• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is everyone talking about that tweet? Y'all are taking it out of context.

Yoiko Minecraft is a japan show started by comic duo Yoiko. The show involves the two playing a variety of games, with their survival Minecraft show in particular being popular.

The tweet itself is retweeted by Sakurai because it contained this video:

In it, the two are joined by Sakurai as they play Smash Ultimate.

Remember when Sakurai posted a picture of Rathalos and everyone thought it was teasing Isaac? Yeah, we need to stop acting like everything he does is hinting at Smash

hinode

Smash Cadet
Is everyone talking about that tweet? Y'all are taking it out of context.

Yoiko Minecraft is a japan show started by comic duo Yoiko. The show involves the two playing a variety of games, with their survival Minecraft show in particular being popular.

The tweet itself is retweeted by Sakurai because it contained this video:

In it, the two are joined by Sakurai as they play Smash Ultimate.
Western fans really need to learn not to blindly respond to Japanese (re)tweets by Sakurai, lest they make fools out of themselves.

Last that that happened some Isaac and Shadow fans thought it was a good idea to beg for DLC when he was paying his respects to the late Unsho Ishizuka, voice actor for Incineroar (and Professor Oak, and Joseph Joestar, and a ton of other roles), for which they were deservedly chewed out by people fluent in Japanese.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Connecting this show and Sakurai to equal Minecraft in smash is just grasping at straws. Not everything he does has to be smash related. Lord knows I wouldn't assume Banjo in smash of I saw Sakurai playing Banjo-kazooie.

Plus if this did mean some Minecraft representation it would be waaaaay to early and possibly break NDA agreements. We dont even know who the 2nd pack will include and already people claim Steve's a lock. I call bull.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I posted this earlier in the DLC chat on the General Thread:

f this is the DLC wave then I would be VERY DISAPPOINTED and consider not buying it as well as any Nintendo system in the future. I am alright with Doomguy but the rest of these characters I have never heard of and don't care about. Knowing Nintendo's dumb decisions about the roster since the August direct, it probably is true. I have lost faith in the Smash development team.

Steve over Banjo or even Masterchief is just plain stupid and shows that Nintendo is out of touch with the fanbase and clearly doesn't read this board. I mean the Banjo support thread has 200 rows of posts while Steve has like 9. All over youtube & twitter, the reaction to Steve was very negative.

Ryu whatever his name is - Don't we have already a Ryu in the game?

Dragon Quest - This one doesn't bother me a lot but still another fantasy sword user which is addressed by Fire Emblem

Joker - This to me was the greatest offense because he is an obscure character and took up a spot from SEGA who has a lot better reps. A second Sonic the Hedgehog rep would have been more popular and fit Smash better.

Where is Rayman and Ubisoft representation? They have supported Nintendo forever and Sakurai keeps trolling this fanbase by putting in trophies (Smash 4) and Spirits (Ultimate). When is Nintendo or Sora going to stop being ******** to the Rayman fanbase and put him in the game. He fits VERY WELL with all the cartoony Nintendo characters and would have a VERY UNIQUE moveset. It makes too MUCH DAMN SENSE and I guess that is why Nintendo is being so stupid about it.

Where is Crash Bandicoot? Same as Rayman, another legend platform character on par with Kirby, Donkey Kong, and the other Nintendo characters that fits well with them.

I may just buy Doomguy and the Dragon Quest guy. However, I am hoping that this rumor isn't true.
I'll defend Ryu Hayabusa here. Ninja Gaiden is a classic NES franchise that isn't owned by Nintendo, similar to Mega Man and Castlevania.

Also the rumor also stated that Steve will have his minecraft Master Chief costume. So we would get Steve, Master Chief in some way, and no Banjo unless he is also a Steve costume. Imagine if the two most wanted Microsoft characters were just Steve costumes, this place will explode.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Im not buying the leak. If it does turn out real, Doomguy would be amazing to me since hes my number 2, but Steve over Banjo makes it a bittersweet ending. I do think that a DQ character is overkill though, since we just got Joker announced, and hes also an RPG character. It would be like if we got both Doomguy and Master Chief in the same character pack, or Banjo, Crash and Rayman in one pack. Keep the lineup varied please!

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
What's good fellow Banjo fans & supporters. To be real with you guys I think Steve isn't as likely as ppl perceive him to be. Vergeben hasn't ever come out and said directly Steve will be playable. As far as I've read it's just been "Minecraft content in some shape or form" & later "Minecraft boss" but as recently he seems to be getting more unsure of Steve's position and is hearing "He's in" in his left ear & "He's not in" in his right, and absolutely nothing from his 3 main sources he says. And Hitagi, I don't know what to make of his info so idk. But it sounds like Steve is the perfect red herring name no one would blink an eye at for being suspicious, as it's popular and relevant. I mean B&K have been requested since 64-Melee period where they were icons at the time and Sakurai even implemented the Perfect Dark bomb, which refers to its home series in the Japan version, Nintendo & Microsoft knows that fans want them. I have no doubt that Ultimate was suppose to have more stuff in it but was cut due to time constraints and other circumstances, like every other Smash entry in the series. And the info of "Square Enix character" and "Minecraft" has been around Verge and other insiders since September, this alludes in my mind that they were originally suppose to be in the base roster. And the two "Rare Spirits" really support this. Out of all the Microsoft & Minecraft IP's that they could have chose, why in the world did they choose two, Nintendo 64 platformer only, 90's Rare that's associated with DKC & B&K, & not Viva or something of the like, spirits to go with Steve? As far as I know Ryu, Ken & MegaMan don't have Resident Evil or Ace Attorney spirits, or Sonic doesn't have any Nights or Alex Kidd spirits & Cloud...is probably a different story. My point though is each 3rd party franchise (Street Fighter, etc.) seems to represent its own assets and not other IP's. (Except Pac Man, but he represents arcade Namco) But DLC might be something else entirely. Maybe online additions and supports to go along with their additions besides music and a stage? Just a thought, cause the developers would have known if something is 3rd party of not, these guys are the real deal too and not just some random hired off the street employees. Plus the best part for me is, is ALL the Minecraft hints, leaks, etc are all text leaks. Where as the Rare spirits are straight up in the game's files. To me that says a lot cause it's concrete. And with the recent datamine showing Erdrick for "Brave", lends me more to the belief that "Brave" and possibly Banjo were suppose to be in base at some point. Especially since the "Square Enix character" and "Minecraft content" has been known for so long. Yes Verge has legitimate ties to Smash but he doesn't know everything. If no one knew about Joker & K.Rool like that, then there is some stuff so confidential that only real higher ups in Nintendo know. I don't believe the Doomguy/Ryu leak at all. I do believe we'll get Ryu Hayabusa based on nothing lol, I just can so easily see it that's all. But outside of Erdrick & possibly Banjo, I personally believe no one knows the other two. Anyway this just my speculation but remember Smash breaks fan made rules all the time and business negotiations can be tricky, so take it all lightly. Srry for long post lol

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
If the leaks end up being true I'll be split. Cause on the one hand Doomguy who was one of my most wanted but on the other hand generic Dragon Quest swordboy and Steve aren't that enticing. Neutral on Hayabusa but would prefer him over other characters

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Im not buying the leak. If it does turn out real, Doomguy would be amazing to me since hes my number 2, but Steve over Banjo makes it a bittersweet ending. I do think that a DQ character is overkill though, since we just got Joker announced, and hes also an RPG character. It would be like if we got both Doomguy and Master Chief in the same character pack, or Banjo, Crash and Rayman in one pack. Keep the lineup varied please!
Hate to break it to ya, but some Halo guy said Cheif wasn't in Smash Ultimate:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
to be honest guys, I put more stock on the Rare spirits in the game's files hinting at Banjo & Kazooie more than putting stock on credible leakers that are not 100% percent sure Steve is in.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Head to the Master Chief where that leak was debunked. At the time when that person said that there was no data to be had and they were claiming they had DLC downloaded. This person holds no credibility.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
You think if Steve gets in those Rareware spirits could still be for him and not Banjo? They put Rareware costumes into Minecraft after all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
to be honest guys, I put more stock on the Rare spirits in the game's files hinting at Banjo & Kazooie more than putting stock on credible leakers that are not 100% percent sure Steve is in.
Well, if the pastebin data is correct, it's possible that it may actually not be spirits, but music, which is even better!

This is mean Steve isn't in the DLC? https://youtu.be/GejiOQQazJo
We're thinking that is presumably the case, yes. Considering that this was asked at a Minecraft event, and all.

andree123

Smash Ace
Does anyone think that we're missing a 64 rep and if we are getting DLC, it may be Banjo, right?

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
Head to the Master Chief where that leak was debunked. At the time when that person said that there was no data to be had and they were claiming they had DLC downloaded. This person holds no credibility.
Doesn't he have some corporate position at Microsoft like how Phil Spencer is the head of the Xbox division?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
jeez the dude looks like what people always joked about how master cheif really looks under the mask LOL

JonSmash

Smash Ace
it means he looks like what fans said MC would look like, not hard to see what I said ? its just funny that the directer of the game looks like what fans said MC would look like

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You think if Steve gets in those Rareware spirits could still be for him and not Banjo? They put Rareware costumes into Minecraft after all.
It’s possible. Akira from Virtua Fighter is a spirit and he isn’t from Sonic or Bayonetta. Just a general SEGA spirit.

ArkhamAnderson

Smash Rookie
FWIW, that's Frank O'Conner, one of the big wigs at 343 industries. He's always given out correct info in posts on Twitter and NEOGaf. He went so far as explaining what happened to cause the Master Chief Collection to be so broken back in 2014. So, take his tweet for face value. As much as I would love seeing Chief in Smash, I would be shocked if Microsoft allowed it.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
it means he looks like what fans said MC would look like, not hard to see what I said ? its just funny that the directer of the game looks like what fans said MC would look like
Ah, I see now. Thanks.

Guess I was wrong about O'Connor, sorry everyone.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine that being the case. That would be assuming we’d get an entire Microsoft pack, but I think if we got Steve it would be a Minecraft/Mojang pack, just like if we got Banjo I assume it’d be a Rare pack. But this is just my assumption

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Interesting tweet, but I was speaking more hypothetically than anything. The idea that we would get two first person shooter characters from sci fi settings would be dissapointing to those who expect variety in the fighter pass. Much like the idea that right after we get Joker, from the RPG Persona 5, we would get a DQ character, ANOTHER RPG character. (At least it means Banjo has an ever so slight edge on getting in as dlc, if it means no Chief)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I don't want to be the bad guy, but I wouldn't be bothered in the least about Steve making it. He might even be called like like "Minecraft Player" or something. Minecraft is a huge game of the generation and if Sakurai likes it, why shouldn't he be allowed to put it in his game? Yeah, we all want BK, but there are definitely people out there who would like Minecraft.

Again, I'm not buying that 5 character leak, but more because of Ryu and Doomguy, not because of the other 3.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Interesting tweet, but I was speaking more hypothetically than anything. The idea that we would get two first person shooter characters from sci fi settings would be dissapointing to those who expect variety in the fighter pass. Much like the idea that right after we get Joker, from the RPG Persona 5, we would get a DQ character, ANOTHER RPG character. (At least it means Banjo has an ever so slight edge on getting in as dlc, if it means no Chief)
Yeah I remember someone on Twitter like expecting only either Crash or Banjo in the Fighter's Pass because variety.
I don't want to be the bad guy, but I wouldn't be bothered in the least about Steve making it. He might even be called like like "Minecraft Player" or something. Minecraft is a huge game of the generation and if Sakurai likes it, why shouldn't he be allowed to put it in his game? Yeah, we all want BK, but there are definitely people out there who would like Minecraft.

Again, I'm not buying that 5 character leak, but more because of Ryu and Doomguy, not because of the other 3.
Call him Minecrafter!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I don't trust any leak that's so oddly detailed, yet doesn't mention anything about what Joker will get. I mean, why hide it then?

Also, somehow managing to get TWO big Western TP characters (from two different companies, no less) when only one is enough of a hassle to negotiate for as it is.

Again, if it's not a codename leak, it's a hard pass. Unfortunately most people will take this one as gospel for the following months. If Eddy comes without any of the alts that it mentions (most likely Anlucia), it should theoretically be enough to disprove it.

At least we probably won't have too long to wait in regards to the second reveal, depending on whether or not it happens in the rumored forthcoming Direct this thursday.

Last edited:
I don’t think we should expect another character announcement until when or after Joker is released. Which probably won’t be until around April or May. If we get any Smash info in this inevitable January direct, it’ll probably just be a release date for Piranha Plant and nothing more.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don’t think we should expect another character announcement until when or after Joker is released. Which probably won’t be until around April or May. If we get any Smash info in this inevitable January direct, it’ll probably just be a release date for Piranha Plant and nothing more.
Yeah, but on the other hand the fanbase will get beyond exhausted about who is supposedly getting in when nothing new gets brought up in the Direct.

Either way, be ready for the drought, it's not gonna be pleasant.

tenor.gif

At the very least, I hope they announce some new games/ports, there's barely going to be much exclusives this month and the next.

andree123

Smash Ace
Yeah, but on the other hand the fanbase will get beyond exhausted about who is supposedly getting in when nothing new gets brought up in the Direct.
So, when they are going to announce the date for P. Plant without a direct?

BUT, I still think that January 10th direct is real and it will be another smash direct.

Top Bottom