• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
This leak has pictures huh? Thought it was your standard text leak. Anyone mind sending me a link?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The leak in question seems like it could be made in half an hour, at best, with Photoshop. It's definitely fake, seeing as (unlike the ESRB leak for Smash 4, which had a lot of accompanying pictures and videos) there's nothing else supporting it.
I can see it getting the first two characters right. Get everyone to believe it. Just for the last two characters to be wrong.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Chrono and Banjo-Kazooie: Likely
Agumon: Not likely, but I can see the train of logic that could lead to his inclusion and it would be wild to see him and Pikachu in the same game; former rivals now hand in hand
Reimu: No. Reimu alone kills this fake leak, Tohou is nicher than niche. I often harp on Sans being nothing but a meme pick, but Undertale at least is a world-wide phenomenon. Barely anyone in the west knows what Tohou is.

You could argue "But Marth and Roy were unknowns in Melee", but I feel like this is simply a different time than the experimental days of the early 2000's. I know relevancy is a hot-button issue when it comes to discussing character picks, but I feel like for Ultimate DLC they're going to pick characters that have a definite following of some kind. Of course you could make the same argument against Banjo, but Banjo has a nostalgic following all over the world.

Tohou never seemed to really break into the West and remains this thing that people on the internet kinda know, but don't really know it. If that even makes sense

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
The leak in question seems like it could be made in half an hour, at best, with Photoshop. It's definitely fake, seeing as (unlike the ESRB leak for Smash 4, which had a lot of accompanying pictures and videos) there's nothing else supporting it.
Might you be able to put up the link again? I don't know when it was last shown.

Agumon: Not likely, but I can see the train of logic that could lead to his inclusion and it would be wild to see him and Pikachu in the same game; former rivals now hand in hand
Reimu: No. Reimu alone kills this fake leak, Tohou is nicher than niche. I often harp on Sans being nothing but a meme pick, but Undertale at least is a world-wide phenomenon. Barely anyone in the west knows what Tohou is.

You could argue "But Marth and Roy were unknowns in Melee", but I feel like this is simply a different time than the experimental days of the early 2000's. I know relevancy is a hot-button issue when it comes to discussing character picks, but I feel like for Ultimate DLC they're going to pick characters that have a definite following of some kind. Of course you could make the same argument against Banjo, but Banjo has a nostalgic following all over the world.

Tohou never seemed to really break into the West and remains this thing that people on the internet kinda know, but don't really know it. If that even makes sense
I mean, if you knew who Shulk was before Smash 4, to quote Honest Trailers:
"Congratulations! You are now Japanese!"

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
If that leak was to be true, then damn... that is a very Underwhelming DLC lineup, I'd honestly just Purchase Banjo and call it a day.

I've never played Chrono Trigger, I never cared about Digimon and please for the love of God Reimu is such a trash pick- im sorry but I cannot express my hate for this character any other way.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really want to start maining Duck Hunt so when Banjo is added I can be the queen of animal/bird combo characters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah it's easy to fake if you put enough effort into it.

here's an example, just the font and the gradient aren't exact:

legit Steve leak.png

I think all website leaks are fake, anyway; the data isn't stored until they actually upload it as far as I know, so if it does have the data stored early on anything the company has linked to it and it's ready to be shown online, they'd probably have to do a lot of hacking.

Of course, since no one else can see it, it's likely fake anyway since hacking like that would probably just force it into the public view (I don't really know how it'd all work, just trying to make sense of it).

yes I realize 71 is Joker, just assume he was scrapped for block boi.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So now Verg says he got a death threat and all of a sudden says Banjo is in

Is he messing with us...? Its messed up someone would actually threaten him but I honestly can't tell if hes being sincere with the way he just drops Banjo in there

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

Is he messing with us...? Its messed up someone would actually threaten him but I honestly can't tell if hes being sincere with the way he just drops Banjo in there
DasVergeben doesn't use twitter. That account is someone impersonating him.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

2cok2t.gif

D

Deleted member

Oh **** look

They are adding another Link :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, we've gotten to the point where an impersonator is making him look even more like a buffoon.

Sure took long enough for that to happen.

Also, I don't see how the bloody hell he'd fear for his life when he's on the Internet, he has no physical contact with any of the Gamefaqs users, as far as I know.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
definitely a parody account:

he also said Banjo would be in when he said he got a death threat.

He better hope bear-bird gets in or his death threat count is gonna be real if people believe he's the real Verge (though I see them being likely anyway, throwing my bias for them aside).

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I have never taken anything VirginBen has ever said seriously, he is a joke and obviously got lucky guesses.

He is literally pulling things out of his A$$ and hoping to god its real.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Technically
definitely a parody account:

he also said Banjo would be in when he said he got a death threat.

He better hope bear-bird gets in or his death threat count is gonna be real if people believe he's the real Verge (though I see them being likely anyway, throwing my bias for them aside).
Yeah, I can see at least a bunch of people being naive enough to believe this.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That is not actually Vergeben, as some people mentioned. He also got a massive blow to his credibility when he incorrectly claimed that Star Fox Grand Prix and a port of Pikmin 3 would be revealed in last week's direct. He also claimed that if anything Zelda related is announced that it won't be anything related to Link's Awakening.

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
Yikes dude, I didn't know people still even follow Vergeben. It seems like he's been wrong more than right. It's really hard for me to put stock into anyone like him.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yikes dude, I didn't know people still even follow Vergeben. It seems like he's been wrong more than right. It's really hard for me to put stock into anyone like him.
People are sheep

They accept the standard “oh this person said something ridiculous and it came true so (s)he’s a leaker” standard. Yet you show contradicting evidence and you get slammed for going agsainst the “ruler”.

To be fair, it’s just as ignorant to ignore the fact that he leaked the majority of the base roster and instead focus on the couple of things he said that haven’t happened yet (they haven’t been deconfirmed so you can’t say he was wrong about it). It’s also ignorant to say that all the things he got correct (no cuts, Snake, Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar) were all just “lucky guesses.” I know his credibility took quite a hit after that last direct, but we shouldn’t be acting like the dude has never had any credibility

Last edited:

BlueJaySSB

Poggers my Doggers
People are sheep

They accept the standard “oh this person said something ridiculous and it came true so (s)he’s a leaker” standard. Yet you show contradicting evidence and you get slammed for going agsainst the “ruler”.
I suppose it happens, people wanna believe what the leaker says because they want what he says is coming. But the problem is he/she is wrong a lot. We should stop giving Verg attention and all of his/her "leaks" will go away.

Still waiting for this supposed "Minecraft content"
This one is like the big one for me. This was a driving point Verg made so not even a spirit really just eliminates any sort of credibility for me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing for sure is, he and his sources only gets things right for a fighter's base game. DLC, on the other hand? I have no clue how anyone would keep going when they're unable to find anything concrete in that kind of situation.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I wouldn't count Tohou out. It's got a very big internet presence in general. And these are coming from all over the place, Japanese people of course, but also there's a huge underground fanbase in English speaking countries as well.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I can totally see Vergie-burgie using his now broken credibility to hurt fanbases that didn't believe him. Now that he's outed as a fraud he could then claim Banjo-kazooie is in to damage their reputation. I know this Twitter is just a parody of the fool but at this point I can sooo see him going on a petty revenge campaign against the fanbases characters that didn't like him.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Rember when everyone thought a grandblue character was gonna be dlc?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Good times...or not

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
He got almost everything right in the base game, but for DLC I feel like he's just as in the unknown as us. Especially considering his track record for the Direct.

Last edited:
Top Bottom