• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
1. Gheb_01

You're like perfect N1 target every game it seems. I do not really have much to say, but I'm sad you couldn't use your PR at all this game. :(

2. Orboknown

You lurked hard-core this game, but I feel that was due to Out of Game reasons so I understand that. Thanks for playing dude! You're always a fun player to watch in games.

3. Zaixl

I actually attribute a lot of mafia's lose to your slot. Mainly because their NK on you was very silly and actually by you dying, everyone was able to figure out the game in that aspect. Your paper trail helped so kudos to you on that!

4. BarDicuLous

:( Bard...buddy. Oh dear, I feel there is nothing I need to say here, but I hope your next game goes infinitely better. You're due for an amazing game next and I anticipate that with alot of my heart. I know you are a great player when you want to be, this game you got stuck in a hole. If you would have claimed literally any role but Tracker, it may have worked out.

5. RadicalRat

You were definitely the best member of the scum-team from thread presence, but your NK game was what tripped you up. Always kill the claimed PR. You were a bit too confident that Sneaky was not going to track you and you could just lynch him, however, that wasn't the case and led to your final demise. You had great disconnects with your team (sans the Sneaky vote where you and Generic were on it together), but I enjoyed reading your posts in game because it was nice to see a new player do very well as my first time seeing them as mafia compartive to Gheb's Mini Mafia. Thanks!

6. TheKingofKoopas/Red Ryu

Replacement Swag Game Strong. Thanks a bunch Ryu and I owe ya if you ever need a replacement into a game you run. I don't have much to say, however, regarding your in game slot. ^^"

7. sneakytako

You were strong in getting thread control, I will say that. However, I will say that your posts were borderline offensive at some junctures due to overwhelming amount of cockiness. I understand the thrill of the hunt and also feeling on cloud 9 with being cleared, I would just ask for bit more tact when playing what you did. The Rake ML was a tad...unappealing though you did a great job with not letting go of thread control especially D3 which saved your slot from being lynched which led to you investigating RadRat. Great job in the end!

8. Maven89

You are easily beginning to sneak up my list of player I really enjoy watching and playing with. I like the way you think because I feel it is similar to mine, but the way you go about things is mildly abrasive but that's good in a lot of situations! You were considered Obvi Townie by nearly everyone after D1 and you kept that going till your death since you became the biggest threat to RadRat to the point where he shot you over the claimed PR. That is really good work as a VT and thanks for doing the role justice.

9. *GenericHandle*

Buddy, I understand the busy johns and those are truly real. I would just like to say that more thread presence will help you loads. I would aos probably say to express your thoughts in a more expansive manner because I feel somethings get lost in translation regarding you. However, I am extremely happy and proud of you as a person, Generic because of the way you came into the thread even after you lost was not that of a sore manner, but that of a person looking to improve and get better regarding Mafia. I am very eager to play another game with you and this new Generic that you seem to be concocting. Best of luck next time in your game and if you need any assistance, please feel free to message me. :D

10. MoosyDoosy

First game out of the gates and to nearly everyone in the green room, you played the strongest. You set yourself as town and also as the town voice piece which utlimately wins games for either side. I liked that you had your mind made up and you stuck your ground in almost every argument, especially since you led the Generic lynch without a hitch D3. I will be honest and say that the best thing that happened for you was Zaixl getting NK'd because I felt you would have tunneled him until he was dead so that kill helped you get your head back into the game. Regardless, really strong town play.

11. Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I do not really remember much about your slot besides the fact that you were lynched D2 for connection reasons that sort of made sense? I don't know, I think mainly this game you got the short end of the stick buddy, but I really appreciate you playing me game, so thanks for that.

Overall:

Mafia made too many mistakes and town was there to capitalize on each one. Bardull's snafu with the fake-claim, Generic losing his voice in thread, and RadRat not considering to NK Sneaky were the main causes for their downfall. I will say the NK game was lacking in this where the Mafia were just killing the scummiest people which left them open to accusation. The only NK that made somewhat sense to me was Maven and a little bit on Gheb.

If the archaic MVP system was still around, I would probably lean to giving Moosy an MVP status for this game because his play was really strong, he moved the thread in a positive light, and also just a really strong game-play all game.

The set-up in final was this:

2x Mafia Goon
1x Mafia Role Cop

vs.

1x Odd-Night Tracker
1x Even-Night Watcher
6x Vanilla Townie

I like this set-up because it creates PRs that don't really 100% pin down people as scum and also creates a set-up that doesn't "Follow/Protect the claimed PR" Everyone thought there was a doc protect in the game and that should not be assumed about knowing how all set-ups work. The Role Cop was a weak PR thrown to the mafia team to help them examine what they were dealing with, however, when the game was figured out D1/N1 the PR was more just VT hunting haha. I thought about putting a Voyeur into the game but then realized that would make Town a bit over-powered in that regard possibly. It is something I played around with because I like weak PRs because they add just the right amount of investigation to a game rather then definitive roles.

Anywhos, again, thank you all for joining my game and also for playing it to the end! I had tons of fun rhyming the vote-counts, flips, and even NAs to Sneaky. Rawr!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also, if ya'll have any notes or thoughts, please throw them my way! I am always looking to improve as a host and would also like some ideas thrown my way for what to consider for my next game.

I am looking at something like a Spirited Away Mafia or just a compilation game of some sort. I have so many ideas. @_@

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Wait can we go back to Bardul? I understand why he was lynched after the claim, but I'm still confused as to why he was in hot water in the first place. Part of the reason I defended him so much is I think the attacks against him were luck/flawed reasoning.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wait can we go back to Bardul? I understand why he was lynched after the claim, but I'm still confused as to why he was in hot water in the first place. Part of the reason I defended him so much is I think the attacks against him were luck/flawed reasoning.
Hard to explain tbh. Like, I'd kinda spot after like 2-3 posts that he was just faking/bull****ting without necessarily being able to put it into words.

:059:

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure tbh. The thing that made me more cozy about his lynch was how he responded to the pressure on him. When you're being pressured by town, don't seek to use insults or offenses to make them change their vote because the opposite will happen. Instead try to explain what you were trying to do as if you're town. You kinda tried to say my points against you were illogical than trying to explain them and at a certain point your defense stopped. If you're town, you're going to insist on not being lynched as it'll screw town over.

And yeah, I'm kinda glad Zaixl died. <3

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I'm not too sure tbh. The thing that made me more cozy about his lynch was how he responded to the pressure on him. When you're being pressured by town, don't seek to use insults or offenses to make them change their vote because the opposite will happen.
Mmmm. I could find you some counterexamples to this.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Townies shouldnt try and scream dont lynch me because early on thats definitely more something mafia has to worry about. If I'm gonna be mislynched, whatevs, just lemme get thoughts out and leave that paper trail.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
IRL johns seem to be clearing themselves up nicely, so if anyone's gonna open another game I want in.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hard to explain tbh. Like, I'd kinda spot after like 2-3 posts that he was just faking/bull****ting without necessarily being able to put it into words.

Kaladin Kaladin

Basically Bardull buddied Moosey for like no reason and antagonized Rake for no reason.

Maven89

Smash Master
For me it was that I didn't really understand Bardull's initial points at Rake and didn't find his explanations viable. It felt more to me like he was forcing his contribution instead of having it come naturally from the thread.

Also, Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake woops, that's like twice in a row we did a bad lynch on you

I was actually semi-worried after our collapse day 2 that town was going to implode on itself

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Well, good job Town.

I'd just like to say though, I would have at least lasted that day if you would have waited for me to actually post before lynching me, but....

Yeah. You got me.

Reason for not killing Tako: I was paranoid killing him would get me lynched.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Zaixl, let it be known, you were my hardest kill.

I liked you, and you were a pleasure to have in the game.

Maven89

Smash Master
Actually I'm really curious as to the Zaixl NK, what was the reasons for it?

edit: Also, props to #HBC | J #HBC | J on the rhyming, I actually thought you were just taking them from the game

Last edited:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'm really curious as to the Zaixl NK, what was the reasons for it?

edit: Also, props to #HBC | J #HBC | J on the rhyming, I actually thought you were just taking them from the game
The idea was that you guys would WIFOM the hell out of it.
In hindsight, we should have lynched him with Moosy, but eh.

The original plan was to kill you for that night.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Huzzah.

Honestly your guys meta is much different than what I'm used to, lots of passive play.

Also, get rekt bardul lol

Last edited:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
You actually didn't do too bad, Sneaky.

Of course there was the D2 incident, but like 80% of me saying you were bad at the game if you were Town was just trying to convince people you couldn't be Town.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I was confident you guys would not be able to make a case on me.

Even Rake ML worked out well; I got rid of an Anti-me faction before he could make one, and simultaneously made scum paranoid enough to keep me alive. Big mistake keeping me alive n3.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I would have tunneled on you regardless with the reasoning that you had nothing to fear if you were town. :D
Neither did Sneaky.

Of course, he was blue, but MyLo was the next day, and it was an even night, so it wouldn't have mattered.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
tfw your twilight posts have more game-related content than the entirety of Koopa/Ryu's slot
tfw we're both pretending to be evil monarchs.:4lemmy:

But srsly tho, I'm probably not going be joining in the next few mafia games, I've been too busy. I still feel bad for joining in the game and suddenly switching out. :U

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I got 2/3 scum right with 3 irl days so I really don't care. I can't believe you moops lynched me because I said bardull would claim though, like thats the most ******** arguement ever "oh man bardull told rake he'd claim what a scum mat move" anyone with half a brain knows that in bardull's position he had exactly two options, claim and try to play just well enough to look better and have people handwave him, or just go out of his mind posting and try to flood the thread with towni feels. The fact I already thought bardull was worth looking at made it obvious to me that he'd claim and try to coast on it which is exactly what he did

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Also, I never woud treat bardull with such kid gloves as a scum mate, I hate losing members, i would have gone literally out of my mind and out of my way to try to white knight his slot, not just wander around him making people explain why he's scummy, the fact bardull made the dumb move of trying to pull the "i forgot a aspect of my role " card after everything shoulda been like his insta death, the fact it took sneaky making like 3 different gambits is still ridiculous to me

Top Bottom