• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I don’t think Conker will happen. There is nothing really supporting him, and didn’t indiegamerchick come out against him? Not a death sentence, but not looking good for the manic squirrel

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If it was up to me I would have most of Rare's major franchises represented as fighters, Conker the Squirrel , Pimple/Zitz/Rash (Battletoads), Fulgore/Spinal (Killer Instinct), Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark).

But I think we can all agree that Banjo-Kazooie is Rare's most biggest, popular and beloved original IP. (2nd only to the Donkey Kong franchise)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Conker should be an assist if Banjo gets in at least. It never released in Japan but it was extremely impactful on the N64.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm like 95% banjo will be in smash. But I'm afraid he'll join the ranks of Isaac, shadow, geno and the rest of the "close but no cigar" characters.
If Banjo & Kazooie get into Smash, they will be playable I guarantee.

Four star is Legendary though...
Actually it's 5 star that's legendary.

If we could get Banjo AND Conker into Smash at the same time, I would scream. I love Conker so much and I'd really want him in the game but there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for him. :(
If rated M characters like Snake and Bayonetta can get in, then surely Conker can get in too. I love Conker as much as the next guy and having him in Smash alongside Banjo & Kazooie would be a dream come true.
I wish more people were vocal about wanting Conker..
Believe me after Banjo & Kazooie get in, he will have a butt load of support. He is just not top priority right now for a lot of people. The shift of support being moved to another character has happened in the past before, a lot of people didn't started supporting K. Rool until Diddy got in and now that K. Rool is in, a lot of the same DK fans are supporting Dixie now including myself.

D

Deleted member

I’m gonna place the potential evidence and why banjo is brave

Wanna hear?

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
I've been thinking on how the negotiations would work for Banjo. Would Nintendo/Sakurai need to go to both Microsoft AND Rare for the rights to Banjo?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been thinking on how the negotiations would work for Banjo. Would Nintendo/Sakurai need to go to both Microsoft AND Rare for the rights to Banjo?
Most likely Yes.

My reasoning lies behind why Goldeneye has never seen a rerelease.

Because all the parties involved did not play ball (this isn’t the best example since other rights have to be procured such as actor likeness rights)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I don’t think Conker will happen. There is nothing really supporting him, and didn’t indiegamerchick come out against him? Not a death sentence, but not looking good for the manic squirrel
Who is indiegamerchick and how in the world would some lone random person on the internet being "against" a character harm them in any way?

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I thought Indiegamerchick said Conker would not be in the N64 classic and not that he wouldn’t be in Smash.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Who is indiegamerchick and how in the world would some lone random person on the internet being "against" a character harm them in any way?
She seems to be a leaker with a following. She has pretty much said Banjo-Kazooie will be in an N64 Classic as well as Smash; in combination with info that PapaGenos has heard and Microsoft being buddy-buddy with Nintendo, it's making B-K look likely.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if Banjo gets in, Conker at the very least will get a spirit. I feel if Banjo came with an assist it would probably be Mumbo or Gruntilda

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Yo, bros. I got some shizz that'll help prove that Phil Spencer is really pulling for us.

https://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3563821/phil-spencer-id-love-to-see-mario-on-xbox

"I know I get questions all the time on would I ever like to see Banjo in Super Smash Bros. and I’m, like, “yes, I would do that in a second”. And certain people think I’m saying that as some sort of PR answer and I’m, like, why wouldn’t you?"

That sounds like a hard endorsement to me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yo, bros. I got some shizz that'll help prove that Phil Spencer is really pulling for us.

https://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3563821/phil-spencer-id-love-to-see-mario-on-xbox

"I know I get questions all the time on would I ever like to see Banjo in Super Smash Bros. and I’m, like, “yes, I would do that in a second”. And certain people think I’m saying that as some sort of PR answer and I’m, like, why wouldn’t you?"

His other words combined with recent info would be like foreshadowing something good in a storybook...

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

If he really means it, then the ball's in Nintendo's court

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
With Banjo having a really easy moveset to make, would that raise, lower, or not impact his chances at all?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If Banjo was Brave, and dispelled the whole Erdrick/Steve leak with one fell swoop, that would honestly be the best timeline. Although I bet we'll see him at E3, most likely. But Cloud was dropped out of nowhere, so who knows? Either way, feeling real good about Banjo's chances, even IF Erdrick is Brave.

osby

Smash Obsessed
With Banjo having a really easy moveset to make, would that raise, lower, or not impact his chances at all?
Doesn't change. Literally none of the guest fighters are added because of their moveset potential.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Honestly; If Banjo replaced Steve, I'd be totally fine with that Doomguy leak tbh. Even though it pains me that Geno wouldn't have gotten in, that would be a pretty solid DLC roster.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Banjo is never coming to Smash
And everybody said that about Cloud, Ridley, and K. Rool and look where we are now.

Probably impact to the smallest degree. Sakurai does like unique and interesting movesets though.

Doesn't change. Literally none of the guest fighters are added because of their moveset potential.
Mmm... Piranha Plant perhaps?!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
But you can't deny that the ability to MAKE a moveset factors into it. Simon and Ricter work because their original moves can be used as a part of their kit, Axe, Holy Water, Cross. Generic punches, kicks, weapon usages are for normals and aerials with some references used if possible (Krool's boxing glove). Incineroar works as well due to the wrestler motif and a moveset was built around it.

Banjo's got a treasure trove of moves to make a moveset out of, so putting him in Smash would work.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But you can't deny that the ability to MAKE a moveset factors into it. Simon and Ricter work because their original moves can be used as a part of their kit, Axe, Holy Water, Cross. Generic punches, kicks, weapon usages are for normals and aerials with some references used if possible (Krool's boxing glove). Incineroar works as well due to the wrestler motif and a moveset was built around it.

Banjo's got a treasure trove of moves to make a moveset out of, so putting him in Smash would work.
Besides his Smash Ballot dominance and popularity, I'm sure one of the reasons Sakurai picked K. Rool was because of his very unique and insane moveset potential.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Besides his Smash Ballot dominance and popularity, I'm sure one of the reasons Sakurai picked K. Rool was because of his very unique and insane moveset potential.
I'm biased, but I feel like K.Rool's moveset was one of the safest among Ultimate newcomers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Most of the guest fighters don't play that much like first and second parties at all.

Cloud is pretty much the closest to derivative, but, well, you know. :ultswordfighter: And it's not until recently that third parties even got clones.

So I think that third parties being unique seems to be something that's focused on strongly.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm biased, but I feel like K.Rool's moveset was one of the safest among Ultimate newcomers.
Ridley was a challenge because of trying to get it to work with the right size, Simon's moveset besides his whip isn't as insane as K. Rool's, Isabelle would be the safest I would say when it cames to movesets, and Incineroar is debatable.

Edit: The Inklings were unique, but were not something we haven't seen before and Piranha Plant was crazy unique.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Most of the guest fighters don't play that much like first and second parties at all.

Cloud is pretty much the closest to derivative, but, well, you know. :ultswordfighter: And it's not until recently that third parties even got clones.

So I think that third parties being unique seems to be something that's focused on strongly.
What part of Cloud's moveset is derivative? I mean, outside, of "anime swordsman" meme. Limit Break is pretty unique as far as Smash meters go and almost all of his moves are fairly distinct.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Banjo & Kazooie would definitely be one of the easiest characters to translate to Smash. Literally every move and attack they have in their games could translate to any input in Smash, with several options for some of them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What part of Cloud's moveset is derivative? I mean, outside, of "anime swordsman" meme. Limit Break is pretty unique as far as Smash meters go and almost all of his moves are fairly distinct.
So you see, uniqueness is focused on first and foremost for third-parties. And that's set to continue with Joker.

As we know, in most cases Sakurai takes the following into consideration for potential fighters: what would this character bring to the table in order to stand out? This part of the process is easier for third-parties, since many of them have something to help them stand out in their home series. The actual hard part is negotiating for said third-parties (among other factors like whether they're able to work well in Smash, which is something that prevents Tekken from getting in).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So you see, uniqueness is focused on first and foremost for third-parties. And that's set to continue with Joker.

As we know, in most cases Sakurai takes the following into consideration for potential fighters: what would this character bring to the table in order to stand out? This part of the process is easier for third-parties, since many of them have something to help them stand out in their home series. The actual hard part is negotiating for said third-parties (among other factors like whether they're able to work well in Smash, which is something that prevents Tekken from getting in).
I completely agree with you (even though it doesn't answer my question at all).

I don't think anything really prevents a Tekken character. It's just like Ridley: it would be hard.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I completely agree with you (even though it doesn't answer my question at all).

I don't think anything really prevents a Tekken character. It's just like Ridley: it would be hard.
Alright, so were you referring to Cloud's specials? Otherwise, I'm not sure how his normals are that different from other characters.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect a Tekken character until like two games from now (and that's IF we get any new Namco characters at all). In their case they'd need to get in the base roster from the onset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom