• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
what!?! at least geno don't look blurry but we need non blurry gameplay for me to beleve & where even is he ???

StormC

Smash Hero
"Why does Banjo have 3 hotdogs where his hand should be?"

Best response.

It's nice to see fake leaks with Banjo and Dixie in then, but nah. Dixie looks like she's posed like a trophy.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Geno has barely anything to reference for 3D models cos his perspective in the original games is odd (top down). This is at least intruiging, though Banjo's hands do look weird if you'll remember Young Link and Wolf both look a little weird in the "everyone is here" trailer... It's possible if this was legit that they're from before the models were polished.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
It's possible if this was legit that they're from before the models were polished.
Its also possible that hypothetically lets say this is an ESRB leak, they'd be sent a certain build of the game, which is a few months behind the current build they'd be on by now. Much like how the demos that have been played publicly are just the E3 demo, which was already dated when it was shown.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Its also possible that hypothetically lets say this is an ESRB leak, they'd be sent a certain build of the game, which is a few months behind the current build they'd be on by now. Much like how the demos that have been played publicly are just the E3 demo, which was already dated when it was shown.
That's kinda what I'm getting at anyway.

Also, the stage in the Banjo screen looks like Bubblegloop Swamp. I'm keeping an eye on this one.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Also, the stage in the Banjo screen looks like Bubblegloop Swamp. I'm keeping an eye on this one.
My guess its Minecraft, I see trees and trunks that halfway resemble Minecraft trees. But ofcourse I'd love a Banjo stage.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I feel like we didn't learn our lesson from this old Palutena leak...
Smash.4_-_Palutena_Rumor.png

Point is, they weren't able to give us full images like the ESRB leak. No one's phone takes pictures like that, and there is no legit reason for them to have cropped them.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Why would folks be disappointed with that Banjo leak? Looks good to me (although he does kinda have DK’s arms)

StormC

Smash Hero
Man that Palutena was kinda ugly, what we got was way better.

I'm sure however Banjo looks designed by the Smash team will blow our minds.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Banjo's always had long arms i thought. In the games they go well past his knees.

I'd be disappointed if that particular Banjo leak was true, because i feel like when Banjo is fighting, Kazooie should be sticking out the backback the entire time. I know in the games she only comes out when she does something and then retreats, but come on i dont wanna see her poking in and out every other attack. Keep her out the whole time with all the animations and personality shining through.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo's always had long arms i thought. In the games they go well past his knees.

I'd be disappointed if that particular Banjo leak was true, because i feel like when Banjo is fighting, Kazooie should be sticking out the backback the entire time. I know in the games she only comes out when she does something and then retreats, but come on i dont wanna see her poking in and out every other attack. Keep her out the whole time with all the animations and personality shining through.
This is my thought as well. I used to worry Banjo would look sorta boring in idle until I realized Kazooie should be out at all times.

Hopefully Sakurai agrees and enough people mentioned this on the ballot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think his moveset for Banjo makes sense. I think the character would just use kazooie in normal moves.

Honestly this leak would have been more believable if he just posted about Dixie and Geno since they look less awkward.

Banjo looks like he's got tiny feet and hotdog hands.

I guess it could still be true, I haven't seen that Geno model anywhere.

But if Sakurai's team did decide to make Banjo switch between long and short ranged with down B like a transformation character it'd be a weird decision.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I always imagine Banjo & Kazooie's standing idle animation being Kazooie giving him a shoulder rub, like how boxing managers sometimes rub the boxers shoulders in the corner. Better than Banjo just standing by himself with nobody pumping him up for the fight.

Sakurai got rid of transforming fighters in Smash 4. Sure with Banjo and Kazooie it could work but I'm not really down for that.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I always imagine Banjo & Kazooie's standing idle animation being Kazooie giving him a shoulder rub, like how boxing managers sometimes rub the boxers shoulders in the corner. Better than Banjo just standing by himself with nobody pumping him up for the fight.

Sakurai got rid of transforming fighters in Smash 4. Sure with Banjo and Kazooie it could work but I'm not really down for that.
Doesn't Kazooie start pecking at Banjo if you leave them idle in the original games?

I feel like that would be their idle in Smash.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't Kazooie start pecking at Banjo if you leave them idle in the original games?

I feel like that would be their idle in Smash.
They can have multiple idle animations. I just meant the straight default standing animation. Kazooie pecking Banjo's head doesn't work as the basic standing animation, just something that happens after a few seconds

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Has a copy of the link been posted on this thread yet?

Edit: never mind I found it

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
been looking at banjo artwork & in game models & DAMN are his arms LONG ! never noticed it B4 LOL

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I like the idea of the Boxer warmup, everyone would naturally go towards the Kazooie pecking Banjo animation ,but that only works when they are stand long enough without doing anything and it's also perfect for a taunt too, I like the little things of some the character's idle Smash animations, like how Diddy Kong looks left and right is straight from the Country games and I think he does it too in DK 64, Banjo also does it similarly in his games looking left and right while swaying his arms which should definetly be his Smash animation, Plus his big ol nose and snout turning left and right for some reason always gets a chuckle out of me.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

I sorta disagree since in their original games, she stayed mostly in his backpack until she was needed or in idle animations. But I would be open to seeing how they worked with her out more often. I do like the idea of her giving him a back rub though! Very cute and funny and makes sense given the context of the game, especially on the Boxing Ring against the likes of Little Mac and King K. Rool.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I sorta disagree since in their original games, she stayed mostly in his backpack until she was needed or in idle animations. But I would be open to seeing how they worked with her out more often. I do like the idea of her giving him a back rub though! Very cute and funny and makes sense given the context of the game, especially on the Boxing Ring against the likes of Little Mac and King K. Rool.
This is going to sound funny but Kazooie being hidden in Banjos backpack most of the time is not something I really remember from playing the original games. Even though looking back it's clearly true.....I guess my nostalgia made me think Kazooie was more visable than she was.

Though I guess it's because you use moves fairly often so you still see her a lot. (and she pokes her head out whenever you're talking to someone)

Maybe they could have some sort of compromise and have her head poking slightly out of the backpack?

I know it would be accurate to the game, but it feels kinda wrong to have her hidden away like that....

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean if she comes out only for moves, idles, and taunts (possibly the run too) like in the games then you'll still see her 90% of the time.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Anyone know who they would get to voice them ? We all know Chris Sutherland was the original voice actor, But it always kind of seems like other than Mario characters and a few others, Sakurai likes to use his own stable of voice actors for certain fighters and I don't think they will bring back Sutherland, he is currently employed at Playtonic and I'm not 100% sure if he is allowed to work with Nintendo or maybe it's no a big deal because they are a small studio that's 3rd Party, Most likely I think they would get japanese voice actor's that sound like the duo, maybe Microsoft has a replacement for certain occasions or and I probably doubt it, if they can use recycled clips from old games ,but I would imagine that they are probably outdated and would be problematic since they need voices for various scenarios.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Id imagine theyd just reuse the voice lines. Rare probably has all the voice clips archived without the N64 compression for future use. Then again, they could find their own actor approved by Microsoft. Does Simon have an official VA? That could prvoide a clue as to what could happen to Banjo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It would be nice throwback if in the character select screen when you choose the duo, You would hear " I'm Banjo !!!" And when you press B and back out he would go "wwooahhh"

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
I sincerely think that it is too early for any legit picture/video leaks. I want with all my heart and soul for these images to be true, but I just don't think they are.

The watermarked render is my favorite, with the exception that Kazooie's head feathers remind me of the velociraptors from Jurassic Park 3.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I sincerely think that it is too early for any legit picture/video leaks. I want with all my heart and soul for these images to be true, but I just don't think they are.

The watermarked render is my favorite, with the exception that Kazooie's head feathers remind me of the velociraptors from Jurassic Park 3.
Big Jurassic Park fan here, so I love that haha.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't know... i usually can discount these leaks pretty quick but I'm struggling with this one... I mean the game is 3 months out still.. it would probably be sent to the ESRB by this point... it also wouldn't be complete. The Banjo models rigid look can be explained by the model not having final touches done yet.. that Dixie model is unique hell her eyes are even doing what Diddy does with his eyes a detail i don't see a lot of fake leakers considering.. she even has her kneepads another detail I don't see fake leakers considering...

Then when people demanded this leaker to post Geno for proof he did it and it's a render no one can trace... this could be it folks...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't know... i usually can discount these leaks pretty quick but I'm struggling with this one... I mean the game is 3 months out still.. it would probably be sent to the ESRB by this point... it also wouldn't be complete. The Banjo models rigid look can be explained by the model not having final touches done yet.. that Dixie model is unique hell her eyes are even doing what Diddy does with his eyes a detail i don't see a lot of fake leakers considering.. she even has her kneepads another detail I don't see fake leakers considering...

Then when people demanded this leaker to post Geno for proof he did it and it's a render no one can trace... this could be it folks...
Here's hoping. What a week for leaks, I swear.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Keep in mind everybody to take this with a grain of salt and not get too excited until we have something concrete. We don't want to be too disappointed after all. Keep expectations leveled and keep in mind this could still easily be fake.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just hope we finally get that nintendo direct in a week or two now like last year… we need a reveal to finally debunk a lot of leaks that have been accumulated.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Under the assumption the next direct won't just create more questions than answers. Seriously though I can't wait to see the next direct, there hasn't been a dull character reveal yet so some fanbase is going to be losing their marbles. I still expect don't expect Banjo to be in the base game, and be DLC if he is in at all (though I secretly just wanna jinx myself)

Top Bottom