• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
About that duck hunt and mii sf glitch what if the swordfighter is actually a base for Steve while the dog is for banjo?
that would be the best timeline.

so is there any new info regarding B-K in Smash or is it just the Rare data + DLC character base theory + IndieGamerChick and PapaGenos?

I mean that's already good info that makes them likely I'm just wondering if there's anything new.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The dayamine refers to Braves stats. Now Brave is clearly a nod to Elderick, but that stats match up for Banjo. Banjo’s stats were basically revealed

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I did that video before a more popular twitter person did it and they got all the credit for it smh.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Plotwist: Nintendo did in fact do business with rare to get the rights for banjo kazooie...as a spirit.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Plotwist: Nintendo did in fact do business with rare to get the rights for banjo kazooie...as a spirit.
I mean...

Rare is currently silent on answering Smash questions right now (though it could be because they have nothing to do with Smash being Microsoft and all...)

Y’know who else was silent? Wayforward because Shantae ended up a spirit.

All I’m saying is don’t get them hopes up lest Galeem turn Bear and Bird into a four star three slot spirit.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I mean...

Rare is currently silent on answering Smash questions right now (though it could be because they have nothing to do with Smash being Microsoft and all...)

Y’know who else was silent? Wayforward because Shantae ended up a spirit.

All I’m saying is don’t get them hopes up lest Galeem turn Bear and Bird into a four star three slot spirit.
That'd be the ultimate slap in the face...banjos a spirit and not even a legendary one

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did indiegamerchick actually say banjo's in, or that nintendo is working with rare?
She said Nintendo and Rare what to use Rare content for upcoming products. She also said Games you stick into your tv and DLC for your favorite games, it's really smashing.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm like 95% banjo will be in smash. But I'm afraid he'll join the ranks of Isaac, shadow, geno and the rest of the "close but no cigar" characters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm like 95% banjo will be in smash. But I'm afraid he'll join the ranks of Isaac, shadow, geno and the rest of the "close but no cigar" characters.
I mean, better than "not even close" ranks of Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
On the other hand, I am confident that one of the four will be a fan favorite. And with so many already deconfirmed...fingers crossed

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I just thought of something... Pirahna Plants Amiibo is coming out in a week, actually it's already being put on shelves in some Walmarts along K. Rool and Ice Climbers.. Sakurai said it takes about a Year to finalize an Amiibo, Ridley, wolf, K. Rool, inkling and Ice Climbers are all out within the 3 months of Ultimates release so we can assume that they were decided and designed early on so they could release in time, I'd even go as far as to say the Amiibo were probably decided upon as the roster was made up in the order characters where decided upon... so doesn't it seem a bit odd that Pirahna Plants Amiibo is out so soon considering he was a DLC character that "wasn't finished".. I personally think this is more evidence that PP was moved to DLC to attempt to prioritize another character.. Rare spirits in the code on the cartridge, there was one cut character slot in the data of the game (probably PP's) according to data miners, I still think there's a chance Banjo may have been attempted for the base game but missed it due to Sakurai getting the rights too late (PapaGenos theory about E3) I think PPs Amiibo is decent evidence that his character was developed much earlier on then we think. It's just strange to me that an incomplete DLC character would have an Amiibo ready to go before characters like Simon, Richter, and Incineroar or even characters like Pokemon Trainer who would have been way earlier in the decision process if idea of bringing back everyone was in the plans from the start.

Look at the gap of how long it took for us to get Amiibo for the DLC last time around..

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
That pretty much buries the dolla signs arguement. So far the "relevancy" arguement is crushed under K. Rools Golden Stomach and this debunks the "Sales numbers" arguement. What other strawmen-I mean arguements are used to deny Banjo and kazooie a spot as DLC?
This can also sort of apply to Joker too. While Joker and Persona are extremely relevant right now, they aren't exactly the most profitable franchise either only Bayonetta is underneath them so it proves that Nintendo isn't desperate to get the top selling franchises when there are literally dozens of franchises that are more profitable than Persona.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This can also sort of apply to Joker too. While Joker and Persona are extremely relevant right now, they aren't exactly the most profitable franchise either only Bayonetta is underneath them so it proves that Nintendo isn't desperate to get the top selling franchises when there are literally dozens of franchises that are more profitable than Persona.
Yeah, and getting characters from more high-profile franchises costs more money. I think we'll still get at least one "big" character, but smaller franchises are definitely on the table.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I just thought of something... Pirahna Plants Amiibo is coming out in a week, actually it's already being put on shelves in some Walmarts along K. Rool and Ice Climbers.. Sakurai said it takes about a Year to finalize an Amiibo, Ridley, wolf, K. Rool, inkling and Ice Climbers are all out within the 3 months of Ultimates release so we can assume that they were decided and designed early on so they could release in time, I'd even go as far as to say the Amiibo were probably decided upon as the roster was made up in the order characters where decided upon... so doesn't it seem a bit odd that Pirahna Plants Amiibo is out so soon considering he was a DLC character that "wasn't finished".. I personally think this is more evidence that PP was moved to DLC to attempt to prioritize another character.. Rare spirits in the code on the cartridge, there was one cut character slot in the data of the game (probably PP's) according to data miners, I still think there's a chance Banjo may have been attempted for the base game but missed it due to Sakurai getting the rights too late (PapaGenos theory about E3) I think PPs Amiibo is decent evidence that his character was developed much earlier on then we think. It's just strange to me that an incomplete DLC character would have an Amiibo ready to go before characters like Simon, Richter, and Incineroar or even characters like Pokemon Trainer who would have been way earlier in the decision process if idea of bringing back everyone was in the plans from the start.

Look at the gap of how long it took for us to get Amiibo for the DLC last time around..
I remember hearing a rumor awhile back that involved a girl who worked in a wear house that distributed and did stuff with Amiibos. And she swears she saw a paper that said something about a Banjo amiibo. It was on reddit somewhere but I forget what the exact story around it was. But I think it had something to do with someone credible. But I really can't say for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember hearing a rumor awhile back that involved a girl who worked in a wear house that distributed and did stuff with Amiibos. And she swears she saw a paper that said something about a Banjo amiibo. It was on reddit somewhere but I forget what the exact story around it was. But I think it had something to do with someone credible. But I really can't say for sure.
Was it this?
C051CC0F-88F2-4628-93A4-2CC9ABC67330.png

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
A text post that anyone can fabricate. Though, cool story if it's true.
I think it had more of a backstory to it on Reddit. I remember seeing it when it was first posted to /r/nintendo. I think they supplied some proof but I am having trouble finding the reddit post again to confirm.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
If rated M characters like Snake and Bayonetta can get in, then surely Conker can get in too. I love Conker as much as the next guy and having him in Smash alongside Banjo & Kazooie would be a dream come true.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
If we could get Banjo AND Conker into Smash at the same time, I would scream. I love Conker so much and I'd really want him in the game but there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for him. :(
I absolutely want Conker. He's pretty lowkey with regard to speculation, yet has his fair share of history with Nintendo.

I wish more people were vocal about wanting Conker.. W/o the fan support, he would be a spirit or assist trophy at best. Actually, they could try to make Mii Swordfighter's sword into a frying pan and go for a funny Mii costume (though brawler would be a better fit).

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I absolutely want Conker. He's pretty lowkey with regard to speculation, yet has his fair share of history with Nintendo.

I wish more people were vocal about wanting Conker.. W/o the fan support, he would be a spirit or assist trophy at best. Actually, they could try to make Mii Swordfighter's sword into a frying pan and go for a funny Mii costume (though brawler would be a better fit).
As much as I would love to see Conker, I feel like his source material is too graphic to fit. Sure it can be toned down but I still dont see it working out. This also applies to Doomguy in a way I like to call "crude vulgarity" and "Violent Vulgarity". Snake and Bayo can be toned down in a way that fits like Bayo's guns being magic and Snake using explosives. Conker and his source material is way to graphic to draw inspiration from, hence the "Crude Vulgarity". Doomguy has the ultra "Violent Vulgarity" problem where in his recent game, the gore is way more profound and almost realistic. He could still work since his guns are mostly Sci-fi and his CQC is brutish, but the heavy gore and violence would be very hard to incorporate into Smash Bros.

Again I could be 100% wrong, but those are the problems I see with Conker and Doomguy.

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
So... we know that Duck Hunt / Mii Swordsman crash the game ala Plant in single player modes. But can we be positive they are the only characters that crash the game? Has anyone exhaustively tested every other character in All-Star mode?

Also, please add me to the support list for Banjo (and Kazooie! She has most of the powers but is always forgotten)

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice

Well, it does line up with all the other info we've received. If what Indiegamerchick says is true, then we definitely won't get a Banjo amiibo until May, at the very least. It will more likely be later, methinks.

If they had started production on a Banjo amiibo in May, a reveal could very well be planned for E3

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

This is how I feel about most of my character wants. Hell, some of those don't even get to show up period as it is right now (especially third parties, since the focus is usually on whichever characters managed to make it in there). As far as Capcom goes, for instance, only Street Fighter, Mega Man and Monster Hunter get spirits.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
It took me a while to realize this, but I'm not listed as a supporter yet. I took a deep look inside myself and realized that, yes, truly, I do support Banjo-Kazooie as content downloadable for the game of Super Smash Brothers; Ultimate Edition. Please, if you be so kind, allow my name to be listed amongst the rest of the ones who hope and dream. I wish to be one of them. My inner yearnings scream out for the inclusion of the popular beast and fowl. I cry out to Nintendo: "Please, oh please, let them rejoin their brethren they once ruled the industry with. Please free them from mediocrity. Bring them back from the dead."

Also, being a supporter will be rad.

Top Bottom