• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Isn't Rare Replay not really possible since it heavily relies on Xbox 360 emulation? I believe that might be a big reason why it's on the Xbox One Game Pass but not the Windows 10 Game Pass.
I imagine it wouldn’t be hard to fit the games on a cartridge. Aren’t most of the games old school 16-bit and 64-bit games? Plus like a few 360 games? They could easily throw that on a cartridge, or do like Bayonetta and include a digital download for part of the package

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I still hold on to some hope about Nintendo's E3 meeting with Phil and Sakurai leaving that same night to get back to work. Which is way before the DLC list was apparently finalized.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
From what I've heard Nuts and Bolts (a 360 game) had some noticeable frame issues on the Rare Replay version, idk if that ever got fixed. However, if Xbox emulation is too troublesome to get running on Switch, then maybe a solution would be to replace the 7 Xbox and Xbox 360 games with the DKC Trilogy, DK 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox Adventures and something like Gruntys Revenge or dare I even say it, Goldeneye?

Or just save Rare games for the N64 mini, sorry but no one cares about playing Attic Attack on the go. I'd still enjoy a Rare Replay port though!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Rare Replay wouldn't even need the 360 games included. They could easily be replaced with Star Fox Adventures, DKC 1-3, DK64, Grunty's Revenge, Banjo Pilot and Diddy Kong Racing.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Off topic but does anyone know if killer instinct (2013) is in the game pass? I love that game to death and it's wasted on the Xbox one. It's one of the only rare games that was done justice by Microsoft

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Off topic but does anyone know if killer instinct (2013) is in the game pass? I love that game to death and it's wasted on the Xbox one. It's one of the only rare games that was done justice by Microsoft
No but it’s a “freenium” game.

You install it free, get access to a different fighter everyday, and can choose to buy extra.

Some bonuses include the arcade Killer Instinct 1 and 2.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Oh yeah may I be added to the supporter list? While I've not played a Banjo game still all this speculation has swept me up in support for them and the dedicated people who've been asking for them for years.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
No but it’s a “freenium” game.

You install it free, get access to a different fighter everyday, and can choose to buy extra.

Some bonuses include the arcade Killer Instinct 1 and 2.
Damn. I was hoping it would be on the switch.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
How am I just learning that Banjo Pilot is a thing that exists?

For real though, an updated Rare Replay for Switch is an absolute necessity. I would like to have access to Viva Pinata though.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really don't see them making a special Nintendo version of Rare Reply. A port sure. But not a bunch of exclusive games.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe it is, but I know you can buy it on Win 10 and Steam now.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Feeling more optimistic about Banjo as time goes on.

Sakurai also said he was looking to add a Konami character. Personally I think they wanted a new third party character in the base game because those are easy headliner characters, but only one with their company already in the game because of the already massive amount of companies already signed on, but that's just my conjecture. I could see Simon Belmont scoring higher than any other third party character with their company already in the game.
I'd believe that.
Meanwhile, it was apparently said in a Famitsu article that Alucard would have been picked (being the most popular CV character), but Sak reconsidered by acknowledging that fans would prefer a Belmont to get in first.
That wasn't he said. He said more players would probably be more familiar with Alucard

Last edited:

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
https://youtu.be/URG4sTF3tPM

So it looks like mementos might be jokers stage.

Hopefully this doesn't lead to that one leak that said banjo is a costume...
View attachment 194060
That leak also said Nintendo would announce all of the DLC before E3, and considering will still don't know who #2 it's pretty safe to say that it was just a troll trying to get the Banjo fan's panties in a wad. Relax.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
People are starting to say that Jane might actually be another DLC codename. That means a female character probably. Meaning any leak that has all male characters might be fake.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
That leak also said Nintendo would announce all of the DLC before E3, and considering will still don't know who #2 it's pretty safe to say that it was just a troll trying to get the Banjo fan's panties in a wad. Relax.
Well that's good. Nintendo would be foolish to blow their load all at once and leave us in an info drought for over half a year.
This is another reason I dislike leaks. There're so many now a days, it's hard to keep track of who says what.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
If the "Jane" datamine lines up with the "first letter" theory, then it could mean that one of these characters makes it in:

-Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
-Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)
-Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
-Jenna (Golden Sun)
-Jill Dozer (I forgot the name of her game)

Those are all the female video game characters I can think of that start with "J".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Rare Replay wouldn't even need the 360 games included. They could easily be replaced with Star Fox Adventures, DKC 1-3, DK64, Grunty's Revenge, Banjo Pilot and Diddy Kong Racing.
And Sabre Wolf GBA, for funsies.

If the "Jane" datamine lines up with the "first letter" theory, then it could mean that one of these characters makes it in:

-Jenna (Golden Sun)

Those are all the female video game characters I can think of that start with "J".
Pretty sure the whole "Jane" thing is simply for introducing a female variant of Joker, as a worldwide premiere.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

-Jenna (Golden Sun)

Jill Valentine is the only one on that list with any real chance honestly.

That said I don't think it's a new character, the female Joker theory sounds more plausible.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

-Jenna (Golden Sun)

So I decided to take a look at each and every one of these characters to see if they have ponytails because that's what hair style they'd be rocking.

Jill Valentine: Originally no, but ever since Resident Evil Revelations, yes.

Jade: Nope

Joanna Dark (oh come on, we're Rare fans here right?): No

Jenna: No

Jill: Twintails? But no ponytail.

So most likely of this list could be Jill Valentine.

But let's get back to Banjo. What voice would he have? Original or Tooie?

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to take a look at each and every one of these characters to see if they have ponytails because that's what hair style they'd be rocking.

Jill Valentine: Originally no, but ever since Resident Evil Revelations, yes.

Jade: Nope

Joanna Dark (oh come on, we're Rare fans here right?): No

Jenna: No

Jill: Twintails? But no ponytail.

So most likely of this list could be Jill Valentine.

But let's get back to Banjo. What voice would he have? Original or Tooie?
I'm okay with either voice, as we know that his taunts and K.O. voices will steal the show

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Jane might just be the female Joker I saw someone mention before. Perhaps something like Olimar and Alph?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Jane might just be the female Joker I saw someone mention before. Perhaps something like Olimar and Alph?
I think the explanation behind why Jane could be separate stems from this ResetEra post.

TL:DR if separated, Jane is supposedly a single file for a single character whereas Jack 06 is Joker's 6th alt costume that is not a Female Joker. If separated. Also, Jane has no c0 file, meaning the ponytail is universal to her.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I think the explanation behind why Jane could be separate stems from this ResetEra post.

TL:DR if separated, Jane is supposedly a single file for a single character whereas Jack 06 is Joker's 6th alt costume that is not a Female Joker. If separated. Also, Jane has no c0 file, meaning the ponytail is universal to her.
Man this is a real puzzle. Forget Brave- I've NO idea who Jane could be, though I feel inclined to think Shantae since she's the most notable game character with a ponytail.

Though, didn't indiegamerchick mention something about a Resident Evil character previously being planned & scrapped or something? If so there's a point towards Jill Valentine.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Getting Jill Valentine would be something else. That would make her the 4th capcom rep. Square only has 1, konami has 3, Sega has 2 (soon to be 3) and poor namco only has 1 despite helping make the game.

Step up your game square enix, you're making konami look generous

Edit: but only after banjo comes...then you can step your game

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Getting Jill Valentine would be something else. That would make her the 4th capcom rep. Square only has 1, konami has 3, Sega has 2 (soon to be 3) and poor namco only has 1 despite helping make the game.

Step up your game square enix, you're making konami look generous

Edit: but only after banjo comes...then you can step your game
I don't think that a RE character will be playable in Smash.

Bubblestand

Smash Cadet
Didn’t Indigamerchick have ‘false info’ about Jill valentine at some point or am I making this up?

Bringing it around town.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
People are starting to say that Jane might actually be another DLC codename. That means a female character probably. Meaning any leak that has all male characters might be fake.
Do you think?
cz6nt55.png

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The problem with this one is that none of those characters could relate to the name Jane in anyway. And I really want this one to be real.
Too right. I know it could be fake as hell...but a man can Dream. Chrono would be so sick.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The problem with this one is that none of those characters could relate to the name Jane in anyway. And I really want this one to be real.
Actually... if there’s a character who is supposedly meant to be Jane, how come all of our supposed “leakers” haven’t started naming names yet? Seems like no one truly knows who is going to be DLC huh?

G83mBoy

Smash Cadet
There's lots of video game characters with ponytails. Notable ones include
Shantae
Claire Redfield (maybe related to Jill like some of you are saying)
Dixie Kong
Kasumi
Lyn
Mai Shirauni
Lara Croft

These are just the ones that have even the slightest bit of chance.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Actually... if there’s a character who is supposedly meant to be Jane, how come all of our supposed “leakers” haven’t started naming names yet? Seems like no one truly knows who is going to be DLC huh?
Seems to be the case. Looks like Nintendo is being super careful nowadays.

Top Bottom