• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Here's an interesting thought I just had: If Banjo & Kazooie make it into the game, how heavy would they be? Would they be on par with Donkey Kong, Banjo being a bear and all? Slightly heavier with Kazooie? Lighter because he has a smaller size and appearance akin to Mario in Contrast to big guys like Donkey Kong and Bowser and (presumably) King K. Rool?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
banjo would probly feel like he dose in his games so like mario i would say even with kazooie in the backback banjo is strong bear so thats not a problem i say around marioish heavyness & speed ?

banjo man posted more "banjo leaks" lol XD its on the L O L stage

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Guys! I just had a great idea. Or terrible depending on how you see it. How would you all feel if they not only added Banjo and Kazooie, but they gave them 3 play styles? They'd play as one by default as per BK, and but you could also select one or the other based on their solo play in BT!

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Nazyrus Nazyrus that banjo pic HAS to be fake B/C it made me laugh out loud nonstop ! XD I feel a real leak would not have that effect on me XD

JonSmash JonSmash so its confemed fake ?

maf91186 maf91186 I would be down with a 3 move set switch machanic like pokemon trainer B&K solo banjo & solo kazooie is fine with me (will kazooie where the backpack with banjo in it ??? LOL )

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Nazyrus Nazyrus that banjo pic HAS to be fake B/C it made me laugh out loud nonstop ! XD I feel a real leak would not have that effect on me XD

JonSmash JonSmash so its confemed fake ?

maf91186 maf91186 I would be down with a 3 move set switch machanic like pokemon trainer B&K solo banjo & solo kazooie is fine with me (will kazooie where the backpack with banjo in it ??? LOL )
I was thinking more along the line of permanent choice per fight, but it would be interesting to see how in fight switching would be implemented lol

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I feel like Banjo would be on the heavier end, not quite a middle weight or a heavy weight, somewhere around ROB or Link.

Snake's excuse for being a heavyweight is all the equipment he carries, and Banjo has a backpack with a bird and who knows how many collectibles.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
yeah but banjo is a bear snake a human & banjo feels light in his games but you may be right

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, that was the one where they also showed a N64esque render of Banjo and Kazooie. However, as far as I know the render where Banjo has freckles has not been debunked yet right? Neither the Sausage-Fingers Banjo one.
Yeah, aside from people's "feelings" on the renders we've seen so far, those two aren't technically debunked yet. And regardless of real or not, I genuinely think the "freckles" render is legit good. The feathers on Kazooie's head being altered to call back to the feather items is really, really great, and their expressions really evoke their "bickering besties" dynamic.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, I would think Banjo-Kazooie would lean more heavy than medium in weight. He's a big brown bear, plus he has a bird in his backpack, I'd hope he'd pack a wallop too!

Though I don't think he should be anywhere near as heavy as DK, I could see him near Snake's weight class, or yeah, ROB.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I’ve read a lot of movesets for the bear and bird, but I don’t see the ability pads (shock jump, flight) or Kazooie’s boots/shoes mentioned much. Which gets me thinking, as did the above “leak” of Banjo running: would his running animation be the Talon Trot, or would that be more fitting of a second “form” for the character, factoring in the limit of the transformation time in the game (BK) itself? What about the Running Shoes?

As for the pads, I feel like the Shock Jump Pad would work as a fun Up+B that works either specifically while they’re grounded, or in another “form”. Naturally it’d be kind of garbage offstage. Just fun to think about. :D

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm hoping the Talon Trot is the full run speed animation as well, just as Inkling's full run speed animation is turning into a squid (from what I've heard anyway). Though running shoes might be a bit much, or if they are used, maybe for a side special? I dunno, Talon Trot would be sufficient for me though.

Instead of Shock Jump Pad, which would be cool, I'd prefer the Springy Step Shoes from Tooie. Just so a pad doesn't just appear out of nowhere, then again, if you're in mid-air, you wouldn't be springing off of anything, so heh, yeah, maybe Shock Jump Pad might work out after all (or just a flight move?).

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the Talon Trot is the full run speed animation as well, just as Inkling's full run speed animation is turning into a squid (from what I've heard anyway). Though running shoes might be a bit much, or if they are used, maybe for a side special? I dunno, Talon Trot would be sufficient for me though.

Instead of Shock Jump Pad, which would be cool, I'd prefer the Springy Step Shoes from Tooie. Just so a pad doesn't just appear out of nowhere, then again, if you're in mid-air, you wouldn't be springing off of anything, so heh, yeah, maybe Shock Jump Pad might work out after all (or just a flight move?).
Sonic, Snake, Pac-Man and Mega Man (all ironically 3rd party characters) all materialize things out of thin air to recover, so a spring pad appearing shouldn't be an issue at all.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Banjo doesn't even have to materialize anything out of midair, if the animators wanted he has a backpack so they can literally just pull out anything from the games

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
A Banjo-Kazooie moveset.

Run animation: During Banjo’s run of average speed, Kazooie seemlessly takes over with a burst of speed. This will change the power and orientation of their dash attack: Forward Roll, which would become Backward Roll.
Jumps: Banjo and Kazooie could have multiple jumps. My feelings guide me to 3-4 jumps. One from the ground and 2-3 flaps of Kazooie’s wings.

Moveset

Jab: Claw swipes. Something Banjo does other than carry the real hero of the story around.

Dash attack: Forward roll. Donkey Kong has seen better, but he acknowledges the skillz
When Kazooie takes over, Banjo is on his back, facing backwards, so they will roll backwards, leaving Banjo standing the opposite direction, possibly setting up for a Back Air.

Forward Tilt: Banjo whips has backpack out front like it’s a flail, angering Kazooie, Who was pretty sure he was supposed to wait til she wasn’t in it anymore.

Up Tilt: Kazooie emerges from the backpack swiping from front to back with a wing.

Down tilt: Kazooie(as usual) springs forward and downward to peck at her favorite meal. Toes.

Forward Smash: Beak Barge! During start up frames Banjo readies himself for a shoulder check maneuver. As the attack initiates, Banjo leans in and pushes forward as Kazooie extends a powerful, boulder-shattering beak forwards.

Up Smash: Banjo arches a shoulder upward as Kazooie launches his head upward from the backpack for the first hit, rapidly retracting himself while spitting up a short range grenade egg upwards that connects with the opponent before exploding, which is where all the knockback of the attack comes from. Missing with the egg grenade will cause it to linger at it’s peak for only a brief moment before exploding anyways.

Down Smash: Banjo leans down swinging both arms out to each side with a short range, low damage and slight knockback, Kazooie emerging immediately afterward to show Banjo exactly how the pros flap downward, having more range and much greater power from this second hit.

Neutral Air: Banjo whips his backpack around his body.

Forward Air: Rat-a-tat Rap! Kazooie pops out of the pack for three beak attacks in quick succession.

Up Air: Banjo swings his backpack upward for the first hit, while Kazooie erupts a beak upward for the second.

Back Air: Kazooie uses her own legs to deliver a powerful drop kick from Banjo’s back.

Down Air: Beak Buster! Banjo executes a midair flip only halfway as to remain upside down as Kazooie extends her beak downward, rapidly descending for a powerful falling blow.

Grab: Banjo simply reaches out with an underhanded grip. Kazooie holds her head out of the pack, ready to bring the pain.

Pummel: Kazooie beaks at that noggin.

Forward Throw: Banjo tosses the opponent out and up as Kazooie launches two eggs to catch the opponent mid-flight.

Back Throw: Kazooie nabs the opponent out of Banjo’s hands(which he hates) and tosses the opponent backwards by rearing her head back.

Down Throw: Banjo slams the opponent flat on the ground as he uses his other hand to brag Kazooie by her throat to club his probe opponent, bouncing them off the floor.

Up Throw: Kazooie extends her feet from the backpack, lifting both an unsuspecting Banjo and the opponent up before bucking Banjo’s head upwards into the opponent.

Specials!

Neutral: Egg Shot! This move works in two ways.
1. Tapping the special button results in Kazooie shooting eggs horizontally forward. The projectiles are medium speed and somewhat weak.
2. Holding the button will allow you to use the analog stick to choose a direction, angle and type of attack! Forward or diagonally forward will shoot eggs as the first way does, except they can be angled up or down.
Holding the stick backwards will cause the eggs to come out of...the other end, bouncing three times before breaking.

NOTE: Other types of eggs will be used at random, including: Grenade Eggs, Ice eggs, Fire eggs. One type of egg, the Clockwork Kazooie egg, can only appear from the rear shot, it hatches and then walks around similar to a mechakoopa.

Up Special: Flight! Kazooie begins flapping her wings as feathers fall from her(much like in the original games). Kazooie will be able to maneuver Banjo much in the way ROB can maneuver with his thrusters. After a certain number of feathers fall from Kazooie, she will become exhausted and Banjo will be unable to use any aerials involving Kazooie until they land.

Down Special: Wonderwing! Kazooie will shield Banjo with Golden wings, providing super armor and causing mild damage and knockback during motion. Using any other attack, grabbing or jumping will end the Wonderwing special. Each use immediately consumes a golden feather. Kazooie only has 3 Golden feathers to use per stock so use them wisely!

Forward Special: Breegul Bayonnet! Banjo underhandedly grabs Kazooie from the bottom of the pack and thrusts her forward like a spear! Holding the special button will cause Kazooie to spit up an egg at the end of the attack, honoring the Breegul Blaster from which this move is derived.[SPOILER/]

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Weight class wise, Banjo-Kazooie would definetly be between Middle and Heavyweight, If Mario is considered a Middleweight, Then Banjo-Kazooie has gotta be heavier, being a duo of a bear and carrying a pretty big bird who adds extra weight only makes it more fitting.

Last edited:

Jorl

Smash Rookie
I really like the idea of Banjo having an up-b similar to ROB’s. You would start with 5-10 feathers and each flap (or maybe beak bomb) would have you lose 1. Instead of it charging over time though it would be cool if they just scattered a bunch of feathers to collet onstage.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I really like the idea of Banjo having an up-b similar to ROB’s. You would start with 5-10 feathers and each flap (or maybe beak bomb) would have you lose 1. Instead of it charging over time though it would be cool if they just scattered a bunch of feathers to collet onstage.
That would be a REALLY good way to make him the "collect-a-thon' fighter and I hope somthing like that happens.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Guys! I just had a great idea. Or terrible depending on how you see it. How would you all feel if they not only added Banjo and Kazooie, but they gave them 3 play styles? They'd play as one by default as per BK, and but you could also select one or the other based on their solo play in BT!
I really like the idea of making Banjo & Kazooie a two-in-one-fighter, like Pokemon Trainer (who's obviously three).

- Banjo & Kazooie would still be one fighter, their moves being like the game. Roll, Rat-a-tat Rap, Beak Barge, Beak Buster.
- Talon Trot could be used for speed.
- For character specific moves, there could be a way to switch to either Banjo for moves using his backpack, while Kazooie is running around vulnerable
- Or Kazooie for moves such as Wing Whack, while Banjo's sleeping until you reunite again.
- Has a lot of risk/reward, as you could have powerful moves as a single fighter, but leave the other one vulnerable, whereas Banjo & Kazooie are more all-around together. Perhaps comparing to Ice Climbers is more apt.
- Eggs could be a special display by the damage meter that could be toggled (as now special displays are for certain characters, like Cloud and Villager).

Also for items such as jump pads--I'm thinking they could actually be used as items, as there's not a whole lot of choices for B&K items in general.

Another idea I had would be if Microsoft and Nintendo wanted to go all out. Banjo & Kazooie as a playable fighter, Spiral Mountain stage, Gruntilda as a boss, Flight/Jump pad items, and for other Microsoft properties, Creeper assist (I'd prefer Mumbo Jumbo), and more controversially but internet breaking, Master Chief Mii costume. Kinda sounds like something Sakurai would do.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of making Banjo & Kazooie a two-in-one-fighter, like Pokemon Trainer (who's obviously three).

- Banjo & Kazooie would still be one fighter, their moves being like the game. Roll, Rat-a-tat Rap, Beak Barge, Beak Buster.
- Talon Trot could be used for speed.
- For character specific moves, there could be a way to switch to either Banjo for moves using his backpack, while Kazooie is running around vulnerable
- Or Kazooie for moves such as Wing Whack, while Banjo's sleeping until you reunite again.
- Has a lot of risk/reward, as you could have powerful moves as a single fighter, but leave the other one vulnerable, whereas Banjo & Kazooie are more all-around together. Perhaps comparing to Ice Climbers is more apt.
- Eggs could be a special display by the damage meter that could be toggled (as now special displays are for certain characters, like Cloud and Villager).

Also for items such as jump pads--I'm thinking they could actually be used as items, as there's not a whole lot of choices for B&K items in general.

Another idea I had would be if Microsoft and Nintendo wanted to go all out. Banjo & Kazooie as a playable fighter, Spiral Mountain stage, Gruntilda as a boss, Flight/Jump pad items, and for other Microsoft properties, Creeper assist (I'd prefer Mumbo Jumbo), and more controversially but internet breaking, Master Chief Mii costume. Kinda sounds like something Sakurai would do.
That's actually the first idea to bring Master Chief into the game that I agree with 100%. Great ideas!

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430078305/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak
View attachment 161362
So this new one appeared. So far i can't find the actual model used for it. The backpack edfinitely looks way more detailed than some crappy models i've seen for smash 4, so this model ain't one of them as far as i've been able to tell. Also people are saying "duh it's same mario running stance". Yeah well check Banjo's running stance in canon game and tell me if it's not similar anyway… so "it's mario's running stance" is not really valid, specially when this is a stationary pict and we can't really tell how the movement goes from just looking at one single frame. So far it hasn't been debunked, just people jumping to the conclusion it's fake, and it might be, but there's no solid debunking to it yet… similar to the pict where he appeared with dixie (unless I have missed how they debunked that one…). Thoughts? Can't make much of it with just this of course…
This one is definitely a Smash 4 mod, doesn't look like the one from earlier as well. It is using Mario's run cycle also.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Anyone else think that when Sakurai added Duck Hunt, That he also heavily thought about Banjo-Kazooie? I know it sounds like a stupid question considering they were considered for Melee and they are have always been heavily requested newcomers, But at the same time he always likes to add unexpected or retro characters to Smash. Duck Hunt definitely fits that mold and part of me thinks that it's just a coincidence that the duo is also brown fur paw mammal with a big nose and snout working in tandem with a bird, obviously they wouldn't play like Banjo-Kazooie ,but sometimes I think he did add them just as a random unexpected retro fighter or has he always heavily considered Banjo-Kazooie ,but due to obvious copyright issues, Duck Hunt was the best and as close he can do? I know some people like to bring up the Duck Hunt alt color ,but other than the Duck being red, The dog's color doesn't really resemble Banjo. (Maybe because his default is already brown, I don't know.) But I want to hear some of your guys thoughts on that.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Banjo survives the wrath of LeakyPanda!
How so?

Anyone else think that when Sakurai added Duck Hunt, That he also heavily thought about Banjo-Kazooie? I know it sounds like a stupid question considering they were considered for Melee and they are have always been heavily requested newcomers, But at the same time he always likes to add unexpected or retro characters to Smash. Duck Hunt definitely fits that mold and part of me thinks that it's just a coincidence that the duo is also brown fur paw mammal with a big nose and snout working in tandem with a bird, obviously they wouldn't play like Banjo-Kazooie ,but sometimes I think he did add them just as a random unexpected retro fighter or has he always heavily considered Banjo-Kazooie ,but due to obvious copyright issues, Duck Hunt was the best and as close he can do? I know some people like to bring up the Duck Hunt alt color ,but other than the Duck being red, The dog's color doesn't really resemble Banjo. (Maybe because his default is already brown, I don't know.) But I want to hear some of your guys thoughts on that.
I think it's certainly possible, as Sakurai had to come up with a play style for Duck Hunt, and there are some vague similarities. The alt might be a coincidence (there's only so many colors that would fit). Even if B&K were to get in, I don't think Sakurai would say one way or the other if they were the inspiration, so it'll kinda be one of those things we'll never know.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LeakyPandy isn't credible, at least when it comes to Nintendo.

Apparently they guessed the date of the March direct (or maybe the August direct idk) correct, but got all of the contents wrong.

Also, "Luigi's Mansion new Kingdom DLC for Odyssey" or something.

So even if they said something against B&K, I wouldn't worry. It's also entirely possible that if they do have a source who's seen Smash-related stuff, that their source doesn't have complete info or was confused by something.

Can I play as my favorite N64 characters other than Skull Kid pls mashpotato soccerguy.

Last edited:

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
What's happening forum?
I'm new here and pretty excited like the rest for news about Smash. I've been lurking around here but I haven't said anything. Sorry I'm late.
Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time, and although I would not consider them to have higher chances than other characters on my prediction list (i.e. Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid), I honestly feel they have far higher chances now than they have ever had, and that honestly fills me with so much hope. To me, they are the character that would single-handedly satisfy me with their inclusion.
Anyways I'll post more thoughts later about B&K ideas but add me to the support list!

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
You know what would be great?

On Banjo's stage, what if Gruntilda occasionally chimed in and said an insulting rhyme or two about each fighter at random? Sort of like how she randomly talks while you're exploring her lair.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's what I'm hoping for, actually.

What's happening forum?
I'm new here and pretty excited like the rest for news about Smash. I've been lurking around here but I haven't said anything. Sorry I'm late.
Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time, and although I would not consider them to have higher chances than other characters on my prediction list (i.e. Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid), I honestly feel they have far higher chances now than they have ever had, and that honestly fills me with so much hope. To me, they are the character that would single-handedly satisfy me with their inclusion.
Anyways I'll post more thoughts later about B&K ideas but add me to the support list!
Nothing much happening, just people crazy over the drought and assuming that Rayman's chances are infinitesimal due to Ubi becoming Brawlhalla's publisher. You're just in time for potential news happening soon this month.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet

Nothing much happening, just people crazy over the drought and assuming that Rayman's chances are infinitesimal due to Ubi becoming Brawlhalla's publisher. You're just in time for potential news happening soon this month.
Oof, I wouldn't say he is out of the picture, but who knows? I personally do not see this affecting his chances, but like PapaGenos says, he does not seem to me like a base roster character. But that's only my vibe.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oof, I wouldn't say he is out of the picture, but who knows? I personally do not see this affecting his chances, but like PapaGenos says, he does not seem to me like a base roster character. But that's only my vibe.
Yeah, and Brawlhalla has been out for three years (since 2015, the exact point when plans for Ultimate began), so I hardly see that game being a threat to Smash Bros.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and Brawlhalla has been out for three years (since 2015, the exact point when plans for Ultimate began), so I hardly see that game being a threat to Smash Bros.
Agreed. I do not really understand when people makes points about the exclusion of a character for "competitive" reasons like gaming companies are trying to step on each other's toes. I do not really know enough about gaming companies to tell you who is most competitive with the other, but I doubt the reason Rayman and Banjo-Kazooie would not make it is because Nintendo thinks it will hurt them. Using the same logic, any third party could be excluded on the same grounds. The point seems malnourished and vague/easy to assert.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What's happening forum?
Welcome! I was a long time lurker too, but at some point I just couldn't hold in my hype. And I completely agree--Banjo & Kazooie would single-handedly satisfy me, as I consider them to be the only ones truly "missing". The rest of my wants are just an added bonus, I could live without them. That's not to say I would die if Banjo & Kazooie weren't in, but it wouldn't hurt my chances for survival if they were in. ;)

You know what would be great?

On Banjo's stage, what if Gruntilda occasionally chimed in and said an insulting rhyme or two about each fighter at random? Sort of like how she randomly talks while you're exploring her lair.
I agree, that's too perfect of an opportunity NOT to pass up. I could see it being this game's version of Snake's codecs and Palutena's Guidance. Although someone in the general thread gave me the brilliant idea of Brentilda--just think of all the dirty secrets she could dish out on Smash characters.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Welcome! I was a long time lurker too, but at some point I just couldn't hold in my hype. And I completely agree--Banjo & Kazooie would single-handedly satisfy me, as I consider them to be the only ones truly "missing". The rest of my wants are just an added bonus, I could live without them. That's not to say I would die if Banjo & Kazooie weren't in, but it wouldn't hurt my chances for survival if they were in. ;)

I am glad somebody feels the same! I do not even know how I would react if they got in honestly. With so many years of just basking in old nostalgia and playing the same two games (three if you count Grunty's Revenge) over and over, I seriously would lose it. I would not really ask for it to revive the franchise like a lot of Golden Sun fans hope for (although I would definitely not complain), but it would pay homage to the influence and momentum they once had during the N64 era.

Last edited:
Top Bottom