• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
WARNING--- long post incoming

Content for Banjo-Kazooie I really like the idea of:

Stages - A lot could work in this department. Banjo-Kazooie is renowned for excellent levels, so considering that, there's plenty of great options that would please me and other fans.

1. Spiral Mountain
This is most likely going to be the represented stage if Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, if they would receive a stage at all. It is in all the games and is a central area. I would not choose it if it were my decision honestly. Compared to all the maps in the game, this one shows decent representation of all the games but is bland compared to the levels, which show more promise in appeal. UNLESS this is a moving stage and you are taken to different places throughout Isle O' Hags (to the entrance of levels, not into them), in which case that would be insanely cool to see. Any Banjo stage would make me go livid though.

2. Witchy World
This is definitely in my top 3 for Banjo-Kazooie stages. I do not know how popular it is among the community, but the atmosphere is unique and could be a "moving" level where you explore the different areas (my favorite being the space and horror sections + the tent).

3. Clanker's Cavern
Would be a fun addition in my opinion, but really only if the entire stage is on top of Clanker (the big shark).

4. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
People notoriously hate the music for this stage but it is kinda one of my favorites in level and music design. Can you imagine fighting underwater in Atlantis (because Mumbo gave you the power to breathe) and moving back up to the sunny area where you can see Mumbo's house?

5. Hailfire Peaks
This is the most likely outside of Spiral Mountain in my opinion. This level is really popular and would be really heavy in stage hazards and moving around (to represent the fire and ice sides). Fire hands, dodging the dragon's ice pellets, maybe throw the camel in there. Overall I support.

6. Grunty's Castle
This one is also pretty likely outside of Spiral Mountain. Maybe could host Grunty as a stage hazard/ have jinjo statues come out of the ground that you can feed with attacks/projectiles to beat her.

7. Mad Monster Mansion
I had to do it. I do not know if this level is popular but I LOVE it. I do not have any really big ideas for how this level can be represented properly, so I'm willing to hear them out.

Items - I have read in this forum that there are not many items that could be included in Smash, but I disagree. I do agree that they were hard to come up with and a bit crippled in that they are far-fetched or lack uniqueness. Honestly help me add to this.

1. Gold Feathers
This could work like an invincibility star or hammer, which is why I doubt it could happen, but we can dream. I imagine you can gather one and be invulunerable for a short time, also dealing high-knockback damage to players you touch.

2. Red Feathers
Gather one and fly for a period of time. Even though jetpack already does that.

3. Jinjos
Could offer potential power-ups depending on the color

Assist Trophies - There is a lot I can suggest here, but I will go with my favorite/most likely candidates.

1. Grunty
Flies around doing what Grunty does--- spell projectiles and swooping down occasionally. Dialogue would be seriously awesome.

2. Mumbo Jumbo
He could provide enhancements to the caster or hurt people around him with Mumbo Magic. He could summon the statue from Banjo-Tooie. He could change the character into a different forms. HE could just use his staff and paralyze enemies. There's a lot that could be done, and he is the secondary character for Banjo-Tooie, which is why he is easily the most likely AT in the list.

3. Klungo
Runs around and throws potions (with various effects) at enemies while walking around just like in the game. Could make you super sized or invisible if he has an ally support role.

4. Conga the Ape
Throws oranges at you, stops when you defeat him.

5. Nipper
Remains staionary but deals high knockback damage to those who come close enough to his claws.

Bosses - If the idea of bosses returning and being increasingly important is true, I think we all know Banjo-Kazooie has plenty of brilliant boss fights.

1. Grunty
Fairly obvious choice here. It would be so great if while you were fighting her, she would have dialogue (maybe even personalized to the character you are playing!) that insults you with her classic rhyming. Honestly the best and most likely choice.

2. Terry
Terry is hard to beat in the regular game in my opinion. She could potentially shoot little mucus enemies at you while you fight her, but there is not much aesthetic other than the dinosaur level being kinda popular.

3. Patchy
Patchy is one of my favorite bosses in the game. You could either pop his patches or you can just do damage to him, but in the process you will make him smaller and faster.

4. Chilli Billi and Chilly Willy
Again, Hailfire Peaks is really popular. These guys are really popular too. You could beat on a straight platform on Hailfire Peaks dodging their attacks like in the game--- ice/fire projectiles, tongue swaying, maybe other attacks added.

Honorable Mentions ---
Lord Woo Fak Fak, Mingy Jongo, Old King Coal, Targitzan, Weldar, Klungo

Trophies: If Banjo-Kazooie gets in, we can expect a decent amount of trophies to compliment his entry for a certaintly. You can actually expect things on this list to be in the game if Banjo is in.

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo
Kazooie
Jinjos
Banjo Transformations (like with Kirby copy abilities in Melee)
Mumbo Jumbo
Grunty
Grunty's Sisters
Klungo
Any Bosses (Chilli Billi, Chilly Willy, Targitzan, Terry, Old King Coal, etc)
Feathers
Jiggies
Jinjo King
Honey Bee
Canary Mary (killer of thumbs)
Enemies

Music: We all know the music is phenomenal, but which ones are the most important to include? These are personal favorites but I would love to hear your thoughts.

1. Spiral Mountain Theme
2. Final Battle
3. Witchy World
4. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Opening Theme
7. Mad Monster Mansion
8. Freezeezy Peak
9. Treasure Trove Cove
10. Glitter Gulch Mine
11. Cloud Cuckooland
12. Gobi's Valley

That's all! I know these are very unlikely but let me dream! What are your thoughts guys?

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
how much you wana bet banjo's reveal trailer will have bayo going god on everyone & banjo kazooie show up & beat her witch @$$ & sakurai reveals that bayo "won" the ballot for smash 4 but banjo won the ballot for ultimate !

D

Deleted member

Imagine if there was a Furnace Fun minigame about Smash Bros and Nintendo lore, with Grunty running the show and floor!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily a Furnace Fun thing, but the fact Smash doesn't include a bonus 4 Player You Don't Know Jack style Nintendo Trivia party game is a crime, especially with how deep Sakurai goes into the Nintendo library for things like trophies and assist trophies sometimes. I'd buy something like that even if it was standalone.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Furnace Fun could be a great game mode to put under games & more! Especially if they implement the game board and add panels that lead to special minigames in between the questions, like quick 1 on 1s, break the targets, or bosses with crazy twists. It would make trophy collecting much more fun too.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
smash tour should of been like old school mario party :/ then again mario party wasn't mario party for years now :/

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Never played a Banjo Kazooie game, but hes really popular, so I hope hes kn di all of you can be happy. Thought that way with K. Rool, and thinking that way for Geno and Issac

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Okay you guys, the past few comments got me thinking:

So you have Grunty as a stage boss hazard, BUT in the Spirits mode, as a Boss, you fight Grunty in Furnance Fun which tests you on Nintendo knowledge and random facts about the your own stats in the game

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
WARNING--- long post incoming

Content for Banjo-Kazooie I really like the idea of:

Stages - A lot could work in this department. Banjo-Kazooie is renowned for excellent levels, so considering that, there's plenty of great options that would please me and other fans.

1. Spiral Mountain
This is most likely going to be the represented stage if Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, if they would receive a stage at all. It is in all the games and is a central area. I would not choose it if it were my decision honestly. Compared to all the maps in the game, this one shows decent representation of all the games but is bland compared to the levels, which show more promise in appeal. UNLESS this is a moving stage and you are taken to different places throughout Isle O' Hags (to the entrance of levels, not into them), in which case that would be insanely cool to see. Any Banjo stage would make me go livid though.

2. Witchy World
This is definitely in my top 3 for Banjo-Kazooie stages. I do not know how popular it is among the community, but the atmosphere is unique and could be a "moving" level where you explore the different areas (my favorite being the space and horror sections + the tent).

3. Clanker's Cavern
Would be a fun addition in my opinion, but really only if the entire stage is on top of Clanker (the big shark).

4. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
People notoriously hate the music for this stage but it is kinda one of my favorites in level and music design. Can you imagine fighting underwater in Atlantis (because Mumbo gave you the power to breathe) and moving back up to the sunny area where you can see Mumbo's house?

5. Hailfire Peaks
This is the most likely outside of Spiral Mountain in my opinion. This level is really popular and would be really heavy in stage hazards and moving around (to represent the fire and ice sides). Fire hands, dodging the dragon's ice pellets, maybe throw the camel in there. Overall I support.

6. Grunty's Castle
This one is also pretty likely outside of Spiral Mountain. Maybe could host Grunty as a stage hazard/ have jinjo statues come out of the ground that you can feed with attacks/projectiles to beat her.

7. Mad Monster Mansion
I had to do it. I do not know if this level is popular but I LOVE it. I do not have any really big ideas for how this level can be represented properly, so I'm willing to hear them out.

Items - I have read in this forum that there are not many items that could be included in Smash, but I disagree. I do agree that they were hard to come up with and a bit crippled in that they are far-fetched or lack uniqueness. Honestly help me add to this.

1. Gold Feathers
This could work like an invincibility star or hammer, which is why I doubt it could happen, but we can dream. I imagine you can gather one and be invulunerable for a short time, also dealing high-knockback damage to players you touch.

2. Red Feathers
Gather one and fly for a period of time. Even though jetpack already does that.

3. Jinjos
Could offer potential power-ups depending on the color

Assist Trophies - There is a lot I can suggest here, but I will go with my favorite/most likely candidates.

1. Grunty
Flies around doing what Grunty does--- spell projectiles and swooping down occasionally. Dialogue would be seriously awesome.

2. Mumbo Jumbo
He could provide enhancements to the caster or hurt people around him with Mumbo Magic. He could summon the statue from Banjo-Tooie. He could change the character into a different forms. HE could just use his staff and paralyze enemies. There's a lot that could be done, and he is the secondary character for Banjo-Tooie, which is why he is easily the most likely AT in the list.

3. Klungo
Runs around and throws potions (with various effects) at enemies while walking around just like in the game. Could make you super sized or invisible if he has an ally support role.

4. Conga the Ape
Throws oranges at you, stops when you defeat him.

5. Nipper
Remains staionary but deals high knockback damage to those who come close enough to his claws.

Bosses - If the idea of bosses returning and being increasingly important is true, I think we all know Banjo-Kazooie has plenty of brilliant boss fights.

1. Grunty
Fairly obvious choice here. It would be so great if while you were fighting her, she would have dialogue (maybe even personalized to the character you are playing!) that insults you with her classic rhyming. Honestly the best and most likely choice.

2. Terry
Terry is hard to beat in the regular game in my opinion. She could potentially shoot little mucus enemies at you while you fight her, but there is not much aesthetic other than the dinosaur level being kinda popular.

3. Patchy
Patchy is one of my favorite bosses in the game. You could either pop his patches or you can just do damage to him, but in the process you will make him smaller and faster.

4. Chilli Billi and Chilly Willy
Again, Hailfire Peaks is really popular. These guys are really popular too. You could beat on a straight platform on Hailfire Peaks dodging their attacks like in the game--- ice/fire projectiles, tongue swaying, maybe other attacks added.

Honorable Mentions ---
Lord Woo Fak Fak, Mingy Jongo, Old King Coal, Targitzan, Weldar, Klungo

Trophies: If Banjo-Kazooie gets in, we can expect a decent amount of trophies to compliment his entry for a certaintly. You can actually expect things on this list to be in the game if Banjo is in.

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo
Kazooie
Jinjos
Banjo Transformations (like with Kirby copy abilities in Melee)
Mumbo Jumbo
Grunty
Grunty's Sisters
Klungo
Any Bosses (Chilli Billi, Chilly Willy, Targitzan, Terry, Old King Coal, etc)
Feathers
Jiggies
Jinjo King
Honey Bee
Canary Mary (killer of thumbs)
Enemies

Music: We all know the music is phenomenal, but which ones are the most important to include? These are personal favorites but I would love to hear your thoughts.

1. Spiral Mountain Theme
2. Final Battle
3. Witchy World
4. Jolly Roger's Lagoon
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Opening Theme
7. Mad Monster Mansion
8. Freezeezy Peak
9. Treasure Trove Cove
10. Glitter Gulch Mine
11. Cloud Cuckooland
12. Gobi's Valley

That's all! I know these are very unlikely but let me dream! What are your thoughts guys?
I like it! One of the great things about Banjo & Kazooie that many people don't realize is the breadth of moves, characters, music, and overall content that would be perfect for Smash.

For stages, I think Spiral Mountain and Grunty's Castle are the most likely. There's something nostalgic about Spiral Mountain, and I think it could be an interesting stage, if done right, though it can seem fairly plain. For items, I like Gold Feathers, or Jinjos if they could work. I'm not familiar with stat boosts, and how they could work. Mumbo Jumbo just jumps at me for being the perfect assist trophy. Turn your opponent into a useless washing machine and pummel them. Grunty is the perfect choice for a stage boss as well, and I feel like Grunty's Rhymes could be this game's Snake's Codecs and Palutena's Guidance. And of the music choices, my favorites are Freezeezy Peak and Rusty Bucket Bay. I could see a plethora of music being in, as I feel like Microsoft would take a more hands off approach (more so than Square, anyways). Perhaps around 20-30 songs could be included. But yeah, love all those ideas, and it gave me food for thought as there are some unlikely gems in there. I'll have to think more on it, particularly with stages.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My goodness, these next couple of (whatever time frame we have til the next direct) is gonna be HARD!
I have been a long time lurker since Brawl days and I decided this is now the time to throw in support and discussion!
I was not fortunate to play Banjo & Kazooie when it first came out, but I did play it and Tooie years back. I love those games to death! The humor, the gameplay EVERYTHING was incredible til the end credits and on.

So to pass the time, if (and when) Banjo & Kazooie return home, what sort of event matches would the duo be in? One I had in mind could be with K. Rool and it would be called 'A Rare Mash!?'.

Also if it wasn't clear, I would like to be on the support list :kirby:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Rayman is outta of my list Banjo is my new number 1 most wanted character or maybe Tails I dont know dont mind me.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
just finished a 100% playthrough of Tooie on Rare Replay. Easily my favorite 3d platformer ever made. that second Canary Mary race will always be a god damn nightmare though

Anyway what tagline would you guys come up with for B&K if they made it in? Obviously a Rare reference would be cool. Maybe some allusion to both of them being named after instruments? Not clever enough to come up with something right now lol

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if banjo & dixie both get in dixie better have at least one alt with the rare logo on her hat

i always wished that her rare logo got replaced with the super famicom 4 colors logo since thats when she 1st appeared & that she keeped her knee thingys

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Anyway what tagline would you guys come up with for B&K if they made it in? Obviously a Rare reference would be cool. Maybe some allusion to both of them being named after instruments? Not clever enough to come up with something right now lol
Hmmmm Banjo & Kazooie Strum Along! Banjo & Kazooie Bring the Noise! Banjo & Kazooie Chime In!
Those are a couple of ones off the top of my head.

Eternium

Smash Rookie
The idea of a Witchy World stage is incredible. I’d even buy it as DLC if possible.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm Banjo & Kazooie Strum Along! Banjo & Kazooie Bring the Noise! Banjo & Kazooie Chime In!
Those are a couple of ones off the top of my head.
I've always been partial to "Banjo & Kazooie Get Jiggy with It!" myself, but what would be really great is if they made something that just tugs at the heartstrings. Imagine this...

Banjo & Kazooie Come Home...

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I've always been partial to "Banjo & Kazooie Get Jiggy with It!" myself, but what would be really great is if they made something that just tugs at the heartstrings. Imagine this...

Would Microsoft even allow that?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

That would be the best one! (Only if Microsoft was cool with that).
But to add more, Banjo & Kazooie Soars in! Banjo & Kazooie Even the Score! And a very 'Rare' style one...Banjo & Kazooie Rustles our Jiggys! (Sorry not sorry)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My goodness, these next couple of (whatever time frame we have til the next direct) is gonna be HARD!
I have been a long time lurker since Brawl days and I decided this is now the time to throw in support and discussion!
I was not fortunate to play Banjo & Kazooie when it first came out, but I did play it and Tooie years back. I love those games to death! The humor, the gameplay EVERYTHING was incredible til the end credits and on.

So to pass the time, if (and when) Banjo & Kazooie return home, what sort of event matches would the duo be in? One I had in mind could be with K. Rool and it would be called 'A Rare Mash!?'.

Also if it wasn't clear, I would like to be on the support list :kirby:
I love the idea of a Rare mash-up type event. When K Rool got in, though I was never able to play Donkey Kong 64, his Final Smash sent Rare vibes down my spine as it was so instantly recognizable and filled me with nostalgia--despite being unable to play the game (as I didn't have the expansion pak).

just finished a 100% playthrough of Tooie on Rare Replay. Easily my favorite 3d platformer ever made. that second Canary Mary race will always be a god damn nightmare though

I love a lot of these. Often times I'm disappointed with the tag lines, so I thought a plain one could be "Soars into Battle", emphasizing Kazooie's flight being their main hook. "Splatters the Competition" if eggs are the main gimmick. I do love the musical puns being presented. Not sure anything beats "Getting Jiggy With It", despite it being something they wouldn't do.

Banjo & Kazooie Double-Team the Competition!
We have a winner. :joyful:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I'm still partial to "Banjo & Kazooie complete the puzzle" as part of a final character reveal. Otherwise, I think "Banjo & Kazooie rise and shine" is a perfect line, referencing both their flight/jiggy elements and how they stand above all other possible newcomers in demand/significance at least as far as I'm concerned :)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm still partial to "Banjo & Kazooie complete the puzzle" as part of a final character reveal. Otherwise, I think "Banjo & Kazooie rise and shine" is a perfect line, referencing both their flight/jiggy elements and how they stand above all other possible newcomers in demand/significance at least as far as I'm concerned :)
That's an excellent tagline! And it would also be like they're waking up from a long hibernation. ^^

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Rise and Shine is the best tagline I've ever seen!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Bayo was added because she was presumably a low end popular ballot character, and Bayonetta 1&2's Wii-U ports making her animations, stage graphics. and music easy and quick to rip and paste into Smash with only minor work. Plus the fact they were probably already aware of Bayonetta 3 and wanted to promote that. I know a lot of people find Bayonetta and Corrin to be pretty cynical advertising picks, but neither of them really hurt Banjo's chances. In fact all the DLC characters in Smash 4 now just feel like they were padding out time while working in Ultimate where they are putting more actual fan favorites.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Bayo was added because she was presumably a low end popular ballot character, and Bayonetta 1&2's Wii-U ports making her animations, stage graphics. and music easy and quick to rip and paste into Smash with only minor work. Plus the fact they were probably already aware of Bayonetta 3 and wanted to promote that. I know a lot of people find Bayonetta and Corrin to be pretty cynical advertising picks, but neither of them really hurt Banjo's chances. In fact all the DLC characters in Smash 4 now just feel like they were padding out time while working in Ultimate where they are putting more actual fan favorites.
Bayonetta was being worked on, in all likelihood, before the ballot went up, since data she shares with ZSS is in the first DLC update.

StormC

Smash Hero
I agree with what was said earlier in that I don't think Nintendo or Microsoft probably want to acknowledge what happened to Banjo in Smash. They avoided talking about it with K. Rool in any capacity (at best they implied it with the trailer), since it would probably involve a lot of toe stepping.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Was just thinking, if the next character reveal is either Issac or Skull Kid, keep an eye out for the bear and bird... Issac is the next highest requested character to get into Smash before Banjo & Kazooie and while I don't like to support or rely on leaks, that one leak of the CSS with Skull Kid and a glimpse of Banjo-Kazooie next to him and King K. Rool was pretty convincing. Unless that was debunked and I didn't hear about it. But still, if Issac makes it in, it's a good sign Banjo & Kazooie won't be far behind hopefully.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
man we are going to need a better switch carring case that can hold gamecube contolers a smash case

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
But still, if Issac makes it in, it's a good sign Banjo & Kazooie won't be far behind hopefully.
Sakurai said in an interview with Famitsu that he was looking to the ballot for characters, where Banjo & Kazooie did more than well. Combine that with Microsoft and Nintendo teaming up lately and I think BK is pretty likely on that alone. Just the name "Ultimate" seems to be significant, they really want this to be the ultimate smash game. Considering people have been asking for Banjo & Kazooie since the days of melee, I think their time has come.

...and maybe a certain iconic super soldier could follow them into Smash...

Last edited:
Top Bottom