• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
At first, the Joker reveal, at least in terms of Banjo, was worrying, though given some contradictions with rumors, I feel like it doesn't move the needle either way. Great to see DLC characters on the banner--makes them feel like part of "everyone is here." Wouldn't be so if they were left out.

Made my DLC wishlist (not predictions, as some are not likely) using a template thanks to CapuKappu.

DLC characters.png

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, has anyone else been having server errors when they try to download the Smash update? Because that's happening to me right now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah the update is up but the server is overloaded. We might have to wait awhile for things to ease up.

D

Deleted member

Hey, has anyone else been having server errors when they try to download the Smash update? Because that's happening to me right now.
Oh so it's not only happening to me.

Something similar happened in E3 2015 when Lucas, Roy and Ryu were released.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Dissapointed that Nintendo still doesn't know how to manage a server despite knowing how to take $20 a year for online. These servers must be running on koopa clown cars because this online is a joke lol.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
At first, the Joker reveal, at least in terms of Banjo, was worrying, though given some contradictions with rumors, I feel like it doesn't move the needle either way. Great to see DLC characters on the banner--makes them feel like part of "everyone is here." Wouldn't be so if they were left out.

Made my DLC wishlist (not predictions, as some are not likely) using a template thanks to CapuKappu.

View attachment 209692
This would be perfect! I would never ask for anything again!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, so according to the error message I got, the server is going through maintenance right now, and will end at 10 pm. Hopefully, I'll be able to download the update then.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Going back to a previous topic, why the hell do people get mad when they "anime characters" join the roster? You are literally playing a game from Japan, that makes no sense people are getting mad that Japan's predominate animated art style is getting utilized a lot when the damn game is from Japan.
I think it's more of the archtype of a "Anime JRPG Swordsman" Than Anime overall that people are sick of and I think Fire Emblem reps in Smash are part of the blame that gives that impression to players. That's why sometimes you see more of a negative reaction from some fans when a newcomer of that "Archtype" gets unvield.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Okay, so according to the error message I got, the server is going through maintenance right now, and will end at 10 pm. Hopefully, I'll be able to download the update then.
Well, I stand corrected then lol. When I got the message saying the update went live I thought it was ready to download.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Leave it to Nintendo to release an update and then send the server directly to maintenance.
Yep. Thanks to their incompetence with online stuff, we now have to wait an extra hour from when the update was promised to actually play it.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So now that all of ver. 3.00 is out in the open, how is everyone feeling about our chances?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Feeling good, but not a lock. I'm interested in what the datamines have to offer, especially if there are any changes added to Brave or if another codename shows up.
Big Big thing to watch out for. Was Joker's model based on Mii Swordfighter. If there are any Swordfighter files in Joker's folder, this would skyrocket the Duckhunt X Swordfighter glitch theory.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
how long before 3.0.0 gets datamined yall think? assuming they leave info for people to find that is.

D

Deleted member

Yes really.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZocky

Smash Ace

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yes really.
That is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes really.
Legit hope that guy gets fired.

Maybe by the next Smash in 10 years, they'll get it right...

In any case, when in doubt, only download the day after something goes live, doing as fast as possible rarely ends well.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Yes really.
542.gif

Never change nintendo. Never change.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Yes really.
BIG OOF!

Not a big deal for me I promised my friends I would't play as Joker till this weekend anyways (we're having a Joker only Smashfest) so my friends can have the best chance of beating me since I'll need to figure out his moveset.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm going to assume that's sarcasm, because this is something that I wish to high heaven and back that they'd get better at, but since this is apparently the third time this has happened with a Smash game, I'm not holding my breath.
It's sarcasm on my part. But I'd like to imagine this is what Nintendo chants to themselves on a nightly basis. Hence we STILL have problems like these.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, if nothing else, I feel this entire situation validates my decision to not buy the subscription to Nintendo Switch Online, because if this is an indicator, then it's a REALLY underwhelming experience that's not worth 20 bucks.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Well, if nothing else, I feel this entire situation validates my decision to not buy the subscription to Nintendo Switch Online, because if this is an indicator, then it's a REALLY underwhelming experience that's not worth 20 bucks.
Think about it. Nintendo provided crappy internet for Brawl and Sm4sh. This is their third time trying out online play with Smash and it's still ****, but the difference is this time you have to pay them for their **** internet.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Think about it. Nintendo provided crappy internet for Brawl and Sm4sh. This is their third time trying out online play with Smash and it's still ****, but the difference is this time you have to pay them for their **** internet.
Which is exactly why I haven't paid for the service yet.

Top Bottom