• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright, so were you referring to Cloud's specials? Otherwise, I'm not sure how his normals are that different from other characters.
Neither of them are particularly derivative, especially his specials, but also his normals aren't really similar to other sword fighters.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'd say Cloud feels and moves like he does in the animations of Final Fantasy VII. His sword and animations are unique enough to set him apart from someone like Ike who has a similar large sword and broad sweeping attacks. Plus, the dude floats to dash! And this is coming from someone who knows next to nothing about Final Fantasy, but from his appearance in the Smash roster, he's definitely different from a lot of the other sword fighters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Neither of them are particularly derivative, especially his specials, but also his normals aren't really similar to other sword fighters.
I'd say Cloud feels and moves like he does in the animations of Final Fantasy VII. His sword and animations are unique enough to set him apart from someone like Ike who has a similar large sword and broad sweeping attacks. Plus, the dude floats to dash! And this is coming from someone who knows next to nothing about Final Fantasy, but from his appearance in the Smash roster, he's definitely different from a lot of the other sword fighters.
And yet people think Erdrick would be no different (assuming he's even in at all).

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Erdrick already has a pretty unique aesthetic compared to other swordfighters with Akira Toriyama's designs. If he were to get in, though, I'd love to see him in his knight armor. That would make him stand out far more than if he had his standard garb with the cape, which I could already see getting comparisons to Fire Emblem.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
And yet people think Erdrick would be no different (assuming he's even in at all).
That's because people seem to be under the impression that just because he wields a sword, he'd play basically the same as other swordfighters, which is not even close to right.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's because people seem to be under the impression that just because he wields a sword, he'd play basically the same as other swordfighters, which is not even close to right.
Exactly. Guy can swap weapons, use magic, has an honest to goodness shield (something exclusively reserved to the Links), and could even make use of monster taming from later DQ games.

So really, in regards to anything that could get in Banjo's way, moveset potential is the most minor concern when most characters can afford that.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Part of what I'm worried about with Banjo is that Sakurai might not consider him unique enough to join the roster. Like his moveset, while diverse, may not be up to the standards of uniqueness that Sakurai would want

osby

Smash Obsessed
Part of what I'm worried about with Banjo is that Sakurai might not consider him unique enough to join the roster. Like his moveset, while diverse, may not be up to the standards of uniqueness that Sakurai would want
Eh, PAC-MAN's moveset is just kicks, punches and arcade references.

Bird and bear would be fine.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Besides his Smash Ballot dominance and popularity, I'm sure one of the reasons Sakurai picked K. Rool was because of his very unique and insane moveset potential.
I'm biased, but I feel like K.Rool's moveset was one of the safest among Ultimate newcomers.
Sakurai said in an interview sometime before or after the Smash Ballot (I don't remember which) that he didn't like K. Rool because of his potential moveset. So, False, Sak did not pick K. Rool because of his potential.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sakurai said in an interview sometime before or after the Smash Ballot (I don't remember which) that he didn't like K. Rool because of his potential moveset. So, False, Sak did not pick K. Rool because of his potential.
You're going to need a source for that one - "the creator said so in an interview" tends to be the source for a lot of made-up quotes, especially if the interview wouldn't have been done in English. (I'm part of the One Piece fandom, and this sort of thing happens all the time)

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I kinda always imagined Banjo to attack with his backpack and banjo alongside their standard moves from the games. I also had this idea where Banjo’s nair is the pack whack from Tooie and you can get an extra jump from it while you’re attacking.

D

Deleted member

Ok here’s what I wrote for what we know so far as I mentioned earlier if you have a issue with it please don’t judge me it’s my opinion

The possible evidence-
Before the 2.0.0 patch there was a glitch with duck hunt and mi sword fighter that exits out of the game. Now there has been a theory floating around that the glitch could be that they are bases for 2 characters dh for banjo and sword fighter for erdrick/Steve and it has also been pointed out that plant was a base for bowser jr.
during the data mine when ultimate got sold early data miners discovered 2 unused rare ips which were blast corps and jfg and because of this Nintendo and rare were on the table.

Indie gamer chick and papa genos-
Sometime in October before the grinch leak papa genos has heard from a trusted source that he was sure banjo was dlc ( papagenos papagenos I forgot what else the banjo source said can you tell me what he said again?) on February 4th a user named indie gamer chick who has leaked stuff in the past has teased that banjo would be in the n64 classic and smash the tweet was deleted then. she has some ties with Microsoft
E207884B-F565-4033-A370-B624B198A115.png

Brave-
Of course brave is a reference to dq but by looking at the stats it dose not look like erdrick at all and it couldn’t be kid erdrick because what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said...
kid girl Erdrick is not canon and a number of insiders including Tansut are insisting that it's ADULT Erdrick with the female alt from Dragon Quest III.
banjo could be brave when you look at it braves taller than ness but shorter than mario and even shorter than Luigi this is the same size when duck hunt stands up brave slides when turning banjo dose that brave is also floaty for banjo to do that all you need is a bird in your backpack brave is also heavy (I blame the bird) it also has aerial attacks something that the banjo flight mode would have I’m positively sure that banjo is brave
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
You're going to need a source for that one - "the creator said so in an interview" tends to be the source for a lot of made-up quotes, especially if the interview wouldn't have been done in English. (I'm part of the One Piece fandom, and this sort of thing happens all the time)
Aaaayyyy Straw hat crew for life.

Attachments

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
So about One Piece being 80% complete...

Either way, if Sakurai were to have an issue with Banjo, I can't see it being moveset potential, or lack thereof. The biggest hang-up I can see him having with Banjo would be his (and Kazooie's) design, which I won't pretend isn't subjective. I'm not necessarily talking about their NB design either.

I'm not saying I think Sakurai doesn't like Banjo's design. I'm more saying that B-K has so much content to fill a moveset, multiple stages, assist trophies, Mii costumes, music tracks, and spirits, to the point that his only gripe would probably be the character's sheer design. Relevancy clearly doesn't matter to Sakurai, he'll bring back any character he wants.

That all being said, remember that Nintendo had a hand in choosing DLC, so it's more than just Sakurai's decision at this point.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
WOW that was a lot of drama to read through

been liking the banjo talk tho fun theorys hope we do get a N64 classic this year :D hopefully with tooie ! as unlike Banjo Kazooie Tooie had a fun multiplayer mode same with DKR & DK64 !

maybe they can actually do something with stop N swap ? (amiibos are kinda like stop n swap)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
If Banjo is in my one HUGE request is that his victory theme be the Jiggy collect music...
It literally gets stuck in my head on a daily basis

Violante

Smash Apprentice
So does anyone remember that article that demonstrated how it would've been more difficult to fake the Grinch leak than to have it be the real deal?

https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

With the Rare Spirits we have precedence that the development team are sometimes ahead of themselves when it comes to conceptualizing what could be the game, before actually sealing the deal and ensuring its inclusion. Consider also that the Chorus Kids were found in 4's data, that Isaac did in fact return as a super-detailed AT, and that whole business about Sakurai needing some Mach Rider looking figure for the visual basis of what he was working on at the time.

Because there's no surplus evidence to stop me, I'm appealing to ignorance and going to say that the Grinch Leak was simply an extremely early "final" rendition of the banner, subject to cuts and additions in the time between its inception and the beginning of Ultimate's promotional roll-out. Said characters who never manifested in the final roster could be subject to a vicious rotation of insufficient priority, development issues, or were just unable to comply with the structure of chronological marketing that would most kindly benefit the interests for all parties involved with Ultimate. Keeping what remains of their code inside the proverbial 'toybox' is a great way of holding on to easy opportunities to milk future DLC. Because with no sequel to Ultimate in sight, and millions of people always open to more content, how could you turn down such a bonafide method of profit?

Couple that with this story of sighting plans for a Banjo Amiibo (although could that not have just been the Tokatu figure that released this year?), or the theory of Plant's Amiibo being out so early because it was supposed to be part of the base roster before a still-developing character compromised plans.

It's true, a Battletoads/Killer Instinct/Minecraft character could purposefully serve as a mediator between Nintendo, Microsoft, and the fans' wishes, but only one has been championed by the company's head twice on two separate occasions, over multiple years and multiple games. In keeping with this theme, you would definitely not want B-K as a character out before:

• The Nintendo 64 Classic
  • The formal announcement of Xbox Live on Switch, and what that entails
  • The lead up to the release dates for either of those things

One simple Direct could set fire to all of this, but I still have faith.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Yeah I know the feeling. Who knows what Oda has in his mind.

Like K. Rool, I see Banjo & Kazooie translating into Smash pretty easily. They have many different expression and their whole arsenal of moves says it all right there. Plus, I see the potential of kids everywhere developing attachment to the bear and bird. Kids have gotten a liking to K. Rool ever since his konfirmation back in August.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So does anyone remember that article that demonstrated how it would've been more difficult to fake the Grinch leak than to have it be the real deal?

With the Rare Spirits we have precedence that the development team are sometimes ahead of themselves when it comes to conceptualizing what could be the game, before actually sealing the deal and ensuring its inclusion. Consider also that the Chorus Kids were found in 4's data, that Isaac did in fact return as a super-detailed AT, and that whole business about Sakurai needing some Mach Rider looking figure for the visual basis of what he was working on at the time.

Because there's no surplus evidence to stop me, I'm appealing to ignorance and going to say that the Grinch Leak was simply an extremely early "final" rendition of the banner, subject to cuts and additions in the time between its inception and the beginning of Ultimate's promotional roll-out. Said characters who never manifested in the final roster could be subject to a vicious rotation of insufficient priority, development issues, or were just unable to comply with the structure of chronological marketing that would most kindly benefit the interests for all parties involved with Ultimate. Keeping what remains of their code inside the proverbial 'toybox' is a great way of holding on to easy opportunities to milk future DLC. Because with no sequel to Ultimate in sight, and millions of people always open to more content, how could you turn down such a bonafide method of profit?

Couple that with this story of sighting plans for a Banjo Amiibo (although could that not have just been the Tokatu figure that released this year?), or the theory of Plant's Amiibo being out so early because it was supposed to be part of the base roster before a still-developing character compromised plans.

It's true, a Battletoads/Killer Instinct/Minecraft character could purposefully serve as a mediator between Nintendo, Microsoft, and the fans' wishes, but only one has been championed by the company's head twice on two separate occasions, over multiple years and multiple games. In keeping with this theme, you would definitely not want B-K as a character out before:

Wow... that's one hell of an analysis. Great post! I never even considered the possibility of the Grinch leak being semi-real. Did anybodyou ever come foreword with that? Was there ever a clear pic of the banner?

Jeanbob

Smash Rookie

It's interesting, but what about Incineroar ? If it's true, why he is not on the banner ?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's interesting, but what about Incineroar ? If it's true, why he is not on the banner ?
To be fair, Sakurai said he just kept a slot open for a Pokemon and he chose Incineroar later, I assume when Sun & Moon were released/about to be released.

I still think the Grinch Leak may have just been fake, though, since it seems it may have came from Mariotheplumber and his buddies, as well as Sakurai saying they didn't cut or add characters...though he may have said "during development."

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Please don't put the thought into my head that the Grinch Leak was real and we ended up getting something else entirely.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Anyone else remember the theory on "Cubivore = Minecraft" that was posted a few months back?

Might it explain where the whole "Minecraft content" talk began?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anyone else remember the theory on "Cubivore = Minecraft" that was posted a few months back?

Might it explain where the whole "Minecraft content" talk began?
Vergeben confirmed that the Cubivore Spirit isn't what his source saw.

Honestly with how well-known and stuff Minecraft is I don't get how they'd confuse it for Minecraft.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh, PAC-MAN's moveset is just kicks, punches and arcade references.

Bird and bear would be fine.
Mumbo couldn't have said it better.

Where you heard this? I never heard him saying that before. In fact, I don't think he ever brought up K. Rool's name throughout the years until after he was announced.

Give me a high five follow Strawhat. ;)

Word.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Honestly with how well-known and stuff Minecraft is I don't get how they'd confuse it for Minecraft.
Probably a case of confusing early rumblings of something else, like with Katalina.

Although I would laugh if what his source saw was the Cats Vs. Pandas thing.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still think the Grinch Leak may have just been fake, though, since it seems it may have came from Mariotheplumber and his buddies, as well as Sakurai saying they didn't cut or add characters...though he may have said "during development."
LMAO!!! That troll isn't smart enough to make a leak as grand as the Grinch Leak. He just said **** afterwards so he thought he could take credit.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LMAO!!! That troll isn't smart enough to make a leak as grand as the Grinch Leak.
Maybe, but the original Grinch post and the Chadnondorf leak and stuff lines up with his behavior, plus one of his videos had a frame with the leak and there was an image with him in a discord server and the leak was there...which was probably what was in the video of his.

I don't think he made the leak himself, just he paid a "buddy" to do it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe, but the original Grinch post and the Chadnondorf leak and stuff lines up with his behavior, plus one of his videos had a frame with the leak and there was an image with him in a discord server and the leak was there...which was probably what was in the video of his.

I don't think he made the leak himself, just he paid a "buddy" to do it.
If that's the case, than he must be rich or something lol!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well he did buy nearly all the Rosalina amiibo just because he hates the character and so no one else could have them...
You just reminded me of that ‘wonderful’ person who likes to call every Female game character hen***.

2015 were some times huh?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well he did buy nearly all the Rosalina amiibo just because he hates the character and so no one else could have them...
He bought a 100 of them and said he was going to buy 100 Amiibos of Palutena and other characters he didn't like so he could burn them all. He is either rich or completely ********. I say completely ********.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Too bad big companies can't just do this to him:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ice_seize_6850_fake_amiibo_cards_from_one_man

He bought a 100 of them and said he was going to buy 100 Amiibos of Palutena and other characters he didn't like so he could burn them all. He is either rich or completely ********. I say completely ********.
I mean, seeing as he ends up giving money to Nintendo doing this...he hasn't thought his "clever" plan all the way through.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

It would be a world-class blunder of the upmost hilarity if this is true. Then again I doubt Verge would admit it. If anything, if all the DLC comes out as we dont get any minecraft content then we can assume this is what happened.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It would be a world-class blunder of the upmost hilarity if this is true. Then again I doubt Verge would admit it. If anything, if all the DLC comes out as we dont get any minecraft content then we can assume this is what happened.
Yeah I like how everyone just accepted that he was telling the truth on that. If he messed up that badly. Why would he even admit it?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Welp, here goes Xenother on Gamefaqs, claiming Banjo isn’t happening again. I have the hardest time believing anybody actually knows who ISNT happening.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77456140/917309732
yeah, he doesn't know the entire DLC and I doubt his sources know.

we could get both Steve and Banjo-Kazooie if his sources are being truthful about Steve.

also we have IndieGamerChick and PapaGenos so we already have info that conflicts with this from people who have/had insider sources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom