• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Under the assumption the next direct won't just create more questions than answers. Seriously though I can't wait to see the next direct, there hasn't been a dull character reveal yet so some fanbase is going to be losing their marbles. I still expect don't expect Banjo to be in the base game, and be DLC if he is in at all (though I secretly just wanna jinx myself)
Next Direct will see the Bubsy the Bobcat fanbase very happy. What they don't know is that we're getting a double reveal with a Cool Spot reveal ending the direct.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Another thing is, as much as people are ragging on that Banjo model the better it's looking.. I have never seen a Banjo model like that. No smash 4 mod Banjo looks that good. A lot of people are complaining about his hands but it appears theyre closed fists.. everything on that model is on point to how I'd imagine a new model for Banjo to look. If these are fake someone is real good at making fake models..

Posters on that 4chan thread are mostly using Dixie as an arguing point to debunk. I saw a lot of them say she's performing a move Diddy doesn't have thus making it fake. Thats wrong. The move it looks like she's performing is Diddy's forward B, which is a leap and grapple but if you tap B again it's a jump kick. Cleary that's the same move.....

My only argument against it is the OP claims that the final characters are Dixie, Banjo-Kazooie and Geno. No mention of Ken, Skull Kid, Isaac, or Isabelle. This one post is seemingly clashing with info that we've been given from leakers that have thus far better track records.. I guess it's up to how much you believe Loz18 and Vergeben. It'd possible this 4chan poster is referring to the final characters as characters who haven't leaked yet but I don't know...

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
To prevent further actual real leaks I assume we're gonna get answers sooner rather than later. I thought they might hold off on a Smash direct until late Oct/November but I don't know if its likely. Its been sent to the ESRB, the game is clearly mere weeks away from going gold and heading into just QA testing/final touches + manufacturing millions of copies and someones gonna get their hands on it by the time Oct/November rolls around and just leak everything.

So to nip things in the bud and we all know Sakurai hates being spoiled, there will be a regular nintendo direct or Smash direct or both sometime in September - early October.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
How I want this to be so damn true, But it also seems like leakers go around the internet to find out who are the most wanted characters and make a leak that's too obvious, like all the characters in these leaks are like the most common top 5 that are brought up so it seems like they are trying too hard to make it believable, I would of add an unexpected a character out of left field or some random retro character to cover up the bluff and make it more believable, But then again that counters my next arguement, Why wouldn't we expected Ultimate's newcomers not be from fan demand or from the ballot instead of random fighters that no one has really asked for? Since so far based on who has made the roster has been mostly fan service. Sometimes I don't know what to believe.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
But it also seems like leakers go around the internet to find out who are the most wanted characters and make a leak that's too obvious
Takes a decent amount of effort to create a fake leak using actual 3D models. I'd wager that demographic of fans who are insane enough to
A) know 3D well enough to model, texture, rig/weight/pose characters
B) be big enough smash fans to just make these out of high demanded characters/currently rumoured characters
-- is going to be a quite small demographic of people who can do this or will be bothered to do this.
I'm not saying its real, but I'll take a legit 3D model of characters over 2D poorly photoshopped graphic designs/illustrations any day of the week.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

This is it, I feel strongly that one or all of these guys are going to make it. We just have to believe or some other shmuck like that.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Takes a decent amount of effort to create a fake leak using actual 3D models. I'd wager that demographic of fans who are insane enough to
A) know 3D well enough to model, texture, rig/weight/pose characters
B) be big enough smash fans to just make these out of high demanded characters/currently rumoured characters
-- is going to be a quite small demographic of people who can do this or will be bothered to do this.
I'm not saying its real, but I'll take a legit 3D model of characters over 2D poorly photoshopped graphic designs/illustrations any day of the week.
I think you might of misunderstood me, I will say that the Banjo model looks pretty solid for a leak and intenet leaks are always blurry, but when I meant "obvious" I didn't mean it was obviously fake, What I meant to say was that a lot of the leaks go for like the most common top 5 most wanted characters, If they threw in a random character or someone who wasn't highly demanded it would make the leak sound more believable, but it makes sense at the same time because Ultimate looks to be mostly based on fan service and if the ballot is any indication then Why wouldn't it be the current common top 5 choices, Not judging on how the leak looks ,but who the leak says made the cut.

Remember the Bowser. Jr and Duck Hunt leak ? No one really believed that and I don't think they were heavily demanded ,yet they made the cut.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Remember the Bowser. Jr and Duck Hunt leak ? No one really believed that and I don't think they were heavily demanded ,yet they made the cut.
All of Smash 4's newcomers were odd, and none were fan favourites that would've been highly requested, other than Pacman/Megaman, DLC is where it began to lean towards fan faves.

I think all of Ultimates will be fan favourites. I'd even go as far to say that I think there will be no new Pokemon rep or retro rep.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Excuse me for this, but I kinda want to ramble my heart out about a cartoon video game bear with a backpack with a bird in it for a bit. Is that cool? Good, because I got carried away writing this.

Banjo and Kazooie are the ultimate pipe dream for me. They're characters that absolutely deserve a spot in Smash, but legal circumstances have made that difficult, if not impossible.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are my childhood. They're some of the greatest games I had ever played as a kid. I'd spend hours playing in my brother's completed save files just getting lost in every single one of the worlds, and when I eventually decided to start my own adventure, I was greeted with some of the most full experiences I had ever played at the time. From the way they controlled, to the worlds I got to explore, from the fun missions and the frustrating ones, I had conquered both games to completion and I craved for more. I couldn't wait to see how amazing a Banjo Threeie would've looked like!

... Needless to say, I was disheartened to learn their rights were bought to Microsoft, and not only was the next Banjo on a non Nintendo system I had no interest in, they turned it into a weird kart game, the artstyle was made boxier and less lively, and... I hated every inch of it. I couldn't believe that is what Banjo Kazooie was reduced to. And not to mention that is still the last Banjo game ever released. Of course, I've softened up to Nuts 'n' Bolts, but I'm still bitter about the predicament they're in.

So yes, while I'd love to see them in Smash, I highly doubt it. Yes, MS and Nintendo have been quite chummy lately. Yes, MS themselves have shown interest in letting Banjo being in Smash. But despite that, I still can interpret that as a hint, or even as a glimmer of hope for the duo. I can't bring myself to vocally express my desire to see them in the game because their inclusion would require an honest to goodness miracle for it to occur. I just can't have hope seeing them in the game...

... Because I'd honest to good cry tears of joy if they made it in. These childhood icons of mine deserve to return to Nintendo, they deserved to be redeemed, they at the very least deserve a spot in Smash. They're Nintendo characters in everything but copyrights, and as a mostly Nintendo based crossover, they are worthy of being acknowledge. It's honestly unfair being deprived of this dream coming true, and I'd swear I'll never ask Sakurai for anything ever in my life if that were to ever happen.

I mean, yes, I've vocally advocated for characters like Ridley and K. Rool for the longest time, but they're characters that had all the reasons to be included in the last two games, but just plain didn't for some cosmic reason. I always considered Geno as an impossibility, but he finally has a shot in this game as the circumstances are just right for him. I never imagined the day would come when I can finally have hope for Geno in Smash.

... But despite this, I can't bring myself to hope for Banjo because, what if Sakurai doesn't want to go though the trouble to add him? What if Microsoft wants something in return that might be frowned upon by the Nintendo higher ups? I don't want to get hopeful for something that, as much as I want it, might not happen, and have those newfound hopes dashed by the ensuing reality of the situation. I already went through that when Ridley was officially disconfirmed back in Smash 4. I don't want to experience that again. I don't want to soil my excitement for this game over a dream that might be unrealizable, and after the bore that was Smash 4's newcomer selection, I WANT to stay excited, dammit!!

Ah well. There's my rant. While I may not actively support Banjo because of the aforementioned reasons, I'm still keeping a mental tab on this thread in case the impossible happens because God actually does exist or something. And for those that do have hope for them, those that have been vocal about this, and think they might happen... I can only wish the best of luck for all of you, and my sincere respect.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Banjo is in, then I doubt he's saved until the very final reveal. Sadly, that prolongs all of our suffering!

It actually feels this time like he's at our fingertips, and I need it to happen SO badly. I'll legitimately never look at Smash as complete until Banjo (and only Banjo) is included.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Banjo is in, then I doubt he's saved until the very final reveal. Sadly, that prolongs all of our suffering!

It actually feels this time like he's at our fingertips, and I need it to happen SO badly. I'll legitimately never look at Smash as complete until Banjo (and only Banjo) is included.
Gonna be hard to pull off more than half those moves without Kazooie.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like people severely dramatize possible interactions between Nintendo and Microsoft. We already know they have a working relationship because of crossplay, so we already know they're willing to work with each other.

Not to mention there were Banjo & Kazooie games on the game boy advance even after Microsoft purchased Rare.

Then there's Phil Spencer literally saying they'd be ok with Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash.

What more do you want?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

The longer they delay his reveal the more likely it gets that they'll be leaked ruining the surprise. No way this game won't be leaked by like early November.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not really Banjo-Kazooie related, But Everyone here is aware that Rare made games for the GBA and DS post buyout ,but what I always found pretty interesting and it doesn't get brought up much is how Viva Piñata made it's way on the DS, While it's not that much of surprise with Donkey Kong or Banjo-Kazooie on the GBA since they have origins and history with Nintendo, But Viva Piñata debuted and was one of Rare's bigger and original IP's during the Xbox 360 era and has no ties with Nintendo, Yet was pretty successful on the DS, Goes to show that Microsoft would even allow Rare IP's on Nintendo's platform that had no history to begin with them either.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
From what I've heard, Microsoft had a blanket "Do what you like on handhelds, it's not our terrain" policy with them from the beginning.
Which is why they're not competitors, the Switch is a handheld. Microsoft ain't stepping on Nintendos toes even with cross promotion.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
sometimes i wonder if rare stayed with nintendo what kind of banjo kazooie would we have got during the wii ? clearly banjo & kazooie would of got motion control moves & puzzeles I wonder if rare would of made it fun & not just shoe horned in ? Banjo-Wiieie ?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
They sure as hell would have been in Smash by now that's for sure !!! As great as it is to see a big Banjo-Kazooie/Rare community help push them into Smash, I still wish Nintendo would have just outright bought Rare so we wouldn't have to be torturing ourselves each day through this excruciating wait of uncertainty.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
so the leak with course kids & shadow are fake some guy came out on twitter & clamed it

YEAH I wish nintendo would just BUY rare or maybe M$ will finally see that the market for these IP are behoned the xbox & are at nintendo & let rare make games for nintendo systems like they did with minecraft

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
For the record if Nintendo bought Rare, which they won't because it makes 0 business sense, most the franchises would go the way of F-Zero.

Nintendo already has a 3D platformer series, Mario. If Nintendo owned Banjo, they wouldn't waste good ideas on a less lucurative franchise. They sure have no ability to make first person shooters so Perfect Dark wouldn't go anywhere. Nintendo couldnt do Conker's brand of raunchy UK comedy. People used to make the sane arguement that Nintendo would make better Megaman games than Capcom, which i think that's even unrealistic when Nintendo already has 2D Mario, Donkey Kong, and Kirby games to focus on.

The best justice would be Sakurai rectifying the past by getting Banjo in Smash just this one time, something he probably deserved 18 years ago.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wish more than anything that Microsoft would let Nintendo ransack their Rare IPs. Even if it was just the Diddy Kong Racing cast.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
By that logic why make kirby & yoshi games when they have mario ? & there is no F-zero B/C Miyamoto refuses to make one unless there is a new steringwheel control machanic as he said in an interview. they could let retro or some other studio take a shot at a banjo game

OR lets say yes nintendo never gave us a new banjo game BUT they would of put banjo IN mario tennis, golf, baseball, kart, party, olyimpics & so on & sakurai would of put him in brawl or smash 4 by now so I'd still take banjo to be owned by nintendo

plus rare would be owned by nintendo so the british humore would still be there & they would just make the games they want even DK would of been better off in the gamecube days & we would of got donkey kong racing witch banjo would of been in so no it would of made business sense & there IP would not have went the way of F-zero

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Jiminy Crickets, looks like a lot's been happening this weekend in the Banjo-Kazooie forum! While I try not to give leaks much thought, its pretty hard to not get excited about seeing your favorite video game characters possibly finally getting into the greatest video game crossover of all time! And not only that, but to have so many people not only want Banjo-Kazooie to return to Nintendo and be in Smash, but to actually think they have a chance this time. I'll be so disappointed and sad if they don't get into this game, whether the base game or DLC. I'm also super happy that people feel like Banjo-Kazooie are really the only other character left to make this game feel ultimate, other than maybe Geno and Issac and a few other characters.

I feel like if they make it in and they decide to release the original Banjo games onto the Switch with maybe a remastered version, it'll be the best possible thing for the bear and bird in years and something they deserve, especially on their twentieth anniversary.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
sometimes i wonder if rare stayed with nintendo what kind of banjo kazooie would we have got during the wii ? clearly banjo & kazooie would of got motion control moves & puzzeles I wonder if rare would of made it fun & not just shoe horned in ? Banjo-Wiieie ?
Well we know that they handled Kinect Sports pretty reasonably so we know that they could adapt to motion control technology. And the FPS segments would make for a super obvious motion control fit. Maybe realistic breaststoke swimming and more easily controlable flight, too?
The minigames would be gimmicky as all hell but they'd've found a way to make that entertaining, I think.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I'd love to see Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and it certainly feels like this is the right time for them to appear.

Put me in the Support list.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think that Banjo & Kazooie have a legitimate chance. Their chances are still low, yes, and drop precipitously if we have the final stage count (pls no, more than 4 new stages pls). But when you look at the reveals for last time--you had Mega-Man and PAC-Man--two of the biggest "Why haven't they been in Smash yet?" characters. And now we have Simon Belmont, one of the few remaining in that category as well. I feel Banjo & Kazooie exemplify that element, while not Mega Man levels of iconic, still being Nintendo icons in their day, and would have certainly been in Smash had it not been for those legal concerns. There's not that many characters that would make as much sense. Even the heavily talked about characters--Skull Kid, Geno--the former is Nintendo-owned and can be in whenever Sakurai wants, the latter is probably only wanted by Smash fans, for the most part. Banjo & Kazooie make the most sense, to me.

Of course, I have to try very hard into not talking myself into B&K being in Smash, as it's difficult not to. While Microsoft is not a concern (and wasn't even before Spencer's tweet), Nintendo is--they could see it as not benefiting them as much as it benefits Microsoft, regardless of what we think of any potential rivalries (even before Nintendo-Microsoft team up, I never considered them rivals, as Nintendo does their own thing anyways). Another is whether Sakurai would consider them--he did potentially consider them in Melee, and since he's referenced the ballot in character decisions, B&K's name must have come up--but maybe for one reason or another Sakurai himself could have personally not chosen to consider them, focusing on other things. And yes, I'm still anxious about the stage count. No third party has yet to come in without a stage, and B&K would certainly have one in my eyes. It's hard to see that as the case right now (why only four new stages, and why reveal them all so early). But it's one of those things where it may have been obvious in hindsight that it was the case.

I still have hope, they're certainly not impossible, even if their likelihood is low. But I feel like with Ridley and K Rool both being revealed so early, why lead with the heavy hitters only to fizzle out at the end? I feel like there has to be an unlikely surprise to round out the reveals, and Banjo & Kazooie make the most sense.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
so the leak with course kids & shadow are fake some guy came out on twitter & clamed it

YEAH I wish nintendo would just BUY rare or maybe M$ will finally see that the market for these IP are behoned the xbox & are at nintendo & let rare make games for nintendo systems like they did with minecraft
Is that the one with the pics?

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Cap'n Jack Cap'n Jack its the leaks with that agnes chick & shadow & skull kid
Yeah, that was the one where they also showed a N64esque render of Banjo and Kazooie. However, as far as I know the render where Banjo has freckles has not been debunked yet right? Neither the Sausage-Fingers Banjo one.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, somebody on this thread has been using it as their avatar. Are Banjo & Kazooie the only character to have 3 different high quality fan renders? Like if that doesn't spell out how popular they are I don't know what does.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430078305/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak
1535909243982.jpg

So this new one appeared. So far i can't find the actual model used for it. The backpack edfinitely looks way more detailed than some crappy models i've seen for smash 4, so this model ain't one of them as far as i've been able to tell. Also people are saying "duh it's same mario running stance". Yeah well check Banjo's running stance in canon game and tell me if it's not similar anyway… so "it's mario's running stance" is not really valid, specially when this is a stationary pict and we can't really tell how the movement goes from just looking at one single frame. So far it hasn't been debunked, just people jumping to the conclusion it's fake, and it might be, but there's no solid debunking to it yet… similar to the pict where he appeared with dixie (unless I have missed how they debunked that one…). Thoughts? Can't make much of it with just this of course…

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want them in Smash, I can't help but hope their model would be better than any of these stills we've been seeing recently. I feel like most of them have been so lacking, even from a "wip" standpoint. I'd feel absolutely cheated if they got in and their final appearance felt inferior to the rest of the roster.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
can't tell if its the photo quality but it looks like a unfinished model IMO real or not

but DUDE this is on switch ! don't it have a capture button ???

OK unless i see banjo hit k rool with kazooie i won't beleve it ! some one as the leaker to get a pic of that !

or on a new stage like new donk ?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430078305/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak
View attachment 161362
So this new one appeared. So far i can't find the actual model used for it. The backpack edfinitely looks way more detailed than some crappy models i've seen for smash 4, so this model ain't one of them as far as i've been able to tell. Also people are saying "duh it's same mario running stance". Yeah well check Banjo's running stance in canon game and tell me if it's not similar anyway… so "it's mario's running stance" is not really valid, specially when this is a stationary pict and we can't really tell how the movement goes from just looking at one single frame. So far it hasn't been debunked, just people jumping to the conclusion it's fake, and it might be, but there's no solid debunking to it yet… similar to the pict where he appeared with dixie (unless I have missed how they debunked that one…). Thoughts? Can't make much of it with just this of course…
I think it's interesting that it's shown off on an old stage.

If it were me and I had access to every stage then I would choose to show them off a new stage to further prove my legitimacy.

Though is this supposed to be an ESRB leak? I guess in that case they would only have access to images given to them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom