• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm 50/50 on whether Banjo is in this Smash but we shouldn't be discouraged if he doesn't show up tonight. I expect him to be the final reveal if at all (short of him being tied into an N64 classic perhaps).

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm not feeling discouraged about any still viable character until the game is out and Sakurai says "there is never going to be DLC for this game"

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Remember my bearthren, do not be disappointed if Banjo doesn’t show up today, it won’t affect his chances at all.

That said, it sucks I’ll be at work all day so I won’t catch the Direct til either during break or off at night, the rest of you enjoy it though!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally don't expect Banjo to be revealed until very last both base and DLC wise. He's one of those characters I can imagine Sakurai saving for last since he's one of the few to top Ridley and K. Rool in terms of hype.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
What if Microsoft's rumoured involvement with Ultimate was just Mixr integration and the game being hosted on an Xbox Live server?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if you wish supporters good luck when you're one of the supporters. :p

Personally I think Banjo & Kazooie are more likely to show up in a later direct, but I'll definitely be over the moon if they get announced tonight.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Not much longer now! If Banjo and Kazooie are revealed today, someone better give that bear a hug. That's all I want in his reveal!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Happy birthday BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 ! People with September birthdays are always the coolest(tomorrow for me!)! I also have Kazooie and Tooie on N64 in relatively good condition. And both of them on Xbox 360.

And hopefully both of them soon on the N64 Mini...
Happy Birthday, good sir! Hopefully we'll see the bear and bird sooner rather than later ^^
Thank you guys! I truly appreciate it! I should wish Llort A. Ton Llort A. Ton a happy early birthday tomorrow! And I do agree with you too about September birthdays.
Do you have Tooie as well ?
Indeed I do.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hyped for the direct ,but I'm also not expecting Banjo-Kazooie to be revealed here, I think everyone can agree that they would be more fitting for a final reveal or DLC in a Smash direct , but you never know anything can happen, though I'm looking forward to maybe some new game announcements and online info.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here's to Banjo-Kazooie this Direct. Let's hope that Loz isn't a complete kook.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Well, Vergeben was right on Isabelle, hmm, if he’s right about Minecraft also, they would probably show it along with Banjo. We’re still in this!

Jorl

Smash Rookie
Not this time guys, we still have probably 2 directs so let's not lose hope yet

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Guys, remember Verge said he didn’t know if Isabelle was an echo or not, that could serve as further evidence for him being right.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Next time, next time... This thing ain't over with! Final Reveal in the final Smash Direct, baby!! Heh... well, either that, or the next newcomer reveal because Oh My GOD I would love it if Banjo-Kazooie were #69 in this game, hahhahaaa.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not surprised too much by the character reveal, Animal Crossing is a big franchise but not really my cup of tea, though I will say Isabelle looks pretty adorable, Overall I was personally kind of underwhelmed by the direct, while I'm looking forward to Yoshi, Mario Party and Pokemon we already knew all that was coming, Luigi's Mansion 3 was a pleasant surprise and the best new announcement for me I will definitely be picking that up, was hoping for a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster to be announced ,but maybe next year, Didn't care for anything else that they showed off.I still believe Banjo-Kazooie will be unvield in the final Smash direct or as DLC.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
This gives further proof to Verge’s legitimacy, so yeah, more marbles in Banjo’s circle

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Very pleased with Isabelle! Always room for more cute cartoony characters in Smash! Plus, we got three big reveals on after the other with Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon in the E3 and Smash directs so I wasn’t expecting anybody too big. I’m sure characters like Issac, Geno, and Banjo & Kazooie will be revealed closer to release!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Given that I think all third party characters minus echoes will need to be on the back of the box art, like the previous games, I’m going to predict Banjo will be the next one announced!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
No Banjo & Kazooie reveal but there's still hope for the future Smash Directs.

As for Isabelle I was expecting her eventually but not as her own character. I enjoy the AC games so I'm one of the people that aren't super tilted over her being in Smash. But with that bombshell of Square Enix and FF games coming to Switch I thought either Geno or a new Final Fantasy character was about to be revealed.

And I can't believe that I get to play Katamari and Final Fanatsy IX on the go! I was just listening to the FFIX OST this morning and suddenly this happens.

VIVI AS THE BLACK MAGE REP FOR ULTIMATE.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Starting to think we're getting Incineroar, Ken and Geno only.

If Minecraft stage content is true then maybe Banjo'll be DLC.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Isabelle is cool, but kinda feels like a less hype buffer character until the next Smash specific direct.

Amount of New Evidence for Banjo: 0
Amount of New Evidence against Banjo: 0

Unless you count Vergeben being right about Isabelle and his Minecraft claims as evidence. Honestly it's been a long month and for that to be the character I got kinda sucked the wind out of me, but oh well i get why she is there. Still holding out for Banjo until this game is done, even if it takes DLC.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Oof some of the people in the Isaac thread are very pessimistic at the moment.

Personally, I am happy. I’m not losing my mind, but this Direct was to be expected.
I wanted Smash news, I got Smash news—- what’s there to complain about? The past two times Smash has been talked about, it has been huge news. It certainly makes sense that Nintendo did not make this direct all about Smash, but did throw a bone.

I like Isabelle and I love Animal Crossing, so I am happy she is in even thought she is not one of my hype characters. I did anticipate her though.

This leaves room now for a more concentrated direct with more Smash news in the future.
I am partially excited now because I expect bigger things in the next direct.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, of course there was initial disappointment, with it being a very non-hype-inducing trailer for a character that was most likely leaked.

But as you all are saying, the good news is that leads more credence to Minecraft/Microsoft content. This gives Banjo even more of a chance (unless we straight up get Steve).

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think the bigger news is a new Animal Crossing game for next year, this is the type of news that excites my fiancée for example

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So october and november are left… Last year AC and Xenoblade chronicles had focused directs in those 2 months. If there is no other big game getting one this year, both months could potentially give us Smash news. It depends all in how many newcomers are left to be revealed…(and of course there's DLC after that)

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
New Leaf was my first and only Animal Crossing that I've played so far and I've been wanting a new game since then so I'm pretty excited for a new switch game. I also like Isabelle, cute as a button and will be hilarious to use against my friends.

On the topic of Banjo and Kazooie though I think that their chances are still high because of Vergeben being right for just about everything so far and Isabelle just increasing his credibility even more now.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think there are that many newcomers left, and there's still a Pokemon.

IMO, Banjo won't come till DLC if he comes at all. But that's ok, DLC picks are usually huge third party characters.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I know anything can happen, but was anyone honestly really expecting a big character reveal ? I mean we just got King K. Rool last month, not surprised they went with a safe ,yet pretty adorable pick for a new character, I also don't think we will get a Smash direct in October, but without a doubt there will be one big final Smash direct in late November to send off the hype before launch, I honestly think there is likely 2 maybe 3 character reveals left for the base roster with a couple of echos, The final character reveal has gotta be a big, unexpected and impossible newcomer, So what better choice than Banjo-Kazooie to close out the roster, But I still think they will be DLC at the end.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
This direct has not changed Banjo and Kazooie's chances imo. I always felt if they were to be revealed, it'd be in a Smash direct.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I know what I said earlier in this very thread about not getting discouraged... but I'm feeling very discouraged. Not because it wasn't Banjo or anything, but because it really wasn't any of the front runners. I had a feeling Isabel would get in, but my money was on her being revealed as an Echo Fighter without her own trailer, shortly after a different character trailer that was a little more hype inducing...
K. Rool and Ridley's trailers were initially what made me feel like all the impossible things i've wanted in Smash were even remotely possible, but I feel like this trailer was a reminder that I should keep my expectations in check.
Don't get me wrong. I'll be happy with this game no matter who's left to reveal.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
BANJO-KAZOOIE HAVE TO BE #69!!!!!! ITS JUST TOO GOOD A NUMBER FOR THEM ! IF MINECRAFT IS IN SMASH BASE GAME BUT BANJO IS DLC I'LL BE HELLA PISSED !!!! & ILL BE MORE PISSED IF WE GET MINECRAFT & NO BANJO AT ALL !!!!! lol

& congrats to isabelle fans :D she so cute <3 not an echo tho (but still kinda echoy :p )

Top Bottom