genres of characters.
I think I shoul be more clear: I don't care what you think about certain characters, I just think dumping very different designs and art directions into one poorly worded category is not a good way to look at diversity.

I'm indeed not a fan of Banjo's design (Kazooie is cool) or how his games look but that doesn't prevent me from liking other platform games with animal protagonists.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I think I shoul be more clear: I don't care what you think about certain characters, I just think dumping very different designs and art directions into one poorly worded category is not a good way to look at diversity.

I'm indeed not a fan of Banjo's design (Kazooie is cool) or how his games look but that doesn't prevent me from liking other platform games with animal protagonists.
Meh, let's just agree to disagree and move on then.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Thought I would share this.

https://kotaku.com/fans-imagine-a-new-look-for-banjo-kazooie-1833139283

I could see this for a potential modern look for our duo.
Banjo's 3D model face looks a bit off, maybe his face isn't long enough but the 3D model of Kazooie looks great. From what I've noticed about Kazooie fan art is that it seems like artists prefer drawing classic Kazooie with the N&B feather mohawk (which is my favorite design for her), or artists just like drawing her N&B design with classic Banjo. Of course I don't mean all fan artists draw N&B Kazooie with N64 Banjo, but there seems to be a good amount of art with this combo/pairing. Or maybe my bias is only letting me see what I want to see since I prefer traits of N64 Banjo and N&B Kazooie's designs.

I can't speak for all Bear and Bird fans when it comes to their preferred designs and how they should look like in a future project, but how would you guys feel if Rare, or Sakurai took elements from both N64 and N&B designs in order to create a new look for them? And how would you guys personally want them to look, besides an HD version of the classic Banjo-Kazooie design?

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Banjo's 3D model face looks a bit off, maybe his face isn't long enough but the 3D model of Kazooie looks great. From what I've noticed about Kazooie fan art is that it seems like artists prefer drawing classic Kazooie with the N&B feather mohawk (which is my favorite design for her), or artists just like drawing her N&B design with classic Banjo. Of course I don't mean all fan artists draw N&B Kazooie with N64 Banjo, but there seems to be a good amount of art with this combo/pairing. Or maybe my bias is only letting me see what I want to see since I prefer traits of N64 Banjo and N&B Kazooie's designs.

I can't speak for all Bear and Bird fans when it comes to their preferred designs and how they should look like in a future project, but how would you guys feel if Rare, or Sakurai took elements from both N64 and N&B designs in order to create a new look for them? And how would you guys personally want them to look, besides an HD version of the classic Banjo-Kazooie design?
The only gripe I had with the N&B design was how square and angular Banjo looked. The square nose was super off putting too. I didn't mind Kazooie's design though. I'd say stick with the N&B proportions but smooth things out and round him out to look more fleshed out. I do like the concept of Banjo's clothing having a slight patchwork design. The one thing that really made the N&B design stand out was that it really conveyed that Kazooie was a girl with her eyelashes. Slight bits of detail like that are fine so long as the core design remains consistent.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

I always liked the renders of Banjo & Kazooie on promotional stuff like on the box art and strategy guides and what not, so if we could get HD versions of those with some flourishes from Nuts n' Bolts like Banjo's little quaff of hair sticking more out, the stitching and detail on his pants and backback, and Kazooie's feathers, I'd be happy with that.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
This is the duo's quintessential design for smash imo
View attachment 197865
SeanHicksArt and BluePaintSea pretty much nailed it for me but I wouldn't mind Banjo wearing his N&B attire while not looking blocky and small eyed (those creepy small N&B eyes). And while I have no problems with classic Kazooie, I personally like how her very feathery/ruffled N&B design compliments her savage personality.

D

Deleted member

What if Banjo literally smashed the opponent with his Banjo in the charged forward Smash?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
https://wccftech.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-more-than-6-dlc/

This may not be important to Banjo, Okay it is important but it doesn't mention ba.....forget it it's something interesting.

What I dont get is why put it on Game Pass if Minecraft has literally been on eveything that can plug into a screen? Seems a bit redundant if you ask me.
i know right, at this point minecraft has been on every console that there's no point in throwing it in a game pass.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
https://wccftech.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-more-than-6-dlc/

This may not be important to Banjo, Okay it is important but it doesn't mention ba.....forget it it's something interesting.
Unfortunately, this is still just a rumor, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt, especially since the article itself mentions that those slots may or may not get used depending on how well the current Pass sells. If this does end up happening, though, I'd be completely fine with that! Especially since the 15 remaining slots seems to suggest they're reserving at least two more Fighter Passes.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Wasn't there an image going around that showed how many more characters they could hypothetically add and still have the character select screen be a perfect rectangle? I swear it might have been around 15-16 more characters. I forgot if it was made before the final smash direct or not.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I’ve always said that they would be crazy to not do more fighters passes. Knowing how insanely well Smash Ultimate has performed, I imagine the first fighters pass sold well enough to warrant additional ones in the future
And that depends on how well the 1st set of passes sells. Call me crazy here but if they really wanted them to sell well they would stick with fan favorite characters instead of shill picks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We still have no danged clue who is actually in the rest of the pass...

Heck, the main reason Joker is here is because Sak really, really, really likes his game.

I’ve always said that they would be crazy to not do more fighters passes. Knowing how insanely well Smash Ultimate has performed, I imagine the first fighters pass sold well enough to warrant additional ones in the future
I suspect that anything Ultimate would sell even if you put the game cart in a paper brown bag with a cut-out of the game's characters on it.

While voting with your wallet is an option, I'm honestly not sure how much it really affects anything when the highly-divisive Corrin came back with everyone anyway.

In any case, my absolute maximal estimate was three passes, so if this is true, it matches up with that theory. Certainly more reasonable than 29 characters. Also, in that article it kinda annoys me to see another instance of someone saying Ultimate doesn't reinvent the wheel gameplay-wise, the thing came out only 3 years after 4, whaddya expect to do in that timeframe.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Alright, so here's a question for you guys, who's going to get or have already gotten the Fighter Pass preordered? I'm curious and wondering whether or not I should purchase the Fighter Pass without knowing who is in the pass itself ahead of time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, so here's a question for you guys, who's going to get or have already gotten the Fighter Pass preordered? I'm curious and wondering whether or not I should purchase the Fighter Pass without knowing who is in the pass itself ahead of time.
Still don't have a Switch, so I'll most likely buy the characters after the fact.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
A 2nd Season fighters pass would only further increase Banjo-Kazooie's chances, You can only ignore top requested character like that for so long and from the looks of it Japan's running out of icon/big name characters since most of them are already in so at somepoint they would have no choice ,But look towards Western characters.

A 2nd Season pass is possible, But probably unlikely and while the install base is massive, I think It all depends on how well the the current pass sells along with individual characters sales and how much gas in the tank the team has left to further support creating and balancing newcomers.

andree123

Smash Ace
A 2nd Season pass is possible, But probably unlikely and while the install base is massive, I think It all depends on how well the the current pass sells along with individual characters sales and how much gas in the tank the team has left to further support creating and balancing newcomers.
If Banjo were to be in Season 1, that may possibly happen. Rareware is still silent about their IPs in smash, still like that but I'm still seeing Banjo getting a 99% chance of being playable.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i will get it if there is a character that will peek my interest , i'm trying to stay away from buying the entire pass just in case those rumors come true.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I bought the Fighter Pass the moment it became available.

Main reason is that I like having all fighters and stages available when possible, and I bought the bundle that included the game digitally + the Fighter Pass, so I got double Gold Points for it. Not like I'm cheap or anything.
I knew the Fighter Pass could disappoint me, but I decided to trust Sakurai, and since Joker is a pick I'm down with, it's so far so good for me.
I mean, for the record, this Fighter Pass doesn't have to have Banjo in order for it to be good at all... Banjo would just make it objectively the best it could be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm wary that the rest of the picks could very well disappoint me. I think we all know where we stand on that. It's probably smarter to wait and see if you've been burned by recent character reveals either way.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm not into marketing or business, but can someone explain to me why it's a good idea to allow people to buy the Fighter's Pass before the characters are even revealed?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Once Joker was announced, I bought it. I just needed at least some information. I had intended to buy it anyway, cause I want all the content.

Top Bottom