• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am looking forward to Smash and perhaps Banjo. Hearing good rumors about most of the DLC but we will see.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
243D3965-710B-4713-9A8E-876F9B039B9A.jpeg

Well folks, this is it. The launch of Smash Ultimate is nearly upon us.

With that said, is anyone else gonna take a Smashboards break until Monday to try and power through before spoilers kick in?

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Banjo aside, (oh please let it be so!) I really do think a Smash reveal of some kind is more likely than people are letting on. Nintendo showing DLC at the game awards has precedence since Breath of the Wild got it previously. Showing it now makes so much sense, what better way to get people to cough up for the fighters pass the day before the game launches. You can buy the game bundled with said pass on the eshop and it would be a lot easier to get 90+ out of the masses than just 60 if someone exciting is shown now.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
View attachment 181751
Well folks, this is it. The launch of Smash Ultimate is nearly upon us.

With that said, is anyone else gonna take a Smashboards break until Monday to try and power through before spoilers kick in?
Hang on, that image says "Brawl" behind it...
Which reminds me, my friends never broke out of the habit of calling Smash Bros "Brawl", since Smash 4 never got a snappy title, to this day they still say "Hey wanna play Brawl, and I just...

EDIT: I also still say "Confirmed for Brawl" instead of "He's in"

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hang on, that image says "Brawl" behind it...
Which reminds me, my friends never broke out of the habit of calling Smash Bros "Brawl", since Smash 4 never got a snappy title, to this day they still say "Hey wanna play Brawl, and I just...

Same, I haven’t fully broken out of that habit yet. Though in my case, upon realization I’m more...
19D73FC0-C3FB-4EF5-8AFB-D7B4E7AAFAA7.jpeg

This is my brand of humor folks, It’s not too late to kick me out.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1746200576/Screenshot_2018-12-05-23-40-32.png

Not trying to get all of your hopes up, but I thought this was interesting
I think it's going to be Kojima finally getting his dues and getting the award he deserved for Phantom Pain

Geoff was VERY vocal about how badly Konami treated him during that whole fiasco, they audience even BOOED Konami when he brought it up during that years show. It's obviously something he's invested in

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Geez... all this stuff is strange.... there's a lot going on right now..

I will say this.. Steve Mayles has been dead silent on just about anything Banjo related....

This is the first time I've ever heard anything about Banjo mentioned by Vergeben. Thing is whether he believe's this random account or not, he didn't out right dismiss it. This to me means he really doesn't know about the DLC as well as we think he does. If he had a strong idea about it any mention of Banjo would be false to him right away.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
While this doesn't specifically point to Banjo, this DOES seem rather interesting. An electronic billboard advertising Smash...with a very obvious empty spot

I'm keeping my expectations low, but seeing this is going to haunt me. Just like the box theory and the empty slots on the stage select screen we've found out that they have a purpose, so now there's the small chance we could be seeing the 1st chosen DLC fighter in a matter of hours. I mean it would make sense to start focusing on marketing the DLC content soon due to Ultimate's release is almost here.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Well Ima just put this here. (i know its a leak thing but whatever I like how this guy thinks)

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Well Ima just put this here. (i know its a leak thing but whatever I like how this guy thinks)
I didn't read the whole topic, but I remember someone posting that logo mockup. At the end of the topic (or at the beginning of the next, I don't know) the original poster said it was fake. So don't get Grinched again.

Fakol

Smash Cadet
Papagenos source + data of Jet Force Gemini. My hope is very real.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I almost just wanna skip the Game Awards (it starts in the morning for me), and just wake up to see the announcements cos thats really all people watch it for, and that way I dont have to sit through and hope something big happens, especially something Smash related.

Whether Banjo gets announced at the game awards or not, let’s be real. Banjo’s chances are looking good, specifically because of those Rare files found in the code. Let’s not kid ourselves. They didn’t make a deal that fell through. If that were the case, those files would be completely gone. It’s not like they were files for a Nintendo property, or even a 3rd party company like ubisoft. They were for Rare, a company that’s first party to Microsoft. Nintendo could get into some legal trouble by simply accidentally leaving them in there. They’re there for a reason. And it’s not gonna be someone like the Battletoads or Conker. Banjo is specifically the character fans have been demanding for years. I’m sorry for not keeping my hype in check, but I just feel so strongly that our bear and bird are finally actually happening. It’s just a matter of when they’ll be announced

JonSmash

Smash Ace
banjo's chances have been looking good nontsop all year & we didn't get him so don't keep your hopes up guys

yani

Smash Lord
From Sakurai's Melee poll many years ago:

related to the Rare company
(1) 007 James Bond: 35
(2) Banjo & Kazooie: 18
(3) Diddy Kong: 15
(4) Blast Dozer robot (nothing specific): 2 (Blast Corps)
(4) 006 Trevelyan: 2

Now we know that Sakurai already knows that Blast Dozer is in fact related to Rare. Hope not dead yet....

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
banjo's chances have been looking good nontsop all year & we didn't get him so don't keep your hopes up guys
We've gone from literally nothing for over 10 years to the head of Microsofts Xbox Division campaigning for their involvement, to a sweeping popularity surge in fan polls, a wide acknowledgement of peoples desire to have them Smash from all kinds of people in the industry, to Rare properties in the game files of Ultimate itself.

And we don't even know the DLC yet.

So imagine going from literally zero percent chance of anything happening, to something that has substantial weight and evidence to it for a decent chance. Have patience. Ridley fans did, K.Rool fans did, Geno fans did etc.

Our time will come.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Its almost time ! I'm going to the midnight release to get my physical copy today ! :D

the VGA I don't think they are going to reveal much I mean why announce something THIS close to release ? Not sure if I am even going to watch it yet or if i'll have time too

PS: got my conker totaku figure ! they didn't have banjo tho :/ going to put them next to may smash amiibo

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I too think Banjo's chances are decent, but I don't think the Christmas tree picture, recent tweets, etc, are really much evidence for it. I think it's fair for a company just to have media related to a franchise they own and mean nothing else.

I do think Reggie's reference was a little odd in regards to The Game Awards, but I don't think it necessarily means anything Smash related.

the VGA I don't think they are going to reveal much I mean why announce something THIS close to release ? Not sure if I am even going to watch it yet or if i'll have time too
There is actually one reason though. If they want to get some pre-sales / early sales on the Fighters Pass, it would make sense to preview or relase the first character when the game comes out.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Whether Banjo gets announced at the game awards or not, let’s be real. Banjo’s chances are looking good, specifically because of those Rare files found in the code. Let’s not kid ourselves. They didn’t make a deal that fell through. If that were the case, those files would be completely gone. It’s not like they were files for a Nintendo property, or even a 3rd party company like ubisoft. They were for Rare, a company that’s first party to Microsoft. Nintendo could get into some legal trouble by simply accidentally leaving them in there. They’re there for a reason. And it’s not gonna be someone like the Battletoads or Conker. Banjo is specifically the character fans have been demanding for years. I’m sorry for not keeping my hype in check, but I just feel so strongly that our bear and bird are finally actually happening. It’s just a matter of when they’ll be announced
People are saying they're there because Nintendo owns some rights to the titles in Japan. Since Nintendo doesn't own them everywhere else, the devs realized they screwed up and tried to remove them.

However, I don't know where to find this info online to see if it's true; it does confuse me, though, because Rare owns everything else that was originally theirs, so why would Nintendo of Japan still have rights to these two titles specifically...? Also, this is true; simply leaving the code in there, referencing titles they don't actually own, could probably be breaking some boundaries.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Not counting on Banjo getting in tonight, but i still think he has a solid chance and ill watch TGA anyways. I could not care less about Bayo 3 but Prime 4 could prove to be very cool.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm actually pretty hyped for Metroid Prime. I'm not really expecting Banjo or anything though. If Banjo was DLC they'd probably save him for last for a proper "what the hell" moment like with Cloud & Bayonetta in 4.

People are saying they're there because Nintendo owns some rights to the titles in Japan. Since Nintendo doesn't own them everywhere else, the devs realized they screwed up and tried to remove them.

However, I don't know where to find this info online to see if it's true; it does confuse me, though, because Rare owns everything else that was originally theirs, so why would Nintendo of Japan still have rights to these two titles specifically...? Also, this is true; simply leaving the code in there, referencing titles they don't actually own, could probably be breaking some boundaries.
If that were the case, why have they never showed up in any other Smash game until now? Why suddenly now, during a Smash game that’s all about fan service and when Banjo is one of the most highly requested characters, who happens to also conveniently be a Rare property? That argument just feels like quite a reach

Last edited:

ZSSamus_

Smash Rookie
Banjo-Kazooie for the n64 was a great game, it would cool if they made in, I would interested in seeing how their moveset would work in smash.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
So is Banjo considered a high priority? I've heard reports of him making the roster, but he has to complete with Steve?

I'd rather Banjo!
I'm not sure that he's necessarily a high priority or expected character, only on account of him not being part of an active franchise and in licensing hell with Rare / Microsoft. He had previously placed reasonably high in popularity polls, and the head of Microsoft seems to like the idea of them in Smash. He has better chances now than he ever did in the past now that 3rd Parties are a little more accepted and Microsoft seems to be on better terms with Nintendo, but to "expect" him is probably wrong. It's still a bit of hoping on our side.

Oh, and there are text references to Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps, two of Rare's games, that are currently unused in the game code. Could mean nothing, could be unscrubbed preparation for Rare (Banjo) DLC.

Oh, and while Minecraft Steve and Banjo-Kazooie are both owned by Microsoft, it doesn't have to be a competition between them. They could both get in, one get in, or neither get in. One is Mojang studios and one is Rare, while their owner is Microsoft, they represent two separate gaming communities, eras, genres, etc. In my opinion. There's no rule stating that "DLC characters may come from a third party, but only one per third party", or something like that, hah.

Last edited:

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
11+ years on this site.

Still waiting for the Possessed Doll and the Bear & Bird Combo to take their rightful place on the roster.

The evidence is beginning to pile up, however.

Let's go boys.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I'm not sure that he's necessarily a high priority or expected character, only on account of him not being part of an active franchise and in licensing hell with Rare / Microsoft. He had previously placed reasonably high in popularity polls, and the head of Microsoft seems to like the idea of them in Smash. He has better chances now than he ever did in the past now that 3rd Parties are a little more accepted and Microsoft seems to be on better terms with Nintendo, but to "expect" him is probably wrong. It's still a bit of hoping on our side.

Oh, and there are text references to Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps, two of Rare's games, that are currently unused in the game code. Could mean nothing, could be unscrubbed preparation for Rare (Banjo) DLC.

Oh, and while Minecraft Steve and Banjo-Kazooie are both owned by Microsoft, it doesn't have to be a competition between them. They could both get in, one get in, or neither get in. One is Mojang studios and one is Rare, while their owner is Microsoft, they represent two separate gaming communities, eras, genres, etc. In my opinion. There's no rule stating that "DLC characters may come from a third party, but only one per third party", or something like that, hah.
Plus I mean that hypothetical smash rule would be pretty dumb considering we have Bayonetta, Ryu, Ken, The Belmonts. Ryu and Bayonetta being owned by Capcom and SEGA who already had Mega-Man and Sonic and I don't think I need to explain Ken and the Belmonts.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Some buddies on Twitter pointed this out to me: Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini sandwich Banjo-Kazooie on the Rare-Replay lineup

I think this is purely a coincidence, but it's interesting as hell

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Some buddies on Twitter pointed this out to me: Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini sandwich Banjo-Kazooie on the Rare-Replay lineup

I think this is purely a coincidence, but it's interesting as hell

Hmmmmmmm I want to hype responsibly even so after the Grynch leak I can't help it.

Top Bottom