• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought he said it was Erdrick, but I believe you when he said it was a SE rep and it was most likely going to be Erdrick.
Most likely is way too subjective. We don't know who it'll be. It's a reasonable guess it's Erdrick, but we have some extremely sketchy evidence towards it. The stats are very difficult to figure out to a degree, since we have no clue what his playstyle would be like, and the codename is very vague right now.

Verge wasn't implying Erdrick would be shown off. Just a SE character, which wasn't even what he talked about being shown off in the February Direct either. What he said is a SE character would be the first DLC shown off. When it wasn't, he made a lot of excuses for it, which definitely hurt his credibility. Where did you hear we'd get a SE character(or Erdrick) in the February direct??

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Honestly I’m glad that Nintendo stopped doing actual conferences since they’re just filled with game demos that might not work, awkward silences, and a few games scattered in there. Having a direct/treehouse combo works a lot better since neither try to do what the other does.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Honestly I’m glad that Nintendo stopped doing actual conferences since they’re just filled with game demos that might not work, awkward silences, and a few games scattered in there. Having a direct/treehouse combo works a lot better since neither try to do what the other does.
I kinda miss the excitement of a press conference and then rolling out big names. I mean, could you imagine if they revealed Banjo Kazooie live to the cheers of a massive crowd and then had Phil Spencer pop out to announce something big like Rare Replay on Switch?

That sort of thing has serious energy that usually makes E3 memorable. That said, Nintendo was never particularly good at doing the presentations and they go way too in detail about their stuff for that to work anymore.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I kinda miss the excitement of a press conference and then rolling out big names. I mean, could you imagine if they revealed Banjo Kazooie live to the cheers of a massive crowd and then had Phil Spencer pop out to announce something big like Rare Replay on Switch?

That sort of thing has serious energy that usually makes E3 memorable. That said, Nintendo was never particularly good at doing the presentations and they go way too in detail about their stuff for that to work anymore.
Yeah, like the Twilight Princess reveal won't ever been done again from Nintendo in terms of crowd cheering. But then at the same time we lose anything like Wii Music. This is the law of equivalent exchange.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Question: Why is Verge so into believing Erdrick and Minecraft Content will be in Ultimate? I mean, doesn’t he have the guts to see why he could be wrong instead of being so sure and stubborn about it?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Question: Why is Verge so into believing Erdrick and Minecraft Content will be in Ultimate? I mean, doesn’t he have the guts to see why he could be wrong instead of being so sure and stubborn about it?
He stood by Incineroar and Ken despite all of us ignoring him during the Grinch Leak and he ended up right. Maybe he's not giving us the full story

Here's my problem with Erdrick right now: Square is notorious at being VERY good at keeping leaks locked up tight. KH3 only leaked because someone outright stole from their warehouse and Cloud's reveal for Smash only got out extremely close to the actual announcement to the point where it hardly mattered.

So you mean to tell me Erdrick somehow leaked HALF A YEAR IN ADVANCE?

If Erdrick is in, he's officially the worst kept secret in Smash history. Erdrick sounds more like a hustle to me

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He stood by Incineroar and Ken despite all of us ignoring him during the Grinch Leak and he ended up right. Maybe he's not giving us the full story

Here's my problem with Erdrick right now: Square is notorious at being VERY good at keeping leaks locked up tight. KH3 only leaked because someone outright stole from their warehouse and Cloud's reveal for Smash only got out extremely close to the actual announcement to the point where it hardly mattered.

So you mean to tell me Erdrick somehow leaked HALF A YEAR IN ADVANCE?

If Erdrick is in, he's officially the worst kept secret in Smash history. Erdrick sounds more like a hustle to me
You know, I was talking about his DLC leaks, not his base game leaks. Even then, he didn’t reveal all characters through leaking, Like K. Rool.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
2 hours... jesus. thank god thats sunday and I'm not working. I may need to take off tuesday for nintendos direct though
Knowing my schedule I'll have to miss it. Does anyone know where they are stores once they're done? If I'm lucky I'll miss the spoils until I'm able to see it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, I was talking about his DLC leaks, not his base game leaks. Even then, he didn’t reveal all characters through leaking, Like K. Rool.
He didn't know K. Rool was in.

All he ever had related to DKC is somebody attempted to leak him "no DKC characters this time around", which he didn't believe. He never let this information public. Someone else did, which painted a poor picture of the user. Verge, like other people, don't always all the information.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He didn't know K. Rool was in.

All he ever had related to DKC is somebody attempted to leak him "no DKC characters this time around", which he didn't believe. He never let this information public. Someone else did, which painted a poor picture of the user. Verge, like other people, don't always all the information.
Still, there were characters like Ricther, Daisy and other echoes he didn’t mention, as well as some of the characters in the Everyone is Here trailer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still, there were characters like Ricther, Daisy and other echoes he didn’t mention, as well as some of the characters in the Everyone is Here trailer.
He didn't know of them either. He didn't know "everyone is here". What he did know is a few characters, and that all of Smash 4 characters would be there.

Again, leakers cannot know everything automatically. They are given information by others. Sometimes bits and pieces. Did you know the Smash 4 leaks had two separate leakers who had to come together to get the full roster? It's no different here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He didn't know of them either. He didn't know "everyone is here". What he did know is a few characters, and that all of Smash 4 characters would be there.

Again, leakers cannot know everything automatically. They are given information by others. Sometimes bits and pieces. Did you know the Smash 4 leaks had two separate leakers who had to come together to get the full roster? It's no different here.
Well, in Ricther’s case, he probably should have known since whatever his source is said Simon.

But this is not the thing I am trying to say. I could care less about that. Back to my initial question, why is Verge seemingly stubborn about his leaks? Not just Smash, but anything? He doesn’t seem to want to admit he could be wrong, sometimes. Not about bass Smash but DLC andother things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, in Ricther’s case, he probably should have known since whatever his source is said Simon.
That only matters if his source said something about Richter. From all we know, the source didn't. Verge pretty much would've noted any characters he knew about but didn't say, but then people would pick at him like vultures, so it's probably best he doesn't. So he could've kept information or it was never given to him. Who knows.

But this is not the thing I am trying to say. I could care less about that. Back to my initial question, why is Verge seemingly stubborn about his leaks? Not just Smash, but anything? He doesn’t seem to want to admit he could be wrong, sometimes. Not about bass Smash but DLC andother things.
Guy's insane, backpedals, etc. He's been harassed before over the leaks, so it takes the toll on him. He was never a very nice guy even before that, though.

Some people are just stubborn. Not much one can do about that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guy's insane, backpedals, etc. He's been harassed before over the leaks, so it takes the toll on him. He was never a very nice guy even before that, though.

Some people are just stubborn. Not much one can do about that.
Now we’re talking! He may have hmgotten characters right for the base game, but that only does so much for his overall credibility.

Still, while he revealed those leaks, it was his sources that leaked those characters, not him directly. If he could reveal his sources, do you think we’d end up crediting his sources and not really him? Just saying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now we’re talking! He may have hmgotten characters right for the base game, but that only does so much for his overall credibility.

Still, while he revealed those leaks, it was his sources that leaked those characters, not him directly. If he could reveal his sources, do you think we’d end up crediting his sources and not really him? Just saying.
I dunno. Maybe. But those sources would get in immense trouble, and Verge would never be trusted again. Verge has some trust right now, especially with insiders. He protects the names of his insiders no matter how much the guy gets flak. I don't think this'll change. Guy's a jerk at times, but he clearly has a standard here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I dunno. Maybe. But those sources would get in immense trouble, and Verge would never be trusted again. Verge has some trust right now, especially with insiders. He protects the names of his insiders no matter how much the guy gets flak. I don't think this'll change. Guy's a jerk at times, but he clearly has a standard here.
That is why I said if he COULD reveal his sources. Surely, you know what I meant by that, right?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That is why I said if he COULD reveal his sources. Surely, you know what I meant by that, right?
I misread it as "would".

I don't know if he could, honestly. Not without killing his ability to be a leaker. It's more like a "this isn't really an option despite technically being one."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I misread it as "would".

I don't know if he could, honestly. Not without killing his ability to be a leaker. It's more like a "this isn't really an option despite technically being one."
I know he’d kill his ability to be a leaker if he revealed his sources. That is why I said could. Still, I am not and never saying he should do it, but if his being a jerk made them lose trust in him anyways, I wouldn’t be surprised.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wouldn't get so super existed about Microsoft's E3 just yet. An hour and a half of it could be used to show off the mandatory car they have every year and talk about the newest Forza game. Two hours is great but it's how they use their time that matters.

It's like how Ubisoft's conference is normally an hour or so but a good 45 mins is dedicated to Just Dance performances.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know he’d kill his ability to be a leaker if he revealed his sources. That is why I said could. Still, I am not and never saying he should do it, but if his being a jerk made them lose trust in him anyways, I wouldn’t be surprised.
I'm not sure if he would've said as such nasty things if he wasn't harassed severely on GameFAQs. So it's possible a lot of his jerkism comes from people getting on his case because he believed bad leakers or if he was that way way before he started leaking. No way to know.

Either way, the fact he gets harassed is horrible anyway. Him using derogatory terms is also horrible. Of course, neither of these affect his credibility.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not sure if he would've said as such nasty things if he wasn't harassed severely on GameFAQs. So it's possible a lot of his jerkism comes from people getting on his case because he believed bad leakers or if he was that way way before he started leaking. No way to know.

Either way, the fact he gets harassed is horrible anyway. Him using derogatory terms is also horrible. Of course, neither of these affect his credibility.
Oh yeah! Silly me. Wasn’t talking about that, but I forgot. Being harassed is no good at all, despite Verge’s being a jerk. Still, GameFAQs is so toxic. Why does he go there anyways if they harass him there?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh yeah! Silly me. Wasn’t talking about that, but I forgot. Being harassed is no good at all, despite Verge’s being a jerk. Still, GameFAQs is so toxic. Why does he go there anyways if they harass him there?
It's one of the few places where he has a hard account and that the topics are accepted there. We don't accept leak topics here without discussion. He also posts on Reddit. I honestly would rather not speculate on his reasons beyond that, because we don't know how he thinks. I'm of the opinion to not worry about why he chooses his spots. At best, whenever you're a member of that forum, just report bad stuff as it comes up, I guess? Or post any information you find here, in an appropriate thread(by directly quoting him. We don't want drama from other websites if possible).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's one of the few places where he has a hard account and that the topics are accepted there. We don't accept leak topics here without discussion. He also posts on Reddit. I honestly would rather not speculate on his reasons beyond that, because we don't know how he thinks. I'm of the opinion to not worry about why he chooses his spots. At best, whenever you're a member of that forum, just report bad stuff as it comes up, I guess? Or post any information you find here, in an appropriate thread(by directly quoting him. We don't want drama from other websites if possible).
I understand. Still, as much as he is a jerk, I must admit, I do feel bad for him for having to put up with other jerks who harass him, some being possibly bigger jerks than him.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Its just Verge just seems... like an *** sometimes. Yes he knows some stuff but acts so entitled. though the people beleiving him sound like jerks oo sometimes.

Shantae and Banjo are my most wanted. I think Banjo is likely, but I think Shantae's ship has unfortunately sailed. Though I could potentially see her be playable if there's a second fighter's pass or as a base character in Smash 6.

Verge also keeps on screaming "Minecraft content!" and we've yet to see any of that turn up. I think he knew stuff about the base game, but he has no clue about the DLC and is just guessing.
A Shantae and Banjo reveal at e3 would be great, announce Shantae with news on Shantae 5 and announce Banjo at the end of the direct

And yeah I agree on Vergey Boi, I'm skeptical af on what he's been saying recently
I still think Shantae has a chance. she only had 2 spirits, so she could get more added to a DLC spirit board easily. Her chances are higher for a seson 2 though

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if we do get a season 2 pass I hope it opens the door for both first and third party if the first DLC pass really is all third party.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Also, he never said Erdrick would be revealed. He said a Square-Enix character would be. Erdrick is who he heard the most, but he never went full in as him being the specific choice at any given point. This isn't remotely like him going in on characters like Incineroar. Erdrick is still a "maybe this guy is in" by him at this point. Best he believes is that we're getting a SE character.
IIRC he flat-out, unequivocally said that Erdrick was in recently. If we don’t get Erdrick, Verge is deader than dead IMO

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Not much on terms of news but this should give you young'uns a bit of clarity about the Banjo v Steve situation. Pretty much what most of us know, but it's nice to see this spread around.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Remember how last year Microsoft’s E3 had a lot of game reveals one after another and the ride never ended for a good chunk, especially with them being the first to reveal the KH3 trailers and DMC5. I’m hoping this years 2 hours is the same.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
IIRC he flat-out, unequivocally said that Erdrick was in recently. If we don’t get Erdrick, Verge is deader than dead IMO
No that's not what he said. That's a massive interpretation of his statement. What he confirmed was "the most I heard was Erdrick" but never said who definitely will be in. Where did you read this?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Depends on whether or not we still get a Square Enix character.

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
No that's not what he said. That's a massive interpretation of his statement. What he confirmed was "the most I heard was Erdrick" but never said who definitely will be in. Where did you read this?
That’s strange, vergebens comment when he doubled down on Erdrick disappeared
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77661676/920998341

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77661676/920998341
I found a picture of the post
521282F3-C54B-4A0E-9B0C-1C7E1053D7A7.png

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
*dons tinfoil hat*

"Brave" is a reference to the Pixar movie Brave, where the heroine's mother is transformed... into a bear.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Found the post. My bad.

To be fair, his previous post was definitely not what he said. "No. Read the leaked messages & posts I have made addressing it since. It was Erdrick that I heard the most & typically if someone heard about him they also heard The Luminary or vice versa. But Erdrick was the most recurring name heard overall. It's Erdrick." was just saying he directly heard of him.

Thank you for that. Maybe it's best somebody takes a screenshot? I had to go to the next page to even find his name, so the link doesn't seem effective based upon your GameFAQs settings. And then you took a screenshot. Please just edit it in your post instead of double posting, though. :)

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
My biggest gripe with Verge is that he's incredibly vague, especially with his Square characters posts. Why doesn't he outright state what character he thinks it is or what this "Minecraft content" is? Him being vague gives him the ability to not own up to it when he's wrong and backpedel when evidence comes out against his claims.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
He confirms Erdrick in a Reddit thread:

DasVergeben said:
I have not talked about E3 Smash stuff yet. All I currently know about the DLC is what I have said before... which is that Erdrick is a fighters pass character and Minecraft content of some kind will be added.
Source

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, aside from Verge’s word and some other people, what do you think on Erdrick’s chances of getting in and why?

Top Bottom