• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
My biggest hope is for arenas to allow more than one player per console at least for friend only arenas

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
My reasoning for that is because of the new GSP system being individualized for each fighter and Elite Smash being a thing.

Because Elite and Regular Quickplay have separate queues

The GSP System was a mistake

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Apparently "brave" has a slide similar to banjo. Duck hunt has some pretty funky shenanigans going on with glitches. We're speculating that he's being worked on as a base for someone.
Duck Hunt possibly being worked on as a base for Banjo-Kazooie makes sense to me.

Both are mammals with birds riding on their backs. I think Banjo-Kazooie would be basically like a bipedal Duck Hunt with a couple similar moves.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Babjo’s Side Special would be similar to Duck Hunt’s Side Special, same goes their Up Special, Jab, aerial attacks, and I could even see neutral Special

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The salt from the haters would be so delicious. It would be K. Rool all over again and I would love it.

Actually it was :wolf: for Brawl and :4duckhunt:for Smash 4's base. Those two were the last fighters developed and revealed for Brawl and Smash 4's base
The 3DS game was out before DHD and BJ were revealed. They were technically revealed last, but only because they were intended to be hidden characters. The last character prior to launch was Shulk.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, I'd be perfectly fine with a Gen 8 reveal. Not just because I like two of the starters (sorry Grookey), but also since it would tear apart the "only third parties for DLC" theory that's forcing speculation into a Mexican standoff lately.

The 3DS game was out before DHD and BJ were revealed. They were technically revealed last, but only because they were intended to be hidden characters. The last character prior to launch was Shulk.
Then there's something I forgot to mention, PP technically counts as the last character that's been revealed prior to the pass, even if he isn't part of the base roster.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If anyone ever gets you down about how Banjo isn’t nearly as well known as Steve, just remember that Joker’s here

The salt from the haters would be so delicious. It would be K. Rool all over again and I would love it.
Spot on.

Nothing better than people having their pre conceived ideas and narratives smashed to pieces when it comes to speculated characters. if anything, K.Rool shows you that relevancy and recent appearances isn't always the be all and end all and that bodes well for bear and bird. Its a great feeling knowing that a character you have wanted for a while has made it to the top of the mountain, one feeling I hope we all get to share in the future, for some, once more, others, a first time.

Some people say that the bragging may be petty, but frankly I didn't and don't give a **** considering all the unwarranted hate K.Rool and Ridley, just to name a few, received.

OT, but for example, you had certain children and neckbeards comparing the K.Rool fanbase, on Smashboards, on the K.Rool Kutthroats thread to a white supremacist group by name and behaviours ffs. A pretty low act and one you wouldn't even expect in say GameFaqs "social" boards. As I've said many times, I'm aware its the interwebz and you'll get some strange things said but that was next level, scummy bin juice.

You also had people tarring some overzealous and angry Ridley fans as reflective of a whole fan base, which is well known and ditto for K.Rool too. Utterly mind boggling. Maybe I expect too much from people. Meh. But I was very pleased that Ridley finally made it.

Obviously amazing that K.Rool made his grand return to gaming as a whole after so long. But It was also very glorious that all the haters were proved wrong. It certainly added a bit of extra shine to the occasion and his inclusion will forever stew in their guts. He's here and there is nothing they can do about it, winners are grinners. :grin:

BK seem to have it a tad easier when it comes to negative opinions about their inclusion. Muh relevancy, anti-Rare/platofrmer/"kiddy" game brigade, vs Steve. It doesn't seem as toxic which is great, I guess YMMV....

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking about Banjo-Kazooie’s DLC Pack. I think it would be amazing if it included:

• Playable fighter: Banjo-Kazooie
  • Stage: Spiral Mountain
  • Mii Fighter costumes
    • :ultmiifighters: Creeper (Minecraft), Snake Rattle 'n' Roll (red snake for female Mii, blue snake for male Mii), Horstachio (Viva Pinata), Clippit
    • :ultbrawler: Battletoad (based on Rash), Fulgore, Abominable Snow Monster (SkiFree)
    • :ultswordfighter: Mumbo Jumbo, Conker, Steve (Minecraft), Sabreman, SkiFree
    • :ultgunner: Jet Force Gemini (Juno for male Mii, Vela for female Mii), Joanna Dark, Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, Jetpac

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
My biggest hope is for arenas to allow more than one player per console at least for friend only arenas
Not only do I wish for this, but I also wish that public battle arenas can actually function for more than 5 matches before crashing. For the most part, Smash Ultimate online has been decent for me, but I'm paying Nintendo for their online services now, so I expect consistency. This is their third time doing online for Smash and it's barely a step up from Sm4sh's online (in my opinion).

D

Deleted member

If anyone ever gets you down about how Banjo isn’t nearly as well known as Steve, just remember that Joker’s here
Also remember that Resident Evil, Capcom's best selling franchise, has jack all when it comes to Smash representation, and Monster Hunter (which outsells Street Fighter and Mega Man) only has Rathalos as a boss plus a Mii Costume from a past installment.

Mega Man, a franchise whose best game only sold around 1 Million (the reason why Mega Man has 34 Million Sales is because of how many Mega Man games are there, but if you look at their individual sales you will notice that Mega Man games don't have the highest sale numbers, albeit those games don't exactly require a large budget anyway) was chosen as the base Capcom Newcomer, second newcomer shown in Smash 4 overall, and has one hell of a presence in advertising material of Both Smash 4 and Ultimate (appearing in other newcomer trailers like Bowser Jr in 4 and Ridley in Ultimate, newcomer posters like Pac-Man's, Robin's, etc)

Granted BJ aren't as iconic as the Blue Bomber himself, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 197290
Hope you don’t mind If I drop some Banjo art.
Getting a strong hip, 20 something year old version of Baloo from the Jungle Book-vibe here.

Nice piece of art referencing Mumbo's BBQ/final ending.

Mumbo and Bottles reactions are pretty funny, if bear and bird show up in Smash then Bottles won't be the only one falling off his chair!

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
You know, I'm not sure if I was here if you guys talked about this, but which do you all prefer: Grunty's Furnace Fun or Tower of Tragedy?

I think I prefer Furnace Fun just because it was like a game board and there were specific question types, lending itself to different paths you could take. Getting to hear different music tracks again and fighting old mini-bosses was a lot of fun for me. I don't have anything against Tower of Tragedy, and admittedly, the fact that Grunty straight up kills her sisters when you win is the kind of morbid humor I've come to expect and love from the series, but I don't think it compares to Furnace Fun.

You can also say you didn't like either one. I won't judge.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know, I'm not sure if I was here if you guys talked about this, but which do you all prefer: Grunty's Furnace Fun or Tower of Tragedy?

I think I prefer Furnace Fun just because it was like a game board and there were specific question types, lending itself to different paths you could take. Getting to hear different music tracks again and fighting old mini-bosses was a lot of fun for me. I don't have anything against Tower of Tragedy, and admittedly, the fact that Grunty straight up kills her sisters when you win is the kind of morbid humor I've come to expect and love from the series, but I don't think it compares to Furnace Fun.

You can also say you didn't like either one. I won't judge.
Tower of Tragedy during the Hag 1 boss fight.

Because it’s answer right or have a harder fight.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Tower of Tragedy during the Hag 1 boss fight.

Because it’s answer right or have a harder fight.
Why did I forget ToT during the Hag 1 fight

Good point, actually. Probably the best part of the Hag 1 fight, if you ask me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The last character revealed was Shulk before the 3DS version launched. Duck Hunt wasn't revealed before 4 overall launched.

Likewise, Olimar was the last character revealed before Brawl released. Wolf got revealed after its launch. That's what people meant by "final base roster" reveal, that is, before launch. Which is the equivalent to Kencineroar. In previous Smash games before Ultimate, it was common practice to reveal a few characters after launch. Ultimate changed that entirely, a specific thing Sakurai wanted to do. Mostly to avoid leaks(didn't succeed that well).
Well regardless, :wolf: and :4duckhunt:were the last characters developed for Brawl and Smash 4's base so they were the finale whether people liked it or not.

LogFrog LogFrog
that 21 year old bear/bird who wants a spot on the utlimate roster
Actually, Banjo is 22 because he debuted in Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well regardless, :wolf: and :4duckhunt:were the last characters developed for Brawl and Smash 4's base so they were the finale whether people liked it or not.
Correction; the finale was who were revealed before the game launched. That's what people knew of. Nobody cared much after, because the characters were already known by that point due to being unlocked. And we actually don't know if those were the last characters developed for base either. The reveal order is not the same as the development order. The reveal order does partially correspond to it, but only because some aren't ready to show off yet. But only to some degree. I can't find the full datamine of the actual character list. Do note that Jigglypuff was developed way later according to it, though. It may have been developed after Wolf too for all we know.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Actually, Banjo is 22 because he debuted in Diddy Kong Racing.
That's kinda far off the point though. We're talking about the final revealed characters and they're usually always anti-hype. At least compared to the early ones.

If Banjo doesn't come by the time character 3 is announced then I think we're outta luck. They can't possibly announce a bigger name, and character 3 is probably coming at E3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's kinda far off the point though. We're talking about the final revealed characters and they're usually always anti-hype. At least compared to the early ones.
Whatever dude, :wolf: and :4duckhunt: were still the last characters developed for Brawl and Smash 4's base.

If Banjo doesn't come by the time character 3 is announced then I think we're outta luck. They can't possibly announce a bigger name, and character 3 is probably coming at E3.
I think character 2 is going to be announced in April when Joker drops and will be released in June sometime during or after E3 with possibly character 3.

volbound1700

Smash Master
There is another Microsoft franchise that is bigger than Banjo-Kazooie and perhaps their third biggest franchise after Halo and Minecraft but it hasn't seen any new title in over a decade. Can anyone guess which franchise this is?

P.S. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see this franchise return. I use to play it on MSN Gaming Zone on my PC.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There is another Microsoft franchise that is bigger than Banjo-Kazooie and perhaps their third biggest franchise after Halo and Minecraft but it hasn't seen any new title in over a decade. Can anyone guess which franchise this is?

P.S. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see this franchise return. I use to play it on MSN Gaming Zone on my PC.
Fable? Or Project Gotham Racing?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Wouldn't Microsoft's 3rd biggest IP be Gears or Forza ?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Whatever dude, :wolf: and :4duckhunt: were still the last characters developed for Brawl and Smash 4's base.
Again, that might be incorrect. The reveal and development of characters are not inherently the same. They are the last reveal, just not the last reveal before the launch. Reality is, people were anti-hyped from the final reveals before launch because that's the note they left on, with R.O.B. and Shulk, no different from Ken and Incineroar. This is what people saw first. Regardless of how you view the reveal order, you're making an assumption about the development order. We have little information on who was developed first and last. At best, we have a datamined character order(which I'm still looking for, but I don't remember Wolf being last, but Jigglypuff being last, implying she was developed last in comparison).

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Age of Empires is dope, but is it considered a Microsoft IP like Banjo, Halo, and Minecraft?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

They do that with the main roster because the hype characters are used more prominently in marketing materials, so they get revealed earlier. It's not the same system with DLC, where each character needs to sell itself individually, and aren't beholden to the same kind of schedule. I mean Cloud, possibly the biggest reveal, wasn't shown until almost a year after release (more than a year for the 3DS version).

There's literally no proof whatsoever that DHD was the last character developed, and as a completely original newcomer in a roster with clones present, it's likely not the case. You seem to be conflating it with last character revealed.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They do that with the main roster because the hype characters are used more prominently in marketing materials, so they get revealed earlier. It's not the same system with DLC, where each character needs to sell itself individually, and aren't beholden to the same kind of schedule. I mean Cloud, possibly the biggest reveal, wasn't shown until almost a year after release (more than a year for the 3DS version).

There's literally no proof whatsoever that DHD was the last character developed, and as a completely original newcomer in a roster with clones present, it's likely not the case. You seem to be conflating it with last character revealed.
Cloud was the 2nd newcomer shown, the 3rd and 4th were widely controversial in Corrin and Bayo. So while we only have one frame of reference for DLC, the final reveal didn't live up to Ryu/Cloud.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Cloud was the 2nd newcomer shown, the 3rd and 4th were widely controversial in Corrin and Bayo. So while we only have one frame of reference for DLC, the final reveal didn't live up to Ryu/Cloud.
And making a rule based on one instance always turns out so well for predicting things. Even on what we already know the parallels are off, and will only get more so with additional content revealed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Age of Empires?
Correct. It was a HUGE IP at one time. Everyone played AOE 1 and AOE 2. Too bad it has gone the way of the doodoo. I always thought Microsoft could have stuck it on Xbox. They made AOE online but it was cartoony and deviated from the original which had more of a serious and historical theme.

Sorry everyone, I haven't been on a lot this morning so that is why I came off as cryptic.

Age of Empires is dope, but is it considered a Microsoft IP like Banjo, Halo, and Minecraft?
Yes. It was licensed by Microsoft and was one of their first game. It came out long before the Xbox. Ensemble Studios made the game. I think they stopped making games for Microsoft after Age of Empires III & Mythology. (I have never actually played AOE III).

I would love to see a reboot of the original AOE but they would have to make it serious. Here are the Civs that should be considered for it:

Assyrians
Babylonians
Carthaginians
Celts (New)
Choson
Egyptians
Ethopians (New; Alternative name could be Kush)
Greeks
Hebrews (New)
Hittites
Macedonians
Mauryans (New)
Minoans
Palmyrenes
Persians
Phoenicians
Romans
Shang
Yamato
Sumerians

Basically return all the classics with 4 new civilizations that would be great additions IMO. Mauryans are a great dynastic empire from India in case you are wondering as India had no representation in the original AOE. Mayans could be an option but they would be alone in the Americas.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Correct. It was a HUGE IP at one time. Everyone played AOE 1 and AOE 2. Too bad it has gone the way of the doodoo. I always thought Microsoft could have stuck it on Xbox. They made AOE online but it was cartoony and deviated from the original which had more of a serious and historical theme.

Sorry everyone, I haven't been on a lot this morning so that is why I came off as cryptic.
Age of Empires 4 was announced, but it looks like it's gonna be Microsoft's MP4.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Again, that might be incorrect. The reveal and development of characters are not inherently the same. They are the last reveal, just not the last reveal before the launch. Reality is, people were anti-hyped from the final reveals before launch because that's the note they left on, with R.O.B. and Shulk, no different from Ken and Incineroar. This is what people saw first. Regardless of how you view the reveal order, you're making an assumption about the development order. We have little information on who was developed first and last. At best, we have a datamined character order(which I'm still looking for, but I don't remember Wolf being last, but Jigglypuff being last, implying she was developed last in comparison).

If that's the case, than what do you all suppose the number order for the characters videos on the Smash Bros. website is than? It's in order from the 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, and Ultimate so what else could those numbers be but the order they were all developed in the series excluding the Echos.

Top Bottom