• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Violante

Smash Apprentice

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fondly remembering when I read that Vergeben said "no new DK reps" the night before the August Direct. Only made it that much more enjoyable.
Actually he asked loz18 about that in a PM (which loz18 leaked) because he heard that from his sources, but he wasn't sure about it; he never confirmed it.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
My mistake. Credence to the idea that a web of contradictory leakers with occasional accurate-but-hedged info is somewhat counterintuitive, though. If not for sites like this I'd hardly be able to keep up with any of that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, here goes Xenother on Gamefaqs, claiming Banjo isn’t happening again. I have the hardest time believing anybody actually knows who ISNT happening.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77456140/917309732
xenother also claimed that there would definitely be a January direct. Here is the post where he said this:

There's going to be a January direct. Still trying to pin down the date, but it's looking like early January. There's a chance of a reveal there as well. Again, I'm still trying to get the details.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I gotta question that may or may not lead to an interesting conversation. Who would win in a fight: Banjo and Kazooie or Conker? Banjo-Kazooie as a team have got a ton of tricks up their sleeves with their diverse move-set but at the same time Conker's got that cartoon logic Context Sensitive buttons that practically lets him pull anything out of thin air like TNT and stuff.

D

Deleted member

I gotta question that may or may not lead to an interesting conversation. Who would win in a fight: Banjo and Kazooie or Conker? Banjo-Kazooie as a team have got a ton of tricks up their sleeves with their diverse move-set but at the same time Conker's got that cartoon logic Context Sensitive buttons that practically lets him pull anything out of thin air like TNT and stuff.
Banjo because he is Banjo

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Conker would definitely win.

Banjo because he is Banjo
Conker can use a machine gun, sniper rifle, shot gun, revolver, katana, and a knife so he would win for sure.

TheBeastHimself

Conker would definitely win.

Conker can use a machine gun, sniper rifle, shot gun, revolver, katana, and a knife so he would win for sure.
Conker can also release his drunken pee stream onto the bear and bird lol. Idk though, it seems tough to actually decide who would win because Banjo and Kazooie give off that super athletic vibe. But who knows if athleticism can defeat bullets.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My mistake. Credence to the idea that a web of contradictory leakers with occasional accurate-but-hedged info is somewhat counterintuitive, though. If not for sites like this I'd hardly be able to keep up with any of that.
In fairness, even here people can barely keep up with the general thread, so the amount of uninformed people can get pretty high.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Welp, here goes Xenother on Gamefaqs, claiming Banjo isn’t happening again. I have the hardest time believing anybody actually knows who ISNT happening.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77456140/917309732
Damn liar. If he had the balls to prove it with solid evidence then I'll listen. Until then he's nothing but a fraud and a hack to me. The ONLY leaker that had a pair was the one who did the Ken leak on Moray towers.

Definitely makes him come across as even more of a piggybacker
The hack also claimed Edrick was "soon". Implying he's in at all should come with evidence as well. No doubt he convinced Verge to lie about his credibility so he can push his fake garbage. All these named leakers are in bed with each other. Filthy Liars.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But Banjo can use his fans to stampede Conker
Are you talking about the golden feathers? Yeah that could be true.

Conker can also release his drunken pee stream onto the bear and bird lol. Idk though, it seems tough to actually decide who would win because Banjo and Kazooie give off that super athletic vibe. But who knows if athleticism can defeat bullets.
Death Battle would be able to figure it out lol.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Damn liar. If he had the balls to prove it with solid evidence then I'll listen. Until then he's nothing but a fraud and a hack to me. The ONLY leaker that had a pair was the one who did the Ken leak on Moray towers.

The hack also claimed Edrick was "soon". Implying he's in at all should come with evidence as well. No doubt he convinced Verge to lie about his credibility so he can push his fake garbage. All these named leakers are in bed with each other. Filthy Liars.
I liked how everyone basically ignored the Ken leak despite it being the only "true" leak (unless you count Galaga Tears/Monster Dance a leak).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It does make me seriously wonder if that one person is the only one competent at actually leaking footage without having it blurry like witness protection.

I liked how everyone basically ignored the Ken leak despite it being the only "true" leak (unless you count Galaga Tears/Monster Dance a leak).
I believe that some thought it was a photoshop.

History repeated itself, again. :ultgnw::ultroy::ultchrom::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultrob::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt:

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Are you talking about the golden feathers? Yeah that could be true.

Death Battle would be able to figure it out lol.
Too bad Screwattack tanked. I'd be interested to see how they science up an explanation for Kazooie's beak breaking solid metal and rock.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone remember that article that demonstrated how it would've been more difficult to fake the Grinch leak than to have it be the real deal?

https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

With the Rare Spirits we have precedence that the development team are sometimes ahead of themselves when it comes to conceptualizing what could be the game, before actually sealing the deal and ensuring its inclusion. Consider also that the Chorus Kids were found in 4's data, that Isaac did in fact return as a super-detailed AT, and that whole business about Sakurai needing some Mach Rider looking figure for the visual basis of what he was working on at the time.

Because there's no surplus evidence to stop me, I'm appealing to ignorance and going to say that the Grinch Leak was simply an extremely early "final" rendition of the banner, subject to cuts and additions in the time between its inception and the beginning of Ultimate's promotional roll-out. Said characters who never manifested in the final roster could be subject to a vicious rotation of insufficient priority, development issues, or were just unable to comply with the structure of chronological marketing that would most kindly benefit the interests for all parties involved with Ultimate. Keeping what remains of their code inside the proverbial 'toybox' is a great way of holding on to easy opportunities to milk future DLC. Because with no sequel to Ultimate in sight, and millions of people always open to more content, how could you turn down such a bonafide method of profit?

Couple that with this story of sighting plans for a Banjo Amiibo (although could that not have just been the Tokatu figure that released this year?), or the theory of Plant's Amiibo being out so early because it was supposed to be part of the base roster before a still-developing character compromised plans.

It's true, a Battletoads/Killer Instinct/Minecraft character could purposefully serve as a mediator between Nintendo, Microsoft, and the fans' wishes, but only one has been championed by the company's head twice on two separate occasions, over multiple years and multiple games. In keeping with this theme, you would definitely not want B-K as a character out before:

• The Nintendo 64 Classic
  • The formal announcement of Xbox Live on Switch, and what that entails
  • The lead up to the release dates for either of those things

One simple Direct could set fire to all of this, but I still have faith.
The idea of the Grinch leak being semi real somewhat makes me happy. I honestly still want to know what happened with the banner. Who made it and why?

I personally love when him and Hitagi give the vague “I was given info but am not able to talk about it right now” excuse. Basically saying “yes I have the answers you want but ask me later because for whatever reason right now is not a good time but trust me I totally have inside info”

Like are you effin serious?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I personally love when him and Hitagi give the vague “I was given info but am not able to talk about it right now” excuse. Basically saying “yes I have the answers you want but ask me later because for whatever reason right now is not a good time but trust me I totally have inside info”

Square-Enix and Nintendo can not only track down his source if he reveals anything now, but him as well.

Last edited:
Square-Enix and Nintendo can not only track down his source if he reveals anything now, but him as well.
First of all, how exactly can they do that? The old “they can track me down! They can fire my source!” excuse feels like the perfect excuse for people who don’t actually know anything.

Second of all, I don’t feel bad for leakers possibly getting in trouble. They’re willingly putting themselves at risk by leaking stuff, and for what? Attention on the internet?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
First of all, how exactly can they do that?

Second of all, I don’t feel bad for leakers possibly getting in trouble. They’re willingly putting themselves at risk by leaking stuff, and for what? Attention on the internet?
I don't know, but Square-Enix somehow always finds out what employee leaked their **** as well as the leaker after they spill the beans on the internet.

Last edited:
I don't know, but Square-Enix somehow always finds out what employee leaked their **** as well as the leaker after somebody spills the beans on the internet.
Do you have proof of this ever actually happening? Because the whole “they can track me down” excuse feels like the perfect cop-out excuse for people who don’t actually know anything

Violante

Smash Apprentice
First of all, how exactly can they do that? The old “they can track me down! They can fire my source!” excuse feels like the perfect excuse for people who don’t actually know anything.

Ironically the same motivation for a person who wants to role-play as a figure who is all-knowing in a way the rest of the internet isn't.

Mr. Stagg

Lets not forget Verge's famous "I wanted to leak Piranha Plant but I didn't want to ruin the surprise!"

*****, your sole reason for living is to ruin everyone's surprise.

TheBeastHimself

This is exactly why I don't keep up with leaks. People with absolutely zero credibility can name off any character and if they happen to get in, they're instantly legit leakers who should be trusted. There's so many leaks and leakers at this point that I just don't have the motivation to keep up when I know 90% of what "leakers" say is bs at the end of the day. I honestly think Verge is just a random guy that got lucky with his guesses.

This is exactly why I don't keep up with leaks. People with absolutely zero credibility can name off any character and if they happen to get in, they're instantly legit leakers who should be trusted. There's so many leaks and leakers at this point that I just don't have the motivation to keep up when I know 90% of what "leakers" say is bs at the end of the day. I honestly think Verge is just a random guy that got lucky with his guesses.
I think with Verge, he got so much right about the roster that it’s kinda ridiculous to suggest it was all just lucky guesses. Nobody could just get that lucky unless they had somebody somewhere feeding them info. However, I don’t think he knows anything about the DLC. I don’t think anybody does. The only things we’ve consistently heard from “insiders” about DLC is Minecraft content and a Square rep. Aside from that, everybody else is out there throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks so they can be the next famous leaker and get their 5 minutes of fame.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But really if someone says either "i knew I just didn't want to spoil the surprise" or "I have proof I just can't give it to you yet" disregard everything they say.

Also we have been hearing about Minecraft and SE content since smash ultimate was announced. How would you be able to know that DLC that far off?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But really if someone says either "i knew I just didn't want to spoil the surprise" or "I have proof I just can't give it to you yet" disregard everything they say.

Also we have been hearing about Minecraft and SE content since smash ultimate was announced. How would you be able to know that DLC that far off?
I would know

because I am truly Vergeben

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
well, PolarPanda has said she believes Xenother to be legit.

Xenother's sources could still be wrong, though, since DLC can be iffy if Joker didn't already prove that.

He's Vergeben, He's Vergeben, You're Vergeben

Are there any other Vergeben I should know about?!
*posts a leak*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well, PolarPanda has said she believes Xenother to be legit.

Xenother's sources could still be wrong, though, since DLC can be iffy if Joker didn't already prove that.
I'm pretty sure Polar believes that he has a source and isn't making things up, rather than believing everything he is saying.

Because, like I posted above, xenother has already predicted something incorrectly - he was wrong when he said that there would definitely be a January direct

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I hate how gamexplain treats verg as some sort of smash bros scholar who knows all & takes his word as gospel & so do there fans

(it still bugs me gamexplain dissmised the grinch leak so fast yet would talk about every other leak four hours even if it was obveusly fake, one of the reasons people started to beleve the grinch leak)

Top Bottom