• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't understand what would be the reason to be specific about smash with an event that happens a day before it… i mean, it would only be of interest to nintendo players… unless… there is a 3rd party thing going on for smash in the event that every gamer will find cool to see… hmmmm…

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
OMG!!!
I mean, of course he'd be there regardless, there's 100% a few Xbox things to announce. Don't get your hopes up that this means anything for Smash.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I personally don't think we're going to see something Smash related here, but I would absolutely love to be wrong. The tweets and announcements that reference Smash seem unnecessary to include that in there, so it is a bit suspect, but I think it's just to draw people in to watch the show, honestly.

Again, I'd love to be wrong.

D

Deleted member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your favorite world(s) in Banjo Kazooie / Tooie and which installment do you think had the better worlds?

Personally, while I love Mad Monster Mansion amd Gobi's Valley, Banjo Tooie had the better worlds (though both games are obviously amazing). Terrydactyland is AWESOME, as was Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and Cloud Cuckooland.
So, I have a story. I hadn't played both games in YEARS but remembered Banjo-Tooie as the better game, since it's more expansive and everything.

I had the opportunity to replay both within the last year. I breezed through Banjo-Kazooie partly due to having the game still somehow memorized, but also because the worlds are more tightly constructed and it's satisfying to explore every nook and cranny and then move on to the next world.

While Banjo-Tooie does build on Banjo-Kazooie in almost every way as a good sequel should, I surprisingly found myself getting tired of all the backtracking. I never really felt the same sense of completion because I'd always be hitting roadblocks, and besides the need to travel *between* worlds, there was a lot of pointless travel *within* worlds as well, particularly when you have to use Mumbo and then a Wumba transformation and then use Mumbo again and you're just going back and forth, back and forth--even with the transporter pads it still felt like needless padding in overly large worlds.

Again, I was surprised that this was my reaction because I had always remembered Banjo-Tooie without those complaints, and I'll probably forget them later. But I thought it was worth bringing up, whereas I had no issues with the first game. Speaking of the first game, I just want to emphasize again how tightly it is constructed and I felt that each world was teaching me new things, until the final challenge--Rusty Bucket Bay. That world always gave me anxiety, but this time I realized that all prior worlds had been preparing me to take on the challenge, and I did. And then Click Clock Wood was just a fun world after that. :)

As for favorite levels? Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak and Jolly Roger's Lagoon. Probably mostly because of the music.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Again, I'm not expecting anything for Smash tomorrow (aside from the usual Blog update), and there's a chance that tweet from Nintendo of America is just PR to get people to watch the show. All that being said, however, I'd love to be wrong.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
View attachment 181590

Thats weird, any theories on why they're saying this?
"Watch it all live before the launch of Smash Ultimate"
I mean its most likely just promotional stuff to get people to tune in before playing, but maybe, just maybe they might show something?
Doubt it means anything other than it's the day before Smash launches, but man I'd love to be proven wrong and we get something... interesting.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, let’s all calm down and remember the Grinch Leak. If we get something, great, but go in expecting nothing.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Why I may have only appeared here till now, I have been a closet supporter for this old beer and bird duo so add me onto that list.

Though I will also say if I recall they said they'll be revealing the DLC fighters over time and not all at once, regardless the fighter pass doesn't become available to purchase for anyone outside getting the digital bundle till launch day so there's that as well, so... I think it'd be highly likely for some at least a single piece of smash DLC to be revealed. As they did with the last one they announced Bayonetta 1+2, and 3 alongside the final piece of BOTW DLC, so I don't see why they can't do a similar thing of the Metroid Prime Trilogy, and 4 alongside a DLC fighter, specifically Banjo and Kazooie.

Why them specifically? Well... obviously third party DLC fighters would have been in development first due to the liscening stuff and what not so whoever the Square rep (going with the Vergebend stuff with that) and Banjo would be released and shown off first. Alongside the fact there is data for two rare ips in the games as spirits and Vergebend and other leakers saying Enderdragon will be day one patch content Banjo makes sense and after all the date on the eshop for s single fighter is after the date Piranha Plant's deadline to be released st the latest so at least one more fighter should be releasing then. Plus as I said again, I don't think if the Enderdragon data gets found in a day one patch they'll change anyones classic mode, so naturally... Banjo being a Microsoft/Rare rep would make some sense to fight against it.

Though... this video probably explains stuff better than I could, so watch at your own risk for potential leaks, especially since there's also some non-smash but still Banjo related content in it.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Why I may have only appeared here till now, I have been a closet supporter for this old beer and bird duo so add me onto that list.

Though I will also say if I recall they said they'll be revealing the DLC fighters over time and not all at once, regardless the fighter pass doesn't become available to purchase for anyone outside getting the digital bundle till launch day so there's that as well, so... I think it'd be highly likely for some at least a single piece of smash DLC to be revealed. As they did with the last one they announced Bayonetta 1+2, and 3 alongside the final piece of BOTW DLC, so I don't see why they can't do a similar thing of the Metroid Prime Trilogy, and 4 alongside a DLC fighter, specifically Banjo and Kazooie.

Why them specifically? Well... obviously third party DLC fighters would have been in development first due to the liscening stuff and what not so whoever the Square rep (going with the Vergebend stuff with that) and Banjo would be released and shown off first. Alongside the fact there is data for two rare ips in the games as spirits and Vergebend and other leakers saying Enderdragon will be day one patch content Banjo makes sense and after all the date on the eshop for s single fighter is after the date Piranha Plant's deadline to be released st the latest so at least one more fighter should be releasing then. Plus as I said again, I don't think if the Enderdragon data gets found in a day one patch they'll change anyones classic mode, so naturally... Banjo being a Microsoft/Rare rep would make some sense to fight against it.

Though... this video probably explains stuff better than I could, so watch at your own risk for potential leaks, especially since there's also some non-smash but still Banjo related content in it.

We had discussed that Gygahst leaks once I believe here, and come to the conclusion that while everything discussed there would be amazing, certain things didn't line up. I recall Grant Kirkhope saying that nothing regarding the duo coming up. https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1061661344657694720, https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1058393579855335425, and https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1028735930910236672?s=20 all lean towards him knowing nothing about a new Banjo game, remastered or otherwise.

I guess it's possible they could ask him for music later, or he could just be lying about it, but I think lying about it is worse than saying he knows nothing about it.

I think every one of us that track this thread want it to be true, but I dunno, it's a bit of a reach...

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I have no suspicions one way or the other on Grant Kirkhope being honest, being unaware, or just lying, but I did want to throw out Kamiya's behavior regarding Bayonetta in Smash. "All Smash Idiots stop asking!" something along those lines. And then "Attention Smash Idiots... I love you :) " when she was confirmed. So it's not unheard of for there to be coverups.

Still, I don't lean any one way or the other on the matter, Grant seems like a pretty upfront kind of guy.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
We had discussed that Gygahst leaks once I believe here, and come to the conclusion that while everything discussed there would be amazing, certain things didn't line up. I recall Grant Kirkhope saying that nothing regarding the duo coming up. https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1061661344657694720, https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1058393579855335425, and https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1028735930910236672?s=20 all lean towards him knowing nothing about a new Banjo game, remastered or otherwise.

I guess it's possible they could ask him for music later, or he could just be lying about it, but I think lying about it is worse than saying he knows nothing about it.

I think every one of us that track this thread want it to be true, but I dunno, it's a bit of a reach...
Fair, though honestly it'd make sense for him to at least not act like he knew anything because of NDAs and everything, no one on a games development is supposed to talk about it until it's officially revealed. Though I do agree after watching that video a few things didn't line up... then again I do find it weird though there is obscure Rare stuff in the game files and there really isn't anything pointing to the fact Vergebend is lying about an Enderdragon being a DLC boss. Idk, guess I'd just find it weird if instead of Banjo if there was a Microsoft rep like Master Chief (who I actually also support despite having a worse chance than Banjo, I'd find it cool though if Banjo doesn't get in this game for a double reveal of the two to happen but... that'll never happen.) why would they add these obscure Rare series as spirits and not recognizable faces like Banjo, Conker, etc. etc.

So I just got a feeling he's at least apart of the pass but if he isn't there's always the next game.

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Just got home, so I'd like to talk about the Day 1 update and the fact that the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps spirit franchise names are still in the game.

The biggest argument that I had seen against this being used as evidence surrounding Banjo was "well, Nintendo owned the Japanese trademarks for JFG (Star Twins) and Blast Corps (Blast Dozer) so they could've put them in the game thinking it was their own franchises, but realized Microsoft owned the rights and thus cut them from the game".

Time to paint another picture here: Let's imagine that scenario was actually true. Nintendo thought that Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps belonged to them, but realized that Microsoft owned the rights for those franchises a little too late. This Day 1 patch would have been the absolute perfect time for them to remove these particular strings from the game. No one would have seen these if the game hadn't been data-mined, they wouldn't have seen this "amateur mistake" that people who don't want Banjo in try to claim it is.

But guess what? They didn't.

This is more telling to me that these franchises still being in the files were no amateur mistake like the Smash team has done before (see Kaptain K. Rool being labeled as K. Rool's brother in Brawl before being corrected to being a persona of his in Ultimate), nor was this a simple "placeholder" slot that would be removed later.

My earlier suspicions about DLC/update spirits happening were confirmed thanks to the exact same Day 1 patch adding in Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Super Mario Party, which helps the following point:

There were legitimate talks from Nintendo, Microsoft and Rare Ltd. to put some spirits of Rare franchises in the game. DLC/update spirits will probably be added in the game for each DLC fighter, without a doubt. These spirit franchise names (and their future spirits) would have to be dumped in a future update for a DLC Microsoft/Rare character.

Given how it's specifically Rare franchises being mentioned, that DLC character is Banjo.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Oh, I think Banjo still has decent chances, especially the Rare files mentioned and still existing after the patch. I'm just incredibly skeptic of that video, and also skeptic that an announcement in general is coming tomorrow.

I would love to be wrong. I actually told my coworker that out of sheer happiness I'll buy my entire department Chipotle for a week if Banjo is announced in the next year. It seems counter intuitive, but that will be the best lunch present to myself and my team and make me so happy, haha.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
I'm just incredibly skeptic of that video, and also skeptic that an announcement in general is coming tomorrow.
I agree. I think it's a tad too early for a DLC announcement so soon. It might happen, I'd love to be wrong, but I'll be going in expecting at least a Metroid Prime 4 trailer to be there.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright guys, keep your expectations LOW

I feel weird even sharing this since I don't want to spread false hope, but I believe any information is worth sharing. So something's up with our old buddy Vergeben. Someone on Gamefaqs claimed that Banjo is going to be revealed tomorrow (He also said Ender is a Day 1 patch, but he's already busted on that) and that the source was "An account backing Vergeben", then later in the thread Verg appeared and ALSO said that he heard about Banjo, albeit from a throwaway account, which lines up with what this dude says

Still, this is very iffy, and it's highly possible the very thread creator fed Verg this bogus information earlier in the week to make his thread sound more believable.

The only point going in favor of it's legitimacy is that as much as Verg has been backpedaling and flaking out, he NEVER talks unless he's confident.

Anyways, here it is

1544056918334.png

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

I feel weird even sharing this since I don't want to spread false hope, but I believe any information is worth sharing. So something's up with our old buddy Vergeben. Someone on Gamefaqs claimed that Banjo is going to be revealed tomorrow (He also said Ender is a Day 1 patch, but he's already busted on that) and that the source was "An account backing Vergeben", then later in the thread Verg appeared and ALSO said that he heard about Banjo, albeit from a throwaway account, which lines up with what this dude says

Still, this is very iffy, and it's highly possible the very thread creator fed Verg this bogus information earlier in the week to make his thread sound more believable.

The only point going in favor of it's legitimacy is that as much as Verg has been backpedaling and flaking out, he NEVER talks unless he's confident.

Anyways, here it is

I want this to be true so badly, but I can't help but think that anybody who knows what is "leak bait" is trying to use thoughts of another fighter to support their own.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice

Anyways, here it is

Am I missing something here? To me, it looks like one guy claims Banjo is in, another guy calls him out and says "Why hasn't Verg said anything?", and then Verg shows a message that some random guy sent claiming that he works at MS with no proof. Like, I don't see how this raises hopes at all...

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
oh god please I can't do this to myself again, the Grinch leak got me riled up good, seeing that Phil spencer is going to be there along with that Nintendo Tweet of "make sure you watch before smash launches"... oh sweet jesus, oh god please, The moment I see Phil Spencer walk up on Nintendo's stage Im gonna start f**king crying.

Guys, if the chance that Banjo is Revealed Tomarrow for DLC, I want you all to know I'll be right back here screaming and jumping for joy with you all.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna be sober tommorrow regardless cuz Smash is coming out and Smash is like my woodstock... or superbowl. Jesus is that sad?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If Banjo gets revealed tomorrow, this should sum up my reaction.

If not, just remember there's always next time.

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
That verge thing proves nothing, it could be literally anyone sending that message about banjo to him. I want him to be in more than anything but don't get your hopes up guys

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Anyways, here it is

Once again, not going to get burned again. I've been hurt one time too many. I'm just excited for the game to come out Friday and finally have it in my possession.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Keep expectations low.

The odds of us getting a Smash DLC character or low, or at least we should expect it to be low.

Expect nothing, we got a full year plus to reveal the 5 Fight Pass characters.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
lot a folks watching this thread right now

I highly doubt they'll announce future DLC characters tomorrow, I wouldnt expect that till next year. Unless they annouce that the new DLC character and piranha will be released at the same time, with the release of the 1st main DLC character signalling Piranhas no longer free DLC.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here's where we're at lads

Signs in favor of Banjo:
-An anon a couple months back claimed Playtonic was working with Microsoft for Banjo remakes. Rather recently they posted a video of one of their guys doing what seemed to be Banjo's "sneaky" animation, and a response calling this out was met with "You're close"
-Playtonic and Rare BOTH made posts showing off their office Christmas Trees. Playtonic's had a Smash poster in the background. Rare's had a Banjo magazine in the background, on the same day no less
-Data for Rareware Spirits found in Smash's code, but inaccessible in the game itself
-Phil and Reggie will both be at the Game Awards, Reggie himself hints at "Something special"
-The electronic billboard above points to the fact that we may indeed get SOME Smash reveal tomorrow

Signs against Banjo:
-Verg came forward with a message in favor of Banjo, but it turned out to be an anon who already tried to fake a Banjo remake post, and was debunked by Grant Kirkhope posting about how dead Banjo was just the day before
-Verg has previously said that the first revealed DLC character will be a Square Enix rep
-The Sweden leak listing the Metroid Prime Trilogy suggests that THAT might be Nintendo's big surprise, not a Smash reveal
-Stars have 'aligned' before, and they turned up bogus. All of this could be no different

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
Sweden leak was fake, once translated the description said they didn't know that it was announced, they just think it will be.

test

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On one hand, would be nice for that rumor to be true. On the other, I want people to stop putting Verge on a pedestal.

In any case, I just hope something interesting that's Nintendo-related happens tomorrow, and not this:

That being said, I'll be dodging the forums until the event blows over, so until then, make sure to hype responsibly Banjoroos.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Here's where we're at lads

Signs in favor of Banjo:
-An anon a couple months back claimed Playtonic was working with Microsoft for Banjo remakes. Rather recently they posted a video of one of their guys doing what seemed to be Banjo's "sneaky" animation, and a response calling this out was met with "You're close"
-Playtonic and Rare BOTH made posts showing off their office Christmas Trees. Playtonic's had a Smash poster in the background. Rare's had a Banjo magazine in the background, on the same day no less
-Data for Rareware Spirits found in Smash's code, but inaccessible in the game itself
-Phil and Reggie will both be at the Game Awards, Reggie himself hints at "Something special"
-The electronic billboard above points to the fact that we may indeed get SOME Smash reveal tomorrow

Signs against Banjo:
-Verg came forward with a message in favor of Banjo, but it turned out to be an anon who already tried to fake a Banjo remake post, and was debunked by Grant Kirkhope posting about how dead Banjo was just the day before
-Verg has previously said that the first revealed DLC character will be a Square Enix rep
-The Sweden leak listing the Metroid Prime Trilogy suggests that THAT might be Nintendo's big surprise, not a Smash reveal
-Stars have 'aligned' before, and they turned up bogus. All of this could be no different
kind of curious about the video from your 1st point in favor, have a link?

Top Bottom