• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
This here is my first fanart I would like to contribute to this board. Now that Joker is in, I always imagine this scenario playing out in my head! XD
I still firmly believe that Banjo And Kazooie are coming along with Erdrick possibly. Regardless my E3 Hype IS HIGH!
first ever fanart.jpg

D

Deleted member

Wow just wow
This here is my first fanart I would like to contribute to this board. Now that Joker is in, I always imagine this scenario playing out in my head! XD
I still firmly believe that Banjo And Kazooie are coming along with Erdrick possibly. Regardless my E3 Hype IS HIGH!View attachment 214635
Nice work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Today was just a roller coaster of emotions for me.
Went and saw Endgame

Banjo got deconfirmed for like the 6th time this month.
What a day.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Grunty: Now that your chances are all but dead, I'll tell you again stupid bear. You should have gone for the head!

D

Deleted member

Are you guys kidding me? I haven't seen Endgame yet and I don't see it until Friday, and now you're spoiling it for me?

Smh

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Something interesting cropped up in Papagenos Discord server

1556768833214.png

Doesn't automatically mean Banjo is coming to Smash, but it's something

1556768904595.png

Also, Xbox Ambassador really isn't that big a deal, it's basically just a helper position for Xbox

1556769008882.png

This is LITERALLY a "Hype Responsibly" situation, but It's a nice pick-me-up after how crazy today has been

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Papagenos was the guy who was insistent on the Grinch Leak because "his source" said that Banjo was in.

He's a nice guy and all but he could be getting duped again.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Something interesting cropped up in Papagenos Discord server

View attachment 214698

Doesn't automatically mean Banjo is coming to Smash, but it's something

View attachment 214699

Also, Xbox Ambassador really isn't that big a deal, it's basically just a helper position for Xbox

View attachment 214701

This is LITERALLY a "Hype Responsibly" situation, but It's a nice pick-me-up after how crazy today has been
I love how in a span of 24 hours we went from:
"BANJO'S DECONFIRMED!!!"
to
"NEVERMIND BANJO'S BACK IN THE GAME!!!"
And now we have something POSSIBLY hinting toward banjo. E3 can't come soon enough.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I mean, Papagenos was the guy who was insistent on the Grinch Leak because "his source" said that Banjo was in.

He's a nice guy and all but he could be getting duped again.
I think the exact way it went down was that the source said he knew Banjo would be in at some point. But all the other characters confused him and he couldn't verify any of them. I believe PapaGeno was just saying he thought it was personally real.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I think the exact way it went down was that the source said he knew Banjo would be in at some point. But all the other characters confused him and he couldn't verify any of them. I believe PapaGeno was just saying he thought it was personally real.
I remember his source was also confused why incineroar wasn't there.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
No I remember now. It was that video where he had a script and talked about how it was Banjo's inclusion that made him believe it, not necessarily that the Grinch Leak itself was right but that Banjo was in the game in some capacity.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Banjo has been seeing more and more odd pushes in marketing recently. Whether Banjo in Smash is a legit thing or not, I think we cam all agree that something is happening with Banjo. When or what is anyone's guess but I'll put my bets on Banjo in Smash at E3. We'll see in just over a month.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Forza Street potentially coming to Nintendo Switch - Windows Central

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/forza-street-may-be-coming-nintendo-switch-according-code-snippets?amp

This could be huge if it does get announced for Switch, While it's more of a (Free to play) arcade racer built with tablets and phones in mind, Forza is one of Microsoft's "Big 3" 1st Party franchises along with Halo and Gears of War ,Plus that Forza branding alone makes it a big deal and makes other potential ports like the Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay even more likely.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Forza Street potentially coming to Nintendo Switch - Windows Central

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windowscentral.com/forza-street-may-be-coming-nintendo-switch-according-code-snippets?amp

This could be huge if it does get announced for Switch, While it's more of a (Free to play) arcade racer built with tablets and phones in mind, Forza is one of Microsoft's "Big 3" 1st Party franchises along with Halo and Gears of War ,Plus that Forza branding alone makes it a big deal and makes other potential ports like the Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay even more likely.
Finally Forza Racer is getting into smash.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
E3: Come for the surprise Banjo in Smash reveal, stay for the surprise next-gen Banjo game reveal.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
In the span of 24 hours:

Prominent E3 Leaker backed Steve and the Banjo camp all collectively lost hope
Same leaker later admits its pure speculation and his main E3 source is no longer available to him, Banjo camp rejoices
Banjo games seemingly out of nowhere get showcased in Microsofts game displays
Forza, one of Microsofts big flagship series, might be coming to the Switch

Gonna be a long month

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I do have to ask though. I don't know what the Xbox displays look like in Microsoft stores. Does anyone have a picture of it?

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Get me off this ride Sakurai. Started with "Banjo is a goner" to "Banjo has a good chance"

I do have to ask though. I don't know what the Xbox displays look like in Microsoft stores. Does anyone have a picture of it?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Get me off this ride Sakurai. Started with "Banjo is a goner" to "Banjo has a good chance"

Where exactly would the games be displayed at? Is it like part of the selectable games on the xbox you can play? Also isn't this an older display since it still has the kinect?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I think if Steve does make it in over Banjo I might be done with speculation for a while. It's getting kind of hard to watch how little fan demand affects the roster.
Fan demand takes a lot and it takes a long time. Ridley took years and years of fan demand and K. Rool had to blast a large cannonball shaped hole in the ballot.

Characters that also had a lot of fan demand like Isaac still ended up being Assist Trophies. Fan demand has to be the biggest and loudest and most dedicated it can be. And then maybe, maybe they will make it in the game.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Fan demand takes a lot and it takes a long time. Ridley took years and years of fan demand and K. Rool had to blast a large cannonball shaped hole in the ballot.

Characters that also had a lot of fan demand like Isaac still ended up being Assist Trophies. Fan demand has to be the biggest and loudest and most dedicated it can be. And then maybe, maybe they will make it in the game.
I'm aware which is why I made that statement. Seeing happen back in Brawl was ok I was new to the scene and there was a big gap between it and 4. 4 came and a lot of obvious inclusions were skipped not once but twice with DLC. That hurt but mostly it was able to be dealt with because there was always this separation between Nintendo and the fanbase that made the lack of fan characters we usually get tolerable and then we had the ballot happen which removed that barrier. And then Ultimate comes and looks to be this big celebration for fans. Sadly that wasn't the case and here we are at the DLC. Fan demand should matter a lot more than it does. Definitely more than getting two characters from a master list of what the world wants to see. It shouldn't be this hard for the community to see additions they want. And to see that happen to Banjo a character near and dear to my heart who belongs to a company they have to work with to get Steve will be just too much. The fact is as a community we shouldn't accept how little our voices matter but since the community will continue to do so and fan demand will continue to be such a small part in Smash I will no longer a see a reason to do this.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Fan demand is why we got all the cut characters back. Don't forget that.

I think in the case of DLC, Sakurai knows that this is paid content and therefor needs to be something that will be sellable to a wide audience. Perhaps he thinks fan characters won't sell as well as more hip and mainstream picks?

Then again, if Erdrick is in, then that throws that theory out the window.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
That's true. But he's selling these characters worldwide. Maybe that doesn't matter if Erdrick is guaranteed to be a Smash hit in Japan.

I'm aware which is why I made that statement. Seeing happen back in Brawl was ok I was new to the scene and there was a big gap between it and 4. 4 came and a lot of obvious inclusions were skipped not once but twice with DLC. That hurt but mostly it was able to be dealt with because there was always this separation between Nintendo and the fanbase that made the lack of fan characters we usually get tolerable and then we had the ballot happen which removed that barrier. And then Ultimate comes and looks to be this big celebration for fans. Sadly that wasn't the case and here we are at the DLC. Fan demand should matter a lot more than it does. Definitely more than getting two characters from a master list of what the world wants to see. It shouldn't be this hard for the community to see additions they want. And to see that happen to Banjo a character near and dear to my heart who belongs to a company they have to work with to get Steve will be just too much. The fact is as a community we shouldn't accept how little our voices matter but since the community will continue to do so and fan demand will continue to be such a small part in Smash I will no longer a see a reason to do this.
We definitely got more than just 2 fan characters in Ultimate though. Not only did every single veteran return which is something many fans wanted, but Ridley, K Rool, Simon, Chrom and Inkling were all characters that a lot of fans wanted as well

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Fan demand is why we got all the cut characters back. Don't forget that.

I think in the case of DLC, Sakurai knows that this is paid content and therefor needs to be something that will be sellable to a wide audience. Perhaps he thinks fan characters won't sell as well as more hip and mainstream picks?

Then again, if Erdrick is in, then that throws that theory out the window.
Joker already puts that theory on thin ice as it's still a pretty niche series especially compared to the other third parties already in the game. And that's great every vets returning is a nice thing Sakurai did but that doesn't change how Sakurai is selecting newcomers.
We definitely got more than just 2 fan characters in Ultimate though. Not only did every single veteran return which is something many fans wanted, but Ridley, K Rool, Simon, Chrom and Inkling were all characters that a lot of fans wanted as well
Fixed it. Now I'm not saying Inkling wasn't popular but they weren't in the game for popularity. Even Sakurai didn't try to pass them off as a ballot pick. Chrom is here because Sakurai couldn't add real characters and he was able to be added quickly as a glorified costume. The Belmonts weren't picked on a ballot basis either, they had middling popularity during the ballot era. I'm sure they had enough support to justify it as a ballot pick but I have no doubt they are here because of Sakurai's love of the series and already negotiating with Konami for Snake. If he was actually going for a third party based on popularity it's highly doubtful Simon is who he would have landed on.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Simon and Inkling had more than fan demand on their side. Inkling was from the biggest new Nintendo franchise. Simon comes from a game series Sakurai loves. Fan demand helped to be sure. But it wasn't the only thing that helped them.

Ridley and K. Rool, to my knowledge, were added because of fan demand alone and had nothing else backing them up.

Last edited:

Cyclone studios

Smash Rookie
Simon and Inkling had more than fan demand on their side. Inkling was from the biggest new Nintendo franchise. Simon comes from a game series Sakurai loves. Fan demand helped to be sure. But it wasn't the only thing that helped them.

Ridley and K. Rool, to my knowledge, were added because fan demand alone and had nothing else backing them up.
Hi... :(

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Ridley and K. Rool, to my knowledge, were brought in from fan demand alone and had nothing else backing them up.
When you compare the two. I think Ridley finally got in because Nintendo had a lot of plans for metroid behind the scenes when Smash Ultimate was being developed. Fan demand wasn't really enough. I think game plans is what pushed him over the edge of getting in.

K. Rool was pure fan demand. I don't see Nintendo having plans for him any time soon.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Are we still pretending like Ultimate isn’t heavily based upon listening to the fans’ collective voices? Just because only two of six newcomers polled well on our super limited online fan polls does not mean that other characters did not get in because of fan demand. I’m not going to go through every part of it again, but considering how many cuts we were potentially facing in a Smash reboot, how many were brought back specially, and every character that got brought into Ultimate specially for fans, we’re looking at a good 20 that likely exist in this iteration due to fan demand.

We also don’t know if it’s easier to work with Mojang than other parts of Microsoft or if Banjo in particular becomes a harder character to work for than Phil Spencer’s support would imply. There’s just no way of knowing those intimate details on companies and their actual practices without being told directly. And even if we get Steve, it’s not like they maliciously chose him over Banjo. They may have just decided Minecraft and not given a second thought to it in the event we get Steve and in that scenario that’s not Steve over Banjo anymore than any other character would be over Banjo. It’s just they made a choice about a character and followed through. These two characters would get picked for entirely different reasons and aren’t actually competing in the least bit, just in the fans perception of things.

Top Bottom