• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Some of that info is definitely missing so far.

I have a hard time believing we'll get 2 Smash DLC announcements but it could happen I guess.

Some legit(?) leakers throw in false info.

edit: they don't have all of the reveals in that list, either.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Well it makes me glad seeing almost EVERY recent leak supporting banjo either thru minecraft or as a character himself. Hopefully with almost every leak coming out with banjo stuff it means something.

So, bit of an update: so far, the only acknowledgement Smash has received is in the form of two short adverts shown during commercial breaks. However, the show's not over, so we'll see what happens.
Nintendo have barely shown anything so far. Makes me think whatever they do have will be pretty big

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
PHIL IS UP!!!
If the boss fight is there from DMC...OMG its happening (maybe)

Last edited:

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Psychonauts 2 is an unexpected gift from this show.

phil seems to be done.

EDIT: how long is this thing?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So they just said that the award for "Game of the Year" is going to be presented soon, which says to me that the show is starting to come to a close. Hopefully, we'll see SOMETHING from Nintendo, but I'm not sure whether or not we will.

Edit: We also got our third Smash promo for the night.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is the first year I've actually watched the game awards live and I think it'll be my last.

D

Deleted member

Welp, we got our first DLC announcement. Joker from Persona 5. RIP Banjo.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well, that's pretty cool, actually. I like that personally Joker was not on any of the "leakers" lists that I've seen, which is actually quite exciting.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Sonuvabitch. Seriously? Joker? C'mon. I guess Banjo & Kazooie's 20th anniversary in Japan wasn't a good enough announcement the same night as the Game Awards? Give me a break.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Welp, we got a teaser for the first Fighter Pass character, and while I'm not that familiar with the Persona series, I have at least heard of it, and as long as this Joker guy is unique, I'll welcome him with open arms. Also, guys, remember: this is just one of four; there's still a chance for Banjo-Kazooie.

D

Deleted member

Well, that's pretty cool, actually. I like that personally Joker was not on any of the "leakers" lists that I've seen, which is actually quite exciting.
That's true, but I very much don't care. Never played a Persona game, nor a SMT game. Ooooh well I'm sure some fans out there are excited. Kinda feels like another Cloud situation.

Well it wasn’t Banjo, but on the bright side, this proves that 1. The fighter’s pass won’t suck, and 2. These “Square Enix will be the first DLC character” rumors are now confirmed false!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well it wasn’t Banjo, but on the bright side, this proves that 1. The fighter’s pass won’t suck, and 2. These “Square Enix will be the first DLC character” rumors are now confirmed false!
I can only imagine supporters of these so called “leakers” crying out and then being silenced.

Although serious question: Did anyone see this coming? I know there are supporters of Joker but even I think they didn’t see it coming.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'm not going to lie... I'm disappointed. Joker in my opinion is so undeserving. I think Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) would have been a better choice as he actually has history with Nintendo.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Admittedly, I don't know much about Persona, so it wouldn't be on my radar. But from what I do know, it involves teaming up with these spirits called "Personas", which could lend itself to an interesting moveset. We'll see once we get a proper trailer. Also, that performance of "Lifelight" was great!

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
I will admit its very interesting that they got a character that has never been on a nintendo console but before. Considering this was supposedly picked by nintendo its REALLY interesting. Persona 5 is an OK game and all but its not great in my opinion.

After this, well, I'm glad I didnt get the fighter pass.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I'm not going to lie... I'm disappointed. Joker in my opinion is so undeserving. I think Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) would have been a better choice as he actually has history with Nintendo.
Joker will be in Persona Q2 on the 3DS next year, so he gets in on a technicality like Cloud did with Final Fantasy Explorers on the 3DS. (Which I think is actually cool)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I actually had a sliver of hope this time around and once again it got dashed. I know its only the first DLC announced, but man if the 20th anniversary of their series in Japan of all places on the same night as the Game Awards wasn't a good enough time to share them, and Joker and Piranha Plant get priority over them, then how the heck can we expect them in the future?

*Edit* OH I'M SORRY. Persona has priority in spite of having only one spin-off game in its series on the Nintendo 3DS over a pair of characters who were in THREE NINTENDO 64 GAMES and TWO GAME BOY ADVANCE GAMES. Come the **** on. I'm sure the character is cool and all and I'm happy for the fans, but mannnnn, when is the bear and bird gonna get their chance in the spotlight? I'm going to bed. See you all on the battlefield.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well, I did see people speculating what other 3rd party candidates could get picked, and besides the Square / Microsoft / Capcom realm, I saw some Atlas and Konami picks. I don't think any of the people that talked about Atlas honestly thought it was likely, but who knows.

All I know is I didn't see any leaker post about it, so to me it stands for hope for the unknown. Banjo not on any of the leaker's radars? Not an issue anymore!

This to me is better news for Banjo (besides well, Banjo actually being announced tonight, haha), because we do actually still have some evidence in the form of spirit texts, along with all the popularity and recent discussions regarding Rare and Microsoft.

While I would have looooved Banjo to just be announced tonight, I'm quite happy just because it was something that people weren't talking about.

D

Deleted member

Right? That's why I feel it's another Cloud situation. Even Snake has more of a history with Nintendo. I guess this means the Persona series will actually eventually come to Nintendo platforms? Later FF games finally came to Switch after Cloud was in Smash.

Edit: So apparently there is some presence of Persona on 3DS, but mostly it seems like a Playstation franchise. Like okamifire okamifire said, we still have the Rare spirits and no deconfirmation yet. If Joker is coming out of left field, it could bode well for yet another "impossible" addition like Banjo (except in the latter's case, there is actually fan demand).

If Banjo does make it in, I imagine it would have to be because of some other agreement with Microsoft, such as a cross promotion for a new Banjo game or something like that. They're not just going to give Nintendo one of their most beloved IPs for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Persona 5 is a really cool game and the soundtrack is just Godlike! So I'm kind of happy even if this was unespected. I'm just a little bit afraid that all the DLC are going to be Third parties.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Persona 5 is a really cool game and the soundtrack is just Godlike! So I'm kind of happy even if this was unespected. I'm just a little bit afraid that all the DLC are going to be Third parties.
Third party representation is great for Banjo, but with the first DLC character being a non-Nintendo character who hasn't even been on a Nintendo console, I'm worried that Sakurai is just gonna drop all these weird characyers on us.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Third party representation is great for Banjo, but with the first DLC character being a non-Nintendo character who hasn't even been on a Nintendo console, I'm worried that Sakurai is just gonna drop all these weird characyers on us.
Yes its good for Banjo, but I also hope first party.

Top Bottom