• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s my idea:

Stage 1: :ultmario:and :ultluigi:, because of the old N64 glory days.
Stage 2::ultdk: and :ultdiddy:, because they were once brothers in Rare.
Stage 3: :ultkrool:, because he’s a Rare-made villain (also, he slightly resembles Klungo).
Stage 4: :ultcloud:, because they are characters never thought to have a realistic chance in Smash.
Stage 5: Green :ultbayonetta:, because witches.
Stage 6: :ultduckhunt:, because both mammals have a bird on their backs.

Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand, as a reference to Chilly Willy and Chilli Billi, respectively (pipe dream, okay?)

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Outside of Banjo or smash anything you all want to see at the VGA's? I'm hoping for MP4 or Bayo 3 news personally.
Hoping for news on that Harry Potter game that got leaked a while back and the Avengers project Square Enix announced a long while back

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What about going through the stages of Banjo & Kazooie's own game? It could be called "Rescue Tooty":

Stage 1: (Spiral Mountain) Small Donkey Kong (as Bottles I guess) on Spiral Mountain, assuming this is their stage. Or else on Gaur Plain.

Stage 2: (Treasure Trove Cove) Sonic (he looks most like Snacker?) on Tortimer Island or Great Bay.

Stage 3: (Bubblegloop Swamp) Squirtle (Tiptup), Greninja (Flibbits), K. Rool (Mr. Vile) on Balloon Fight.

Stage 4: (Gobi's Valley) Snake (just for his name) on Mushroomy Kingdom or Gerudo Valley.

Stage 5: (Mad Monster Mansion) white Kirby (he can pass as a ghost) on Luigi's Mansion.

Stage 6: (Click Clock Wood) Pikachu, Pichu and Pacman (their colors are most like the bees') on Yoshi's Island.

Boss: (Final Battle, duh) Big Bayonetta. ...Or Gruntilda. (pls Sakurai) on Streetpass Quest.

I'm sure I missed some obvious better ideas.
Would work too, I personally didn’t do it because I already did that for another character, but what you have looks good.

My only suggestion is I think maybe just forgo Spiral Mountain to have the stages consistently from inside Gruntilda’s Lair and put in Yoshi’s Island (Melee) or another similar stage for Mumbo’s Mountain along with :ultdk: & :ultdiddy:Conga and Chimpy?

Here’s my idea:

Stage 1: :ultmario:and :ultluigi:, because of the old N64 glory days.
Stage 2::ultdk: and :ultdiddy:, because they were once brothers in Rare.
Stage 3: :ultkrool:, because he’s a Rare-made villain (also, he slightly resembles Klungo).
Stage 4: :ultcloud:, because they are characters never thought to have a realistic chance in Smash.
Stage 5: Green :ultbayonetta:, because witches.
Stage 6: :ultduckhunt:, because both mammals have a bird on their backs.

Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand, as a reference to Chilly Willy and Chilli Billi, respectively (pipe dream, okay?)
I like the amount of detail you put in, but I think there needs to be an overall theme like how Kirby faces opponents with large appetites or Wolf battling the various cut veterans

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Outside of Banjo or smash anything you all want to see at the VGA's? I'm hoping for MP4 or Bayo 3 news personally.
A trailer for Elder Scrolls 6, a new DK game, a trailer for Metroid Prime 4.

The first two are more than likely not happening but I can dream.. if Smash news doesnt happen I feel like most likely it will be Metroid Prime 4. Truth be told I don't even care about the game awards... I just like the world premiere's and I'm not looking forward to sitting through hours of cringe to see a cool trailer.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A trailer for Elder Scrolls 6, a new DK game, a trailer for Metroid Prime 4.

The first two are more than likely not happening but I can dream.. if Smash news doesnt happen I feel like most likely it will be Metroid Prime 4. Truth be told I don't even care about the game awards... I just like the world premiere's and I'm not looking forward to sitting through hours of cringe to see a cool trailer.
It'll still be better than X018, at least. Which isn't saying much, given that the exclusives in that event were not that impressive to start with...

Damn, I just wish it was Thursday already. :p

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'll probably just check out the announcements after the show is over and watch and trailer that sounds interesting, if there are any. I'd be interested in any new JRPG type game though, besides Smash and Soul Calibur that's about all I play.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I don't think Metroid Prime 4 will be shown, or even a Metroid Prime remake or trilogy for that matter, I'd imagine they'd save those for E3 or even later. It still feels way too early in development (but then again they showed BotW at the VGAs when it was still early in development...) But I could maybe see them show off Bayonetta 3 again, or perhaps a Skyward Sword HD port.

It'd be strange if they showed nothing, as Nintendo has for the past handful of years now shown really big reveals at the VGAs. And with it being a day before Smash, the first reveal of the DLC fighters would be excellent. I'm just not sure if it's maybe a little too soon.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here I come to rain on everyone's parade again. It's looking like the big Nintendo surprise is Metroid Prime Trilogy

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Here I come to rain on everyone's parade again. It's looking like the big Nintendo surprise is Metroid Prime Trilogy

I'd be good with that

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I decided to make an account and show some love for my man Geno over in that thread, but I also wanted to come by here and show my support for my second most wanted, Banjo & Kazooie!

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I definitely think the N64 Classic is an inevitability for the 2019 Holiday season. I can see a potential October/November 2019 reveal alongside an announcement of B&K for smash DLC due out between Dec19-Feb20. This would make B&K the 4th or 5th DLC character, which is a smart/big character to end on.

I personally want Grunty's Furnace Fun. Another user posted a while back about having stage hazards contingent on answering Grunty's questions about the different smash franchises.

If we get additional Rare content with the fighter pass, then I would love to have Darkmoon Caverns from DKR as included music and Conker as a spirit. I would ultimately want Conker as playable, but I understand he might only ever become an AT at most.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Well, if that's true, then I figured as such; I really wasn't putting a lot of stock on any sort of Smash reveal at this show. Still, we'll see what happens after the show. Speaking of which, how long does this show usually go on for?

Fakol

Smash Cadet
2 months ago I had a dream: Banjo and Kazooie could stand out from each other as in Banjo-Tooie, I really think that a mix of Ice Clumber and Duck Hunt is quite possible

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Wouldn't be surprised, It's probably the safest bet to make as a reveal as I'm not expecting anything Banjo Kazooie to be revealed, But would like to be wrong.

That being said I will still be happy with a Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement, They are great games and I have yet to play the 3rd one, So I would definitely buy a remastered pack of the series in anticipation of Metroid Prime 4.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've actually never played the Prime games! Never was a huge fan of FPS games, which I feel like they for the most part are. Game comes out in a bit over 50 hours. Super excited!

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

AW HELL YEAH! Never got to play the original Metroid Prime games and don't have a system for them so I am so down for this. Even though Banjo would've been nice this is still good

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
if its MP trilogy with the wii controlls (using the joy con sensors in lieu of the IR bar) then I'd be super happy with that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Truth be told I don't even care about the game awards... I just like the world premiere's and I'm not looking forward to sitting through hours of cringe to see a cool trailer.
I agree, I don't care about it either. I'm not going to watch it, I'll just look up the highlights after it's over.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

I really hope you can use the gamecube controller with this because of the adapter

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace

Oof, already bought it on Wii U... but it was at a super discounter price, and I only finished the first game. Plus, the fewer reasons I have to use my Wii U, the better. So what the heck, i'll probably pick this up someday.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
For those who have not played the Metroid prime games, you are in for an amazing treat.

Anyway, I've played a little bit of nuts and bolts again and the whole time I've been thinking that this game really deserves to be x enhanced. I loved playing it years ago, but coming back to it on a 4k tv kinda hurts the eyes a bit. Maybe we could get a x enhanced patch for Viva pinata too.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Is it wierd that I kind of want there to be no Smash announcement the game awards.. the kids in the general thread will lose their minds if nothing gets shown. Especially considering theyre all waiting for "Square Enix rep" to be revealed at the game awards.

Yea we wouldn't get a Banjo announcement either but the general thread imploding would be hilarious

Jayordan

Smash Cadet

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1070047438075920384?s=19

sorry to burst everyone's bubble, most likely fake

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your favorite world(s) in Banjo Kazooie / Tooie and which installment do you think had the better worlds?

Personally, while I love Mad Monster Mansion amd Gobi's Valley, Banjo Tooie had the better worlds (though both games are obviously amazing). Terrydactyland is AWESOME, as was Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and Cloud Cuckooland.

Last edited:

Jayordan

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your favorite world(s) in Banjo Kazooie / Tooie and which installment do you think had the better worlds?

Personally, while I love Mad Monster Mansion amd Gobi's Valley, Banjo Tooie had the better worlds. Terrydactyland is AWESOME, as was Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and Cloud Cuckooland.
Favorite worlds overall are Mad Monster Mansion and Click Clock Wood, personally I like the worlds of both games equally

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Just lettin' y'all know the jet force gemini and blast corps IDs are still in the game after the 400mb update for Smash thats releasing for day 1 apparently.

D

Deleted member

I've actually never played the Prime games! Never was a huge fan of FPS games, which I feel like they for the most part are. Game comes out in a bit over 50 hours. Super excited!
This is kinda the wrong thread for this topic, but while everyone loves to talk about Metroid, relatively few people buy and play the games. Which is a travesty. I replayed all three Metroid Prime games a year or so ago on Wii U, and they hold up remarkably well as they are. Like, the visuals were often truly captivating, even though it was SD. I also thought the motion controls worked great for all three games, and since I had the game on my Wii U storage at the time, didn't have to deal with Metroid Prime 3's slow-opening doors. :D For this reason alone playing the trilogy on Wii U is currently the superior way to play it imo.
Anyway I've been thinking for a while that it would make a ton of sense to re-release the MP trilogy on Switch before MP4 releases, because....like I said, so few people have actually played a Metroid Prime game, let alone 2 of them, let alone all 3, let alone any Metroid game at all. Nintendo needs to coax people into the franchise if they want MP4 to actually sell well.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon

Personally, while I love Mad Monster Mansion amd Gobi's Valley, Banjo Tooie had the better worlds. Terrydactyland is AWESOME, as was Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and Cloud Cuckooland.
Click Clock Wood is a stand-out for me when it comes to Banjo-Kazooie, but besides that, I feel BK's worlds are pretty okay. Tooie has more memorable worlds overall, I think- Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and Terrydactyland especially.
Grunty Industries also stands out, but we don't need to talk about that one.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Just lettin' y'all know the jet force gemini and blast corps IDs are still in the game after the 400mb update for Smash thats releasing for day 1 apparently.
If that is the case I'm super excited for the future. We will see!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Out of curiosity, how do we know this? =P I wasn't aware people had gotten this day 1 patch yet. Anything else of value found yet?

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, how do we know this? =P I wasn't aware people had gotten this day 1 patch yet. Anything else of value found yet?
People who have already 'acquired' the game have access to the update now cos Nintendo published it on the e-shop today, obviously people aren't mean to have the game let alone get the update yet, so dataminers are checking for any changes.

For the most part its just the spirits from pokemon let's go and a couple others. Nothings been removed.

1543993362240.png

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just my personal bias, since I owned Banjo Tooie as a kid and played it for hours on end for a good chunk of my teenage life, long after all the jiggues were collected, but I only ever got to borrow Banjo Kazooie from a friend long enough to beat the game one time, but, I think Tooie has the better worlds overall, and the level tropes weren't so common among platformers, but not so wacky that I wouldn't enjoy it like a lot of games that try too hard to avoid tropes.

I also really appreciated that so many of the worlds were all connected, making the world feel more real, despite being a cartoony collect-a-thon... that kind of thing mattered a lot to me as a kid. The little details.

Favorite world in Banjo Tooie is probably Hailfire Peaks. In Banjo Kazooie, it's probably Rusty Bucket Bay ( but oh boy do I not like having to re-collect my notes after doing the engine room stuff over and over again )

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
People who have already 'acquired' the game have access to the update now cos Nintendo published it on the e-shop today, obviously people aren't mean to have the game let alone get the update yet, so dataminers are checking for any changes.

For the most part its just the spirits from pokemon let's go and a couple others. Nothings been removed.
I expected the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps things to stay there, since it was found and spread after the preloading of the digital version went out, and it was confirmed that it wont have day 1 patch, only the physical editions will.

Nothing about the rumored "new gamemodes from that day 1 patch from that "NoA testing leaker"?

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Nothing about the rumored "new gamemodes from that day 1 patch from that "NoA testing leaker"?
Nothing from it so far, but then again its 400mb, its not exactly the file size youd expect from just a few spirit images, and bugfixes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, only one day left from the VGAs, so close yet so far to finding out what will happen, exactly.

Maybe it's just my personal bias, since I owned Banjo Tooie as a kid and played it for hours on end for a good chunk of my teenage life, long after all the jiggues were collected, but I only ever got to borrow Banjo Kazooie from a friend long enough to beat the game one time, but, I think Tooie has the better worlds overall, and the level tropes weren't so common among platformers, but not so wacky that I wouldn't enjoy it like a lot of games that try too hard to avoid tropes.

I also really appreciated that so many of the worlds were all connected, making the world feel more real, despite being a cartoony collect-a-thon... that kind of thing mattered a lot to me as a kid. The little details.

Favorite world in Banjo Tooie is probably Hailfire Peaks. In Banjo Kazooie, it's probably Rusty Bucket Bay ( but oh boy do I not like having to re-collect my notes after doing the engine room stuff over and over again )
I like how ahead of its time it was by having an open-world structure. Even incorporated some of the previous game's setting when they could just as easily have relegated it to the game's intro cinema, but they didn't, you can explore it at your leisure.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

Personally, while I love Mad Monster Mansion amd Gobi's Valley, Banjo Tooie had the better worlds (though both games are obviously amazing). Terrydactyland is AWESOME, as was Witchyworld, Hailfire Peaks, and Cloud Cuckooland.
I personally have more of an attachment to Banjo Kazooie's worlds, mostly cause that's the one I've played the most. Worlds like Click Clock Woods, Freezezy Peek and Mad Monster Mansion are some of my favorite video game worlds

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

It's always a good question to ask in this forum, since there are SO MANY GREAT WORLDS in the Banjo-Kazooie franchise, so you're all good!

Personally, I love both Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie equally for different reasons, so I like all the worlds from both of them.

Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Click Clock Wood, Mayahem Temple, Witchyworld, Terrydactyland, Grunty Industries, and Hailfire Peaks were my personal favorites.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
1544019460368.jpg

Thats weird, any theories on why they're saying this?
"Watch it all live before the launch of Smash Ultimate"
I mean its most likely just promotional stuff to get people to tune in before playing, but maybe, just maybe they might show something?

Top Bottom