• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Polar believes that he has a source and isn't making things up, rather than believing everything he is saying.

Because, like I posted above, xenother has already predicted something incorrectly - he was wrong when he said that there would definitely be a January direct
yeah that's what I meant, that he's telling the truth instead of making stuff up.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Well let's not forget Veggie Brains biggest missteps:

-Saying that Minecraft content and SE rep were in the base game
-He never leaked or knew about K. Rool and would've ruined his track record if Loz18 hadn't stepped in and warned him that K. Rool was likely on the way.
-Minecraft boss in the game.
-SE rep would be the first DLC character.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well let's not forget Veggie Brains biggest missteps:

-Saying that Minecraft content and SE rep were in the base game
-He never leaked or knew about K. Rool and would've ruined his track record if Loz18 hadn't stepped in and warned him that K. Rool was likely on the way.
-Minecraft boss in the game.
-SE rep would be the first DLC character.
You forgot the echoes (except Ken) and Everyone is Here. No cuts really only applied to the Smash 4 characters.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I’m a little surprised I haven’t joined this board yet. I put Banjo Kazooie down as my second most wanted character back when I made my Smashboards account. I was a bit embarressed about it though, I only wanted him in Smash because bears are my favorite animal, and well, Banjo’s a bear. Strange, I know.

However, I recently bought a physical copy of Rare Replay for dirt cheap and decided that it was time to play through Banjo-Kazooie. And holy ****, I loved it. I had such a great time playing it. 100% that game was the most fun I’ve had with a collectathon in a very long time.

So, I believe I’ve redeemed myself. I want Banjo in smash, and this time it’s for real. (Also I’d like to be added to the supporter list if it’s not, y’know, too much trouble)

Last edited:

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Didn’t Vergeben say that there would be no new Donkey Kong characters or am I thinking of someone else.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Didn’t Vergeben say that there would be no new Donkey Kong characters or am I thinking of someone else.
IIRC he had that information but never publicly posted it because he was unsure. It was Loz81 that leaked a DM with him with that info.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I’m a little surprised I haven’t joined this board yet. I put Banjo Kazooie down as my second most wanted character back when I made my Smashboards account. I was a bit embarressed about it though, I only wanted him in Smash because bears are my favorite animal, and well, Banjo’s a bear. Strange, I know.

However, I recently bought a physical copy of Rare Replay for dirt cheap and decided that it was time to play through Banjo-Kazooie. And holy ****, I loved it. I had such a great time playing it. 100% that game was the most fun I’ve had with a collectathon in a very long time.

So, I believe I’ve redeemed myself. I want Banjo in smash, and this time it’s for real. (Also I’d like to be added to the supporter list if it’s not, y’know, too much trouble)
Nice to have you, bud. I was a Genobro as well, too bad about him though. Still I hold out hope that by some act of god he's put in as a fighter.

D

Deleted member

I am a Genobro too.

And I will always be a Genobro and a Nintenbro, and I am now a Banjobro

Last edited by a moderator:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah a LOT of "leakers" keept saying minecraft over & over & also saying NO banjo or being disssmisive of banjo yet rare IP data are in the base game

I really wonder if steve is actually leaker bait & they bite HARD on it ? we should go through a list with points for steve & points for banjo for & agains as well as a time line of when leakers said theings maybe we can find a pattern ? B/C somthing strange is going on with the leakers claming steve espesally with him being in "base game" as that dosn't add up at all with what sakurai has been saying about the games development

(PS I'm not bashing steve in this post I just thing we could find a time line of what leakers clamed at what times & what sakurai has been saying about development as steve could be a leaker bait or code name for banjo I mean rare stuff is in the game)

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
I find it suspicious that Phil Spencer, who was vocal about his support for Banjo at least 3 times between the Smash 4 DLC cycle and the week after "Smash for Switch" was announced, has been silent on Banjo since March.

Could just be because there is no Smash ballot this time

I find it suspicious that Phil Spencer, who was vocal about his support for Banjo at least 3 times between the Smash 4 DLC cycle and the week after "Smash for Switch" was announced, has been silent on Banjo since March.

Could just be because there is no Smash ballot this time
Not to mention Rare and anyone associated with them

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
At least I always have Phoenix Wright. There is no characters that have been leaked that are in competition with him unlike Banjo/Steve and Geno/SE character

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What ended up happening was this:

- Stealth_ tried to give Vergeben a faulty tip that there'd be no DK characters.
- Vergeben, knowing Stealth_ had a spotty track record, tried to find someone who could corroborate this
- Vergeben goes to LoZ (who at the time seemed trustworthy as he had leaked information about E3 beforehand, but everything he said afterward would later prove false)
- Vergeben privately asks LoZ if he "heard there were no DK characters"
- LoZ leaked the PM to the public claiming that Verg said there'd be no DK characters

Basically in an attempt to get more information, Verg had his private message leaked by LoZ.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Yeah a LOT of "leakers" keept saying minecraft over & over & also saying NO banjo or being disssmisive of banjo yet rare IP data are in the base game

I really wonder if steve is actually leaker bait & they bite HARD on it ? we should go through a list with points for steve & points for banjo for & agains as well as a time line of when leakers said theings maybe we can find a pattern ? B/C somthing strange is going on with the leakers claming steve espesally with him being in "base game" as that dosn't add up at all with what sakurai has been saying about the games development

(PS I'm not bashing steve in this post I just thing we could find a time line of what leakers clamed at what times & what sakurai has been saying about development as steve could be a leaker bait or code name for banjo I mean rare stuff is in the game)
I feel like this is them doubleing down on the Minecraft content in hopes that something will come out and justify their leak. Instead of taking a bath and just admit they were wrong, they'll all hunker down and gaslight their claims until either it's proven right, or wrong. Eventually they'll gain a following of boot-lickers to defend them and spread their lies.

D

Deleted member

- Stealth_ tried to give Vergeben a faulty tip that there'd be no DK characters.
- Vergeben, knowing Stealth_ had a spotty track record, tried to find someone who could corroborate this
- Vergeben goes to LoZ (who at the time seemed trustworthy as he had leaked information about E3 beforehand, but everything he said afterward would later prove false)
- LoZ leaked the PM to the public claiming that Verg said there'd be no DK characters

Basically in an attempt to get more information, Verg had his private message leaked by LoZ.
Stealth_ did that?

Huh...I thought he was reliable

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Ironic, he could leak others information, but ended up getting something private to himself leaked.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So his claim of Cloud being the final veteran added to Ultimate might not be true?
I mean I wouldn't doubt it, personally, but I don't really have a reason to take Stealth's word for it.

It makes sense at least.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I mean I wouldn't doubt it, personally, but I don't really have a reason to take Stealth's word for it.

It makes sense at least.
Yeah if you look at the game, Cloud and Final Fantasy content are super barren. I think you maybe fight Cloud once in the WoL.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah if you look at the game Cloud and Final Fantasy content are super barren. I think you maybe fight Cloud once in the WoL.
Yep

The only Cloud fight in WoL is his fighter unlock battle. And he only possesses 2 spirits: Zeke and Master Edges.

D

Deleted member

The two final fantasy tracks are going to be DLC with one being the echo fighter of the other

D

Deleted member

I still refuse to believe him

Banjo will be brave

I am not believing him I am not believing him

Banjo deserves to come home

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah if you look at the game, Cloud and Final Fantasy content are super barren. I think you maybe fight Cloud once in the WoL.
In addition to his fighter battle, I think the only time you fight him is the Zeke spirit.

EDIT: Not only ninja'd, but I forgot one of his battles lol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Same. I think he will either be the 3rd reveal or the 5th reveal, and revealed at E3 either way
You know now Banjo has to be the fourth reveal just because. :p As is tradition.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think with Verge, he got so much right about the roster that it’s kinda ridiculous to suggest it was all just lucky guesses. Nobody could just get that lucky unless they had somebody somewhere feeding them info. However, I don’t think he knows anything about the DLC. I don’t think anybody does. The only things we’ve consistently heard from “insiders” about DLC is Minecraft content and a Square rep. Aside from that, everybody else is out there throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks so they can be the next famous leaker and get their 5 minutes of fame.
Meanwhile, everyone conveniently forgets that his credibility only ever lasts for any fighting game's base roster. The minute DLC arrives, it gets thrown out the airlock.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Brave can literally be anybody. A few weeks ago, Sora was picking up momentum to be the established "Brave" rep, but ever since that tweet with Kirby and Erdrick's shield everyone jumped back to Erdrick again and dragging in that horrible leak with Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa.

D

Deleted member

My parents said I was brave many times so I am actually the 2nd DLC character

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Instagram post, actually.

You're Brave, he's Brave, I'm Brave, are there any other Braves I should know about?
"Meow."
Brave can literally be anybody. A few weeks ago, Sora was picking up momentum to be the established "Brave" rep, but ever since that tweet with Kirby and Erdrick's shield everyone jumped back to Erdrick again and dragging in that horrible leak with Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa.
I never got how it could've been Sora based on the stats. Wouldn't Sora be way too tall to fit with Brave's mold?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I never got how it could've been Sora based on the stats. Wouldn't Sora be way too tall to fit with Brave's mold?
There was a thing going around saying he might be in his "battle animation" Where he is really crouched down holding his keyblade with both hands.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a thing going around saying he might be in his "battle animation" Where he is really crouched down holding his keyblade with both hands.
I mean that makes sense, but aren't the height values based on the neutral/t-posed model, and don't take battle stance into account?

Legitimately curious about that actually, lol. I honestly don't know.

Top Bottom