• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, Microsoft handled Rare's IPs terribly. I still shudder when thinking about... ugh... Young Conker. I wouldn't mind that much if at least they had made the promised Conker's Other Bad Fur Day and Banjo-Threeie the way they should have been, but right now their situation is just hopeless.

And HOLY SMOKES, the Direct!!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Direct time ! I'm staying off the internet untill then on the rare chance of spoilers

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The only Rare IP's that I can see maybe do well on Xbox is Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct since they have more mature appeal, But the KI reboot did 'Well" at best and PD Zero on the Xbox 360 didn't catch on either, Microsoft took a shot at trying to establish new franchises (Quantum Break and Recore) ,but failed and I don't think dormant franchises would fair that much better, Let's be honest if it's not Halo, Gears, Forza or a major 3rd party game ,it's probably going to go unnoticed.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The only Rare IP's that I can see maybe do well on Xbox is Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct since they have more mature appeal, But the KI reboot did 'Well" at best and PD Zero on the Xbox 360 didn't catch on either, Microsoft took a shot at trying to establish new franchises (Quantum Break and Recore) ,but failed and I don't think dormant franchises would fair that much better, Let's be honest if it's not Halo, Gears, Forza or a major 3rd party game ,it's probably going to go unnoticed.
It's because of this that Banjo & Kazooie need to be in this game, to show both Nintendo and Microsoft that the characters are still beloved and in desperate need of a recharging of their franchise. They were beloved icons in the N64 era and what's been done with them is tragic, especially on their twentieth anniversary that went by with only a promotional plug for Sea of Thieves, which is kaka. The fact that they're among the highest requested third-party characters has got to say something and the constant badgering by fans on twitter to Microsoft & Rare can't go unnoticed.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm not expecting the Bear & Bird tomorrow, but if Issac, Geno, or even Skull Kid get announced, I'll be super hyped for their chances!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Speaking of Rare, how come Kameo didn’t sell too well? The reviews seemed good.
Also, I need to try Jet Force Gemeni.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Speaking of Rare, how come Kameo didn’t sell too well? The reviews seemed good.
Also, I need to try Jet Force Gemeni.
Likely because of the Xbox demographic, The only Rare games that I recall that sold like hotcakes post buyout era were Kinect Sports and they only did well because it was during the Wii/Kinect motion control era where the casual audience was a huge market ,but quickly faded away years later when Kinect Sports Rivals flopped at Xbox One's launch window, Plus at that point no one gave a damn about Kinect and motion controls anymore which in turn ended that era of gaming.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Alright, I'm feeling them this time. Whether with an announcement of the N64 mini or not, I think based on proper speculation in the past week, we could be seeing these guys. Sure, I'd rather them saved for the end, but who cares! Banjo-Kazooie, baby!! I'm on the hype train, and it's too late... *puts on a Banjo-Kazooie OST loop for 30 hours. Here I go!

Really, anything could happen. But after K. Rool, I've got big hopes.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
With the direct now rescheduled thought I'd pass by again to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow! Banjo Kazooie please come back home!

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice

Admit it; if Banjo does make it in, you'd all want this theme to play during his reveal trailer. It's the most hype-inducing track I can think of at this point.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Admit it; if Banjo does make it in, you'd all want this theme to play during his reveal trailer. It's the most hype-inducing track I can think of at this point.
I'd prefer a more orchestral version of the original theme instead of this rock remix, but I wouldn't complain if it was lol

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I'd prefer a more orchestral version of the original theme instead of this rock remix, but I wouldn't complain if it was lol
An orchestral rendition would be brilliant too (probably as a new remix), but I think the Nuts and Bolts rendition is more suiting for their trailer reveal since it really captures that hype and energy that Smash Bros trailers are often praised for.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Just a reminder to my Banjobros here: even if the bear and bird aren't revealed in this direct, the dream ain't dead. There's still many months before release and we know that any newcomer being shown in this direct won't be the be-all end-all of the final roster.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Prayin' for the duo to be revealed tomorrow!

Also, I keep seeing ads everywhere online for the first 4 figures Banjo Kazooie. Im not spending that kinda momey on a statue, but man I still want it!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I sincerely hope we might get our newest 3rd Party surprise in form of these two, tomorrow or later. As it is, the momentum from last Smash-directs and newcomer hype would make it extra-ripe to keep it going with Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Prayin' for the duo to be revealed tomorrow!

Also, I keep seeing ads everywhere online for the first 4 figures Banjo Kazooie. Im not spending that kinda momey on a statue, but man I still want it!
Same here (for both points, actually, though If Bear and Bird are in the game, I bet Sakurai will wait until the final day!). Looked at the statue once and now whenever I'm browsing these SmasherBoards I see the statue taunting me with its greatness and expensiveness.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah the banjo statue is SO much $$$ but hay at least were getting that smaller figure & plush some time this year

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I really want the plushie, It would look at home with some of my other plushies, I just hope that it's based off their N64 look which I'm sure it will.

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I really want the plushie, It would look at home with some of my other plushies, I just hope that it's based off their N64 look which I'm sure it will.
Considering the First4Figures statue is already based off their N64 look, I have no doubt the plush will too. Are there any pics of the plush or was it just an announcement?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Alright, I'm feeling them this time. Whether with an announcement of the N64 mini or not, I think based on proper speculation in the past week, we could be seeing these guys. Sure, I'd rather them saved for the end, but who cares! Banjo-Kazooie, baby!! I'm on the hype train, and it's too late... *puts on a Banjo-Kazooie OST loop for 30 hours. Here I go!
I really want the N64 Classic Edition to actually happen! Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie included would be even better!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace

Actually if we're talking about a grandiose and kinda gaudy "Yep, it's them" trailer, I think this would be far more fitting.

...And I'm hoping Grunty talks through their trailer, like how Doc talked through Little Mac's trailer ( and then she introduces herself as a boss )

EDIT: On the topic of an N64 mini, I've wanted that for a while, but got fed up with waiting and bought a used N64 and an Everdrive 64 because I had been itching to play all the Rare titles that never got re-released, among other N64 games I never played before and games I didn't want to dig out my old Wii for;... but you know I'd still buy an N64 mini to keep my mini console collection going... I'd probably play it more than my actual N64 if it comes with any cool features like the borders, filters, or other things.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Banjo and K Rool in the same Smash Brothers. Who would’ve thought? This truly is the Ultimate Smash Brothers.

Course I’ll still want Dixie and Funky as echoes. If both of those were in the roster would be perfect and incredible.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Banjo and K Rool in the same Smash Brothers. Who would’ve thought? This truly is the Ultimate Smash Brothers.

Course I’ll still want Dixie and Funky as echoes. If both of those were in the roster would be perfect and incredible.
Let's not celebrate yet. Their chances are better than ever, but you can say the same for a lot of characters frankly. But I'm hoping the dice fall in our favor, tomorrow or later. Ridley and K. Rool actually blew me away, the only character left who can do that to me again is Banjo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
One of the things I'm looking forward to most for the N64 Classic Edition is playing N64 games in HD via an HDMI port, If we can get both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on there at the level of it's Rare Replay ports I would buy it Day 1.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tomorrow we wait.

I'm hoping we get Banjo-Kazooie or Skull Kid or both

If we get an N64 Classic, hopefully Nintendo found a way to get the bear and bird on it :)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Kinda wacky that Loz is hinting at Banjo-Kazooie for this Direct. I don't necessarily trust the guy but what else can the "Two Familiar Faces" mean other than BK? I dunno, I kinda hope he's legit now because not only will Banjo be in but it'll also kill the 103 total stage speculation, which means the door is open for Isaac and more unrepresented series in Ultimate. Let's hope!

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Kinda wacky that Loz is hinting at Banjo-Kazooie for this Direct. I don't necessarily trust the guy but what else can the "Two Familiar Faces" mean other than BK? I dunno, I kinda hope he's legit now because not only will Banjo be in but it'll also kill the 103 total stage speculation, which means the door is open for Isaac and more unrepresented series in Ultimate. Let's hope!
Plus, with Vergeben saying Minecraft will have some sort of representation, hoping for the best!

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Might be petty of me but I would rather not see the wrench, aha. I never really saw them as a tether character, either. Between that and their ability to multi-jump and manipulate descent speed, your B&K would have dummy good recovery options. Well thought out moveset, though. Enjoyed reading it.

To back track / digress slightly, I feel and hope that Nuts N Bolts would go mostly untouched. Rare isn't doing anything with the series, and Sakurai would probably opt to focus on the era that made the characters famous. He's clearly willing to do such if he feels that fans would prefer this...
:ultkrool:
I don't think they should have a multi jump (if I implied that I didn't mean to, it'd be too good of a recovery then).
I can see the hate for the wrench and the grab and up tilt can be replaced for something else easily, but I still stand for the idea of using it for their neutral air since it was actually an attack they used in Nuts and Bolts and I think one move being a reference to the game wouldn't be too bad of a thing.

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
Where did he say this?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was thinking of that myself. It certainly points Banjo's direction, but maybe it could be others?
-Example: It was a cryptic meaning when LoZ stated it. Could be just Skull Kid. Meaning the two familiar faces as Skull Kid's and the Mask. (Doubtful)
-Another one I thought of could be Geno. Didn't LoZ say they were showing an assist trophy that would be hype (to some extent)? Could it be Geno with Mallow as an assist trophy?

That's all I got, but either way, we should be excited for what is to come!

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Here is the Loz18 leaks if anyone is interested

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
He didn’t just say “two faces” he also said among other things it’s “not a Pokémon”. Singular. So there’s one fighter being revealed. With two faces. Yep, could only be Banjo.

I’m really confident in this leak. I think LoZ sees parts of trailers/directs and tries to make guesses from there. The times which he’s been off have had correct elements (see mistaking the Heroes vs Villains stuff from the K Rool trailer for the story mode) which suggest he had seen some of it, and made a guess about what it was. Since this is pretty specifically about part of a trailer it seems like the kind of thing he might’ve snuck a peek at.

Top Bottom