• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't turn discussions into personal debates. If you want to settle your problems with other users, do it in PMs.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
On the bright side, it doesn't seem like they're planning to use Heihachi or the Prince Of All Cosmos any time soon, so that narrows down the choices a little.
Sakurai considered Heihachi for Smash For Wii U, and made a special point of highlighting him crossing over with Ryu in Ryu's DLC trailer...

Fairly certain that if we get a 2nd Namco character it's him.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It isn't split up. At best its a skin/echo that gets dropped for free and thats it, theres not much to it. As a business move it makes complete sense as its marketing Persona 5: The Royal for players on the same date the game itself is announced/detailed thrown in as a bonus to smash players to get them to check it out when it comes to Switch. Like I said above, Smash is a part of deals between companies, its a powerful marketing tool and third parties want in on it to promote brands at their leisure should they want it.

Being tied to dates like you're saying doesn't make sense, it's Atlus/SEGAs call on this, they'll drop this stuff when they see fit to if thats part of their deal.
what you are suggesting is like Simon and Richter and instead of being announced in the same direct Richter was moved to the last direct. Something that makes no sense. What you are saying is all parties involved sat down and agreed Atlus wouldn't reveal P5R details until after Smash already released a majority of its Persona content to then make an announcement so they can reveal more. And that somehow makes more sense to than the parties would just agree to release the Persona content in Smash when all Persona content would be available? I'm sorry that just makes no sense to me. Atlus had from December to April 17th to show P5R content if they were going to wait to after details to show off Jane and Sakurai had to drop the content only a week later to drop her alongside everything else and so it makes far more logical sense that they wouldn't have planned to release Joker on the 17th in the first place if more Persona content was happening. And if mii costumes cost money there is little to no chance an alt or echo is free.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai considered Heihachi for Smash For Wii U, and made a special point of highlighting him crossing over with Ryu in Ryu's DLC trailer...

Fairly certain that if we get a 2nd Namco character it's him.
If we're going from Smash 4 DLC period to make speculations about this game, I'd say Akira is the most likely SEGA character, not Joker.

I think there is a significant chance that our Bandai Namco "rep" (if we do get one) will be completely new to Smash.

D

Deleted member

So with what that resetera user said that dlc was likely negotiated in September this would blow more holes into the steve in a play test build in August hitagi claimed

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Wait... if hair physics is a thing with Janes character wouldn't that be a significant part of her character?

I could still see Dixie Kong being Jane.. even if she comes with a spirit board there's barely any spirits for Tropical Freeze aside from Frederik and she could come with spirits primarily from TF, DKC2 and 3.. plus they removed the DKCR stage, so I could see her coming alongside a new TF themed stage.
Eggsactly! If Joker has Pirahna data in his files, then this girl with the pronounce Ponytail could very well be our next character too. The Spirit Board could very well add more Tropical Freeze and DKC3 spirits so I don't think that is a problem. I'm gonna call it: This year will be the ultimate RARE reunion with a double reveal of DIxie and Banjo Kazooie in Smash. Maybe in the same trailer too.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
what you are suggesting is like Simon and Richter and instead of being announced in the same direct Richter was moved to the last direct. Something that makes no sense. What you are saying is all parties involved sat down and agreed Atlus wouldn't reveal P5R details until after Smash already released a majority of its Persona content to then make an announcement so they can reveal more. And that somehow makes more sense to than the parties would just agree to release the Persona content in Smash when all Persona content would be available? I'm sorry that just makes no sense to me. Atlus had from December to April 17th to show P5R content if they were going to wait to after details to show off Jane and Sakurai had to drop the content only a week later to drop her alongside everything else and so it makes far more logical sense that they wouldn't have planned to release Joker on the 17th in the first place if more Persona content was happening. And if mii costumes cost money there is little to no chance an alt or echo is free.
You're really hung up on this idea that 1 week between this is just so bizarre to you when really it comes to if they were to add in Jane at some point as a free skin/echo to promote P5R that has a scheduled announcement on the 25th which is what SEGA decided on. Why would they drop the main character for P5R one week early just to placate Smash fans. Getting an echo or skin wasn't part of what you paid for in that character pass was it? No. So just like Mii Costumes these third parties can sell whatever they want as part of their deal with Nintendo to promote themselves and earn an extra share.

Also from a marketing perspective what sense does it make at all to release Joker with all this P5 fanfare celebrating that particular game and just throw in the MC for their next edition/game as some sort of bonus that'll get no attention whatsoever when they can dominate headlines for a day as part of a marketing campaign to announce 'hey guys, we've also thrown in Jane to Smash for free!'.

Free or not, paid or whatever. It doesn't matter, all I'm saying is, its Nintendos decision to drop their content on their terms and for SEGA vice versa and I'm sure they have their mindset on when they prefer people to get their eyes on the product they're trying to sell, ergo Smash as a marketing tool.

I'm not gonna go in circles with you on this, lets just wait until the 25th and see what happens.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You're really hung up on this idea that 1 week between this is just so bizarre to you when really it comes to if they were to add in Jane at some point as a free skin/echo to promote P5R that has a scheduled announcement on the 25th which is what SEGA decided on. Why would they drop the main character for P5R one week early just to placate Smash fans. Getting an echo or skin wasn't part of what you paid for in that character pass was it? No. So just like Mii Costumes these third parties can sell whatever they want as part of their deal with Nintendo to promote themselves and earn an extra share.

Also from a marketing perspective what sense does it make at all to release Joker with all this P5 fanfare celebrating that particular game and just throw in the MC for their next edition/game as some sort of bonus that'll get no attention whatsoever when they can dominate headlines for a day as part of a marketing campaign to announce 'hey guys, we've also thrown in Jane to Smash for free!'.

Free or not, paid or whatever. It doesn't matter, all I'm saying is, its Nintendos decision to drop their content on their terms and for SEGA vice versa and I'm sure they have their mindset on when they prefer people to get their eyes on the product they're trying to sell, ergo Smash as a marketing tool.

I'm not gonna go in circles with you on this, lets just wait until the 25th and see what happens.
I'm hung up on it because all parties involved sat down to plan out the Smash release that works for all parties and somehow they would decide to release Persona content and leave some of it to be released later and even more baffling is that if the release was set one week later they could do it all together anyways which makes more logical sense. And bringing up the Mii costumes as not what we paid for is true and yet they still came at the same time as Joker. Why? Because it makes sense to bring all the content from the series at the same time. It's the same as the supposed echo or costume. It makes the most sense to bring it together with the rest of the Persona content and if it was coming then it would have been released alongside Joker and the Miis. I just can't fathom how during negotiations and communication, Sakurai went "Yeah Atlus I'm going to go ahead and release stuff on the 17th and we can just wait on Jane till you're ready" instead of planning to release everything all together a little later.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I'm hung up on it because all parties involved sat down to plan out the Smash release that works for all parties and somehow they would decide to release Persona content and leave some of it to be released later and even more baffling is that if the release was set one week later they could do it all together anyways which makes more logical sense. And bringing up the Mii costumes as not what we paid for is true and yet they still came at the same time as Joker. Why? Because it makes sense to bring all the content from the series at the same time. It's the same as the supposed echo or costume. It makes the most sense to bring it together with the rest of the Persona content and if it was coming then it would have been released alongside Joker and the Miis. I just can't fathom how during negotiations and communication, Sakurai went "Yeah Atlus I'm going to go ahead and release stuff on the 17th and we can just wait on Jane till you're ready" instead of planning to release everything all together a little later.
I already told you why they'd do it, for marketing purposes and dominating headlines and whatever the hell SEGA wants to do, the fact its a week apart makes little difference it'd be another thing if it was a month apart.

Also you think Sakurai gets to make those calls on when things are released? He didn't even specifically choose the DLC he picked from a curated list. He's certainly not the one setting dates and doing promotional deals.

Its 5AM, this is a dumb argument about video games that has no bearing on my life at all. I'm coming from a position of experience in marketing/social media and video games and making my guess on that, yours is based on well why can't we just have it now.

And at the end of the day I don't care. Its 2 days away before we get the answer. I'm willing to wait, not go in circles on a smash forum.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Jane could very likely have just been an alt. planned for Joker early in development, then later being scrapped. Recent information from vaanrose makes this seem just as if not much more likely than Jane being an echo.

I wouldn't be against a Jane echo, but her being one is likely not the case, and it doesn't really do anything to help Mii Costume theory anyway - and they could just release the costumes without tying them into a specific company's character.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I already told you why they'd do it, for marketing purposes and dominating headlines and whatever the hell SEGA wants to do, the fact its a week apart makes little difference it'd be another thing if it was a month apart.

Also you think Sakurai gets to make those calls on when things are released? He didn't even specifically choose the DLC he picked from a curated list. He's certainly not the one setting dates and doing promotional deals.

Its 5AM, this is a dumb argument about video games that has no bearing on my life at all. I'm coming from a position of experience in marketing/social media and video games and making my guess on that, yours is based on well why can't we just have it now.

And at the end of the day I don't care. Its 2 days away before we get the answer. I'm willing to wait, not go in circles on a smash forum.
Actually, mine is based on if more Persona content was happening we wouldn't have it now. Because they would have set dates with the idea of when all the content would be able to be released. As it stands right now it seems ludicrous they would have separated Persona content instead of making all come in one update. I guess we will see later on but for right now it's very unlikely we will any more Persona content head to Smash.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If we're going from Smash 4 DLC period to make speculations about this game, I'd say Akira is the most likely SEGA character, not Joker.

I think there is a significant chance that our Bandai Namco "rep" (if we do get one) will be completely new to Smash.
Joker didn't exist when Smash For DLC was being worked on, and even if he still didn't exist Akira was never getting more than the assist he has now.

Tekken's a more successful IP than Pac-Man. Virtua Fighter pales in comparison.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Tekken might be more successful sales wise, but you can't deny that Pac-Man is more iconic and important to gaming history.
I think he was using Tekken's sales over Pacman's to highlight Tekkens strength, not to say it should have come first or deserved it more.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Tekken might be more successful sales wise, but you can't deny that Pac-Man is more iconic and important to gaming history.
I'm not denying that. Pac-Man's recognised by GBWR as the most iconic video game character of all time. My point is he fact that Tekken's sales have exceeded that shows how much more significant it is as an IP than Virtua Fighter.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What sucks is that I don't care at all about Tekken. So I don't understand what makes Heihachi so appealing besides having every fighting game ever made represented in Smash.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If we are to have another Namco rep, I want it to be Nightmare from Soulcalibur.

Yes, he's another sword user, but at least he's a villain, plus a big heavy guy with a unique design.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If we are to have another Namco rep, I want it to be Nightmare from Soulcalibur.

Yes, he's another sword user, but at least he's a villain, plus a big heavy guy with a unique design.
I wouldn't mind Nightmare but if we get an SC character I want Kilik so bad. I mean as a kid with a GameCube I'd pick Kilik over Link in SCII and to this day he is still my main. I know without a doubt we'd get Nightmare but I'd do anything to make Sakurai choose Kilik instead.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Yoshimitsu would make sense since he would represent both Soul Calibur and Tekken.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it was fairly obvious that at least some of the fighters were planned since before November. November is just likely when they finalised the very last character in the pass.
Though it helps he implies this directly in his tweet, that everything was finalized. Makes me wonder if Joker was outright intended to be the first reveal regardless, as there's been some suggestions he didn't mean to reveal Joker at VGA originally. Though at the very least, it's not that hard to choose what spot on the CSS he is, so he can change any reveal plan he wants... if he's allowed to. As noted, Nintendo and Sega/Atlus are involved too in the marketing. So this could be part of why he got nothing more than a random video put up instead of an actual mini-direct.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Just made my own most wanted DLC pass and honestly if I can get Banjo and Monster Hunter I'm set
SmashDLC.png

andree123

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm thinking this post was done earlier than that, because P. Plant's graphics are glitchy at the time of this build, it possible that DLC may had worked on earlier than September.
Maybe but at the same time it was kind of obvious PP was intended for the base roster. I mean he's the only DLC character not associated with the pass, has no tracks or stages accompanying him and has a guidance. If Joker was also talked about or something then it would possibly be better evidence that DLC was worked on as early as September.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Maybe but at the same time it was kind of obvious PP was intended for the base roster. I mean he's the only DLC character not associated with the pass, has no tracks or stages accompanying him and has a guidance. If Joker was also talked about or something then it would possibly be better evidence that DLC was worked on as early as September.
The leak was from before Piranha Plant was announced; however, this just makes it look like DLC after Plant was worked on later than September or at least late September.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The leak was from before Piranha Plant was announced; however, this just makes it look like DLC after Plant was worked on later than September or at least late September.
I'm aware but they had him in a showable state in November when they officially revealed him so he obviously already had a few months of work done.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just made my own most wanted DLC pass and honestly if I can get Banjo and Monster Hunter I'm set
View attachment 211421
Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot would truly make it "Complete" and "Ultimate" for me.

Crash is my 2nd most wanted (3rd Party Character) after BK and my 3rd most wanted (Overall) after Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool.

Bonus Character: I wouldn't mind a 8th Generation Pokemon rep either, But Pokemon is already well represented so I still have that to fall back on.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm aware but they had him in a showable state in November when they officially revealed him so he obviously already had a few months of work done.
yeah, and the leak just mentioned Plant having some graphical bugs so it wouldn't have taken too long to fix him; it's likely work on Fighters Pass DLC started in late October-November if not early December.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I know many people would tell me it’s very unlikely, but I would love the new Namco rep to be Klanoa.

D

Deleted member

Ok since I already did the quote. I was just about to ask who this was before I realized this is Panda.
It’s polarpanda she goes by the name sabi

Forgot to put who it was on that post

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom