• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Man this leak is crazy its looking more & more real so much drama around it with on both side real or fake. Im team real I feel it in my heart!

the best part of this leak is the grintch, SO much fan art & memes I love it ! (if the leak is real I going to have to buy a grintch plush to hold may smash ultimate game case in his arms lol (& so many custom banjo amiibo for me to make)

Opinons on the new comers is there all cool! but I only care about banjo he was my dream! I legit went through a depression during brawl when my fave characters got cut & I learned/realized that due to copyright banjo would never be in smash bros (that & where my boy Dr.Luigi echo/alt at ?)

game I have been playing Pokémon & Friday the 13th that I got free on PSN its really fun for a free game & its hooloween time so im playing that.

at least this leak is fun unlike all the steve incinaroar last month that was boring.

lMb0ctWv.jpg

PLUS WHAT UP WITH GAME EXPLAIN LOL not just them but other people are so quit to say FAKE & then just not cover it or even speak of it at all makes feel like its real

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Just trust in the Grinch. The leaker's identity and credentials are out there. The printing appears to be professional. The print shop in the captures appears legit, or is an extremely convincing set. The way in which this was leaked left a lot to chance, as it was possible it'd be missed entirely. The banner is full of the attention to detail and polish you'd expect from Nintendo's artists. There are elements to the design of the characters that are extremely clever, like the addition of the Conductor to the Chorus Kids, which are exactly the sort of clever things Sakurai would think of to get a character right. The background matches up most details using a blur, meaning the few changes in there had to be intentional, which a faker trying to toe the line wouldn't make. Finally a bit of green ended up on Mac's shoe briefly after the last direct, and this green lines up exactly with Isaac's grass on the banner.

Individually one could imagine managing any one of these things, but all of them at once? Doubtful. Simplest explanation, it's a true goof up of massive proportions and you can trust it.
That seems so contradictory to trust the GRINCH of all characters. But he's promising the likes of Issac, Geno, & freaking Banjo & Kazooie. And trusting my own art schooling, and obsessing over the banner for the past few days, it just looks so legit. I really hope this all turns out the way we're hoping. This will be the greatest video game of all time if it turns out to be true. It practically already is.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
One thing I will say, especially if this leak is true and our bear and bird are indeed returning to Nintendo for this game, is we need to thank Masahiro Sakurai and his team somehow for making dreams come true and even if Banjo & Kazooie don't make it into the base game (which I'm praying this leak is true and they do), we should find a way to thank them for all their hard work every single Smash they've worked on. Every last one strives to improve on the last and they never seem to get any thanks for it. We need to show them how much we appreciate their efforts to please as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY if Banjo & Kazooie, the only characters I personally have ever truly wanted, finally make it in this time around.
Shouldn't we all come together and have someone type out or Write this letter to send to Sakurai/Nintendo if given the chances that Banjo is confirmed?
We can have the entire Banjo-Roo's sign it after Proof reading what we all think would be good to say.

It just seems right.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
If all of this is true, oh we absolutely should thank Sakurai and his team, Phil Spencer, the team at Rare, Nintendo's cooperation, and each other, in making Banjo-Kazooie, someone who was believed impossible, possible.

I'd imagine this character above all others, took more time and money sorting out a deal, and tons of effort and cooperation with multiple parties to make work. So yeah, thank you cards and fan arts and all of the above, because if this happens, it's the closest thing to a miracle happening in this franchise.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Right now, this picture is the thing that’s making me believe in the leak the most. A fellow Smashboarder took the time to try and replicate the effort of the leak and move characters around on the current banner to overlay with the leaked banner. Not only did he say it took way longer to accomplish than he thought, but realized just how much had been changed in conjunction to the current ‘real’ banner. It and the leaked banner itself is what’s keeping my hopes up. Just seeing Banjo & Kazooie so seamlessly included alongside so many big time video game characters and characters people have been wanting in Smash since forever finally together at last... I need this leak to be real. It’ll be vindication for all the years our bear and bird have wasted away in obscurity and will make this game truly the Ultimate Smash Bros. And that’s not even potentially including DLC in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here’s what we have so far
And besides it’s their 20th anniversary anyway
Here’s an updated version as well

Last edited by a moderator:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Here’s what we have so far
And besides it’s their 20th anniversary anyway
Some of those points are very poor and was clearly made by a Team Real person.

The fact that it could be faked is a "what if" scenario that doesn't hold as much water, but half of the positives are in the same boat. Blank Battlefield was seen in a Treehouse right? That point is wrong. Mech Toy could equal Mach Rider but could also represent Ray who was cut. Which is it? Why are those separate? Could also be Elma. Grid doesn't matter much if we get DLC. Leaker in September can be the same guy, has the same juvenile attitude and cussing behavior. Grinch artwork according to one twitter has been used in French marketing in the past. (can't confirm this myself as I'm not french!) The "Snapchat is blurry and can differences" is a poor excuse. Blog Theory is pretty bad, it basically can be "right" if we get 2-8 characters. That makes it really bad to follow or "prove" since it was basically guaranteed to pass based on common sense. Mach Rider is not a ballot choice. Whether the leaker intended or didn't intend this means nothing in favor of the leak. With the traction it's gotten, it makes sense for the leak post to be deleted as it does paint a bad image for both the guy involved as well as the companies he has or is working for. The companies don't want a bunch of Smash fans screaming leaks all over their stuff as it'll hurt their business.

The "Team True" stuff is really inflated there. Lol.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's this week or next (I'm sure it's next week)
, I Don't see it being aired a day or 2 before Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee's launch or the week after that when Thanksgiving and Black Friday is what everyone is focusing on and I think the last week in November is way too close to the launch date.

I bet the date of the direct is going to be 11/8/18.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Don’t listen to him please. Nobody likes him because of these click bait leaks.
I don't really like his videos either, but so far he's the only one I've seen who's claiming that there may be a Direct this week, possibly even Thursday, which again, I'll believe when I see it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Insiders seem to be hinting at a Direct on Nov. 1st.

Notably Spawn Wave and Jon from GameXplain (Jon posted an otter tweet today, which he did a few days before the September Direct's original date and then he posted another before the rescheduled date).

Also, Mystic never confirmed nor disconfirmed the banner, it being fake was just his opinion based on his observation; his sources never completely confirmed it nor disconfirmed it, and he seems to be certain on 5 characters that are in the banner (Geno, Isaac, Ken, Chorus Kids, Shadow). so we may very well get B-K and Mach Rider as well.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There was rumor that there was suppose to be 2 directs in November, The Smash one was a given, But a Nintendo direct kinda throws a wrench in the schedule seeing how Nintendo spaces out full Nintendo directs throughout the year, or it could be Mini Nintendo direct like we had back in January or February.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai did retweet that Nintendo event tournament thing that is going on this weekend so maybe they will announce a Smash direct there for next week.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
So will it be a general direct or a Smash direct is the big question? I assume focused Smash but who knows anymore

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
A full Nintendo direct doesn't really make sense right now seeing how we just had one in September and the one before that was in March, Though we did had a mini direct in January. Not sure what Nintendo would reveal in this one when I wasn't expecting one until January like do the each year to set the stage of what's to come.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Especially when there's still so much left to reveal. This anticipation is driving me nuts! Someone over in the Issac thread made a good point, it could be this Thursday since Friday the Smash Ultimate box bundle comes out...

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Especially when there's still so much left to reveal. This anticipation is driving me nuts! Someone over in the Issac thread made a good point, it could be this Thursday since Friday the Smash Ultimate box bundle comes out...
Agree, it's been driving me nuts as well bro.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What order do you think the 7 will be when revealed?

Sry for the double post

Last edited by a moderator:
That Liam Robertson isn't very credible.

He strongly implied Shovel Knight getting into Smash 4, which was one of many bloopers. Not discrediting that tweet, just an observation.

You would think these "insiders" would be more cautious with information in general. Then again it's easy to not face any consequences when wrong, which again makes you question if they're a real insider and how much flesh, if any, they have in the game, if that makes sense.

There are definitely some out there who subscribe to the theory that if you throw enough **** at a wall, some of it is bound to stick. Same goes for Emily Rogers, although she seems to get a bit more right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom