• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible that Jane is the new character from Persona 5 Royals that could be added to Mementos as DLC? Far Fetch I know
It's not impossible, its something that can just be patched in, it doesn't alter much aside from how the stage itself is programmed + model/animations. All in all a pretty minor update that can be thrown in just for added detail if that was the plan all along.

But considering what we know now, not as anything more than a background character. Unless they decide to add more Persona spirits in the future which would include Jane ofcourse and maybe the confidants, side characters, the Personas themselves. Which would be a welcome addition considering how few spirits there are.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I feel like people are just taking their frustrations out on the weapon it's self because it seems like a sure fire way to get into smash. It doesn't help that they had the need to give most of them a down B counter and a side b combo.
4 of the Fire Emblem cast play basically the same. Even when they started added more unique fire emblem characters they still felt the need to give them a sword.
We have 3 links
People are just so sick of swords.
A LOT of characters that are the most similar have swords, and there's a lot of overlap in each one. 4 Marths, 3 Links, 2 Pits (and a partridge in a pear tree). That's already 9 characters out of 70, with swords who aren't unique at all (in the sense that they have clones). Then you have Dragon Marth, Shulk and Heavy Marth all with counters and so on and so on. Nobody is going to say that Ike and Cloud are clones but they're not as different as DK is from Mario, there's a lot more overlap between the RPG sword fighters than really any other set of characters. Not to mention every character with a sword (except Meta Knight) looks like they're from the exact same game.

Sure you've got characters like Ryu and Ken, or Peach and Daisy, but no other characters aside from their doppelgangers play anything like them.

I'm sure people would complain if there were 7 Star Fox characters, but also Bucky O Hare and Rocket Raccoon and whoever the **** else.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the ONLY similar move be the up b anyway? Thats if they just don't give him Pit's instead?
I always figured his recovery would be their take off animation when you step on a flight pad. And if we wanted in to be more unique, incorporate red feathers. As the fight goes on, banjo fills up his "red feather bar" similar to robin. The more you have, the better you're recovery is. Performing a recovery when the bar is full would make king k rool jealous.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Pushdustin is translating parts of Sakurai's new book. This is one of them. Seems like Sakurai likes having Merch of the character when making them.

@Connorb0t2 Already got to the thread but I am stealing your image
D47y0tkWsAEcHpe.jpg

And they seemed to have started pushing out A LOT of Banjo merchandise leading up to when DLC was being finalized.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Pushdustin is translating parts of Sakurai's new book. This is one of them. Seems like Sakurai likes having Merch of the character when making them.

View attachment 212092

And they seemed to have started pushing out A LOT of Banjo merchandise leading up to when DLC was being finalized.
If you look at the merch he has there it's all a lot more true to the character than that old Banjo figure.

He'd be more likely to use that Totaku.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

View attachment 212092

Makes sense to me, especially since its better to start with something rather than nothing, like with using characters in the game as bases for new ones. I remember during the Grinch leak people showing him using some figures to help work out Mach Rider as a character. Obviously, that doesn't mean much since that leak was false anyways, but the fact that it was known even then that Sakurai likes using figures to get a good idea of the character says something at least.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Also Sakurai confirms again that there are 4 more dlc characters. I know he wouldn't announce a 2nd fighter pass yet. But as it stands right now we shouldn't expect a second fighter pass till we are told otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Also Sakurai confirms again that there are 4 more dlc characters. I know he wouldn't announce a 2nd fighter pass yet. But as it stands right now we shouldn't expect a second fighter pass till we are told otherwise.
I wouldn’t worry about that just yet

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

View attachment 212092

Oh my god, the little yellow thing from Mega Man confirmed for smash !!!!!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Hey, have you guys heard about Tamarin?
What in the Sweet **** is that.

It looks like a horrible combination of Both Early/Final Conker and Jet Force Gemini.

"Here take this"

[You Received the Uzi!]

But Why.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It seems pretty final at this point that we're only getting one fighter pass. Unless this pack makes a butt-ton of money and demand, I don't expect a second pass. Of course, if Banjo & Kazooie don't make it into this one, I hope to Sakurai they'll announce a second fighter pass in the future.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It seems pretty final at this point that we're only getting one fighter pass. Unless this pack makes a butt-ton of money and demand, I don't expect a second pass. Of course, if Banjo & Kazooie don't make it into this one, I hope to Sakurai they'll announce a second fighter pass in the future.
I'm still very confident in another round. With how much better Ultimate has done then Smash 4 I highly doubt we are going to end on less DLC.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Man I want Banjo so badly. Is there a chance of this actually happening?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm still very confident in another round. With how much better Ultimate has done then Smash 4 I highly doubt we are going to end on less DLC.
I hope so. Honestly, they could just add on to this game indefinitely and I don't think anyone would complain. Of course, I'd want Sakurai to get a rest after this bout of DLC before going any further.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That literally means nothing at this point. It's highly unlikely that Sakurai would break NDA if a 2nd pass was on the cards, and if it isn't, then it's highly unlikely that they even would have decided for or against a 2nd pass at this point.

I'm skeptical of another pass but that off-hand comment means exactly nothing.

That literally means nothing at this point. It's highly unlikely that Sakurai would break NDA if a 2nd pass was on the cards, and if it isn't, then it's highly unlikely that they even would have decided for or against a 2nd pass at this point.

I'm skeptical of another pass but that off-hand comment means exactly nothing.
He probably says “4 more” because we literally know the number of fighters in the fighters pass, which is what he is referring to. This doesn’t dismiss the possibility of future fighters passes by any means

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Though really how great would it have been to have Sakurai leak Smash info? He would have put 4chan, BestBuy, and Nintendo to shame.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
With how well ultimate is doing, and the switch's long life span, it makes too much sense to make another fighter pass...

And that's exactly why I'm worried we'll only get one

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Streaming Banjo-Kazooie on Mixer if anyone wants to come watch. Gotta get that 110% completion!
Mixer.com/BlackeyeThe2nd

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's my assessment as well. It all comes down to what'll happen after the 5th character is revealed. Incidentally, The Royal should be coming around that time stateside next year.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It wouldn't make sense to try and get Master Chief collection and Rare Replay on switch and still go with Steve as the Smash rep.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Sabi has not come out in support of either side. Whoever said this is lying. On a similar note, I may be looking too hard into this but I feel like the wording is suspect.
667D6F33-9809-4B3B-944A-C2F2A63B0B40.jpeg

Sabi here is supporting IDC's credibility. Yet in IDC's deleted tweet she does not mention Rare Replay or Banjo specifically.
xTlNRi0.png

This may be my bias, but I think Sabi knows a little more, if this post concerning IDC goes straight to Banjo. IDC's tweet could've been about Rash for all we know, yet Sabi's going to Banjo. I dont know, am I just crazy or could something be here?

Sabi has not come out in support of either side. Whoever said this is lying. On a similar note, I may be looking too hard into this but I feel like the wording is suspect.
View attachment 212254
Sabi here is supporting IDC's credibility. Yet in IDC's deleted tweet she does not mention Rare Replay or Banjo specifically.
View attachment 212255
This may be my bias, but I think Sabi knows a little more, if this post concerning IDC goes straight to Banjo. IDC's tweet could've been about Rash for all we know, yet Sabi's going to Banjo. I dont know, am I just crazy or could something be here?
She straight up said she’s heard Banjo from multiple people. But then you have Xenother and Hitagi claiming Steve is in, so I imagine it’s hard to take a stance when you have people saying contradicting things.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The source of the Rare Replay rumours was Sabi, right? Unless he's referring to Jason Schrier.

Either way, Jason said he thought Banjo would be in Smash, and Sabi's been saying lately that Banjo seemed more likely than Steve.

She straight up said she’s heard Banjo from multiple people. But then you have Xenother and Hitagi claiming Steve is in, so I imagine it’s hard to take a stance when you have people saying contradicting things.
Reminder that Xenother has never leaked a GD thing, and Hitagi got BTFO by his own admission over the whole Katalina thing.

Last edited:

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think that an N64 classic would ever get made. I think it would come after Rare Replay on Switch.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The source of the Rare Replay rumours was Sabi, right? Unless he's referring to Jason Schrier.

Either way, Jason said he thought Banjo would be in Smash, and Sabi's been saying lately that Banjo seemed more likely than Steve.

Reminder that Xenother has never leaked a GD thing, and Hitagi got BTFO by his own admission over the whole Katalina thing.
The fact that the Steve backers are starting to back out shows that Steve very well would've been used as leak bait. Xenother and Hitagi's sources were probably found out and cut off contact with them.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
lmao, and people say that Banjo's and Geno's fans are the only ones who have bad apples that 'rewrite history'.

Lessons Smash fandom needs to know: not every fan of a certain character is bad, and not every bad fan is a fan of a certain character. Again, I can't help but feel bad for Steve's genuine and friendly fans when there are so many stinkers like this.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think that an N64 classic would ever get made. I think it would come after Rare Replay on Switch.
They might be scared due to how much hate that controller has received over time. (I feel like I'm the only one in existence who loves it lol)

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
It only seems to be a sure fire way to get into Smash if you can be a clone or you're the main character in FE. I was onboard with no more swords myself when it was originally about diversifying FE but it quickly spiraled into every character with a sword being the same in people's eyes. It's a common weapon what should really matter is how it's used and even in FE there's more than just Marth's way of fighting.
Two more points here:

- Being a generic anime-swordsman
- Being part of a franchise Sakurai likes

And people are sick of swordsman because they're not much different from one another, this coupled with the stupid reason why Sakurai always chooses swordsman who are from games that don't give much of an option in terms of moveset. That's the reason why almost every FE are clones, that's why more than HALF of Jokers moves are copy/pasted. People see swordsman as the same because they're being made the same.

View attachment 212092

O man this is funny, notice how NONE of the figures on his desk orginate(K. Rool/Ridley) from the west or are currently owned by western devs lmao

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Two more points here:

- Being a generic anime-swordsman
- Being part of a franchise Sakurai likes

And people are sick of swordsman because they're not much different from one another,
Well, that's wrong. Most of the characters are completely different from one another. I'm not going to play Link, Marth, Joker(who's not even using a sword), Cloud, Ike, Pit, MetaKnight, Robin, or Corrin the same. The clones I might but the characters who weren't meant to be copies are varied.
this coupled with the stupid reason why Sakurai always chooses swordsman who are from games that don't give much of an option in terms of moveset. That's the reason why almost every FE are clones, that's why more than HALF of Jokers moves are copy/pasted. People see swordsman as the same because they're being made the same.
A lot of Joker's moves come from sources other than sword characters though and he still feels unique and different when his entire set is totaled up so not a great defense. The FE clone thing and the massive amount of characters from FE needs to stop but it's not from a lack of diversity in how swords can be used even in that series or Smash.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wished they would have went with a more "N64/Classic" design with a new plush release reminiscent of the original one from 1998 or along the lines of Nintendo's and Pokemon's current line of "Official" Plushies.View attachment 211831
If it was being made first party, I'm sure they would've and it would've been glorious. Instead, they let Stubbins use the license so it was released in their signature style. Think "Funko Pops" for plushies. While it may not be preferred, I actually love how cute it is :)

Top Bottom