• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still feel Banjo will be happening as a result of popularity to especially given he's been demanded for just as long as King K. Rool and Ridley. A case of pleasing the fans over money.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This been posted?

I don't mind N&B Humba, and honestly I kind of get why they changed her; Native American stereotype and PC culture and whatnot.

On an unrelated note:

Yeah it has. MonkeyDLenny posted it.

And as for Planet Cool's quote

Here's a thought I had that I'm sharing around my internet hangouts.

Imagine that Google theory is wrong, Steve is in, and Banjo isn't playable, but as a consolation prize, we get a Mii Brawler costume of Banjo. This costume is totally unlike all the others. The head covers the Mii Brawler's head completely and can emote like a real character (i.e. makes different faces when you're attacking, getting hit, etc.) and if you wear the head and body together, then the Mii Brawler's voice is replaced with clips of Banjo's whoops, grunts, and guhs ripped straight out of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie themselves.

How satisfied would you be with this setup?
The same reaction to Steve being in Smash with Banjo just thrown in as an alt costume. If Banjo Kazooie is anything but a playable character in the Ultimate roster or if Steve gets in instead, it's game over.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Imagine that Google theory is wrong, Steve is in, and Banjo isn't playable, but as a consolation prize, we get a Mii Brawler costume of Banjo. This costume is totally unlike all the others. The head covers the Mii Brawler's head completely and can emote like a real character (i.e. makes different faces when you're attacking, getting hit, etc.) and if you wear the head and body together, then the Mii Brawler's voice is replaced with clips of Banjo's whoops, grunts, and guhs ripped straight out of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie themselves.

Taking a **** in my copy of Smash Ultimate and mailing it to Sakurai levels of pissed off.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

You can polish that turd all you want, but at the end of the day... it's still a turd.
Also considering I don't even play miis, hard pass.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Banjo will be a Mii Costume.

But seeing how life always dissapoints me at any possible way to make me regret life more each day... I could sadly see it happening as long as life keeps doing so.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
VERGE IS LIEING !

He said minecraft in base game
then minecraft DLC
then Enderdragon boss DLC
AND YES AT ONE POINT HE DID SAY YES STEVE IS PLAYABLE when another leaker said steve is playable HE BACKED IT RIGHT AWAY!

NOW he is trying to say minecraft is leak bait ? boy is gamexplain going to have egg on there face since they soursed vergey boi all the time for steve "leaks" since verge backed erdrick SO much like steve & how square is about leaks i bet he is leak bait as well

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
VERGE IS LIEING !

then minecraft DLC
AND YES AT ONE POINT HE DID SAY YES STEVE IS PLAYABLE when another leaker said steve is playable HE BACKED IT RIGHT AWAY!

NOW he is trying to say minecraft is leak bait ? boy is gamexplain going to have egg on there face since they soursed vergey boi all the time for steve "leaks" since verge backed erdrick SO much like steve & how square is about leaks i bet he is leak bait as well
Vergeben has never said Steve is playable. He backed Hitagi as credible (who said Steve was playable), but never directly backed Steve.

Vergeben has had some misinformation and has undoubtedly been wrong about numerous things (Star Fox Grand Prix, Link's Awakening, MC/MC boss in Smash, 2nd Square rep being first etc) but denying that he's got valid sources is being disingenuous.

D

Deleted member

VERGE IS LIEING !

then minecraft DLC

I do hope, for the sake of my sanity that DQ in Smash isn't leakbait and Banjo also gets in.

I'm literally dead inside, and I need anything to find life worth to have right now.

I need anything to bright my soul.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
VERGE IS LIEING !

then minecraft DLC

He was only reliable for the base game. I don't understand why anyone takes him seriously since Joker came and took a big deuce on his leaking career. Also I think he mistook the file name of Rathalos for the Enderdragon since it was named enddragon.

With Gamexplain, they never believed the Grinch Leak and have been talking smack about Papagenos about it but then thought the 5chan leak was credible because it was in Japanese.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah Gamexplain started acting weird during the grinch leak as it was the 1st leak they just refused to cover with no real reason given as to why other then its fake, despite covering obveusly fake leaks B4 & turning them into hour long videos, they act all smug & in the know now about everything

them NOT covering the grinch leak is WHY a lot of people belived it

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I find that Mii costumes are a rather poor consolation prize for not making a popular/highly requested character playable. If it's like Inkling, where the costume can resemble the character, something still feels off, whether it's their movement, attacks, or behaviour. And the Inklings were one of the better examples of Mii costumes - if it's something like this thing, then forget about it.

I could understand making Steve a Mii fighter costume - he doesn't have a personality, or much in the way of animations, so I'd think that they could afford take more liberty with him. If Banjo was a Mii costume, it wouldn't feel like Banjo - we have at least two platform games to know how he moves and acts, and no amount of guh-huhs, whoas, or ga-hoos will change that.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Here's a conversation starter: If E3 rolls around and they only announce Artorias, are you going to take google theory as a fact going forward?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Here's a conversation starter: If E3 rolls around and they only announce Artorias, are you going to take google theory as a fact going forward?
Pretty much. Artorias is the one character from that theory that would make or break it.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Artorias is such an uncommonly predicted character that I'd kinda have no choice but to assume that Google Theory is real if he got announced soon. Banjo, Doomguy, and Ryu Hayabusa are one thing. Everybody talks about them and they can be considered easy guesses.

Artorias would mean that somebody managed to not only guess that a Dark Souls character was in, but to also predict that Sakurai would forgo the Chosen Undead in favor of a iconic boss, and also guess the right iconic boss. Assuming that Artorias is real but BRAD is fake, that's a hell of a successful shot in the dark (not to mention that they also must have had the money and cojones to fake an ad too in addition to being practically psychic)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I doubt that there's any legitimacy to the Google theory, but if Artorias was revealed, he seems like such a specific character choice that I'd doubt that it's a coincidence, so I'd be more willing to believe it. (I'm not familiar with Dark Souls, but by my understanding, he's one boss out of dozens, and not even the most memorable/important one)

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
So now even Verge is starting to back off Steve? Looking good Banjo-Roos!
Not really "backing down" per say. His claim has always been "Minecraft content" even though he will not specify WHAT it is exactly. On the flip side this is probably the final step on his backtracking strategy. He'll make something vague and then morph around whatever can be used to fit that mold to claim credibility.

This is what makes me laugh at the small group of trolls who hinge on Verge's every word. All this trolling, all this mockery, all of this is based on something vague at best and a LIE at worst. If Banjo does get in it will be one of the biggest cases of trolls getting BTFO'ed. At this point it's just fun watching these hacks slap fight each other.

I doubt that there's any legitimacy to the Google theory, but if Artorias was revealed, he seems like such a specific character choice that I'd doubt that it's a coincidence, so I'd be more willing to believe it. (I'm not familiar with Dark Souls, but by my understanding, he's one boss out of dozens, and not even the most memorable/important one)
In the..well..lore of Dark Souls, Artorias hold a ton of significance and pristige for his heroic deeds. In tune with the dour mood of the game, this glorious hero was corrupted and crippled. That's all I know about him. Even though I never played Dark Souls from the bits i've seen I can support Arty as a fighter in Smash. I love how his whole deal is that he's a tough boss and will kill you tons of times while fighting you with his BAD arm. As far as I know the Japanese eat that **** up too.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think he’s suppose to be an important boss?

Verge was always Steve’s biggest clue, but now more insiders (I think) are saying Banjo. This is pretty big me thinks

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think he’s suppose to be an important boss?

Verge was always Steve’s biggest clue, but now more insiders (I think) are saying Banjo. This is pretty big me thinks
Minecraft started with Vergeben but Hitagi got people thinking Steve the character was in and DLC.

And considering the Katalina fiasco people never should have trusted Hitagi's Smash info again.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Not really "backing down" per say. His claim has always been "Minecraft content" even though he will not specify WHAT it is exactly. On the flip side this is probably the final step on his backtracking strategy. He'll make something vague and then morph around whatever can be used to fit that mold to claim credibility.

This is what makes me laugh at the small group of trolls who hinge on Verge's every word. All this trolling, all this mockery, all of this is based on something vague at best and a LIE at worst. If Banjo does get in it will be one of the biggest cases of trolls getting BTFO'ed. At this point it's just fun watching these hacks slap fight each other.
Yeah, he got a lot of things right in the base game and was upfront about it. He was like "Simon and Isabelle are in, thank me later." but now with DLC he isn't being specific anymore. It's possible he could be making stuff up at this point to try and keep his reputation in place, hence with Joker's reveal. He's even believing that there will be a Square Enix character despite the fact that they're notorious for seeking leakers out.

In the..well..lore of Dark Souls, Artorias hold a ton of significance and pristige for his heroic deeds. In tune with the dour mood of the game, this glorious hero was corrupted and crippled. That's all I know about him. Even though I never played Dark Souls from the bits i've seen I can support Arty as a fighter in Smash. I love how his whole deal is that he's a tough boss and will kill you tons of times while fighting you with his BAD arm. As far as I know the Japanese eat that **** up too.
I could believe Artorias would get into Smash Bros over the Chosen undead. I mean how would the announcer even announce the chosen undead? Unlike Villager and Inkling who are also avatar characters, the chosen undead doesn't have a workable title that rolls off the tongue. Sure there is Rosalina and Luma but then people can just shorten that to Rosalina or Rosaluma.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Another Rare oldie is getting a Totaku figure

Which.... I don't know, maybe this is actually kind of bad for us? It proves that Rare isn't specifically trying to push their old platformers, they're just farming out ALL their old IPs for nostalgia merch

Still a neat figure though

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I haven't looked into it ,But app

Which.... I don't know, maybe this is actually kind of bad for us? It proves that Rare isn't specifically trying to push their old platformers, they're just farming out ALL their old IPs for nostalgia merch

I haven't looked into it and maybe this announcement is just a coincidence, But apperantly there is a rumor going around about a Perfect Dark reboot announcement at E3 from some "Apparent" Microsoft E3 conference leak.

Then again I remember hearing that same rumor last E3 or 2 years ago when it was rumored that it was going to be handled by "The Coalition" (Gears of War Developer) who are currently working on Gears 5 that is unless they have 2 teams.

There is always the possibility that it has been in development the past few years and kept pulling it back from an E3 reveal until it was ready.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Then again I remember hearing that same rumor last E3 or 2 years ago when it was rumored that it was going to be handled by "The Coalition" (Gears of War Developer).
I'll confess to not having played the original Perfect Dark, but a reboot helmed by the Gears guys sounds hype

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Also I think he mistook the file name of Rathalos for the Enderdragon since it was named enddragon.
Is this true? I’ve never heard anything about this, but if that’s Rathalos’ code name in the files, that could be interesting.

It’s a good sign for, I dunno, a Rare Replay rerelease on the Switch!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'll confess to not having played the original Perfect Dark, but a reboot helmed by the Gears guys sounds hype
I'm kind of in the same boat, I played a decent amount of Goldeneye 007 (Multiplayer) more than Perfect Dark growing up. (Played it once or twice on multiplayer)

But yeah a Perfect Dark reboot from the guys behind Gears will probably grab my attention.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Is this true? I’ve never heard anything about this, but if that’s Rathalos’ code name in the files, that could be interesting.
I maybe wrong on that so don't take my word for it. All I've heard on the internet regarding that is that the file name for Rathalos is apparently end dragon.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Another sad aspect of the Rare buyout is that Perfect Dark was shaping up to be Nintendo’s true FPS series.

Joanna is actually in my dream DLC roster along side Banjo, Scorpion, and Jill Valentine.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why is the conversation of a Dark Souls rep as either having to be Artorias or Chosen Undead, and not including Solaire? If anything, he's the one people should be looking for over the Chosen Undead especially and I'd still argue he has a much greater reputation than either the Chosen Undead (Who falls victim to the Skyrim syndrome of there just being lots of options for his base form and weapons that don't necessarily represent the character) or Artorias (Important and unique character in the Dark Souls lore, but absolutely not a clear cut pick from the franchise in any way). I'll still also argue Gwyn serves as more important to the series than Artorias given he's the first game's final boss and only real, clear objective once you reach the halfway point.

Chosen Undead honestly makes way less sense than Artorias to me, and he already makes less sense than the other two characters I've named (and that's just sticking to Dark Souls 1 at that). The Chosen Undead should not at all be considered the clear pick for a Dark Souls rep in the least bit beyond simply being the playable character...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Remember, Verge got virtually everything about the base game right, so he's not a liar (that we know of), hack, fake. If anything, he's just an asshole.

However, if Verge's rumors of Minecraft were wrong, that doesn't help Banjo either. It was Verge's original claims of Minecraft in Smash that gave credence to Microsoft working with Nintendo on Smash. Outside of that rumor, we have virtually no indication that it's happening, other than it makes sense. Regardless, no Microsoft content in at all is a very plausible outcome.

EDIT: Also, looks like Hitagi is jumping in on the claim that Vergeben is multiple people. We are one. We are Vergeben.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
As a fellow boomerbro supporter for geno, you have my support Guhhuh Gang. Hope the bear and the bird make it in. Always thought it would be hilarious to have gruntilda as a stageboss or hazard and have her talking trash about the other fighters with her rhymes.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
As a fellow boomerbro supporter for geno, you have my support Guhhuh Gang. Hope the bear and the bird make it in. Always thought it would be hilarious to have gruntilda as a stageboss or hazard and have her talking trash about the other fighters with her rhymes.
Thanks, Geno Gent. The puppet is my personal #6.

BZocky

Smash Ace

Definitely a coincidence but look who else got a Totaku...

bing theory confirm

Last edited:
Top Bottom