• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Based on what sakurai & even reggie has said about DLC being characters that add something NEW to gameplay & play style (just look at joker's persona gimick) WHAT NEW gimikey playstyle could banjo & kazooie add to smash that would make them NEW sure they have the PERFECT move pull to pull from in Kazooie & tooie alone BUT what moveset would they need to play diffrent enuff for sakurai to add them ? transformations ? dragon kazooie ? split up pads ? they might not even get the moveset we are all thinking of ether I mean look at pirahna plant his standard B is NOT his iconic fireball but the spikey ball with the fire breath move as his back air ! sakurai might do something out of left feild with the bear & birds moveset to make them diffrent

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Based on what sakurai & even reggie has said about DLC being characters that add something NEW to gameplay & play style (just look at joker's persona gimick) WHAT NEW gimikey playstyle could banjo & kazooie add to smash that would make them NEW sure they have the PERFECT move pull to pull from in Kazooie & tooie alone BUT what moveset would they need to play diffrent enuff for sakurai to add them ? transformations ? dragon kazooie ? split up pads ? they might not even get the moveset we are all thinking of ether I mean look at pirahna plant his standard B is NOT his iconic fireball but the spikey ball with the fire breath move as his back air ! sakurai might do something out of left feild with the bear & birds moveset to make them diffrent
Literally all of the moves plucked from BK/BT make them unique without needing a gimmick to separate them from other characters.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
The only other character in the game that uses Eggs is Yoshi, but even then Yoshi's eggs are thrown at an Angle and he only has 1 type of egg whilst Kazooie's Eggs shoot straight forward and have multiple types of Eggs to use all with varying effects/Damages.

Theres no doubt that they'd be unique, anyone who says they would Unironically be a Duck Hunt clone probably scored Negative on an IQ test.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Literally all of the moves plucked from BK/BT make them unique without needing a gimmick to separate them from other characters.
Everything about them is tailor-made for Smash already, their movesets, their animations, their personalities, their cartoony style, their paraphernalia (stage, icons, on-screen appearance, spirits, etc.), and their history and legacy with Nintendo. It's literally all they need to be a unique set of characters even without a gimmick. And even so, there are plenty of gimmicks they could come up with to make them even more unique!

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
This was posted in general but it got me thinking, was Banjo truly leaked?
Not in the insider sense, but he's been leaked if it is true, in the sense of industry whipsers, timeline evidence, relative news etc.

Pieces that make up a whole that point to E3.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The only other character in the game that uses Eggs is Yoshi, but even then Yoshi's eggs are thrown at an Angle and he only has 1 type of egg whilst Kazooie's Eggs shoot straight forward and have multiple types of Eggs to use all with varying effects/Damages.

Theres no doubt that they'd be unique, anyone who says they would Unironically be a Duck Hunt clone probably scored Negative on an IQ test.
Agreed. He is the protypical Smash character who is still not in Smash, and outside of legal issues that prevented his inclusion in the past, would have been. A cartoony platforming duo with a variety of moves from two very popular Nintendo games. You could make 5 different and unique characters just copy-pasting moves from the game. It also means it’s hard to predict what direction Sakurai would go. Shoot eggs one by one from front and behind, or have Banjo use Kazooie for a rapid fire eggs gun, or would they be able to be aimed. That’s just one of dozens of examples.

Not in the insider sense, but he's been leaked if it is true, in the sense of industry whipsers, timeline evidence, relative news etc.

Pieces that make up a whole that point to E3.
From what I’ve seen, and admittedly I haven’t been paying a lot of attention to rumors so I’ve probably missed some, but it’s nice to see some insiders now talking positively of Banjo & Kazooie’s chances, without having any insider information. So less than leaks, less than rumors, and more just positive speculation from those who would know the industry a bit better. That is, if I’m not missing anything.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can't tell if this game is a result of Atlus milking P5 or a result of Koei Tecmo milking Dynasty Warriors.
I'd say both. Though the multi-platform part is *probably* KT's doing. Doesn't look like the death of Vita's shelf life will get Atlus to budge just yet for the time being.

Sorry if I'm assuming too much, but this feels like a post meant for the Square thread haha.

Also, I don't think the rights of Goku are his issue... It's the whole, not originally from a video game thing. If he was just a video game character I'm actually certain he would be in by now assuming the legacy doesn't completely change with that in mind...
Plus even if they had to go with a licensed character, they'd start with someone that has more immediate significance to Nintendo's history.

Besides, Dragon Power on NES was terrible.

Which is really just WFT’s deep breathing.

Clones, I’m telling ya.
Could be worse, Tobal No. 2 has tons of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In reality, Smash is just a game where everyone is a clone of each other.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
WEhat about it? That's just Cloud's Limit Break.
Um, no it's not? The only similarity it has is that it powers up Joker's specials, but there are still several differences:

1. The method of building it up is different, as Cloud just has to use his down special to charge it up no problem, while Joker has to rely on absorbing an opponent's attack in order for it to charge.

2. The specials that it boosts function very differently from Cloud's. Cloud's upgraded specials are a projectile that hits harder, a multi-slash attack, an upward slash for recovery, and a tornado that kills at a high enough percentage. Joker's meanwhile are guns that have multiple different means of attack, an arcing projectile that causes gradual damage over time, a recovery that grants invincibility, and a special that functions as both a counter and a reflector.

3. Probably the biggest thing, is that unlike Cloud, who's meter only really powers up his movement speed and specials, and only has a one-special use before going away, Arsene powers up all of Joker's attacks, not just his specials, and unlike Cloud, Arsene doesn't just go away after one use of a special; he sticks around until the meter empties.

So no, Joker's rebellion meter is not exactly like Cloud's limit meter; there are significant differences.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
WEhat about it? That's just Cloud's Limit Break.
Why does everyone want to **** on Joker so hard. Yes he has similarities to other characters but you are completely dense (not saying you specifically) if you think he plays just like any other character. In fact, most characters have similarities. Lucas, Mewtwo, and Zero Suit all have the same down smash.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Why does everyone want to **** on Joker so hard. Yes he has similarities to other characters but you are completely dense (not saying you specifically) if you think he plays just like any other character. In fact, most characters have similarities. Lucas, Mewtwo, and Zero Suit all have the same down smash.
Not only that, but King K. Rool, Ridley, and Incineroar all basically have a body slam as a down smash.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Not only that, but King K. Rool, Ridley, and Incineroar all basically have a body slam as a down smash.
Exactly. Characters copy and paste animations/moves all the time. It's nothing new to the series. But suddenly when Mr. Anime Joker joins the roster, it becomes an issue.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Exactly. Characters copy and paste animations/moves all the time. It's nothing new to the series. But suddenly when Mr. Anime Joker joins the roster, it becomes an issue.
I think people need to take a chill pill. Plus, even if some of his moves resemble ones from other fighters, his overall playstyle still feels unique and fun. In fact, I honestly prefer his rebellion meter over Cloud's limit meter for the reasons I listed above.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You guys remember in Brawl when Zelda/Sheik, Samus/ZSS and Pokemon Trainer were all clones of each other?

Wild times. Good thing Sakurai cut down on the gimmick to reduce the number of clones.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nothing but mad respect for Sakurai here. I was not aware he was a fellow Danny Phantom fan.
And I didn't know he was a One Piece fan either.

In reality, Smash is just a game where everyone is a clone of each other.
Mewtwo, Lucario, and Greninja are clones of Samus because they all share the same Natural-B lol.

Snake and Mewtwo are the only TRUE clones.
For a second I didn't know what you were talking about, than it hit me :idea:.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
This was posted in general but it got me thinking, was Banjo truly leaked?

Any thoughts, answers, signs, puzzle pieces to piecemeal?
No, what happened was someone in the general thread made a sarcastic "I can't wait for Banjo and Erdrick to be revealed at E3 and no one is surprised because they leaked early" post, someone mistook it as thinking a Banjo leak happened and it spread out

It was an awkward game of telephone

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just hope that IF/WHEN Banjo does get into Smash that I get to see this:

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft Game Studios / RARE LTD.

At the bottom of that title screen. I love Rare so much and if I get to see their name on the title screen of one of my favorite games if all time everytime I boot up Smash Ultimate I'll actually, probably, cry.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft Game Studios / RARE LTD.

At the bottom of that title screen. I love Rare so much and if I get to see their name on the title screen of one of my favorite games if all time everytime I boot up Smash Ultimate I'll actually, probably, cry.
I think the Microsoft copyright might read “Xbox Game Studios/Rare Ltd.” since that’s the division name now.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean, I hate the style of Joker and Persona as a series personally, but even I can see he's a unique addition to the Smash roster.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

In Ultimate, When I was listening to some of the tracks to Donkey Kong Country in the franchise track list menu and you can see the composer and company associated with it and it's kind of surprising to still see "Rare Ltd" credited on the compositions and if I'm not mistaken past Smash games in the credits as well.

Kind of funny that Microsoft cuts out the Nintendo logo in the beginning of the rereleases of their Rare games on Xbox and Rare Replay, But Nintendo leaves the Rareware logo in the rereleases of Donkey Kong games, I guess because one is a developer and the other is a bigger company/publisher so it would be weird for Microsoft to leave them in, Plus Copyright issues and what not.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm kinda little bit worried of the way he worded.
When you count in Japanese you need to add specific "counter" after numbers.
In that tweet Sakurai used "4人 (yo-nin)", which means 4 people. The counter "nin" is only used to count humans. You don't use it to count animals unless you have certain intention. It's just grammatically wrong and sounds super weird.
Smash officials always used "体 (tai)" as counter for the fighters as far as I'm aware. The counter "tai" includes humans and animals or any other behave similar to them (like robots/androids or any sentient beings).
Banjo is a humanoid character so yes "nin" could work, but it still feels very off to me not using "tai". If that was for pokemon, you never use "nin", humanoid or not.
So the tweet gives me an impression that the remaining 4 DLC characters are all human characters or some humanoids if we are lucky. But I just can't see characters like Amaterasu or Agumon from that word.
Maybe this is me thinking too much though. I hope Sakurai worded the way he did just to conceal the DLC character's identities.
yeah I'm sure he's just grouping them together as fighters; it'd be weird to give any details about who they are, even their species.

Plus I think there are some things where the characters sometimes refer to others as people, even if they're not human, i. e. Undertale. They act human, so they're just grouped together as "people" unless they want to be specific.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
If banjo makes it in and I’ve been wondering this If we manage to get Erdrick as well, do you guys think banjo will be top tier in the tourney with his moveset speculation or would he probably wound up mid tier?

Last edited:
Top Bottom