• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it would be safe to eliminate the banjo mii costume argument because if Steve were In (which he will not) he would just bring Minecraft mii accessories nothing else because Minecraft isn’t owned by rare plus the reason why tails and knuckles were shown with the persona costumes is because atlus is a sister location to sega
Nintendo is going to have to deal with the parent company for any character they want - it's not like they didn't have to go through Sega to acquire Atlus content. If anything, Rare and Mojang are sister companies under the parent company of Microsoft.

Well Joker is a thief so taking other characters moves makes sense :troll:

Soooo if we got the tails & knuckles mii costumes back with a sega rep dose that mean we will get a geno mii costume back with a square enix rep ?
Probably.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Well Joker is a thief so taking other characters moves makes sense :troll:

Soooo if we got the tails & knuckles mii costumes back with a sega rep dose that mean we will get a geno mii costume back with a square enix rep ?
well , if he's not the Square rep , that's pretty likely (+the chocobo hat)... I just hope some people won't use it as way to say "LOL EVEN MORE DECONFIRMED".

But honestly , if it's just a bonus with the SE rep , I'm okay with it. Maybe I'm too optimistic , but I don't think his chances are a dead 0% , haha.

Also , to change the subject ; What would you like to see in a potential Banjo-Threeie ?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think it would be safe to eliminate the banjo mii costume argument because if Steve were In (which he will not) he would just bring Minecraft mii accessories nothing else because Minecraft isn’t owned by rare plus the reason why tails and knuckles were shown with the persona costumes is because atlus is a sister location to sega
Not really, since Cloud came with Geno.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Idk if this is weak or not but I just wanna know what you think about it.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I feel like Sakurai would make an exception with Steve, especially since he's confirmed he loves the game and everything. He makes exceptions to characters all the time, even characters he originally said would never be in. Even Villager, someone who he said was too innocent and from a game so innocent, made it in the following game he made that statement, and now even Isabelle is in! His opinions on games and character inclusions change all the time. Ridley is another big example. 'I get the fan demand for Ridley, but I feel he would be too difficult to implement as a playable character without taking away from what makes him Ridley', and I'm paraphrasing there of course, but i.e, his size. This also means that I hope with Microsoft being buddy buddy with Nintendo recently has Sakurai eyeballing Banjo & Kazooie as a viable third-party character at long last, especially if the 'difficulty in acquiring such characters' has lifted since the Melee days!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems pretty weak; you can't complete Animal Crossing, Wii Fit (technically, anyway; the only goal of the game is to get in shape and stay in shape), Duck Hunt (unless you count kill screens), or many of the arcade games that Pac-Man's moves were inspired by (again, unless you count kill screens), at the very least.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like Sakurai would make an exception with Steve, especially since he's confirmed he loves the game and everything. He makes exceptions to characters all the time, even characters he originally said would never be in. Even Villager, someone who he said was too innocent and from a game so innocent, made it in the following game he made that statement, and now even Isabelle is in! His opinions on games and character inclusions change all the time. Ridley is another big example. 'I get the fan demand for Ridley, but I feel he would be too difficult to implement as a playable character without taking away from what makes him Ridley', and I'm paraphrasing there of course, but i.e, his size. This also means that I hope with Microsoft being buddy buddy with Nintendo recently has Sakurai eyeballing Banjo & Kazooie as a viable third-party character at long last, especially if the 'difficulty in acquiring such characters' has lifted since the Melee days!
It seems pretty weak; you can't complete Animal Crossing, Wii Fit (technically, anyway; the only goal of the game is to get in shape and stay in shape), Duck Hunt (unless you count kill screens), or many of the arcade games that Pac-Man's moves were inspired by (again, unless you count kill screens), at the very least.
Thanks for telling me

But I still don’t believe steve is in or any mc content at all

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the flipside, Monster Hunter is also explicitly cared more for its setting than the characters by fans, as evidenced by the fact that Rathalos is the only major content it got in Ultimate's base game. If we get Minecraft content at all, I'd expect Mii costumes of the enemies at least, or a standalone stage outside of the pass at most.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think this is just another case of fans trying too hard to turn Sakurai's anecdotes into hard rules. You don't need to complete a game to know it well and as Megadoomer Megadoomer said, some playable characters in Smash simply don't have games with clear endings.

Post says Villager is different but doesn't explain why being first party affects the moveset.

Also, this guy's name is "Steve won't be in Smash". Not exactly a name that promises objective, rational thinking.

D

Deleted member

I think this is just another case of fans trying too hard to turn Sakurai's anecdotes into hard rules. You don't need to complete a game to know it well and as Megadoomer Megadoomer said, some playable characters in Smash simply don't have games with clear endings.

Post says Villager is different but doesn't explain why being first party affects the moveset.

Also, this guy's name is "Steve won't be in Smash". Not exactly a name that promises objective, rational thinking.
I agree it’s just another one of those try hard theory’s

Let’s just drop this. isn’t worth it anymore

D

Deleted member

So anecdotal evidence, but Banjo is pretty well requested in Japan.

Every person I ask who they’d like to see for DLC immediately say バンジョーカズイイ as their first choice without any hesitation. Followed often by Monster Hunter, and then dead silence and “hmmm”ing as they try to think of something else.

Bear in mind I’m speaking to people roughly my age who were likely around for the N64. But people remember the two fondly, and feel they’re sorely missing from the roster.
Noticing a lot of your arguments are

1. Here's shoddy theory
2. People shoot it down
3. Ok but still no Steve
Dunno if it counts a shoddy theory, but outside of what Phil said about Banjo, the fact that 3rd party DLC Mii Costumes have made a return pretty much guarantees that IF we get Minecraft content at all, it’ll be relegated to that. But not only that, if MC content has indeed been leaked, that that only further elevates Banjo’s chances.

I mean, c’mon, you can’t look at this and not tell me it wouldn’t be the perfect way to do it.

3DC3246B-98B4-48F4-AAA2-FED77D045A63.jpeg

D

Deleted member

So anecdotal evidence, but Banjo is pretty well requested in Japan.

Every person I ask who they’d like to see for DLC immediately say バンジョーカズイイ as their first choice without any hesitation. Followed often by Monster Hunter, and then dead silence and “hmmm”ing as they try to think of something else.

Bear in mind I’m speaking to people roughly my age who were likely around for the N64. But people remember the two fondly, and feel they’re sorely missing from the roster.

Dunno if it counts a shoddy theory, but outside of what Phil said about Banjo, the fact that 3rd party DLC Mii Costumes have made a return pretty much guarantees that IF we get Minecraft content at all, it’ll be relegated to that. But not only that, if MC content has indeed been leaked, that that only further elevates Banjo’s chances.

I mean, c’mon, you can’t look at this and not tell me it wouldn’t be the perfect way to do it.

View attachment 210535
Honestly i see the costume working among the likes of the Akira costume from Smash 4, where the attire turns your body into Steve's blocky look, and the head of the Mii is replaced with Steve's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
got another thing to share with you all (don't know if it was posted here before or not)

Came across a custom video based off the battle vs Mr. Patch in Tooie for anyone who wants to check it out, details:

IMG_20190420_175932.jpg

Yoshi vs.... you guessed it, Duck Hunt Duo.

Patch rotates across the screen while jetpacks spawn, mimicking the flight pads in the original battle.

Pretty faithful attempt.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nobody's going to disprove Steve with any half cocked theory any more than you'll be able to disprove Klonoa, Aero the Acrobat or Joe and Mac.

He's looking unlikely with the Mojang employees coming forward to comment about him, but he's still within the realms of possibility.

D

Deleted member

Nobody's going to disprove Steve with any half cocked theory any more than you'll be able to disprove Klonoa, Aero the Acrobat or Joe and Mac.

He's looking unlikely with the Mojang employees coming forward to comment about him, but he's still within the realms of possibility.
Except we have a couple of credible leakers saying that they heard nothing and could be leakbait

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is anyone besides me getting bleeding sick and tired of these endless debates? No one will be right or wrong until E3 happens, if even then.

got another thing to share with you all (don't know if it was posted here before or not)

This is why you need to have a Pro or Gamecube Adapter on hand. :awesome:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Except we have a couple of credible leakers saying that they heard nothing and could be leakbait
You shouldn't take insiders at 100% faith either.

Remember when Inklings and Shovel Knight were going to be the Smash For DLC? Nothing's certain until Nintendo announces it.

D

Deleted member

Remember when Inklings and Shovel Knight were going to be the Smash For DLC? Nothing's certain until Nintendo announces it.
I don’t trust stealth

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Sakurai had to beat sonic 06? Yikes! Imagine if he had to play sonic boom.

I wonder if he ever played banjo kazooie/tooie? I'm sure he has since he considered them for melee. Tho it would be nice to hear his opinion on them.

No insiders ever said Inkling or Shovel Knight we’re going to be dlc. Everyone wanted Inkling and Shovel Knight had weird circumstances that made him seem possible, but no one ever said they were “happening”

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
It's not a good sign for your prospects as a character that gets into Smash when you've gone from 'Definitely involved in Smash Ultimate base game in some way' to 'Very likely DLC' to 'Likely' and now 'unlikely' based on all the heresay and """"insider information"""" thats occurred from before release to now, a mere short term away from E3.

At best and this is what I've always said, that Steve is looking good for a Mii Costume and that's it if there is anything at all.

The exact opposite phenomenon has occurred with Banjo from the timeline of before Ultimates release to now, and most of that information that has come to light has not been from 'anonymous leakers' on message boards, its come from extrapolated data and publicly known sources and news.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Is anyone besides me getting bleeding sick and tired of these endless debates? No one will be right or wrong until E3 happens, if even then.

This is why you need to have a Pro or Gamecube Adapter on hand. :awesome:
Now that I think about it , it must be hard for Banjo to play with the joycons. After all , he has pretty big fingers.

However , I would totally imagine him trying to plug an N64 controller to the Switch dock xD

It's not a good sign for your prospects as a character that gets into Smash when you've gone from 'Definitely involved in Smash Ultimate base game in some way' to 'Very likely DLC' to 'Likely' and now 'unlikely' based on all the heresay and """"insider information"""" thats occurred from before release to now, a mere short term away from E3.

At best and this is what I've always said, that Steve is looking good for a Mii Costume and that's it if there is anything at all.

The exact opposite phenomenon has occurred with Banjo from the timeline of before Ultimates release to now, and most of that information that has come to light has not been from 'anonymous leakers' on message boards, its come from extrapolated data and publicly known sources and news.
It’s definitely interesting that two of the people who have indeed heard Banjo is coming are people connected to Xbox (Rand from the Xbox Two and the Microsoft journalist Polar Panda talked about)

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
To be honest, Banjo is the most confident about a character I've been since Elma for the base game.

I promised myself that I wouldn't get burned again.

Welp. Here we are.
5082_500.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be honest, Banjo is the most confident about a character I've been since Elma for the base game.

Welp. Here we are.
I know the feeling. I had to take some mental effort just to put the duo in my sig again.

v1.jpg

Although it is a bit amusing how it's one of the few icons that are actually displaying right, at the moment...

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman

Welp. Here we are.
Join the club, Banjo honestly was what killed the Grinch leak for me. I honestly found Banjo in Smash less believable than having like 10 million characters tba in less than a month.

And yet, here I am now.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No insiders ever said Inkling or Shovel Knight we’re going to be dlc. Everyone wanted Inkling and Shovel Knight had weird circumstances that made him seem possible, but no one ever said they were “happening”
Either you weren't around for Smash For DLC's speculation period of you have VERY selective memory.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Join the club, Banjo honestly was what killed the Grinch leak for me. I honestly found Banjo in Smash less believable than having like 10 million characters tba in less than a month.

And yet, here I am now.
In the back of my mind, I occasionally think that the Grinch leaker's train of thought wasn't too far off if he gets two characters right by accident in a row. :ultken:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
In the back of my mind, I occasionally think that the Grinch leaker's train of thought wasn't too far off if he gets two characters right by accident in a row. :ultken:
Did we ever get the full story with that? Like did the person who did it come forward? I can't remember how that all turned out.

Top Bottom