• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Plus I mean that hypothetical smash rule would be pretty dumb considering we have Bayonetta, Ryu, Ken, The Belmonts. Ryu and Bayonetta being owned by Capcom and SEGA who already had Mega-Man and Sonic and I don't think I need to explain Ken and the Belmonts.
Agree, but will point out that Capcom doesn't own Bayonetta. Sega used to, but after Bayonetta 1, I'm pretty sure PlatinumGames is sort of its own thing. I think?

Oh, and my response was more "one company per batch of DLC". But yeah, definitely no reason why that would apply to DLC any differently, haha.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo gets in, I hope we also get some more Rare spirits. Imagine seeing Banjo fueled with the spirits of Rash and Fulgore.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Some buddies on Twitter pointed this out to me: Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini sandwich Banjo-Kazooie on the Rare-Replay lineup

I think this is purely a coincidence, but it's interesting as hell

It's coincidence since its by year and Rare Replay didn't have any of the Donkey Kong games or GoldenEye 007. But it IS super interesting that those games are STILL in the code for Smash Ultimate if they're on an Xbox collection of Rare games.

Hopefully those games in Smash's code goes somewhere with our bear and bird ^^

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Agree, but will point out that Capcom doesn't own Bayonetta. Sega used to, but after Bayonetta 1, I'm pretty sure PlatinumGames is sort of its own thing. I think?

Oh, and my response was more "one company per batch of DLC". But yeah, definitely no reason why that would apply to DLC any differently, haha.
Oh I meant Ryu was owned by Capcom and Bayonetta is owned by SEGA... and she actually still is, Platnoum Games doesn't own any of the IPs they make if I recall, they're all owned by companies like SEGA or Nintendo, I think the exception is Viewtiful Joe?

But yeah, no reason for why it'd apply differently.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Capcom never owned Bayonetta, and I thought SEGA and Platinum Games co-own it...
Oh I meant Ryu was owned by Capcom and Bayonetta is owned by SEGA... and she actually still is, Platnoum Games doesn't own any of the IPs they make if I recall, they're all owned by companies like SEGA or Nintendo, I think the exception is Viewtiful Joe?

But yeah, no reason for why it'd apply differently.
Viewtiful Joe was made while Kamiya and his crew were still Clover Studios, which was part of Capcom. When Clover Studios was dissolved, its staff broke away to form Platinum Games. (They actually originally called their new studio Seeds Inc., but then they merged with ODD Interactive and rechristened themselves as Platinum Games. They never made any games under their first post-Clover label.) Anyways, Viewtiful Joe always has been and still is owned by Capcom.

Speaking of Viewtiful Joe, I feel an urge to shill my Dungeons & Dragons Wiki user page... I spent a lot of time adapting Viewtiful Joe to Dungeons & Dragons back in 2012.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to Xbox. All I really know is they have Banjo Hostage and they let me play Minecraft with my PC gamer friends. What does that mean? Will it allow us to play Banjo games on the Switch?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Gruntilda: Will it be tonight, or will it be never, or will it be another year once more until the stupid bear and bird knocks on the door?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm going to work in a hour and a half from now, so by the next time I'm on Smashboards, we will all be playing and having Ultimate in our hands. So I'll see you guys tomorrow if any Smash news pops up at VGA or Monday because I'll be too busy playing the game on the weekend. See you later my fellow Banjo Roos. ;)

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Bringing game pass to other devices is pretty interesting.

Also good luck on Banjo tonight everyone! Here's hoping whatever gets revealed tonight, Smash or not, that it's at least pretty good

Last edited:

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
I was looking at Xbox prices the other day just so I could play Banjo. They've already came out with a newer model, don't keep up with Microsoft at all.

So I would love for game pass to come to Switch.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Phil is here, good luck everyone!

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
IS TONIGHT THE NIGHT BOYS?!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Hoping for the best but let's go in with reasonable expectations. Game is coming out tonight and DLC window is still a year.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, bit of an update: so far, the only acknowledgement Smash has received is in the form of two short adverts shown during commercial breaks. However, the show's not over, so we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom