• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Joker has spirits included. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini themes play in the background

C0A74A69-4922-4A51-B687-DB94F2823B0B.png

Also, not gonna lie, I thought this was Grunty for a second.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, Joker has spirits included. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini themes play in the background

View attachment 209188
Lol grunty got in before banjo

Wait what if...

Last edited by a moderator:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 209188
I was JUST going to see if this thread caught that image. I didn't play any of the Persona games, so this possible Grunty reference was the most exciting thing for me from today's mini-direct. Joker looks dope though. Glad they picked him.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Some people might say I’m reaching because of the cat but Grunty did have a cat in Nuts and Bolts albeit purple and not black.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The stage builder shot could easily be a huge reach. Lots of stereotypical witches have green skin and black clothes.

That said, I find this very... very interesting.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, apparently Joker's being released tonight, so I'll wait until I've played him a bit to give my full thoughts, though I do love the extra detail about his victory screen resembling the one from Persona 5. I also love that the new Spirit Battles are going to be separate from the main board; I still haven't cleared all of them, so keeping the new ones separate makes things easier. Finally, Joker being added to the banner shows once and for all that if Banjo-Kazooie do end up getting in, they'll be in the banner alongside everyone else, which would be AMAZING!

Edit: Also, I honestly don't think that witch shape in the Stage Builder portion really means anything, especially since Grunty didn't have a cat until Nuts and Bolts, and even then, the cat was purple, not black.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Call me crazy but anyone think the witch structure in Stage Builder was hinting at Banjo's inclusion?

#Banjoconfirmed4Smash

New Theory: Witch Theory.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
One detail about Joker that I REALLY appreciate is that his initial Down Special counter move is NOT necessary to build up his rebellion meter, because I absolutely suck at using Counters, so I greatly appreciate that I won't need to rely on one to get access to his better abilities.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean... that’s a pretty specific image to make for a new Stage Builder, especially since there were a lot of Nintendo-specific themes showcased before this particular image. I mean...

EC0588DB-CC0B-42A4-A4D5-DE68C28F2083.png

E9698A56-9D81-45B6-8F57-45BCAA50A5D0.jpeg

That’s a bit on the pointy nose!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I still personally wouldn't put too much stock in that image.

Also, poor K. Rool; first Villager steals his crown, and now Joker; poor guy can't catch a break!

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I have no hope for Banjo or anything good anymore after that terrible Joker reveal. Sorry, but Joker is such a dumb character, shows what's wrong with Sakurai and Smash - another generic anime guy with a counter + reflect+a comeback mechanic on top of rage+generic ultimate that half this cast has(multiple hits leading to a final hit.

It's sad that we get a nobody from a PS franchise. I'd have preferred Crash or Spyro over this garbage. Don't be surprised if we get Erdrick that ALSO has a counter+reflect. Steve is looking more possible now than ever.

Joker....what a god awful choice. This game needs to get a director that doesn't have a bias.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
One other thing to takeaway here! The 5ch leak is dead! It claimed Jack Frost would be part of his moveset. Not a single bit of the dude was seen.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I still personally wouldn't put too much stock in that image.

Also, poor K. Rool; first Villager steals his crown, and now Joker; poor guy can't catch a break!
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not putting stock or placing bets on anything until Banjo & Kazooie get an official Nintendo/Microsoft reveal in a Direct or some presentation hailing them home as the next Fighter Pass and reuniting with their Nintendo family, been burned one time too many, but that image does raise an eyebrow, at the very least.

BZocky

Smash Ace
One other thing to takeaway here! The 5ch leak is dead! It claimed Jack Frost would be part of his moveset. Not a single bit of the dude was seen.
plus the minecraft stage builder not being included that was mentioned in the french transcript leak

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yea, I have no hope for Banjo or anything good anymore after that terrible Joker reveal. Sorry, but Joker is such a dumb character, shows what's wrong with Sakurai and Smash - another generic anime guy with a counter + reflect+a comeback mechanic on top of rage+generic ultimate that half this cast has(multiple hits leading to a final hit.

It's sad that we get a nobody from a PS franchise. I'd have preferred Crash or Spyro over this garbage. Don't be surprised if we get Erdrick that ALSO has a counter+reflect. Steve is looking more possible now than ever.

Joker....what a god awful choice. This game needs to get a director that doesn't have a bias.
Think you're being just a little pessimistic, friend-o! Joker and Persona are definitely not my cup of tea, but even I can say a LOT of work looked to be put into them. Even though I'm remaining skeptical of Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion just because I've been burned one time too many, I still have optimism towards their return and hopefully a pretty great Fighter Pass as well. And even though Joker did get his start on Playstation, it was probably a lot easier to get him in over Crash and Spyro since he's technically a Sega character like Sonic and Bayonetta (hence why Sonic Mii costumes were revealed alongside Persona gear).

We'll hopefully find out who the next fighter is this week if we get a Direct announced tomorrow...

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
The black cat could be a reference to Joker, the first DLC, and the green witch a reference to Banjo and Kazooie, the next DLC. So the cat does not really matter if you look at it that way.

I agree though, it's probably nothing and just reaching.

I'm only kind of excited about this possible reference because a green witch over a cauldron is so specifically odd to include in the stage builder segment.

Last edited:

G83mBoy

Smash Cadet
That was a different leak. Jack frost was in the one with only Erdrick and Joker, not the Doomguy/Ryu/Steve one.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

Dang you're right we have too much anime. Joker, Cloud, Marth, Pikachu, Kirby, Mario, Sonic, Pacman, Yoshi, Samus. All the characters are anime, Smash is anime. Oh god, Sakurai is anime.
Can we please stop pretending anime is a problem and recognize after 70+ fighters some of the moves just feel the same and is because development is easier to take moves from other fighters instead fully make new moves? Like maybe Sakurai needs a bit more creativity in his movesets but for the love of god people need stop with anime this and that garbage.

D

Deleted member

We shouldn't be looking too much into the Witch Stage. Remember that Rathalos pic that supposedly looked like Golden Sun? Yeah we all know how that turned out.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I know not to put much stock into it but it is incredibly strange to use a which to showcase your stage builder for no apparent reason because I don't believe persona is associated with witches

D

Deleted member

That was a different leak. Jack frost was in the one with only Erdrick and Joker, not the Doomguy/Ryu/Steve one.
Well that doom leak is already done for anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie guys, I was sweating and clenching my fist when the mii costumes were being revealed.

Not today beloved bear and bird...

Not today..
FlusteredSpotlessGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
This joker using a gun thing is real nice for the people who want characters like Doomguy and Conker

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Well that doom leak is already done for anyways
I misremembered. Oh well, this means 1 half of it was debunked. Still this is promising since spirits are confirmed to be part of the pack. Rare Spirits are still there. Sucks we dont know who's next, but its something to go off of.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Dang you're right we have too much anime. Joker, Cloud, Marth, Pikachu, Kirby, Mario, Sonic, Pacman, Yoshi, Samus. All the characters are anime, Smash is anime. Oh god, Sakurai is anime.
Can we please stop pretending anime is a problem and recognize after 70+ fighters some of the moves just feel the same and is because development is easier to take moves from other fighters instead fully make new moves? Like maybe Sakurai needs a bit more creativity in his movesets but for the love of god people need stop with anime this and that garbage.
I 100% agree with you and this isn't an endorsement of the poster you replied to, but as someone who doesn't watch anime and doesn't really like the animation style in general, anime bias is painfully noticeable.

It doesn't take away from Smash and certainly doesn't take away from Joker being a fantastic choice, but it's.... fatiguing, if that's not your thing and you been asking for a bear/bird duo and wooden puppet for 15 years to keep getting reveald of generic swordsmen # 16 and anime character #11.

For example, a fighter pass with Joker, Erdrick, Monster Hunter, and Lloyd would mean we would get 4 JRPG protagonists with swords/blades. They'll all amazing characters with rich franchise histories that deserve fighter representation, but it would be an obvious trend to say the least and it is alienating.

I'm not against these characters in the slightest, but it's a tiresome trend if JRPGs and anime aren't your thing.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
You guys are reading way too deep into that witch

Hate to break it to you but 4chan screencapped you

D

Deleted member

TFW This means we will have to wait until E3 to find out the second Fighter Pass character:

Top Bottom