• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I have not heard ender dragon until now... where is this coming from? It's all very confusing cause I heard someone throw around Count Bleck of all things too lmao

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to stay spoiler-free about World of Light but also like to see the progress on the Banjo & Kazooie discussion, can we use spoiler tags when we talk about bosses, please?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Okay, so...

It's been said that the Ender from Minecraft is in the game as a boss. This is the content people have been making a tissy fit over these last few months.

View attachment 179517
The datamined lists do not include Ender Dragon, I think wherever you saw this was just trolling. I've taken a look at the Spirit and Costume lists too and haven't seen anything Minecraft related. So if we're still going with the Minecraft content being legitimate, pretty sure it's going to be a DLC pack.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The datamined lists do not include Ender Dragon, I think wherever you saw this was just trolling. I've taken a look at the Spirit and Costume lists too and haven't seen anything Minecraft related. So if we're still going with the Minecraft content being legitimate, pretty sure it's going to be a DLC pack.
The people who have "seen" that must have all been trollers then.

Okay, so has anyone compiled a list of legitimate leak info? Cylinders are being fired everywhere right now and it's a hassle to keep up.

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
So I saw discussion relating to there being lines of text in the game relating to Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini in the files for Ultimate, and that a redditor known as N247 has come out to confirm he was the one who had found it and spread it onto Reddit and 4chan.

Well, just about a hour after he posted that statement, he has released a image that seems to prove that he is telling the truth. It depicts a screencap with the MSBT text editor open, showing the Blast Corps string in all its glory. Note how the string is named "tit_blast_dozer", which is the Japanese name for Blast Corps. This follows the naming conventions seen in Smash 4, whereas some fighters and (occasionally) franchises were referred in the files by their Japanese names.

Given how this seems to be legitimate, I want to give some food for thought relating to the Microsoft rep. It doesn't make any sense if Steve made it in as a fighter if specific Rare franchises (that were on the N64 no less) are in the files.

Let's think about it this way. If Steve was in, more general Microsoft franchises (like Halo, for example) would of had their own strings in the code, and not Rare franchises like Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini. If Banjo & Kazooie makes it in as a DLC fighter, it would make way more sense as this would imply that these franchises made it in to celebrate Rare and how they were so integral to the Nintendo 64 as a whole.

Fellow Banjo for Smash supporter here! I’ve been keeping up with all these insider “leaks” and these are my thoughts on it. There seems to be conflicting info among these “insiders.” I’ve seen a lot who have said their sources are sure that Banjo is coming. But then you have people like this Hitagi person who say that they know Banjo ISN’T coming. But from keeping up with Hitagi, it seems more like they’re banking so much on Steve being in that it somehow also means that Banjo definitely won’t be in. But I haven’t seen them actually give any reason for that other than just the assumption that there will only be one Microsoft rep and Steve is supposedly it so “that’s that.” Which is a bit ignorant coming from the person who was wrong about Katalina and then wrong about all the other info they had about DLC. But yet we’re supposed to believe that they know who isn’t in the game? I’m not buying it. Vergeben is the only leaker so far with any sort of actual track record we should be paying attention to, and he still hasn’t conceded to the idea of Steve being playable. And all these other insiders who say their sources know Banjo IS coming, well, they’ve yet to prove themselves, but it is at least interesting to hear a handful of people say that they have heard that it’s happening.

So I guess what I’m saying is, don’t lose hope yet. There’s a lot of conflicting info out there so we shouldn’t be latching onto what one specific person says just yet

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Also, the 29/30 placeholder slots is interesting too. I doubt there'll be 30 DLC character, but if they left that many placeholder slots, it's possible they're planning more. It's really hard to say which leakers / insiders heard what info, but the best we can do is hope for the best!

Also, the 29/30 placeholder slots is interesting too. I doubt there'll be 30 DLC character, but if they left that many placeholder slots, it's possible they're planning more. It's really hard to say which leakers / insiders heard what info, but the best we can do is hope for the best!
Yeah, it’d be crazy for them to NOT do another Fighter Pass. I imagine they’ll be supporting this Smash for a long time

D

Deleted member

Or are we?......

Insider ryce said this.....

“Vergeben has been saying there would be Minecraft content in Smash since June, long before Nintendo and Sakurai made the DLC roster plans. If that piece of information was legitimate I probably would have heard about it over the summer. It sounds to me like Vergeben is pivoting to the Minecraft content being DLC to save face for bad intel.

(I'm not saying Minecraft DLC is an impossibility -- I just don't think Vergeben actually knows anything about the DLC.)”

Also Ryce knew about Pirnaha Plant and said the Grinch leak was fake the moment he saw it when everyone believed it

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sm...-datamining-has-started-read-op.82583/page-60

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
So, the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps code, has that been verified yet? If so, guys... that's big support for Banjo-Kazooie, I mean BIG support. So much so that these guys could even be the next DLC characters announced. That's a big slip up if true.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
But why Blast Corps/Jet Force Gemini of all things? it makes me question it.

I mean, Im not opposed to it being real because then it'll allow Banjo a huge shot for DLC but why? it seems just so out of the Blue.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
So, the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps code, has that been verified yet? If so, guys... that's big support for Banjo-Kazooie, I mean BIG support. So much so that these guys could even be the next DLC characters announced. That's a big slip up if true.
These are the type of leaks that are fun. They require critical thought by us, because they're not obviously real or fake and they keep things interesting. We need more leaks like this.

Edit: The Banjo deductions, I should clarify.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini are both minor enough and obscure enough to be perfect candidates for spirits, and they're both from the N64 era as well, which would more closely connect to Banjo-Kazooie than any other Rare properties... so maybe that's what they were going for.

I just don't understand why they would be left in the code. Particularly if there's no sign of DLC for Spirits either (though I suppose they could happen). But if we don't end up getting Spirits for DLC... this could actually be cut content that won't resurface, which also means, Banjo-Kazooie were going to be in base, but were indeed cut, maybe because of a deal falling through or something. But let's hope that's not the case!!! If they're in the code still, and not gutted completely, I'm hoping that means Microsoft/Rare are still in the cards.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
But why Blast Corps/Jet Force Gemini of all things? it makes me question it.

I mean, Im not opposed to it being real because then it'll allow Banjo a huge shot for DLC but why? it seems just so out of the Blue.
Both are underrated N64 games that Microsoft likely has no interest in using.

Other Rare titles:
Battletoads/Killer Instinct/Perfect Dark - Have been used in the past and/or plans to use them again the future.
GoldenEye 007 - A licencing nightmare.
Conker - Used somewhat by them in dumb things like Project Spark and HoloLens.

There are other games of course, but those are the biggest ones. Now we just need to make sure this is actually legit and not some lame hoax.

Last edited:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Oh man I hope that Blast Corps/Jet Force Gemini thing is real. I really want Banjo-Kazooie to be in.
I doubt it. Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps were both published by Rare. I don't recall any references to these franchises in any of the Smash games.

I doubt it. Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps were both published by Rare. I don't recall any references to these franchises in any of the Smash games.
That’s exactly why it’s exciting. It points to Rare representation in Smash Ultimate which could lead to Banjo

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
You don't seem to be caught up... There have been file/folders found in the code of Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps (I believe a Blastdozer specifically for Blast Corps). Most likely as spirits, either cut content or future proofing for DLC content. Which is... a HUGE deal for us Banjo-Kazooie fans.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's possible Spirits could be included with character DLC they could just be so minor that they just didn't bother mentioning them. Spirits could be included in patches etc. It would make sense that any new franchise getting into Smash would have spirits added along with them.

They could slowly add code for future DLC over the course of patches and have a bit in the base game getting ready for the first DLC

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think it's fair to say that if Splatoon 2 has gotten a year and a half of support (so far, though I know they mentioned the official continued support is only through 2018), Smash could easily be as long. This could easily mean 2 seasons of Fighter Passes or game content being added along the way.

I'm not a game developer so I don't know how feasible or likely this is, but to me it seems like adding new content to a full game for 1-3 years is easier than making another from scratch. And if it's paid DLC, probably more profitable as well.

I'm interested to see where the DLC takes us the next couple years. (And fingers crossed for our bear and bird of course!)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
There's a tweet and image that have been floating around, but I still want to see a second source to verify it. So far, it seems legit... but y'know, Smash Bros., things can get out of hand.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
W
Both are underrated N64 games that Microsoft likely has no interest in using.

Other Rare titles:
Battletoads/Killer Instinct/Perfect Dark - Have been used in the past and/or plans to use them again the future.
Isn't a new BattleToads game on the way? We also recently had a Killer Instict. With Rash in it no less.

EDIT: I have misread, ignore me.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If it does turn out to be true, At first I was like " Why Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini of all things? But then it started to make sense since "Spirits" mostly represent Minor/Smaller characters that can't make it as fighters from some Minor/Smaller franchises and those franchises are more part of Rare's back catalog than in the forefront like Banjo-Kazooie and Conker, Without a doubt Banjo-Kazooie is Rare's biggest, popular and most beloved IP that has gotten the most demand for a comeback and would be the most logical choice as a fighter.

I imagine Rare's franchise ranking would look something like this.

1. Donkey Kong (Nintendo IP)
1. Banjo-Kazooie (Rare IP)
2. Conker
3. Killer Instinct
4. Battletoads
5. Perfect Dark

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Perhaps Nintendo has certain rights to Jet Force, given DK64? And don’t forget Perfect Dark was a big sales hit!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t underestimate Perfect Dark
It's not that I don't underestimate it, It's that it doesn't stand out as much compared to Rare's other franchises (Not to mention every exclusive shooter has to be under Halo's shadow) and have much going for the franchise other than a potential reboot that has been rumored for next generation and unless they take a different approach in the sea of oversaturated market of shooters.(Though that was a bigger problem several years ago)

Banjo-Kazooie is without doubt their biggest franchise, Conker while a dead franchise too has developed a big cult status over the years because of how bizzare and unique it is, Killer Instinct had a successful reboot, Battletoads is an old school beat em up famous for it's difficulty and is getting a reboot, I'm sure that if Perfect Dark get's successfully rebooted it will leapfrog to number 2 or 3 seeing how the franchise should appeal and target Xbox's demographic.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Why would someone go for all the effort to fake Blast Corps after Jet Force Gemini was confirmed real?? Heh... that makes no sense. If JFG is there, Blast Corps must be there too.

Either way, JFG is all we need to see in order to help our bear and bird's chances.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Well, that JFG/Blast Corps evidence makes it pretty clear that Banjo will probably be a DLC character. I'm just shocked that they'd even go as far as to represent these old classic Rare games alongside Banjo. (Unless he got cut from the game and those text strings are leftovers, but honestly I think Banjo is a surefire bet for DLC.)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm not going to consider anything a lock until it's actually revealed, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment again, but boy howdy does this sound good for his chances.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The only thing I'm hoping is that those other Rare references weren't removed because they didn't get something worked out, which would seemigly immediately deconfirm Banjo.

It's all still a little unclear as to what all of it means, but I'm incredibly hopeful. Also, game is out in less than 2 weeks. Hype!

Top Bottom